OPEN SOURCE FURNITURE

Alright anons, redpill me on CNC furniture. Turns out the local college lets you commission products for free if you're a student, and that's what I am. I wanted to make one of these, but I'm not sure if I want my house to look like a wework.

opendesk.cc

Anyone got any recommendations on open-source furniture?

Attached: opendesk_furniture_linnea-bookshelf_product-page_gallery-image-Shot4-2239_v01_edit.default.jpg (1936x1089, 226.11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pvcfittingsonline.com/by-application/pvc-furniture-fittings.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Holy shit what a ripoff. Just get a nice woodworking book and diy it or go to ikea. The amount of apple devices on product photos tells me to avoid this, as the creators are very likely to be massive fags.

Attached: macfags.jpg (1162x682 48.83 KB, 70.09K)

try to get some used wood furniture, people throw it out and replace it with folded paper and glue from ikea

Why the fuck would you need this?
It's easy to figure out how a table has been built. It's relatively easy to make your own with the help of a trillion different woodworking books.
Who needs a blueprint to tell him to put 4 logs under a plank, ffs

Just take a fucking panel of wood and put four legs on it.

I'm asking for CNC enthusiasts

if you have a cnc macine you probably also have the know how to make similar looking desks in a not very long amount of time. in high school I made furniture on a CNC machine it's not that hard. do you need a blueprint for your computer case? Do you need a blueprint for your keyboard? No you dont die you stupid nigger

I don't know for you, but it's easy for me to go and buy wood panel, various material and even rent some machinery to build what I want.
Also
People don't know how to draw or plan construction now? Wew

There's some on thingiverse using PVC pipes for structural support with 3d printed parts to join them. I was thinking of making a papasan style chair this way.

They have a group called CNC furniture but there's not much in it. You're probably better off looking around on places that try out laser cut wood joints.

Attached: printerframe_preview_featured.JPG (628x472, 269.54K)

(((Open)))
this

Anything 'open' and 'apple' - avoid them. They probably used Kevin Macleod music on their promotional vid.

That looks like shit. What do you have against real wood? Just buy some cheap used furniture. There should be tons of good shit out there, considering that people nowadays hate quality.

Attached: 75143.jpg (900x526, 313.5K)

Do you want me to tell you the quadcopter story?

You mean like a fucking elbow joint or some shit?
Jeeze I hate using the f-word but this is so stupid I'm literally shaking right now.

Attached: download.jpeg (1000x1000, 26.73K)

Can't change the angles on those premade elbow or tee joints to make complex shapes and the fitting in the picture I posted isn't available commercially. His double tube design makes installing acrylic panels or sliding doors very easy.

You do realize that PVC bends easily when heated right? Electricians do it all the time for conduit. Plumbers too.

And the higher quality stuff bends better.

HOW COMPLEX DO YOU NEED????? ITS FURNITURE MADE OUT OF
PVC PIPES
FOR GODS SAKES!!!!
>>985020
IS RIGHT!!!! LISTEN TO HIM
FOR SOME REASON YOU HAVE ALL THIS TIME AND MONEY TO SPEND ON
PIPE FURNITURE
BUT YOU CANT FIGURE OUT HOW TO BEND PVC!
USE YOUR DAMN BRAIN!

The papasan chair I'm thinking of making out of PVC pipe would have an octagonal antiprism for a base combined with bent PVC pipe to make the circular frame.

Caps Lock won't change the fact that you're wrong about this. Typical PVC fittings are 90 or 60 degrees so if you want anything exotic you have to 3d print one yourself. And there are situations where you wouldn't want to bend the pipe either for practical or aesthetic reasons.

Attached: Octagonal_antiprism.png (1000x1000, 201.88K)

Attached: f10bbd2a02b31f7330cf2dcd5029d19dff6e864909d64bef9651953b0cd60762.gif (703x800, 25.31K)

Is this satire?

The idea itself is so ghetto that making it not look like shit would be a decent accomplishment.

It doesn't even look good. It represents perfectly just how bland and tasteless everything is nowadays. Electronics are like that as well. It seems like paying a shitload of money for something that even a poor person wouldn't want in the past is the current trend. The smart thing to do is to go against that and buy old furniture that some idiot doesn't want for some reason. Even if it's not in perfect shape, it's not that hard to restore.

If you don't care whether or not your furniture looks bland or like shit, fuck wood, just use plastic instead. I have dirt cheap plastic shelves that cost me less than 5 bucks each. They are light as hell, easy to disassemble and have been doing the job perfectly well for years. Especially great to have if you move a lot for some reason. Plastic tables should be fine too if you don't give a shit about aesthetics. A lot more convenient than real furniture, that's for sure.

Seems like a cheap way to build customized furniture especially if you can get a source of scrap cutoff pieces. And the text can be easily removed in seconds with acetone.
For actual plumbing maybe. For structural strength you could join them drilling a countersunk hole to be filled with a two part 3d printed pin using a nut and bolt, makes a strong connection that's easy to assemble and disassemble.
It's the overall shape that's important in this case so with a decent cheap covering that's easy to remove and clean or replace nobody would know it's built out of PVC pipe.

If using PVC to make furniture wasn't a good idea there wouldn't be thousands of examples out there and fittings designed specifically for it.
pvcfittingsonline.com/by-application/pvc-furniture-fittings.html

Attached: F11603.jpg (400x198, 4.53K)

That furniture is hideous. It looks cheap and tacky.
"Minimalism" doesn't mean "cheap-looking shit that can barely support 20 Kg without wobbling around."
I see the same thing with IKEA shit and I always wonder: why is it so popular? Yes, it's cheaper, but a lot of people that can afford other stuff still buy their shit.

Attached: 0ba.jpg (960x960, 31.68K)

JUST GNO!

It's meant for long rolls of paper. The white balance on that picture is completely off to make it look cleaner.

Attached: rolls of paper.png (487x925, 229.04K)

Here's the whole image corrected.

Attached: corrected.jpg (1884x806, 314.01K)

Nigger, do you know what the average look of "scrap cutoff pieces" is? It's usually yellowed from sun exposure and scratched from dirt exposure. It doesn't look good enough for your shitty furniture.
>wants to use fucking 3d printed nuts and bolts
Plastic threads are usually shitty quality and low strength compared to metal, even when they're designed and manufactured properly. Faggots like you who 3d-print threaded fasteners get what they deserve.
It isn't. Prove me wrong and post pics if you want to change my mind.

The 3d printed part of the pin would be using a metal nut and bolt embedded inside the 3d part. It's a common practice so I may not have explained it well.

And I'd rather talk about open source furniture using common materials than waste my time trying to change your mind. You can do a search for PVC pipe on instructables to see hundreds of projects that use it.

sounds like hipster bullshit to me. why would you want some shitty piece of literal trash made of dirty plastic tubes instead of a nice wooden desk that you can also build yourself?
lel

What the fuck do you think you're doing? THe white balance wasn't off at all - all you did was adjust the saturation and contrast to make the table a completely different colour

CNC furniture is child-level designs that is only suitable for pine wood--that is cheap and shitty and not very durable over the long-term.
If you do this, just use cheap pine wood and be happy if it lasts 5 years.

Assuming you are doing CNC furniture and using pine,,,,,, for the desktop, you could use oak-veneered plywood if you wanted a nicer-than-normal desktop. Using plain pine boards for a table-top will dent and scratch really easily. Or another way I've seen is that you can use floor tiles for the desktop as well--tougher stuff like pergo.

If you want to build furniture that is durable, then you need to use hardwood. No pine or poplar.
And hardwood furniture must be designed with humidity expansion and contraction in mind, or else the furniture will crack and split.
Overall it is much stronger and more durable--but it does cost more to build, and is more trouble.

it's called plywood, fucking hipsters.
Just goto shop class like a white person.