Guess who's back? Linus' back. Tell a friend

Attached: Screenshot_20181022-112709.png (2560x1440, 453.15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/OMq40
github.com/opal/opal/issues/941
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defeatism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_sense
lkml.org/lkml/2018/10/22/184
openbsd.org/arm64.html
wiki.NetBSD.org/ports/evbarm/raspberry_pi/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

b-but muh CoC...

He was trolling us the entire time, the absolute madlad

Then show me his body from the last few weeks and prove the photo/video wasn't computer generated.

I've been saying this from the beginning: he mist be tired of development. Development is hell, nobody likes it. There's a reason everyone quits development once they make it big.
Hell, even Stallman quit development a long time ago!
This all came right after Linus tried to avoid a big convention of sorts after weeks of excruciating work to make the first 4.19 release candidate on time. Dude must've been overworked.
I wouldn't be surprised if he takes more time off to learn how to "be more sensitive" or some personal bullshit excuse.

>dumb phoneposter being this dumb by not posting archive links
archive.is/OMq40

Lel

Attached: 9a53a435d8d306fb0495e567ab38e5ec6073ddce9761f1b4754ab926325c28dd.png (440x510, 21.53K)

see? Worrying about CoCs is silly.

Why the fuck was anyone concerned about Greg KH in the first place?
He's literally the maintainer of every single long term kernel.

You expected the takeover to be immediate, you fool?

The CoC was not removed; you have no idea what's going on, normalfaggot.

ABSOLUTE STATE OF Zig Forums

Attached: b51f7377252407a68bb09fa34034400fcf68d0eee80d40957068a25e1d73d779_1.jpg (748x820, 69.35K)

This is important to keep.
CoC means nothing. Disregarding those who want to point to it, is.

If you jaywalk on an empty road and some cop comes by to fine you for it.
Who *really* is the faggot there?

The cop. Jaywalking is against the law, it's literally illegal, but humanity is a thing, sensibleness is still a thing.

Deride those who point to the CoC, it means nothing if nobody adheres to it.

The CoC user need to be utterly stigmatized and derided. That is the only way to remove the chains.

There is no takeover. This is the first of the countless evidence that there is no takeover over Linux as a consequence of adopting a CoC.

This, linux is already a tight nit group of autists.
If they didn't care about the previous CoC they most definitly won't care about this one.

Attached: 0db40fa826310d8e999fb1323dbaf550a6240e8cc20ebd98d11b92eebb132b10.jpg (374x588, 62.97K)

From the start I theorized that one of the (if not the only) reasons he left was to see what will happen.
We all were just part of the e x p e r i m e n t.

github.com/opal/opal/issues/941

Where do you live?

The law of jaywalking was literally invented in America.

DON'T LISTEN TO BAD GOYS

Attached: basically dehumanization.PNG (782x209, 20.25K)

ITS GOOD, IT PROTECTS MY MENTAL HEALTH

Attached: OSS mental health.PNG (785x145, 11.3K)

FAKE NEWS, not clicking, not reading. There's no takeover, THERE'S NO TAKEOVER.

Don't worry, as said, the stalwart Linux maintainers will put their foot down and prevent CoC from being enforced. They're keeping it around to shame it! Duh, 4D chess by Linus.

Attached: defender of freedom.PNG (860x693, 283.16K)

They have no mental health and the CoC remains limp.

Thank you for correcting the record.

Attached: CTR.mp4 (1280x720, 1.15M)

Thank you for correcting the discount.

Linus doesn't have the fortitude of the Opal container, I think that's been made clear

Attached: orbiter.PNG (782x209 10.3 KB, 20.25K)

maintainer*

That clarifies nothing. You say that making an apology for your own behavior means you have weak mental fortitude? That's stupid.

He apologized not for doing anything wrong, but because of social pressure. Look at the Opal thread, look at how people use a CoC to shoehorn emotions into what should be a dry, logical endeavor.

His wrong doing was his abusive demeanor in his public and serious setting, that's what he was apologizing for! It's quite possible to have a firm disagreements about direction and implementation without resorting to abusive language. In the Opal thread, one developer was kicked out for holding a politically dissenting opinion while publicly associating with Opal. You say that this means the SJW have taken over Opal. I disagree. You can hold your political opinions without associating them with your public projects.

Kubernetes Community’s Code of Conduct Leads to Engineer Being Removed From Team

Attached: gtfo shitlord.PNG (943x567 29.24 KB, 90.3K)

Are you pre- or post-op?

People like you are the reason why we have laws that aren't yet removed.

RMS focused his attention on spreading free/libre software instead of opensource, he knew that open source was going to be trouble and again he was right.
Or have family problems.

This.

By that logic cocs aren't necessary and removing them should have no consequence....

The precedent one wasn't a code of conduct. It was just saying, be excellent to each other.

And ? If is ""experiment"" was to see if the community would reject the coc then we failed.

This is false and true since it's going to depend on your jurisdiction.
But note that even if not legal binding people are dumb has hell when it comes to whats legal or not. The cocs are just their to legitimize unethical actions.

Proof please.

And people judged without proof again.

Fucking based wall of truth BTFO autists. Leftie kikes win again sadly.

That is exactly what a CoC is, you fucking sperg.

Exactly.
Just like exterminating all jews would have no negative concequences, at least for humans.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defeatism
Those who lack the capacity to achieve much in an atmosphere of freedom will clamor for power.
--Eric Hoffer
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_sense

Attached: shock!.gif (360x210, 725.21K)

I'm declining your EBT card.

I fucking love watching you Zig Forums nazis squirm. Coraline won, you lost. Now get over it and get back to your basement where you belong. 😋

tbh under a CoC holding up the line would in itself be considered rude.

t. NPC extends faggot

Attached: 454845.jpeg (760x398, 74.63K)

Either bait either you have really low standards to be happy.

I am glad Linus is back. I am sure 1st order of business will be to delete the CoC. All is well.

Attached: bother someone else.png (267x300, 115.65K)

What he should use then? iOS?

Which, North or South?

Like? Germany?

Are you seriously asking what other smartphone OSes are viable, and not to off himself for being a spic who mobile posts?

you think?

and is 10/10 laughterbating, then the thread returns to normal Zig Forums standard. Boring.

So Zig Forums was right and Linux is dead?

Attached: 1539589737248.jpg (900x820, 139.26K)

its called jaywalking for a reason. if there was nothing to it, it would just be walking.

You must be lost faggot

Linux isn't dead, and will not die. It's too important commercially for that.

Linux is transitioning into a beautiful trans*kernal

Drupal developer fired for rumored BDSM lifestyle; CoC cited by manager

Attached: private beliefs public consequences.PNG (679x438 43.06 KB, 75.53K)

Code of conducts aren't contracts.
And even then, it only applies to the linux mailing list, you can still contribute without being a huge faggot. If you were using the mailinglist anyway you were probably a faggot to begin with..
Opensource software in nature has a left leaning stance to it, because opensource has the makings of corpretism now.

I fucking find it beyond retarded that there are faggots complaining about the fucking CoC.
BUT NOT THE VERRY REAL AND EVER PRESENT AMOUNT OF BINARY BLOBS IN THE FUCKING KERNEL, OR THE FUCKING FACT THE LINUX FOUNDATION HAS MICROSOFT AS ONE OF IT'S TOP DONATORS
Are you all stupid?

If linux has survived the fucking linux foundation, then it'll surely survive something much smaller like a fucking pathetic guidelines basis that hardly anyone who contributes cares about.
You're all faggots for not using linux-libre anyway.
But what ever, you probably didn't care about freesoftware in the first place.
Seeing as you've willingly moved to an operating system that is more or less the same as linux in terms of cucking to corperations.

Attached: 1539789187.jpg (501x500, 25.1K)

Faggots are the ones who pushed for it. An actual tranny.

Leave it to the animeposter to be a grand arbiter. The freetard pathological obsession with Microsoft is retarded--yes, they're a vile, perfidious company. But compared to Apple? Amazon? Google? They're far less opprobrious. You freetards mewling are doing nothing but keeping the '90s alive.

It was a single case, you'd faggots should've seen the warning before, like the fact that linus has openly admitted to putting in cianigger backdoors into the kernel.

Oh, BUT NOW YOU'RE LISTENING? And it's over some shitty wordpress document that some faggot threw together and not the actual fucking shit that is being pushed into the kernel itself?
Jesus, your all fucking hopeless.
It's like larping about bullshit is all you ever do.
At this point, there is no lower depths that linux can actually go, they've already hit all the high marks way before this shit happened.
You think they'd openingly throw this shit out here if that wasn't the case?
subversion is a slow and often overlooked process, linux by what your standards has well and already been subverted for much longer than this bullshit.

If your not a retard, use linux-libre.
But if you are, your probably not going to notice anything change after this point.
Because you were already using the proprietary version to begin with.

Attached: 1539802188.png (500x410, 133.97K)

Get up against the wall with the rest of them, Shirley.

Attached: CoC threat.png (792x2129, 146.71K)

Once again the freetard is detached from reality. You really strike me as a kooky schizoid NEET. When is the last time you worked on/were paid for software development? Did your mother have to come and give you your anime figures to calm you down, because you weren't allowed to use "libre" software?
And this uses everything from the actual linux kernel + there are less eyes on it... looking forward to your next screed-like post.

Project maintainers still hold their own rights to the codebase that they're opensourcing.
So honestly they can already boot people from a project without needing a CoC.
A CoC is nothing but worthless virtue signaling, it does nothing and if a project actually adapts one it only means they were pozzed from the start.

If you really, honestly wanted your pure and free ideologies kept, you'd use fucking public domain and would be written your own compiler.
So, if your really freaked out about project maintainers having different opinions while also contributing nothing, install templeos.
It's perfect and honestly should be the Zig Forumslarper operating system of choice.

Attached: gno.jpg (683x448, 29.43K)

fun fact: most jobs would fire you anyway for insebordination if you went out yelling "HITLER DID NOTHING WRONG" during work hours.

White identity politics are retarded (Hitler killed his own people, Nazi Germany was flawed Keynesian economics, Germans are "subhuman" when compared to the accomplishments of swarthy Mediterraneans, etc... they are right about Jews though), but conservatives getting fired from their jobs and spat on in the streets because of their private lives is wrong. People were allowed to comment on politics in most other pencil pusher environments until the late 2000s, and now only liberals are allowed to set the discourse (and, of course, they've set it to what makes them feel good).

Reminder: that mainline linux doesn't take anonymous contributions, they treat it like a buisness and because they treat it like a buisness you get a buisness CoCk.

And they will continue to do so for all eternity. Nobody will push back pr protest. Once again:
They won.

So you are confirming you live in a country that denies the Holocaust, and you are not worried about a developer implementing something unnecessary to kernel development since throughout his history of development he has used a language to separate the chaff from the troff?
I mean, live in a pussified country all you like, but not find it odd that a family man like Linus changed of heart and policy for a world renowned kernel is not "nothing."

Attached: linustorvalds770x57.jpg (770x578, 31.44K)

Tbph, Drupal deserved that

cunt
post the link too

lkml.org/lkml/2018/10/22/184
archive.is/OMq40

Thank You.

Attached: fellow techies.jpg (900x720, 87.71K)

Doesn't matter.
With the CoC among other jewish lies and tricks, i will slowly transition into NetBSD
Last good GNU/Linux is 4.18.8 and that's the one i will be using for the next months until i fully migrate to NetBSD .
I recommend doing the same thing.
Will try forking and compiling the kernel but might be too much effort when there's a better solution.

Attached: i_want_to_believe_reversed___.jpg (600x600, 129.77K)

That'd be a first in history.

Attached: preach_linux.jpg (500x663, 53.84K)

Literally 99% of the West is SJW now. Just check Twitter. We are losing this war and we as a community need to accept that.

SJWs are suicidal, they can't win. The only question is whether we win or if the kike puppets (mudshits) do. Either way SJWs lose.
It's far less than that. Most people just go along with whatever they think the majority expects of them, they don't really believe in 64 genders.

Of course they won't now. They are too worried about fallout. Give it a year or two when the outrage has simmered down and then come back.

Also...wow. Look how many faggots pop out of the woodwork to convince us all it's "okay now" and "we're losing". It's almost like there is an agenda at play or something. Nah. I'll go back to sleep now....

Publicly roasting idiots is not bad behavior. It's good and necessary.

This is our basement, we're right where we belong.
IT IS YOU THE MUST GET OUT!
👿

Why not OpenBSD /b/rother?

leftists self-cannibalize.It's impossible for them to succeed because nothing is ever far enough.

Not that guy, but made the same decision.
Because it runs on every device in my house (except Raspberry Pi 3 IIRC), so I do not have any incompatibility problems when moving things around.

I didn't know linux community is such ideological cuck, I always thought majority of them just use linux because it's free and better code quality than windows, but recent years, after systemD takeover and CoC infiltration, it's pretty clear that these people are using linux out of ideological reason and will continue to shill for it no matter how bad things will become. This cult mentality is going to be it's downfall.

Those In bed with the alphabet turned it into this.

once again, reverse engineers are proven right

Never trust anything you didn't make or check yourself.

Attached: SNOOPING AS USUAL I SEE.mp4 (540x360, 143.24K)

OpenBSD works on RPi3, according to this:
openbsd.org/arm64.html
Can't tell if it supports stuff like audio though. The NetBSD page is more detailed:
wiki.NetBSD.org/ports/evbarm/raspberry_pi/
In any case, there's reasons for someone to run NetBSD instead. For example, on 32-bit ARM there's no SMP in OpenBSD. I saw some preliminary stuff for that in their CVS, so maybe one day it will work.
Another thing is OpenBSD hasn't got any "Web 2.0" browser for ARM. Well I'm looking at the 6.3 packages, because they don't have the 6.4 ones ready yet. But NetBSD has Seamonkey, so that's something.

lol this faggot

It's one guy. Some kind of shill. Operates across the site. Zig Forums refuses to ban him though. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the BO being ideologically aligned with him.

eheeheehe

Attached: cap.png (1368x513, 17.32K)

NetBSD works way better on the pi's and supports the older and lesser models fine. Has been that way for a few years. OpenBSD just recently started supporting them in a limited fashion and I don't think they will put much effort in to expanding support because of the whole binary blob issue. I could be wrong but I think the only reason the /arm64 OBSD port exists at all is because of the pine64.

Doesn't change the fact that I'm sick of Unix to the point that I'm about to reinstall Windows XP, at least for general use. Doesn't change the fact that Linux is a piece of shit. I tried a couple of different OSs that people here suggested, and holy shit, they actually just work. I didn't even remember what just being able to do things was like. You would think that I would have compatibility issues installing OSs that are probably used by 6 people, but no, they actually work perfectly, on computers that won't accept any of the BSDs and most LiGNUx distros. I actually forgot what it's like to just be able to install something that works, and not having to spend an hour getting everything I want to use to work.

It's true there are a couple of reds here, but unlike the political boards people don't get banned from Zig Forums for differences of opinion.

Either you have unsupported hardware, or you're using a stupid timesink distro. Debian and its derivatives work out of the box.

WTF kind of hardware runs XP but not any Linux or BSD? I'm calling bullshit.

Opal suffered a political witch hunt, plain and simple. "Publicly associating with opal" is just an excuse used as a tool to leverage control over the range of acceptable public opinions held by members of the community. And as the Drupal stramash showed, even one's consensual conduct in private life is considered open to review, excoriation, and even excommunication by these sorts of people.

Torvalds's rants were actually much appreciated by many people. When Torvalds rants "YOU DO NOT BREAK USERSPACE" or that the intel Spectre patch is "pure garbage" I do not think to myself that the poor dev is getting his feelings hurt. I think to myself "Linux is in good hands because Linus knows how to keep the eye on the ball and does not put up with bullshit" and from what I have seen so far, every attempt to induce "civility" has been a veiled attempt to try to force the linux kernel dev community to put up with bullshit. Under the guise of good manners, people want to induce garbage politicking and demand respect for all manner of ill-conceived notions, even if they would be disastrous to the Linux kernel. And I am not alone in this. It may shock you to note that Linus's rants actually have their admirers. It's kernel development, not daycare. People need to be held to a high standard and they need to be called to task when they fail. Sometimes their egos need to get bruised too to dispel the illusion of competence they hold towards their work before they acknowledge that that their work was frankly unacceptable and they should strive to do better next time. And I find that the people who argue most vociferously for civility codes are the people who are frankly in the greatest need of having their egos bruised before they will acknowledge that they are performing poorly and have delivered an unacceptable standard of work. Being offended that your work is criticized is being all-too-readily abused as an excuse to delegitimize and reject evidence of your own incompetence instead of striving to do better.

What happened here isn't so much that Linus was somehow a secretly terrible person. It's that he's been gaslit until he started believing that there was something wrong with him, when that's plainly not the case. And I am in fact losing faith in the Linux kernel as a result of this insanity worming its way in.