Japanese webdesign

ITT we talk about Japanese webdesign. Why everything they design look so elegant and cool tech? I feel like wearing my ki and sipping matcha and painting kanji when I look at them.

For example just look at this website.
shinjuku-chuo.com/
It is a website of Shinjuku central street. It cycles between eigo, nihongo, chugokugo, and kangokugo. Brilliant. I just read it when it is eigo (that means English for those of you who do not know nihongo (Japanese)). It also has a perfect web 2.0 design and cool animations.

Other urls found in this thread:

info-geocities.yahoo.co.jp/p/close/
satania.moe/
twitter.com/textfiles/status/1046669423413669888
geocities.co.jp/AnimeComic-Ink/9090/frame.html
motherfuckingwebsite.com/
neocities.org
yama.ne.jp/recruitment/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It has to be one of the shittiest websites I've even seen.

baka, shine.

japanese webdesign is webm related + 90s webdesign + a shit ton of menus and the occasional google botnet script in the background

Attached: internets.webm (640x360, 8.03M)

Reminder that Japanese Geocities is closing soon and a bunch of simple Japanese websites are going to disappear.
info-geocities.yahoo.co.jp/p/close/

Is ArchiveTeam working on rescuing it?

This, regrettably, is the future of webdesign: satania.moe/

Probably. Hopefully.
twitter.com/textfiles/status/1046669423413669888

wtf it looks like some hackerman defaced that website and added a lot of decor.
feels like it's 2008 again.
it loaded faster than most js trash website I give you that.

most of it were static content

Botnet

isn't that a good thing?

All the loops on the page make it look more Korean than it is Japanese.

Fuck, it's too classic.
geocities.co.jp/AnimeComic-Ink/9090/frame.html
How should I archive some of these sites?

Could be worse, it works without JS and with Tor. And Satania is cute.

motherfuckingwebsite.com/

Even the name is elegant.

Attached: IMG_20181002_083834.jpg (800x1280, 212.95K)

It may be best to port them to neocities.org
This is what people did when Geocities was shutdown outside of Japan.

It uses IPFS internally so even if the owner decides to shut down, anyone can mirror the entire service in 1 command. With guarantees that it's replicated accurately (no link rewriting, etc.).

I miss this era of graphics and design.
In a non derogatory way, it always looked like children attempting their best at art. Throwing elements on a page in whatever order, conflicting graphics and style because that's all they found/had.
Trying to use as many (now esoteric) HTML tags as possible for the same reason.

People went for it. And you can say that the results are good or bad but I will always appreciate the effort made on the then new ground.

Attached: underconstruction.gif (65x65 2.2 KB, 12.6K)

The creators of this masterpiece are recruiting!
yama.ne.jp/recruitment/
Who is going to apply? Nihongo rikai dekimasu ka, mina-san? Hitsuyou rashii desu yo~

i don't think they like it

Attached: Capture.JPG (852x422, 56.5K)

Funny thing is there's a current trend for corporate websites having the plain black-text-on-white-background look. But of course they can't do that without also having tons of javascript, loading a 1080p video of kinetic typography, meaningless stock photos (oooh! but in monochrome), and other stupid shit.

Attached: Screenshot_20181002-180214_Waterfox.jpg (1080x2220, 465.65K)

>

There is literally nothing wrong with this.

Fortunately, most websites these days also aren't even worth archiving

Jap sites suck even harder than Western ones. At least anglo Web2.0 sort of work if you accept the JS pozz. Japnet is so full of clutter that it looks like they tried to purposely make it unusable.

Corporatetards missing the point as usual. MFW is not good because it's black on white. It's black on white because it's trying to show that the default font and colors are good enough if your content is informative and well organized. You don't need heavy JS magic just to show text and pictures, and excessive style won't make up for lack of substance - that's the MFW manifesto. Figures that corporate drones look at it, and conclude "oh, so our shitty page with meaningless filler, buzzspeak and 50 tracking scripts would be perfect if we made it black and white instead of green on purple!"

Who isn't blocking that script in this day and age? At least he made it easy to block by using a well known script instead of hiding it among scripts required to make the page work.

I agree that he's a retarded fag for it though. That site doesn't even have ads. What possible reason does he have to throw the cadillac of user spying on it?

It all comes down to tech illiterate people demanding a "professional website". When I was in high school teachers used to pay me to make a website and update it for them, and basically all I did was steal someone's CSS and added text and links to a page. It impressed them greatly, but I bet they never even looked at the website after the first time they were shown. They didn't care, or even really know why, they just wanted a website. This was kind of understandable at the time, when everyone needed a website to have a presence on the web, but you'd think the silver-lining to social media would be that other websites that actually have a purpose would start trying to avoid the fluff.

Attached: yahoo japan.PNG (977x639, 173.1K)

Because TWO BOMBS WERE NOT ENOUGH, motherfucker.

user, that's just what Yahoo used to look like. It's not Japanese web design. That said, look at nico and pixiv these days for bad nippon modern web design and any nip blogging service for bad vintage-looking web design. The Japanese are just about 10 years behind us in the evolution of websites (in general, not including outliers like the ones mentioned above).

Now that you mention it, I think I'm going to save as many of these as possible.

Attached: mail.gif (72x72 6.23 KB, 5.92K)

We need to bring back spinning skulls and midi renditions of Slayer music.

fuck dude. I'd kill for webpages like that again...
reminds me of the days of being a little kid and typing random URLs with .com added at the end and seeing what would come up.

Those crazy gifs are fine, but I just miss the old HTML 3 websites that didn't assume you're using JS or any kind of browser in particular. You could use Lynx, Mosaic, or whatever you want.

Attached: Cute Website.png (921x646, 162.87K)

Neocities is kind of like that but with invisible youtube embeds that play Slayer midis instead of actual midis :^)

Attached: spookysite.jpg (1366x766, 502.21K)

It's not working right in my Netscape Navigator 3.02.

Learn to read, nigger. I did no such thing, only stating the facts.

Oh, that kind of design. It's good for mobile devices for sure. Many websites look like that now. Most of them use it to conceal their lack of actual content or make a good site hard to navigate. It's nice but I can't eat candy all day, you know

Is that some kind of gookike trick?

Attached: Chinese.jpg (501x585, 93.29K)

Nigger did you miss this thing I wrote?

Forget it. A nigger like you would not understand the wonder of time division multilinguality anyway. That website does not switch to ebonics.

What the fuck is this piece of shit? Did someone like the MS paperclip so much they wanted to add it to their website, but as some kawaii wabit?

Attached: japanese minion.gif (150x150, 376.53K)

nips love their mascots

I think I've finally put my finger on what creeps me out about this waifu shit. The anime character expressions remind me of the parody of femininity you see trannies attempting all the time. That's it, anons. Your waifus are all trannies.

I don't know why, but I misread the word "anons" as "goons".

RIP lil peep

Jesus fucking christ please don't post things like this.

kimochi warui

So you really miss the exploration - the DIY aspect. I do too. But these days, if you attempt that, people tell you (even here) to not "reinvent the wheel" and instead use a ready-made template. Fuck right off!

Attached: gorilla-middle-finger.jpg (470x587, 128.13K)

This is your brain on mental illness.

I can't parse what you're trying to say. Here's some possibilities I've come up with.

Not sure if it's any of these or a combination, so I'll give a general response.

Form your own conclusions on a case by case basis.
Don't let the opinions of others control you, in any way. There's nothing wrong with people disagreeing with you, just because it happens doesn't mean you aren't allowed to speak on subjective topics. In addition, just because people are silent, doesn't mean there aren't others out there that share the opinion.
Regardless, you shouldn't seek external validation or feedback. Your thoughts and opinions should be based on your own perspective and preferences, not the appeal factor of the place you're currently speaking at.
Most importantly, this is a global communication channel. Society is living together despite our differences, it's absurd to think that the entire globe is going to agree on any topic. There's nothing wrong with someone expressing their own opinion in response, or disagreement with yours. Don't take it personally.

In relation to your specific example, you have to remember that different patterns suite different people. I recommend tools I don't personally use, to certain OTHER people, because it's better for THEM. A simple example is something like git on the cli vs some git gui frontend. It's highly subjective and particular.

*I realize the irony in telling someone to think for themselves, but it can't be helped.

img 2

Is it really "creepy" to think that some people indulge in escapism/idealism? People have done that for all of time. The problem is obsession itself, not what is being obsessed over. There's nothing wrong with admiring unrealistic feminine features, there may be something wrong with obsessing over them though. It depends on what you focus on I guess. If you want to line your walls with anime in your own home, I'm okay with that as long as you're a functioning member of society outside of your free time.
It really doesn't seem that different to me than any other form of fiction or visual treat.
I guess there is the difference in terms though, between "cross dresser" and "tranny", the latter (now) carries a connotation of living that fantasy in a way that is pretty crazy.

:^)

Attached: not a girl.png (2345x1944 46.66 KB, 3.66M)

What the fuck are you sperging out about? How did you even get all that from my post?

I can't answer those questions without knowing what you're referencing.

Jap sites are based

dayum, now that DOES look comfy.

This is some Gaia online tier shit

In Japan, even the cybersecurity minister has never used computers!

System error: Japan cybersecurity minister admits he has never used a computer

Why were simplistic static html pages abandoned?

Are you lost? Do you know where you are?

bump

Can't make a whole lot of money out of those.
Nowadays you need a web designer and an artist and a web developer etc. etc. So website design companies approached big companies, big companies took the offer because it looked more 'legitimate' than to have Dave from IT hack something together and nobody ever got fired for going more legitimate. Then retards decided that because big companies were doing it, that meant everyone that wasn't doing it was a Luddite.
Normalfags need to be gassed

thats terrible. took almost a minute before it was loaded

Many Japanese people don't know how to use computer well including the cybersecurity minister of Japan.

It's a shame i-mode failed in the west. It looked swell. Much more swell than WAP, though I'm still fond of that. I bet a lot of jap webdesign tropes are legacy from pre-HTTP/HTML phoneternet, given how ubiquitous that was through the 00's.