Most urgent

Social vigilantes are implanting a politically correct code of conduct in the Linux "dome", which reinforces the deployment of an antimeritocracy, and so some of the core Linux kernel developers are threatening to remove authorization to use their code . This could compromise the internet and Android phones.

All because the vigilantes do not understand that identity politics is an anathema and a uselessness to a community in which you can work completely anonymous.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (540x281, 153.52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lulz.com/linux-devs-threaten-killswitch-coc-controversy-1252/
archive.is/5v6RF
lulz.com
sfconservancy.org/news/2018/sep/26/GPLv2-irrevocability/
sfconservancy.org/sponsors/
archive.4plebs.org/s4s/thread/6510587/
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/178627280/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

lulz.com/linux-devs-threaten-killswitch-coc-controversy-1252/
archive.is/5v6RF

Attached: download.jpg (460x287 8.41 KB, 30.18K)

>lulz.com

Attached: 164828956727524421.jpg (711x752, 97.47K)

you useless nigger of an OP
never post here again
There are already many threads on this.
Use the fucking catalog

...and more

so. whats happening?

install Windows 10 to solve this

It isn't that they don't understand. Do you ever see SJWs bitch about not having enough faggots in construction? No, because they don't actually give a single fuck about what they say they care about. The only things they actually care about are money (remember how Intel-Aviv gave them 300 million during gamergate?) and bringing down White civilizations because they're fucked in the head. So, no, it's you who don't understand, they know perfectly well what they're doing.
A quick glance at their frontpage shows that site is garbage.

More paranoid detached from reality retard shit.

You just still can't get it, can you? The reason why Linux got CoC'd is because the kernel developers and the Linux community let it happen. The community could have prevented this. You still should try to reverse this. If that doesn't work, you should start searching for an alternative for Linux. (ASAP, if you are smart.) Linux won't fall this year or the next. But if this CoC will be allowed to persist, Linux will die slowly from this terminal SJW cancer in the next 5~10 years.

Attached: dont_call_it_grave.jpg (800x500 87.62 KB, 80K)

Wrong. They understand perfectly. I think in the coming months it's going to come to light that most of these people are on Microsoft's payroll. They want the senior devs to pull their code from the project, it's exactly what they're trying to provoke. Once Linux is gone, all the remaining alternative OSs won't have enough weight to convince hardware developers to make commercial hardware that isn't hard-coded for Windows 10 only. It's all according to kikeaku.

That works out fine for Microsoft, but not for Redhat or Google, and they have a much larger investment (and thus power) over it, and they need it to survive, since their businesses are built on it. But that doesn't mean they can't put backdoors and stuff in it, once all those who would resist such things are kicked out. So Linux will survive, but will become a bit closer to Windows. You'll be able to run all those shitty modern games on it, and it will probably get some form of DRM. Then all the plebs will have a difficult time escaping the spying botnet and copyright mafia, because not everyone can just run OpenBSD or something else like that.

And? Microsoft has no problem with killing corporations.

Attached: IBM.png (4464x1944, 50.98K)

Yeah but look at the kernel devs who signed off on the CoC. Some of them work for Redhat or Google, and also Intel. This is a coordinated effort on the part of those multinational corporations, who have made some kind of back-room deal that benefits all of them. Microsoft for example will have less compettition because their customers will be less inclined to jump to Linux if it's not devoid of spying and DRM. Intel won't have to worry as much about top kernel devs making a big fuss about the bugs and backdoors in their chips. Google and Redhat will be able to dominate every other distro, because they'll control the kernel.

Also, Google and Redhat are backed by the defense department and pretty much have unlimited funds. And it's to the advantage of the cianiggers that Linux becomes pozzed.

Guys:

sfconservancy.org/news/2018/sep/26/GPLv2-irrevocability/

Welp, it's ogre

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1379x673, 69.92K)

You'd have to then codify in a court of law who the "owner" of the license is. This statement is so broad that literally anyone modifying the kernel is therefore the owner of the license of the kernel and not someone granted rights under the kernel.

🤔🤔🤔

Also, if this is the case then any individual can re-license their copy of the source without permission from contributors.

It also doesn't retroactively change the estoppel between LF and the developers, nor does it overrule the case law set in the 90s over this very same issue.

See
Once Linux dies, there will be no alternative. Tech monopolies won long before the war began, and Zig Forums is coming to terms with this fact.

tl;dr the jews won.
What the fuck Zig Forums, you actually though you could fight this shit?

They don't even care about the desktop anymore. They know it and Windows is a dead end. They want "cloud" and subscription webapps like Google. Why keep developing Windows Server when they can just take and use Linux like the other big players? Google, Amazon, Facebook, government, etc all run linux on their back end.
CoC isn't a play to kill linux. Its a play to take control over it.
RedHat is basically just a shell company. If you become influential in the Linux community you get hired by one of the above mentioned companies or RedHat. Then your under control. Your much less likely to protest something if it means your job.

Reconfirmed: There is no way around the CoC. There are no viable alternatives so there's nowhere to run. Linux, and FOSS as a whole, is on its last legs. Your only choice will be SaaS apps for the rest of your life.

Doesn't matter either way. See and . Either Linux dies or is controlled. Nobody is going to bother with alternatives.

Speak for yourself please, open source is all about going to/building alternatives if there is some aspect of a program you don't like. The linux kernel is a tough program to find alternatives for, but anyone can fork it and even take patches from upstream. The question is can people discern good code from bad, how much of the kernel code can be viewed as "controlled". Backporting bug/security fixes if a certain old kernel version can be viewed as "good" is an viable option. Linux is linux because people use it, if I made a fork and gained more users which is the real linux? Thinking about linux as a single path might prevent people from realizing the free codes nature.

What is with all this blatant blackpill faggotry?

This whole situation reminds me of firefox quantum, but there is an important difference. Lots of people had issues with a complete overhaul of the well known firefox, not to mention the funding of riseup and sjw shit. Many said forking would be a viable option, but there was the problem of developers. Mozillas devs who will add new specs and fix security issues all went to work on the quantum build. Forking in this situation is difficult because the code fundamentally changed. The patches which paid devs work hard on will only apply to the new version. This time all the pieces are here, the kernel hasn't been fundamentally changed. All that changed was some bullshit gatekeeping on who is allowed to contribute. This means a fork can take the good code that the real devs work hard on as well as allow anyone else to contribute free of any "code of conduct". It can be just as good if not better. Maybe now is the best time to fork and be free of the redhat/microsoft/glowinthedark cartel. We were always free to do so, but now there is a chance of attracting real linux devs/users to the fork.

Seems to be a thing lately.

We could also work on porting drivers to openbsd/netbsd. OpenBSD is pretty comfy but if you aren't on a targeted platform you can expect a good portion of your hardware features to simply not work, and even on targeted platforms you might not get video acceleration. NetBSD is a little better in that regard, but not all platforms get the same attention. For your regular i386 and AMD64 desktops and laptops with intel initigrated graphics, you won't have many problems though.

I'm really wishing i had started learning C a decade ago instead of few months ago and tried the BSDs before this happened. I feel like I've been thrust onto a battle with a weapon i don't know how to use, a battle plan i don't fully understand, and the only thing I'm moderately sure of is which direction i should be facing.

Attached: iknowimustkill.jpg (640x960, 88.06K)

PURE COINCIDENCE, GOY
Is it possible these anons are Blackpill Pajeet from shill farm hired by the same people behind the curtain?

GNU/seL4 when?

Anons anons, it's Google:
sfconservancy.org/sponsors/
Just look (((who))) posted it:

Attached: videoplayback.mp4 (900x900 168.17 KB, 113.15K)

Not quite yet. There's plenty of distros that run without it. Even Ubuntu can be run without it.

Read
Any and all alternatives are fucked by default.

Why do you want to stay on Intel though? If you want to avoid the botnet, Intel has to be abandoned too.
I'm moving to ARM for now, and later whatever comes along that's better. I had already left Linux for OpenBSD some 15 years ago, so none of the recent events (including the systemd shit) affected me, and only proved that I was right to follow my instincts.

Even a fork of linux in the vein of something like ungoogled chromium, where glowing commits are discarded, would make for enough of a viable alternative. I don't really see most of the current devs sacrificing their payroll/careers to protest the coc, but with a working fork distinct enough from the upstream project, there's a better chance the it gets enough attention for developers to bother with the fork.

I was just pointing out that for people on thinkpads and other intel based machines wouldn't have many hardware issues if they migrate. I'm planning on buying a RockPro64 once I'm sure I'm comftorable using OpenBSD as my daily driver. I'm thinking about building it into a C64 style form factor with a Unicomp EnduraPro for maximum clicky and trackpoint, 90 degree riser on the pci-e so it's still usable. Might do something with a small touch screen that would either be hinged, slide out, or a combination of both but I haven't fully worked that out yet, might not if it makes what will be an already bulky design too much worse.

Try to run Ubuntu without SystemD for a couple days, and come back here to report how well it went, retard.

Don't sweat it, the learning curve is such that your first 2 years will teach you much more than the 5 or 10 years after. I have been working with open source for about 12 years now and I learned 90% of what I know in the first 3.

Simple to say so, I was trying to explain that linux is never "gone". Even if devs pulled their code, we can just run and maintain a version before that happened. If trannys fuck up the kernel, we just roll back. If hardware in the future changes to only support windows, we can use the mountain of hardware that we already have. It isn't over until you give up. If history is anything to go by most linux users would view it as a challenge.

They just want to destroy it
It is their primary objective

And the more people talk about these SJWs pushing CoC the more paranoia spreads. No fucking fear, just ignore and continue and remove SJWs from linux

sjws only respond to the true fear of knowing your opponent won't back down
if the threats aren't backed up now they will just continue to grow and fester like the cancer they are
besides if linux is burned down something greater will grow from the ashes

Nice reddit spacing

Nice rebuttal

Ignore and laugh at them
SJWs are willing to do mutual destruction just to make a point and make you lose. They do not fear anything but people mocking them and not taking them seriously.

Whenever someone takes them serious they get a raging boner

Fuck off already.

Nobody gives a fuck about your bullshit OCD tick that you keep trying to force on everyone else.

It's not hurting anyone if I push the enter button.

You can still read this, can't you?

Rebuttal to what? You're just spouting random shit while reddit spacing. I don't even know what you're trying to propose.

The absolute state of cuckchan niggers

Correct

Fuck you, I have been exclusively here and at lainchan since the Exodus. kys

You mean the board that spergs out and bans you for calling people retarded niggers? Did you really think that would help your case? Type like a normal white man does you absolute idiot.

you can both laugh and them and take the ship down with you
you've then realized both their greatest fear and weakness at once
sure if linux can be saved with just laughs that would be great
but i don't think that's the world we live in anymore

I really hope you haven't reproduced.

I'm not sure an unironic lainchan poster has much ground to stand on when it comes to discussions about reproduction.

Are you retarded?

archive.4plebs.org/s4s/thread/6510587/

archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/178627280/

Good job, user. Let's run the cianiggers over!
Watch out for heat though if you're using an enclosed case. That's why I'm going with an open enclosure (and also to leave all the pins accessible).

Attached: CubieTruck.png (1080x1080, 908.26K)

Your reddit spacing isn't what destroyed this shit hole, your presence has. The reddit spacing is just an indicator of your presence. Develop some basic reading comprehension before engaging in online forums.

You don't know me and you aren't saging your shitposts. I don't think I'm the problem here.

Day of the rope soon faggot.