France open sources their internal OS

zdnet.com/article/french-cyber-security-agency-open-sources-clip-os-a-security-hardened-os/
From that description it sounds similar to Qubes, considering this is what French spooks (supposedly) use internally it could be nteresting.

Probably just a coincidence this happened in the midst of all the drama over the Linux CoC(k) being shoved down everyone's throat.

Attached: 250px-Flag_of_France.svg.png (250x167, 381)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/CLIPOS-Archive
github.com/CLIPOS
archiveos.org/redstar/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: 1438365305439.jpg (495x480, 48.66K)

french back doors are better then American back doors. right guys?

kikehub links:
github.com/CLIPOS-Archive (old v4)
github.com/CLIPOS (v5, currently in alpha)
However:

Absolute trash

probably just fancier

Attached: 3f893e7fff30b4edf8092510aca92db736570066c27572dbab2e251f6b2a1499.jpg (608x668, 91.93K)

wtf i am going to use to compute?? A fucking abacus?!??!?!

yer fingers

>you mean French (((Republic)))
no thanks

Attached: 0ef70a5adf7185fb0afbd21932eacf9645fc0f951145cac1c1dd65078505fd70.jpg (600x703, 123.13K)

It's got kebabs instead of burgers

Nothing on hardware backdoor (HDD firmware, Intel ME etc...). Nothing on the RNG.

Like, I don't understand. Anyone here, or anywhere close to the system security subject would say that there is an incredible problem with hardware.
Do you think they have some special agreement with these companies to make them able to control the content of intel ME, or the content of the HDD firmwares?

I think though, that I'll copy some of the config for the linux kernel. I'm already applying libreboot. Using gentoo hardened, obviously. It's not like gentoo is the only good linux distro left.

What sucks is that this "internal OS" is just a fork of Gentoo with all the same bullshit from Gentoo and Debian. "Cages" are just the weenie reinvention of 70s virtual machines and paravirtualization. Computer companies used to design their own hardware and OS from scratch and had the OS finished and suitable for running serious business and government software 24/7 in time to be released together with the hardware. None of these companies used C or "borrowed" free software and they could accomplish this, even when everything was written in assembly. Even with those tens of millions of lines of code and hundreds of system calls written by thousands of people, UNIX-like OSes still can't do what real computers did with 64 KB of memory. What really sucks is that none of them know how to design anything from scratch. Even Google's Fuchsia is just a hack of some existing code called "Little Kernel".

> There's nothing wrong with C as it was originally > designed,> ...bullshite.Since when is it acceptable for a language to incorporatetwo entirely diverse concepts such as setf and cadr into thesame operator (=), the sole semantic distinction being thatif you mean cadr and not setf, you have to bracket yourvariable with the characters that are used to representswearing in cartoons? Or do you have to do that if you meansetf, not cadr? Sigh.Wouldn't hurt to have an error handling hook, real memoryallocation (and garbage collection) routines, real datatypes with machine independent sizes (and string data typesthat don't barf if you have a NUL in them), reasonableequality testing for all types of variables without havingto call some heinous library routine like strncmp,and... and... and... Sheesh.I've always loved the "elevator controller" paradigm,because C is well suited to programming embedded controllersand not much else. Not that I'd knowingly risk my life inan elevator that was controlled by a program written in C,mind you...

How is cadr like =?

Linux is GPL so if they plan on distributing it to the outside in any form which it looks like they might then they kind of have to open source it. Stupid clickb8 title tbh

your green text is shit. also
it does have real memory allocation.

If national cybersecurity agency uses it, that would mean gentoo hardened is probably one of the best distros regarding security and privacy. Interesting.

Attached: 1533443151124.png (300x300, 15.01K)

At least post one of the webms.

Attached: In The Air Tonight.webm (300x300, 6.24M)

it's called the high assurance bit, intel enables it, which is supposed to disable the botnet, on government hardware

Backdoors of a country you aren't living in and that isn't allied to the country you're living in are preferable.
I would like to get my hands on ChinkOS, NorkOS, IvanOS or PersiaOS.

The NorkOS is called Red Star OS and is available.
archiveos.org/redstar/

NorkOS is windows 98

I don't speak bug.

The entire point of NorkOS is to be entirely Bugspeak so that nobody who has to use a computer has to learn another language, which would allow them to communicate with the outside world more easily.

Nah. But you are right that gentoo hardened is one of the few security oriented operating systems.

You are a fucking retard.

Wow so edgy I cringed. Look at that, school is out on the west coast too, must be a coincidence

From the GPL FAQ.