Protonmail or Tutanota

Protonmail or Tutanota

Attached: 1531331723564.png (300x119, 7.3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

runbox.com/
posteo.de/en
mailfence.com/
gnupg.org/
thunderbird.net/en-US/
mutt.org/
magaimg.net/img/6kn3.png
dismail.de/serverlist.html
pastebin.com/bwvqHhbA?fbclid=IwAR0gRPXR0XzB2Fx00CPZnBfej3vsBosZtxrICRPvFffPLkF71WySqnaas1w
bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/hacker-say-they-compromised-protonmail-protonmail-says-its-bs/
reddit.com/r/thedavidpakmanshow/comments/9xmnat/david_if_you_use_protonmail_you_need_to_be_aware/e9u2v2a/?context=3
archive.fo/fzEjQ
digdeeper.neocities.org/ghost/email.html.
lu4qfnnkbnduxurt.onion
cyberguerrilla.info/
vola7ileiax4ueow.onion/
volatile.bz/
eludemaillhqfkh5.onion/
elude.in/
secmailw453j7piv.onion
secmail.pro/
elude.in/
paste.tbee-clan.de/JLwHh
riseup.net/en/privacy-policy#information-we-choose-to-not-retain
reddit.com/r/emailprivacy/wiki/index
web.archive.org/web/20181117051255/https://pastebin.com/bwvqHhbA?fbclid=IwAR0gRPXR0XzB2Fx00CPZnBfej3vsBosZtxrICRPvFffPLkF71WySqnaas1w
gnu.org/licenses/agpl-3.0.html.
digdeeper.neocities.org/ghost/mozilla.html.
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn/Getting_started_with_the_web/HTML_basics
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You posted this twice, but here it is again:
Use neither.
They do not allow you to use an external mail client like thunderbird or mutt with your own gpg setup. You are forced to use the (((web client))).
Protonmail also has some shady shit going on. They technically have a way of using mail clients, but it requires that you run a proprietary, closed source, nonfree daemon on your computer. Furthermore, they can and will shut you down if they feel like it. pic related.

The best choice is to self host. If you can't/don't want to do that, consider purchasing a paid runbox, posteo, or mailfence account, and using it in tandem with your system's installation of GNU Privacy Guard and a Free Software mail client
runbox.com/
posteo.de/en
mailfence.com/
gnupg.org/
thunderbird.net/en-US/
mutt.org/

Attached: ProtonmailSJW.jpg (1913x3151, 1.72M)

Thanks for posting this, figured since their servers route through tel aviv they were (((bad news))) but this just confirms it. Deleting my acct now.

I use posteo, just because it's cheap and works well, but I'll probably switch to my own server once I leave me mum's basement.

From the free ones only Dismail.de is good.

This. Knew protonmail was upto no good when they can moderate and terminate your account.

And why the fuck would you want to?

cock.li

this with a local client + pgp

protonmail is fake. the real guy got warranted and fucked on a secret court though he did the right thing as to not hand the keys to feds though he probably did by now. he restarted with protonmail darkmail onion but the crowd funding failed. anything protonmail or darkmail is a boiling honey pot.

tutanota is much more based. they are open source and have good features and a lot of tlds they own which is a sign that they are big guys but still can't be trusted.

gas yourself

Posteo is really nice.
Pity that nobody I ask to use encryption with hardly tries to learn. They just want whatever "secure and private" Instant Messaging Skype, Whatsapp, Discord, etc. crap that looks attractive and is easy to install and use for everyone and their grandparents

Interesting. Where can I read more about this? Would be useful for my e-mail report...

you should try openmailbox
after they jewed out their server currently completely disappeared and fucked over the 5 dumb goyim who were stupid enough to pay for it without warning, it's been down for a month and a half

What about Tutanota?

same problems, minus the account banning thing (as far as we know). You can't use your own GPG with your own mail client.

No JS.
SMTP, IMAP, POP.
Better security.
Lighter than a OS-browser.
Can manage multiple emails from multiple suppliers with only one software.
GPG is managed on your machine not someone else's.
Imo it would cost less to just have smtp/pop only than having to implement all that webdesign junk.

Host your own, you dumb monkey-brained retard

Scratch that.
I can use PGP, but all of the kiked mail websites now require I hand them out a phone number. I just want to register on a mail website with a proxy and access it with a proxy from a mail program, and I don't want to hand personal data or data that is hard to fake.

What website fits me? I tried yahoo and google, but they both ask me for my phone.
I want to have multiple addresses on multiple providers in case one or more go down, so cock.li is out of the picture because I already use it.

Attached: 1451348751212.jpg (706x706, 53K)

Posteo is nice.

Retard who's used the protonmail meme since its inception here. I regret it and am aware of totally being locked in, which is why I'm working on moving to a company who's had decades of experience and a good privacy track record, and more importantly allows custom email clients. I saw threads on the protonmail lebbit complaining about them not releasing the source for their clients. All they replied with is the usual corporate speak "muh source code not mature yet", fuckoff. If you're thinking about signing up, skip any provider who forces webshit.

yohohohohohoNO

Pros:

Cons:

Attached: 4fa8d4f5f703b00d005488964305d5ad607f2d3552ee96fef066425921cce711.jpeg (1024x1024, 96.87K)

>>>/g/ the thread
they're both shit you fucking retard. they need heavy JS to load in their shitty web crypto. protonfuck requires phone or donation to sign up:
magaimg.net/img/6kn3.png
[tor users can't post images]

cool they have a list of email services:
dismail.de/serverlist.html
now we just need a page like this for web hosts

for end to end encryption, which neither service provides (inb4 hyurr durr i can use 10 retarded plugins in my browser to force the site to not change the code it sends me)

I haven't seen tutanota ask for dox in order to sign up yet. Protonmeme, gmail, yahoo, and microsoft mail do it. cock.li doesn't. yandex doesn't but it asks you to enter your security questions all the time

There's your dox.

Anyone know if this is legit?

pastebin.com/bwvqHhbA?fbclid=IwAR0gRPXR0XzB2Fx00CPZnBfej3vsBosZtxrICRPvFffPLkF71WySqnaas1w

Yeah it is, I work for protomail and we're fucked

Have they ever given a justification for that? It blows my mind that one coulnd't use an email service without web client. It would drive me crazy to have to go through a web interface every time instead of just starting up a real application.

If only they just did what they we

do you know what the small fee was? Even an order of magnitude? Wondering how fucked protonmail is.

ProtonMail has provided the following statement to BleepingComputer:

The alleged hacker has been busy posting to various image boards and stating that they would send $20 in bitcoin to anyone who spread the word about this hack using the #Protonmail hashtag on Twitter. In this post, they up the ante by claiming they have data on Michael Avenatti and CNN employees.

There is no reports that anyone has received bitcoins by the poster.

bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/hacker-say-they-compromised-protonmail-protonmail-says-its-bs/

Extortion email posted by protonmail official reddit account

reddit.com/r/thedavidpakmanshow/comments/9xmnat/david_if_you_use_protonmail_you_need_to_be_aware/e9u2v2a/?context=3
archive.fo/fzEjQ

40 buttcorns

The original source is a cuck/pol/lutant.

gotdammit. I just purchased a year of protonmail last month.

gay

I'm liking disroot so far. As long as you pgp everything it seems pretty decent.

Has the "hacker" actually released any proof of this? Because it sounds like BS anyone could write on pastebin.

Nope, he didn't release any info at all. Anyone making a real ransom threat would have done this for verification. He just filed a bug report (the email in ) demanding 40 bitcoins for silence, and made the pastebin. Protonmail is denying all claims made against it and says they have found a good deal of information about the perpetrator.

like he's a cuckchanner, among other things?

Host your own if possible (although it can be a lot of work). I think alternative is posteo as they let you pay with cash, use a desktop email client; don't require a phone number or some other botnet 'authentication'.

if I'm wrong or there's something better plz let me know what and why

riseup

Compromised by FBI not too long ago

Hi. I wrote a huge essay on e-mail providers on my website: digdeeper.neocities.org/ghost/email.html. It's not yet finished (will be modifying the Dismail section for example - it's not as great as I initially thought) but my current recommendations are Disroot and Autistici. Riseup slightly worse (their warrant canary thing has me slightly worried) but better than the ones most often recommended. Beware, there's a lot of misinformation about this topic - that's why I wrote it in the first place. For example, ProtonMail TOTALLY SUCKS. Read their privacy policy and read between the lines. Mailfence sucks as well. From the paid ones, Posteo is the best. But get onto Disroot or Autistici if you truly care.

Thank you for this information. I'm self hosting right now, and quite like it (except I haven't gotten spamassassin and other things to work yet). It's been running without a hitch, untouched for around 2 years now. However in terms of security, it always made me weary - what's to stop my service provider from just hijacking my information? My volume isn't encrypted, but even then, can't they just intercept my password from my KVM over IP? Is there any truly secure form of remote hosting? Would love to know some opinions on this. Also I'm having it running on a cheap VPS in Russia. My reasoning at the time (probably faulty) is that Russia is probably a bit more secure since they don't have to comply with US Fed warrants and so on.

Anyways I was seriously thinking about making the switch to Tuta, using my custom domain, but perhaps I should stick with self hosting? Anyways on making it more secure? Thanks!

Attached: christchann.jpg (512x409, 36.21K)

Hey man, just wanted to say thanks for your articles. You got me looking at SalixOS, though I've yet to be arsed to transition from my Qubes setup. Nice to see we agree on VPNs too. Good stuff.

Attached: eyepaper.png (1807x1080, 22.08K)

GAMERS RISE UP

Just use e-mail on Tor network. .onion email sites are secure.

CyberGuerrilla
lu4qfnnkbnduxurt.onion
cyberguerrilla.info/

Volatile
vola7ileiax4ueow.onion/
volatile.bz/

EludeMail
eludemaillhqfkh5.onion/
elude.in/

secMail
secmailw453j7piv.onion
secmail.pro/

elude.in/

gonna close my protonmail after this thread
they closed one of them anyway so i can't login (it says incorrect password/salt size)

nice i already use secmail thanks

literally never heard of it

Worked with a person (a Jew if that matters) in Seattle who tried to recruit me into riseup. Had not heard of it at the time, but based on this persons incompetence, I declined. Later heard about them getting comped during the Assange saga - was not surprised.

ProtonMail just added "full" PGP support

I would selfhost but my internet is meh and I get power outages in my city quite often

Which of these services is the one least likely to fuck me over? I see the first three are in germany, belgium and norway, which country is the least likely to seize those servers?

New update from the protonmail "hacker" from cuckchan:
paste.tbee-clan.de/JLwHh

trusting poos with cybersecurity

This went from "fake" to "fake and gay"

Hey, glad my streams of consciousness are useful to someone. Thanks! Share the site if you like it. Views have been drying up lately ^_^

Thanks for reminding me of these providers, I will have to add them to my report eventually. However, isn't it suspicious to you that EludeMail and CyberGuerilla COPY WORD FOR WORD the privacy policy of RiseUp? Like this quote from elude:

It's right there in RiseUp's privacy policy. See for yourself: riseup.net/en/privacy-policy#information-we-choose-to-not-retain

no faggot, you use email with PGP, there is no security for the site admin to have or not have

typical web shotter shit, they're so busy fucking aroud with muh hashing best practices that they locked their users out. polite sage because thread OP is AIDS

gmx.com

Based Protonmail exterminating neo-fascist untermensch. Switching over to it right now.

Attached: 5f85f374cf3df10b7c79438bc0df7d5ca87ee712472f413436ce1697efc33370.jpg (1395x1536, 290.2K)

And the online version doesn't have these things? What's better about them anyways than whatever the client has, if anything?

Cockmail

posteo.de is nice and they even offer to encrypt your mailbox so that even if they're asked to hand it over all they can hand over is gibberish. They're also very transparent in their dealings with police and will actually go out of their way to reject invalid subpoenas etc.. (Big laugh here- like half the requests they get are actually invalid and not propped up by law, cops are facist pigs)

It's like 12 or 15 bucks a year. That's cheap and totally worth it alone not to have to look at ads. Don't be a nigger.

the OP's shitty mail services are the exact same thing but free.
yes, "for you", instead of by you

If you don't trust your mail service to act in your interest, it's all pointless anyways. If they work with malice, they can read all your mails

Free is not a selling point with something like email. It's a downside. Think about why it's free.

shut the fuck up you stupid Zig Forumstier memeing nigger. just use end-to-end crypto. some corporate faggot asking for money isn't any more trustworthy than someone running a free email service

I would add, that a separate mail software is 10 times safer and privacy friendly
when you use webmail with JS they can fingerprint you to death, send their code, use exploits in web browser
mail software is not made by your mail provider but separate people. and it can be open source. you can configure it to use Tor etc

mail software only uses SMTP, IMAP, POP protocols to communicate with mail server. those protocols can only do things they are designed to do. in comparison, webmail with JS can run any code and do many shady things

reddit knows the answer:
reddit.com/r/emailprivacy/wiki/index

if someone is doing paid mail, why would they refuse if governments or other groups offered them money to sell users data?

>pastebin.com/bwvqHhbA?fbclid=IwAR0gRPXR0XzB2Fx00CPZnBfej3vsBosZtxrICRPvFffPLkF71WySqnaas1w

(((they))) removed it

save it quickly and redistribute
web.archive.org/web/20181117051255/https://pastebin.com/bwvqHhbA?fbclid=IwAR0gRPXR0XzB2Fx00CPZnBfej3vsBosZtxrICRPvFffPLkF71WySqnaas1w

Considering you think riseup are actually trustworthy rather than some weird antifa bullshit means your opinion is worth diddly shit friendo

You should create "StompAllNazisFacesInToTheGround" and see if proton supports your "revolution," I bet they will.

Branch out with more hate slogans towards other enemies of Jews, and see how far they take it.

You don't have to be a Zig Forums denizen to know this is bad news.

The worst thing you can say about ProtonMail is that deleted an account once. Not optimal, but there doesn't exist an email service that doesn't do that. Also, your infographic is terrible, has no links, and has illegible Reddit threads as if that were meant to be taken seriously.

Posteo is based in Germany, so are actually legally obligated to go after you if you name the jew. Your post seems like disinformation.

Let's face it: ProtonMail is only relevant because they offer free accounts. The OP also mentioned Tutanota because they offer free accounts. He's a parasite and should expect low quality from any free service. Stop thinking like an entitled parasite.

The best email service is Kolab, in every way. It costs about $4.50/month. Stop being a parasite and pay for their service, or learn how to run your own email server.

Proof that ProtonMail routes traffic through tel aviv? All their servers are in an underground vault in Switzerland.

Hello antifa.

Now let me tell you how the game works.
Write your privacy respecting bullshit in AGPLv3 gnu.org/licenses/agpl-3.0.html.
No wonder Zig Forums had fuckery going on when Josh sperged out about AGPLv3 so to protect user's anonymity and data privacy but the (((Freemason owner))) (hope you're no longer one, you know who you are) didn't want such license.

If you're looking for legitimate Email service try looking for those in AGPLv3 but in the end it only takes 1 Breach, 1 Outdated system and 1 zero day exploit to overthrow your already pathetic privacy.
Mass surveillance for the Livestock until we finish our robot slaves (agenda;NWO).

Tutanota is okay but not proven good but please self host your bullshit if you are a high value protagonist.

This. Follow the blue bird.

M o s s a d
Lol that was quick and easy. Almost any honeypots can be easily figured out by backtracing where your shit goes or just reverse lookup their shit and company origins like securedrop (honeypot for the resistance).

That was wrong and it was lavabit though I can't disagree with cock.li being the obvious...

Neither, make your own server.
Hillary Clinton proved to the world that this is a safe method.

anti-security shill

disguised (((kike))) shill.
(((they))) are dead. the (((nwo))) is dead.

How's fastmail and startmail?

Attached: 9cadc17dde7861143d321546e3fceddc959532881bccb7b0406a76e0f545aeaa.jpg (1200x1029, 196.9K)

I believe this statement in RiseUp’s policy needs discussion:
You brushed right over it, but it went from describing the two cases of unambiguous exploitation (DDoS threats and ransomware) as justifications for buckling under government pressure, to also including “misogynist, racist, or bigoted agendas” - something extremely subjective which could be applied to anything you wanted. This should be a giant red flag, the same as protonmail
as you commented on. The only difference is it’s unclear if they’ve already acted on it. Either way, it’s definitely a glaring omission in your commentary based on the approach of the other sections. The entire end-section related to the politicized “community owned” providers suddenly takes a turn towards good faith and benefit of the doubt, it stinks of shilling and ignores commentary on the fact that they are all in fact politicized, explicitly on the liberal side, which is, across technological services, a large red flag for targeted censorship. If you trust they won’t perform it is one thing, but it’s very odd that you’ve not made any comment on it when smaller red flags and ambiguities are pointed out throughout the article.

Hi, thanks for the comment. Well, obviously I'm not immune to bias. You're right, it might seem dishonest to put exploitation together with all the other stuff - I guess it didn't occur to me when I was writing the report. Of course since I strive to be thorough, I can't just let that go without comment.

The difference with ProtonMail is the "indefinite retention of data" part. So when the government comes knocking they will always have something to give.

Well, it is always about trust to a certain extent, and whom you trust will depend partly on your beliefs. You're right this could be used as a tool for targeted censorship - I didn't think of this. Again, there's no perfect provider and RiseUp seem pretty honest to me on the whole. I will see about bumping them down though...maybe. For now I'm writing a more important article about Mozilla.

I appreciate the comment again, even if it challenges my beliefs. I don't get too many like these. Maybe you want to check out my Mozilla article and tell me what you think? digdeeper.neocities.org/ghost/mozilla.html. It's not finished yet - there's so much dirt on mozilla it would take a book to describe it all.

It's fine, fairly detailed and accurate like the rest of your site, though it should have a section on Embrace Extend Extinguish.

You really should clean up your HTML. Use and , not "subtitle" "subtitle2" lol. Your default CSS (and the other provided options) is very difficult to read, I whipped up a quick css to make it much easier for myself when reading through your site.

body{font-family: sans-serif; margin-right:30%; margin-left: 35%; color:white; background-color: black;}p.title{font-size: 1.8em;}p.subtitle{font-size: 1.6em;}p.subtitle2{font-size:1.2em; text-decoration:underline;}q{color:gray;}a{color:yellow;}

Hi. I've modified the CSS (just the default theme). What do you think? Should I make it more narrow still? I did it this way since I hated the wasted space. But maybe it isn't the right strategy.

Hmm. The Embrace Extend Extinguish stuff is pretty interesting. Isn't that what Mozilla did with the XUL addons pretty much? Do you have any other examples?

JIDF at it again.

could need a simpler design
seriously hope you didn't fucking a matrix background on some pages

Add just plain faster and more convenient.

Kolab Now is the best email service.

The colors weren’t the issue, I just didn’t bother putting them into my simple css. They’re the one thing I would’ve retained.

Ignoring aesthetics, there are some heuristics for efficient readability I applied:

Tight margins is more easily read, letting the eye travel to the next line without losing its place, which is why a lot of documentation and code sticks to the classic 80 character terminal standard.

Headers are better differentiated by font-size and weight, not only color or margins, though those help.

Left-Aligned text is naturally easier to read then center or right-aligned, partly because its easier to find the beginning of new line.

While not as important, I find it sensible to place the text in the center of the screen rather than at the left border, since it can be assumed that the most natural place to rest your eyes.

Sans-serif fonts are more readable than serif, but it’s a matter of preference, some people believe serif gives more authority to a text.

Should always follow W3C standard specifications, ironically Mozilla provides the best documentation:
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn/Getting_started_with_the_web/HTML_basics

Openmailbox or gtfo
it just proves the fact that (((they are onto this project))) and the mail lacks the funds to even sustain itself and not (((obviously subsidized))) nor (((well-funded)))

Holy shit, you're a master straw man.

WINNER

WINNER

My opinion on email is you should have a pool of email addresses and use them like cryptocurrency addresses. You should have a separate email account for every contact you communicate with. Especially corporations like Google or Paypal. Reusing the same email address in 2 places is a bad idea like reusing a password. Only exception is a general inbox account so people you don't know can contact you, but even then you make a new such account every 4 months and delete the old one. Use a naming scheme like [email protected] so they know how long the email will stay valid, and include a random salt on the address that changes every update. Remember, using one email account forever, everywhere, and for everything is what (((they))) want you to do.

My email service has a 0% uptime because the jews are on to me and I'm not funded by anyone at all, including myself. Subscribe now.

Wasnt protonmail caught to be owned by some company that sells malware and zombies?

(checked)
Ok newfag here, any good links or threads on how to host your own encrypted server? That seems to be the agreed best option but I honestly wouldn't even know how to start. My level of newfaggotry: Protonmail and PIA for a VPN, that's it. I'd like to be a lot more secure though.

Attached: check my trigger disciprin.jpg (483x838, 73.84K)

now they know all your emails, gg. even if your service doesn't tell them which addresses are real (by saying login failed instead of account doesn't exist, or by not getting bounced emails back), they can still spam all of your addresses, whereas if you use actual unguessable addresses, you become immune to spam, since if you get spam you know the one guy with your address is responsible and you can just stop talking to him (or give him a new address in the event that he accidentally leaked your address for example by malware on his box)

hahahah shut the fuck up shill. also no, you can't sign up for protonmeme for free. it asks for phone or donation, neither of which are reasonable

There are no ads on Tutanota and I doubt protonmeme has any either. Even cock.li doesn't have any. ANd I don't even use adblock (I run with javascript.disabled and only use it for logging into email with a separate browser profile) and I never saw an ad on these services. YOU are the nigger.