Lol@macfags

>>>/general/9856

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (414x532 924.53 KB, 438.34K)

I will never understand the appeal. The screens are good...that's it. The ecosystem is pathetic, everything is exorbitantly priced (they're just getting started... just wait until the tariffs hit them harder) and totally locked down.

and yet it's not even idiot proof
crapple is a fucking joke lol

Stop posting your miserable threads faggot

u mad you deleted all your data

MacOS >>>>>>>>> Windows

What exactly is locked down?

How ironic.

Not the flamboyant faggot OP, but calling Mac OSX a distro of BSD is a thing BSDfags do to make their OS seem more relevant. OSX is hardly BSD, its a hybrid kernel consisting of Mach/XNU with some BSD-forked kernel features tacked on. It would be like calling Windows BSD for its use of BSD TCP/IP stack

The difference is that I see why people use Windows, but there's no real reason to use MacOS.

Attached: fad0ac4a8cc12cdee1ab5e0554813f20d971c228df3047a71fa4ab3c04557df8.jpg (320x320, 22.15K)

MacOS is kind of the middle ground between Linux and Windows. It's very similar to the popular/easy to use distros/desktop environments but the DE is more optimized and you actually get support from big corps, which is unfortunately still vital for many professions.
As much as some wish it to be the case, GIMP simply isn't a replacement for Photoshop and Adobe's most promising competitor (Affinity by Serif) also only offers Windows and MacOS versions. The same situation applies to other fields, such as 3D or audio.
Windows, on the other hand, is just a terrible experience all around and only good for video games.

I've been on chans for a decade so you'll have to go home without me

That might be true before Lion and (((appstore))), now it's a shitshow, UI looks like android knockoff, artificially slow down older macs for no good reason. Hardware is also shit, if you install any other os on it trackpad turned to shit, battery life shorten, entire palm rest becomes heatsink, basically every benefits you have instantly disappear. Even back then I thought the Appleā„¢ certified ram is very Jewy thing to do, now is even worse.

If you want status symbol jut get a real job and buy jewelry or better cars, women choose their mate based on money not tin made laptop.

If you want to do design work or video editing just get workstation class dell or hp, even some chinkbook huawei/xiaomi are better.
>>BBBut muh OSX
Half if not all major proprietary software (e.g. adobe bloatware) have their windows counter parts
Proprietary software are botnet and they're moving to SaaS cancer anyway.

At least with these laptops you can easily boot into external ssd installed with GNU/systemD for slightly more secure OS so you can do banking and wrongthink business with.

Totally agreed!!! XD You see those Ganuh slash lunix DE trying to copy OSX? That never happened in my mind.

And mac os is just terrible experience all around and good for nothing.

t. Ex-iMac, Macbook Pro owner (and both are dead within 5 years)

The main UI is virtually unchanged since 10.4 or so. The sole UI element that even resembles Android is Launchpad, which is completely optional.
Same goes for the App Store. It is exactly like the Windows Store or "Software" on Fedora and whatever the other equivalents are on Ubuntu and such. You are still free to install any applications you get online or install brew and get them through the terminal just like with apt-get.

Yes, chans, because Zig Forums hasn't been around for a decade.

You got baited, OP.

They're called imageboards, newfag.

Chans are a subset of imageboards, I started calling them chans since the first exodus here in the context of the two chans, i.e. half- and fullchan.

My employer blocked access to boot options on my mid-2014 MacBookPro. Any ideas how I can remove it and install gentoo on it? Another question is: how can I wipe the entire disk, beyond rm -rf /

srsly. Who here besides a few fags even post images? What makes this a fucking image board? A booru is an imageboard.

The ability to post images to the board itself is what makes it an imageboard, in contrast to text boards, or even most every other forum, where you can at most embed an image hosted on another site. Be grateful that you're probably too young to have had to deal with image hosting sites if you don't understand what makes an imageboard an imageboard.

No wonder post quality on Zig Forums is in the shitter with underage faggots like these around.