E-Mail Applications

Do you use them? Which ones do you use if you do? I never used them up until I got Windows 10, but I need it now to manage them all, but the Windows 10 mail program is a pile of dog shit.

Attached: thunderbird-256.png (256x256, 29.67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

spyware.neocities.org/articles/thunderbird.html)
spyware.neocities.org
github.com/SirCmpwn/aerc
mailpile.is/
mail.tutanota.com
seamonkey-project.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

reddit.com/r/gentoo

Kill yourself.

Alpine but idk if it's maintained anymore. Use thunderbird + enigmail if you are on wangblows.

Works on Шindows too.

Attached: sylpheed.png (48x48, 2.65K)

Cover your dick with tin foil and fuck a wall socket
then install Thunderbird, it's pretty good

Yep, Alpine's still around.

Since we have a thread about email here, I figured I'd bring this up.
I LOVE the idea of command-line or terminal-based client. They feel so comfy to navigate, and I don't like how enigmail seems to like to silently create new GPG keys for addresses even though I already made my own manually and want to use those.
However, something always bugs me about the default behavior of these clients. They seem to go off the assumption that the machine they're being run from IS the mail server, and need to be specially configured to understand the idea of relaying to a remote email server for IMAP and SMTP.
That's the convenience advantage of the big, bloated GUI clients. They're written with the understanding that it's $CURRENT_YEAR and that 99.9% of people just want to relay to their gmail or yahoo or posteo or cock.li account. They prompt for this information immediately on first launch.

idk where I was going with this. I guess I just wish mailx or mutt or others could handle modern mail infrastructure better.

nig0nig

By the way: Furfag recently announced he's reviving Pale Moon's sister mail app project. It looks like we'll once again have an extensible, normalfag friendly GUI MUA after Pozilla killed Thunderbird with malignant cancer. Fingers crossed.

Never use a client that renders HTML. Sylpheed should be okay for niggers like you.

mu would be perfect but for a glib dependency

This.

Whats "considered harmful" about glib?

fuckin amateurs

Attached: claws-mail-128x128.png (128x128, 20.93K)

bloated GNOMEshit

no thanks, I prefer Sylpheed.

I'm just using Thunderbird, how fucked am I?

Is it easy to get my pop3/imap mail and somehow shove that shit into my directory and just use the old school unix mail program? Help me out here Zig Forums!

Use (neo)mutt. If you want gui, use Sylpheed/Claws mail or continue using Thunderbird (but read this: spyware.neocities.org/articles/thunderbird.html)

No, they do all kinds of special snowflake bullshit and special DNS queries making it hard to be sure it's routing over Tor. At that point I may as well just use my web browser to avoid installing more bloatware. After all, SMTP is basically webshit.

Faggots.

mutt handles fine. It fetches using an external program and sends using an external program. What more do you need? I use getmail to fetch into a local maildir setup (though mutt can be configured to use pure IMAP and cache recent messages) and msmtp to send.

What is the least kiked email service?

Claws is bloated pile of garbage.

>spyware.neocities.org is still around
Good

Attached: 1564463489.jpg (1024x768, 114.64K)

0) your own (But you must know wtf you are doing)
1) cockli (Encrypt everything with GnuPG)
2) protonmail (BUT use an editor to compose your mail and encrypt it with GnuPG and then copypasta it in the webmail)
3) Gmail/Outlook/mail.ru/yandex/tutanota (PLS rember that meta-data can still get you killed. Also, use an editor to compose your mail and encrypt it with GnuPG and then copypasta it in the webmail)

protonmeme requires phone or donation to sign up. if you want a JS-bloated piece of shit, use tutanota instead.
gmail is unusable since it requires phone to sign up and locks you out when you change IP address and forgot to write down your security qustions. it will even ask you for the country you last logged in from and the date you registered, the former you wont know if you use tor and the latter you wont know period. yandex also forces you to anwer security questions

this

I thought that shit program had died off by 2004.

Attached: harcourt_fenton_mudd_2266.jpg (829x829, 435.11K)

Obvious missing option: your own ISP's email server. A lot of them even provide a web interface, if you really want that. Otherwise any email client works, just like in the 90's and prior.

Attached: fvwm-geir.gif (1152x900, 238.46K)

github.com/SirCmpwn/aerc

Attached: aerc.png (960x529, 82.76K)

If you aren't opposed to using something that markets to literal commies, autistici and riseup are good as long as the name you register as isn't something along the lines of "ilovefascism". Certainly better default security features than cock.li, you also sort of have to be invited to them but it's not hard to make a request.

wew

Yes.
Emacs.

I thought that it might have some other meaning in spaghetti but both Google translate and the old trick of going to the wikipedia page and switching the language both confirm that it means autistic. I can't find anything on their website that explains why they chose this as their name though.

I USE AMERICA ONLINE BECAUSE I'M NOT A COMMUNIST

I use GNUMail.

Attached: 2018-10-02-141055_1920x1080_scrot.png (1920x1080, 196.37K)

GNUstep looks good, but I can't stand it's interface.

GNUStep is great in terms of the technology, but there's a shortage of apps that run on Linux.
I personally like the default NeXT theme, but you can theme it to look like anything (themes even change menu-layouts, etc), but again there's a shortage of themes.

There's some people that are trying to improve it and make it more robust and modern, because again NeXT and Apple's foundational technology is really rock-solid and way ahead of what underpins something like QT and GTK.

Attached: theming5.png (1911x1077 311.73 KB, 426.25K)

Windows 9x and 2000 were the best operating system UIs ever made.

mailpile.is/
mail.tutanota.com
seamonkey-project.org/

mailpile.is/
mail.tutanota.com
seamonkey-project.org/

Use the sticky

terminal masterrace client Mutt > the rest

Attached: DSYA4elVoAAh68S.jpg (1200x675, 113.11K)

Yeah, nobody's impressed.
You i3 terminal-only retards are no different from the "macfags" that literally all of you like to make fun of.

t. insecure GUI babby

What's the best Email client for android?

This. Only MacFags and Windows babbies get impressed by terminal programs and """CMD hacking"""

K-9 mail. you can get it from F-Droid. It has integration with open keychain, if you want PGP.

Nice, I thought this thread would be full of Evolution zoomers. Nice to see a good client

Not him, but CLI programs are faster in almost every single respect - faster to load, faster to use. I've personally never used mutt, but I can guarantee you it's faster (and more satisfying) than Thunderbird is, not to mention the bloat. Mutt is ~8mb and Thunderbird is ~150mb.

That's not because it's a GUI program. It's because it was part of the Mozilla suite. It contains an entire Firefox of it's own.

I used to use pine because that's what was on the mail server.
Then I used alpine
Then I went to Thunderbird.
Then I used syplilseed claws.
And for the last long while I've just used web client whether it's (((GMail))) or cocks.
Email isn't really that important to me any more

glib by itself is a C utility library that can be easily used independent of GNOME.
What ubiquitously installed library would you recommend in its stead?

What's that?

Claws is getting long in the tooth, but it works.

Doesn't using your own trigger major companies providers to send your mails automatically into spam folder or worse, preventing the addressee to receive them?

mutt + isync + msmtp master race

plebs

I just use the built in client on Slackware 14.2 (Kmail) and it works great.

Better to just switch the email provider.
Protonmail is jewshit anyways and email was never secure. You don't (or shouldn't) use email for anything private or sensitive/valuable anyways and you can make a different email account for every stupid website account or group of accounts.

oh shit nigger, what are you doing. just use PGP (and not PGP from a shitty broken mail client) instead of some fly by night meme tech

no, it's shit

final media player master race

Attached: iamverysmart.jpg (1973x1080, 89.59K)