Browser general

What's the best browser to be using at the moment?

What's the worst?

Which is pushing poz so hard it's wearing a skirt with a buttplug?

Attached: 55cc0bcfd1f6711ae480d95ae8a9b79aa249d03445f1c9fb705e81c19d4dc23d.png (1150x772, 1.35M)

Other urls found in this thread:

alpha.gnu.org/gnu/gnuzilla/60.2.0/
digdeeper.neocities.org/ghost/browsers.html.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vivaldi_(web_browser)
vivaldi.com/privacy/vivaldi-end-user-license-agreement/
vivaldi.com/privacy/browser/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Qute Browser

I think it's unfair to rank and compare browsers. All browsers are beautiful in their own way because they're made by creative folks who each have a different vision of what a browser should be. Be your own kind of beautiful really does apply when we're talking about software 💅

Attached: <3.jpeg (612x612, 101.23K)

Brave

Ungoogled Chromium

alpha.gnu.org/gnu/gnuzilla/60.2.0/

Opera :)

This right here. Proven to not phone home (check the neocities "Watchdog" website for proofs) and far faster than any other browser, while still having decent add-ons (but, you're not able to download them from the Chrome store). With all the Google spyware ablated, it's also very secure (each tab is sandboxed to a great extent). Make sure you have at least 16 gigabytes of RAM though, and make sure to run it with the following command line arguments:
--disable-gaia-services
--no-experiments
--no-pings
--disk-cache-dir=/tmp
--no-session-id
--disable-reading-from-canvas

Those flags are much appreciated.

this is now a browsette thread

Attached: D18C1665-ED25-4ABA-8005-B3C8832E465E.jpeg (680x680, 70.47K)

You can also use --no-referrers (however, this won't let you post here) and --user-agent='string'

Internet Explorer is underrated.

Attached: 008dbd_6711919.jpg (1200x3300 823.96 KB, 2.76M)

And Firefox is the most pozzed popular browser.

Attached: internet_explorer____2_by_merryweathery-dcm495v.png (800x1647, 964.04K)

I'll probably get shit for this but Safari is actually not that bad. I'm using it on a hackintosh and everything works smoothly. Pages load faster than in Chrome or Firefox. I'm still using Firefox ESR 60 on my Linux machines but I'm going to start playing around with webkit ports a little more.

And since no one here has mentioned it, NetSurf is seriously underrated. It's an independent browser that runs on a lot of obscure platforms like AROS or RISC OS. Even for non-obscure platforms it makes a great lightweight browser for old or really cheap shitboxes that run Linux or BSD.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-10-03 at 1.25.47 AM.png (1133x781, 413.82K)

Year of the RISC OS desktop soon? It's honestly much better than Linux and BSD since its designed for PC and not server use.

Attached: Riscosavi.png (200x200, 67.79K)

Literally never because normalfags and even reddit-tier tech enthusiasts will never be able to appreciate the simplicity of the system.

Their called -tans you fucking underage
You must be 18+ to post on this site.

I currently browse several dumpsters near my local Walmart.

You suggesting I should've said Browstan? Yeah, that totally doesn't sound retarded. Sounds like some shithole Muslim central Asian republic.

this

Why? You just made yourself unique.

Does spoofing your user-agent to:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/68.0.3440.106 Safari/537.36
Really make make your browser unique?

Reading these comics made me feel so sad...
I'm so lonely...

It's browser-tan, you fucking bitch.

Or don't, because that site is wikipedia-tier: no original research, only lazy citations from random blogposts.

Testing it yourself would get you the same conclusion. Hell, if you're a firefox user, type "about:networking"--you'll see requests to mozilla even if you have telemetry disabled.

My article about this: digdeeper.neocities.org/ghost/browsers.html. Note: the IceCat section is outdated - the new version has removed all spyware.

It is full of original research - all the mitmproxy tests that no one else is doing.

With a user.js you can get rid of that.

Palemoon.

I just use Chrome, it works, its interface isn't autistic, it's fast, its not buggy, it would unironically be the best browser hands down if not for muh botnet

Attached: e45.jpg (633x758, 56.27K)

for banking / shopping
for everything else

The best official ones that are full-feature and aren't still alpha are IceCat, IceCatMobile, KDE Falkon, and Dooble.

Sage because OP is a faggot as usual.

Attached: d458304b05a2d87aaa9f4d5d94aac879ec4ff7adf3104ccb22396627e36d0b64.jpg (934x1080, 62.82K)

Which browser supports uMatrix and lets me replace JS with my custom scripts and CSS with my custom themes?

I've been stuck with Palemoon and outdated plugins forever since it's the only configuration that does it properly. New greasemonkey as far as I remember doesn't let you use local scripts anymore, new version of Stylish is botnet, and Stylus is a naive stylesheet implementation that conflicts with uMatrix (can't add styles if you block the website's own style).

Attached: cfwm3q9b.jpg (1280x720, 130.51K)

Vivaldi is pretty alright. They supposedly de-googled chrome and added their own spin to it. I've been daily-driving it for about three or four months now (after using nothing but ff since like 04 or 05) and while it took a little while to grow on me, I'm used to it now and I like it.

Does it have its own element picker like in ublock origin? Is it possible to have a custom css for sites?

I'm baffled no one's said Tor browser.

Is there one of these where chrome-tan is an exhibitionist slut who likes to show everything to everyone, and then coerces firefox-tan into doing it too?

My dick is so hard right now just thinking about this.

Attached: 7fc2f2ffd52bf57c02222450a86335e946f82940a9294ce397733e2a794bd2ad.gif (367x265, 549.46K)

best: w3m
worst: safari

Yes. It rocks because it runs without X. It always messes up my keyboard layout in framebuffer mode though. That's why I prefer w3m.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vivaldi_(web_browser)
>vivaldi.com/privacy/vivaldi-end-user-license-agreement/
>vivaldi.com/privacy/browser/

Palemoon

Chrome

lol

Just a tip user. KJV bibles are quite cheap. It can cure some of your mental illness.

It doesn't have an element picker. Tbh, it is a shame; it's one of the things sorely missing, since the host-file adblocking doesn't stop 100% of them. However, it does have settings for custom stylesheets, you can apply them per-site and even with a keybind.