What does brit thinks about Calcutta/Kolkata?

What do you think about Calcutta/Kolkata?

Do you like British Calcutta or Today Calcutta?

Calcutta was second largest city in British Empire in 1900

Attached: images (3)

Attached: clive_street.jpg (280x216, 26.41K)

Attached: images (2).jpeg (739x415, 43.3K)

Governor of West Bengal House

Attached: images (7)

Writers Building

Attached: writers-building-kolkata.jpg (280x180 37.33 KB, 24.19K)

Lal Bazar Calcutta Police headquarters

Attached: images (10)

Alipore Zoo

Attached: images (11)

National Library Alipore

Attached: images (12)

Don't care

Princep Ghat, Strand Road, Calcutta

Attached: images (15)

Howrah Station

Remember Howrah is not part of Calcutta.

Howrah and Kolkata is different city but it is so near from Kolkata as bridges is connected to howrah

Attached: images (18)

Sealdah Railway station

Attached: images (23)

The Tollygunge Club {টালিগঞ্জ ক্লাব}, popularly called Tolly, is a country club in India, located in Tollygunge in south Kolkata.

Sir William Cruikshank established the club as an equestrian sports facility in 1895 to "promote all manner of sports". It is spread over 100 acres (400,000 m2), with a clubhouse that is over 200 years old.

It is biggest club after UK

Attached: images (25)

pretty cool history lad
still I am adverse to foreign cultures and lands
probably stinks of curry
would be 10x better if we wiped out the natives and populated it with anglos like Australia

Pooland

Lol british ruled Indian with the support powerful Indians.

There were sometime Indian in Imperial Civil Service designed the bridge but made by british company .

There were sometime british designed bridge but Indian companies like TATA MADE IT

ONE GOOD THING ONLY IN BRITISH INDIA THAT ALL BRITISH ERA CANAL, DAMS, BRIDGE, RAILWAY BRIDGE AND, RAILWAY ARE MADE IN SO GOOD QUALITY THEY STILL LAST LONG.

WE HAVE SOMETHING ANGLO INDIAN Minority. They did also contribute in Independence India and they didn't want to genoicide.

Beef is legal in my state
I had pork first time in 2017

Curry meat especially is tasty and it will make body warmer in colder countries.

I will make another thread of darjeeling and they able to take Darjeeling with the help of gorkha which british won win war

If they wiped out the natives of India then British wouldn't able to rule it.

They able to rule it with the powerful supporters of native Indians which native American and Aboriginal Australia lacks

Old Calcutta Map and its enviorns too

Attached: CalcuttaEnvirons1924.jpg (800x921 547.57 KB, 207.94K)

Today map

Attached: calcutta-india-map-kolkata-city-map-city-map-of-kolkata-765-x-860-pixels.gif (765x860, 654.43K)

Nice thread, don't worry about the other posters. There's some posters in our regular threads who are learning Hindi, so I'm sure they'll be pleased to see this.

India still follow IPC (Indian Penal Code) since 1862

Kolkata Muncipal Corporation

Came exist in 1870

Attached: images.jpeg (200x200 49.98 KB, 8.46K)

Hogg Market (New Market)

Attached: images (1)

Presidency University established 20 January 1817

Attached: images (1)