^_^

Attached: FVWM.png (64x52, 1.57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

xwinman.org/fvwm.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

^_^

It's a Fucking Virtual Window Manager. °_°

They even put someone's anime rice on the screenshots page

Attached: screenshot.png (1366x768, 1.14M)

Comfy!

It ain't Motif though, redditor.

why would you use this over i3?

That is absolutely the motif toolkit or a direct descendent or fork of it, nigger.

Because tiling WMs are for autists

Next you'll say icewm is a DE as well

I wasn't saying that. Read it again, you retard

I mean, you're calling me a retard but you're saying dumb shit like that.

Faggot

Attached: UWU.png (906x822, 118.67K)

I am certain this very important issue affects the quality of the software.

Attached: 20181008_064113.png (500x499, 443.95K)

affects it positively or negatively?

Nigger

2edgy5me

I don't see any Motif widgets in that screenshot. If you're talking about the window borders, yeah they're inspired by Motif (which itself was allegedly inspired by Windows 3). The old FVWM 1.x (pic-related) had the same kind of window decorations, and this was before the Lesstif project existed (back when you actually had to pay for Motif). Here's some more old screenshots:
xwinman.org/fvwm.php

Attached: sd.gif (1018x906, 44.5K)

:^) would have been cooler

I wanted to use it at some point, but configuring it would be too much work so I didn't bother. That's the issue with software that is this configurable and doesn't have defaults, you might as well use the time that it would take to configure it from scratch to make your own window manager. I would rather do that. Way too lazy to make this amount of effort to figure out something that someone else made when that defeats the whole point of using someone else's software, especially considering that there are one or two window managers out there that are adequate and require pretty much no effort (though most window managers are unusable for one reason or another). It's cool as hell, probably the coolest window manager ever, and when configured properly it should be the perfect, but just looking at the amount of information that I would have to go through to make it work makes my head almost explode.

FVWM can look like absolutely anything. Being able to turn it into whatever you want is the whole point. It looks and works completely differently depending on the user's preferences. The default configuration is intentionally shit, so no one would ever use that.