Why are you not using Kit yet?

Why are you not using Kit yet?

github.com/kitlang/kit

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (384x128, 28.41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nim-lang.org/
8ch.net/hgg/res/263233.html
nim-lang.org/docs/manual.html#implementation-specific-pragmas-compile-pragma)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

dunno, try explaining it first.
Faggot.

CONFIRMED GARBAGE

>>>/v/

A compiler that isn't self hosting isn't finished.

Maybe that's why the language is advertised as pre-alpha
🤔

Also, that's retarded anyway. Is awk self-hosting? Python isn't self-hosting (though it could be). JS definitely isn't.

Just proving his point user...

Python is not an interpreter, it's a language. Same thing for awk.

'cept python is shit and awk actually has a use

what does this even mean?
Turing complete?

But C library is broken and ugly you can build a decent language on the top of that crap.

Well, at least it's not YALF (Yet Another LLVM Frontend), like most of the Xs in Zig Forums "Why aren't you using X?" threads.

Kit isn't an interpreter, it's a language.

Nim is better and will hit 1.0 next year.
nim-lang.org/

This better be bait.

You do realize these languages don't officially use a compiler.

And with that I mean ahead of time compilers.
Python uses an interpreter and JS takes advantage of advanced JIT shit.

lurk for a minimum of 2 years

You don't mean lurk on Zig Forums, right? The only thing he'd learn lurking here is that this board is mostly Zig Forums shit and maybe 10 lines of code a week. He would learn maybe 90% of this board can't code for shit, or can't tell the difference between an interpreted language and an interpreter. He'd learn that everything is pwned and he should just use win10. He'd learn 1000 different ways to describe a project getting a CoC as cucked. But he wouldn't learn anything technical.

If you want to learn what a self-hosting language is, go to HN, lobste.rs, or even lainchain. But not here, not Zig Forums. The shitty moderation turned this board into a marginally more cringeworthy /g/.

implication: he should not lurk for two years. He should open his mouth and ask questions, and talk about what he knows, and replies like 'lurk for 2 years' should be reserved for when that's actually good advice.

it means that a preferred implementation of the language exists that is written in the language itself. Contrast, awk, a language that is written in C and that you would never even think of writing in awk itself because awk is a narrow utility language that just isn't suitable for implementing languages.
Or hell, SQL. You can do a whole lot in SQL but you would never implement SQL itself with it.

Could you fuck off to where you came? India.

lol

that could be typechecked.

>

stop these fucking pedos they put pedo shit in their game
8ch.net/hgg/res/263233.html

There's literally nothing wrong with that. That said, fuck off.

are you sure? Zig can literally do that at compile-time. the "%s%s" is right there in the source where the compiler can see it. If you require that printf's first argument be knowable at compile-time, and can run other code at compile-time, then you can do better.

But this is Kit. Also I just realized that the printf function from the sample isn't a Kit function, but imported from stdio.h. Hello memory unsafety if you pass the wrong shit. Nice "type system" you got there.

Are you choosing to be stupid?

explain or kys yourself

that's why.

>complaining about optional GC
LARP harder.

This, I've been using nim quite a lot lately and it has actually been enjoyable. I haven't enjoyed programming this much since I used C, but now I can actually make things in less than a week. It has some problems for sure, the worst of which I've found to be the python-style clutter issue due to indentation-style scope rules, but offers c-style includes which let you break up a large file if you want. Nimble kinda sucks but nake was good enough that I stopped working on my own build system to use it.

Nim offers multiple options for garbage collection along with the option to completely disable it. I will admit I haven't tested turning it off but I am pretty sure that it would still be easier to use without than D would. On top of this you can just compile C code into your project (see nim-lang.org/docs/manual.html#implementation-specific-pragmas-compile-pragma) which will let you fully control memory usage. It will simply be built by the nim compiler, or you can just build a lib and include it. You have to write a little bit of wrapper code admittedly, but there are even tools to automate this.

Strings doesn't work with --gc:none at the moment, so shut your trap. If they really manage to make it GC less (with the stdlib not suffering a bit), I'll consider it. A GCC frontend would make it way more interesting, though.

Look user the D(ick) language said the same thing. Turns out if you design a language where almost all the code assumes GC it is fucked when you turn it off.

Real men write their own string handling. Yeah I agree they really need to sort out their stdlib so it doesn't rely on GC. Seems short sighted to me.

Wew~

Newfags.