OpenBSD or DragonflyBSD

So this and this and Linux is slowly getting fucked, now i want to switch.

I want to choose between OpenBSD or DragonflyBSD, i thought go with OpenBSD because looks good and you guys were talking nice stuff about it, but i also thought about DragonflyBSD because it looks cool and i was thinking about it for a while...

I just want to change the kernel of my desktop, so i have no problems switching to {Free,Net}BSD or any other, but i want to read your opinions about OpenBSD or DragonflyBSD.

Attached: ThinkingEmoji.jpg (512x512, 19K)

I would say OpenBSD if you want more support. Dragonfly if you want to go full autism and make a lain-tier Beowulf machine.

which BSD has the best hardware support? FreeBSD?

Out of *BSDs I prefer NetBSD. If you have to choose from OpenBSD and Dragonfly BSD, then I think OpenBSD is the better choice generally, but if you need good (the best) multi-core performance or the best file system (HAMMER and HAMMER2) then install Dragonfly BSD. If you have very old (over 10 years old) computer with a SSD, then install Dragonfly BSD since it has trim support.

the whole BSD license vs. GPL thing is stupid.

If you want to switch to a distribution of BSD to escape the Linux's huge CoCk, then do not install FreeBSD since it has a similar CoCk. FreeBSD has the best desktop hardware support, but NetBSD supports more architectures and older machines. NetBSD is the most lightweight out of all *BSDs.

OP here.

I only want a Cock-less gui desktop that works, i have a machine from 2003 (1 GB of RAM and a Pentium 4) and i'am a poorfag.

So, i should go with NetBSD then?

yes, report back with rice

NetBSD will definitely be your best choice, it has the greatest amount of packages due to pkgsrc.
OpenBSD while comfy has a lot of noob gotchas and you are expected to RTFM for these gotchas(e.g. 512MB RAM limit per process by default).

I recommend trying each of them (NetBSD/OpenBSD/Dragonfly BSD) and see which one you like the best. But yeah, do it. Boot the iso file like a white man. Remember to install the package managers (yes both). When the installer finishes installing the system, it will ask whether you want to configure the system. Answer yes, and select "install package manager/pkgsrc". Pls rember to select "setup internet connecton" (i don't remember the exact wording) first before installing the package manager(s).

Attached: 585756-akira_kogami_large.png (300x375, 98.46K)

Which BSD would be best for an older Asus Eee PC? Intel Atom CPU dual 1.66 Ghz, 2 gigabytes RAM.

I asked in the sticky but didn't get any response. Does anyone know how to set up a bridged connection to NetBSD in Virtualbox (ubuntu host)? Linux just werks, OpenBSD just werks, but NetBSD doesn't do shit and doesn't work in either NAT or bridged mode. It's just a newly installed VM, nothing else. What am I missing here?

OpenBSD or NetBSD user. beyond that comes down to personal preference. If you want security OpenBSD if you want more packages and performance NetBSD. is right that you should try all the ones that interest you though.

I don't run VirtualBox at all so I don't really know, maybe try putting "dhcpcd=yes" in /etc/rc.conf, and then rebooting.

A SJW deleted the Hitler quotes in NetBSD's fortune(6) collection.

The NetBSD coreteam put them back.

UNIX Live Free Or Die

Attached: 1418574684463.jpg (300x300, 13.09K)

That worked. Thank you sir,

Attached: 3DBF1678-7E60-43C9-A7FC-ADF872F54922.jpg (480x720, 39.87K)

glad to hear it user. enjoy.

Yeah, no. I'll stay with GNU, at least it works and I can't be assed to read error logs and manuals just to install a new OS.
When and if Linux starts really going to shit, I'll consider moving to BSD. Until then GNU is the place to stay.

I usually pick my OS based on which logo looks the coolest.

Attached: business shrug.jpg (800x504, 33.92K)

OpenBSD all the way

Didn't they also retaliate by adding more in?
I hated reading that archive, that sjw was concern trolling by saying the quotes were "not professional"

I've tried OpenBSD a few nights ago. Installation on my x201 went smoothly. I was using xfce in less than 15 minutes. Installed lots of software and played a bit. The only thing I couldn't figure out was network-manager, especially connection to my vpn. Maybe next time.

I didn't know that NetBSD was approved by the Third Reich when I chose it. I wish I could choose it again.

Attached: 1469050248866.png (1600x1295, 2.51M)

I quickly did a DragonFly install on an old AMD with 1GB ram.
Problems getting firefox to run. Something about dbus. Had to go to sleep at that point.

It's like Zig Forums completly forgot why it was rejected in the first place. Let me remind you, it's the shitty licence that gave microsoft the TCP/IP stack to fuck with the internet they rejected in the beginning and gave apple free base so they managed to stay relevant when they switched to Intel CPUs.

Supporting BSD is like begging to get cucked.

However, at this point it doesn't matter which licence you OS uses because eveything is fucked. The is no alternative for you to use. The only things you can do now is submitting to a dystopian world order where your life means nothing or you get rid of the people (on every level) that made, advertized and willfully used this evil compromized technology. Get rid of the traitors to humanity. Get rid of jews and poos.

Half of the NetBSD devs and users are nips. They have no fear of the SJW.

OP just install them all and see which you like best. If your switching to escape CoCk then absolutely stay away from FreeBSD. They took the CoC are pure poz now.

No one gives a shit about licenses.

ensured that Microsoft's TCP/IP stack wasn't an incompatible sack of shit.
It's better for YOUR COMPUTER'S SECURITY if proprietary software steals good free code, because the alternative is not that people use free software instead. The alternative is that people use proprietary software with shit code.

Attached: 1494544183606.jpg (300x192, 5.12K)

Are you sure you are not one of those people who believe copying is stealing?

linux has come too far for me to throw it away over some dumb trannies and dykes.
All they do is talk anyways.

Linux is a mess when you look under the hood

Yo I'm building a nas for torrenting, does netbsd support zfs? If not which *BSDs would you recommend? My requirement is simple, good raid file system, ssh and transmission daemon.

fbsd

OpenBSD doesn't support ZFS, I don't know if DragonflyBSD does, and NetBSD does support ZFS.

How did they discover that MS had ripped the BSD TCP/IP without obeying the licence conditions?

By having the same security hole.

gas yourself

Let me remind you that the only reason BSD has any official license at all is because the lawyers said they had to have something.

Berkeley Software Distribution started when Ken Thompson and Bill Joy started taking Bell Labs UNIX source code and repackaging it out of Berkeley in the 1970s giving zero fucks about licenses or software (((law))).
Take what you can use and pass it on. Do with it what you wish. I did the same.

Everyone grew up pirating DOS, Windows, and MP3s... now all of a sudden they care about licenses.

Attached: 1200px-Unix_history-simple.svg.png (1200x831, 130.26K)

GPL users are cucks. BSD developers are cucks. You should only write proprietary software, and only use public domain software. Few people understand this.

Attached: DaexcbvVAAArQGX.jpg (1024x592, 108.98K)

The BSD Licence came about because Bill Joy wanted to take his code off to start Sun Microcomputers-- he didn't want it Public Domain, he wanted it encumbered-able, and Berkeley didn't want to be held liable for proprietary derivative works (hence Clause #4).

Was going to post the NetBSD Hitler fortune quotes, but that faggot NaziLARPer wants to use his Internet Power Words again..

You do realize public domain code is even more cucked than BSD right

What's that got to do with anything, beside you getting excited saying 'cuck' on Internets?

PD's problem for Joy was the patents issue. A BSD Licence lets any patented ideas be legally obtainable because there's a legal owner. More importantly in reverse, anything Sun did couldn't be pasted back into BSD.

Kek, posting a picture of someone who can actually think in more than one dimension doesn't make you look any smarter.

(checked)
This. All of them became faggots.
Only seeking acknowledgement or money.

>an old AMD with 1GB ram
This sort of system is not recommended for Dragonfly BSD. Consider using NetBSD (or OpenBSD) instead (you will get better performance on your system!)

Consider using Dragonfly BSD and HAMMER

I doubt Dfly is that unsuited to low spec systems if you use UFS instead of HAMMER(2).