Firefox drops native rss support

archive.fo/pBq6x

so here comes the last straw for me, decided to switch to tor+ungoogled chromium, what bugs me is there appears to be no open source rss detector chromium extension available, help me out user?

thanks

Attached: image_thumb1219.jpg (198x200, 46.24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Browser_plugins#MozPlugger
spyware.neocities.org/articles/iridium.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Native RSS "support" in Firefox was always shit, no big loss.

well i happens to get raspberry pi that collecting dust, so i turned it into tt-rss box, much better

Attached: u.jpg (233x225, 13.51K)

>wtf why did (((they))) remove RSS????????????///
the absolute state of Zig Forums

Nice blogpost. I'm gonna recommend it to all my friends over at Mastodon and Hacker News.

Is palemoon shitty yet / still shit?

Well, it has (unofficial) forks for win2k/xp and there's the sage/bamboo feed extensions that work with it

Attached: pale man.jpeg (2190x1182, 59.66K)

They recently disabled all telemetry in their builds by default. The owner is still a left wing furry though.

should've done this sooner.
No one in their right mind would use the web browser as an RSS reader, it just doesn't go well with RSS's main appeal.

Chrome removed RSS support before this. Firefox is just an imitator at this point. They used to do their own thing, but now they're just trying to be second best. I wouldn't be surprised if they switch to Webkit in the future.

At that point I'll install Brave.

Why? It's Ungoogled Chromium with some added features that you'll disable because the addons you're used to do a better job than the integrated Brave stuff.

Nah don't want to do anything with that name.

the fuck are you even doing here, op? go back to reddit where you belong.

Your only reason not to use chromium is the name? But you will use a browser that shares 100% of the botnet code?

So what? Browsers are already way too bloated and dedicated RSS readers offer a better experience. Good riddance I say.

You deserve whatever you get for sticking with that piece of shit

What kind of bait is this? Quantum was the one good thing to come to Firefox this decade.

Even RSS extensions for Firefox are better than the built-in reader

op means rss scraper rather than reader

ff quantum made me uninstall chrome

It wasn't, because it was used as an excuse to push the removal of "legacy" addons and the new hyper-centralized addon system.

Seems the same to me, FF in my opinion really did improve after quantum. But it's shitty they never kept on legacy addons, plus them being hard SJWs leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

He's Swedish. I don't think he has a choice since he lives in a city.

Who cares about rss. Someone needs to fix the gopher support in FF.

t. mozilla corporation employee

i was actually using RSS feeds in firefox before i moved over to using a dedicated RSS reader like newsboat, to be fair that feature isn't really bloat it's just reading XML files in a presentable way but damn this makes RSS even less known to the common user.

chrome rss site:github.com
rss github site:chrome.google.com

M$ gitcuck will prosper because of faggots like you

Still shitty, but it's the only option if you don't want to get firefucked, or chrome in your ass. Also Moonchild is a gigantic faggot. Adopting Ada's CoCk, being a faggot about numerous other things are going to turn the user and donate base against him quickly. He should have kept politics out of Palemoon.

I’m getting close to the breaking point of using Chromium. I try to support real free software by using Firefox, but it’s getting hard. I read a lot of PDFs in the browser, and the native PDF.js in Firefox is atrocious and slow. There’s a lot of little stuff here and there. That plus the fact that 90% of websites are solely optimized for WebKit now, so you’ll run into weird Javascript bugs on some smaller sites.

I thought Rust was supposed to change everything? If Rustniggers can’t even improve their own organization’s product to showcase the use of their language, then Rust truly is trash.

He's not just a faggot he's a furfag. And I've been checking out their forums and github issue page on and off for months now and this is the first I've heard about the project having a code of conduct. You guys are really making a mountain out of a molehill.

Why would you use the built in pdf viewer in a web browser? Just use mozplugger and have whatever program you want open it.
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Browser_plugins#MozPlugger

Install a separate browser for just reading PDFs and get a good PDF or ePub addon if needed. I just extract ePubs since they're HTML and read them in a really old version of Firefox.

Why would you do ths? Pdfs especially in a webbrowser is the worst thing for opsec

Does anyone uses RSS in this day and age tho?

Guys I'm not liking Firefox recently... I think chrome isn't actually that bad don't you agree? It's faster and better!

Depending on your definition, Firefox might no longer be free software.
Don't believe marketing bullshit.

Whatever Chrome/ium uses doesn't Ctrl+F correctly most of the time so I just use a dedicated viewer. Not defending FurryFox; just saying that the grass isn't greener on the other side of the fence.

I would if there was a decent reader out there. Maybe there is one now. All the browser addons were shit, Thunderbird is anti-software and I'm not installing PHP just to use TTRSS. Maybe Gnus is the last straw that'll see me switch over to Emacs.

Just use tabbed surf already

Same here. I refuse to update firefox to anything newer than 52. I'm tired of having to spend an hour scrolling through ghacks user.js to debotnet my browser every time I install a major update. To that end, I've been using ungoogled-chromium on Gentoo and iridium on OpenBSD lately, but not yet exclusively. The latter is built with patches to enable pledge and unveil, which makes it the most secure option on OpenBSD by far. I find that if I enable tab stacking and install my usual addons the interface isn't as unbearable as I thought it would be.

Yes. I keep newsboat open right next to mutt in my tmux session. RSS is much better for quickly reading headlines than opening up a web browser and scrolling through a dozen different webpages.

me. and I liked the how liveclicks addon worked.
my problem is that almost all rss readers are bloated crap.
I just want to know when something got updated. nothing else.

they work perfectly to follow shit on any media.
like youtube, without having and account. clicking the damn bell tons of times or even having to worry about youtube deleting that account so you forget you even followed it..

also. rss are good auto-download shit from torrent trackers. keep the updates of manga sites, news sites, whatever. they even let you know if some specific thread was created here.

they are very versatile. but most people don't use them. fucking normies.
Being able to follow shit without having an account everywhere is a bliss.

Attached: 777aca783447ad53.jpeg (750x510, 58.16K)

What's your beef with seamonkey tho?

this is the correct answer

WAIT WHAT
I USED THAT SHIT
WHAT THE NIGGER FUCKING CUCK CHRIST

ain't that a honeypot

Not as far as I know. According to the link below, the only major problem is that safebrowsing is enabled by default but that's trivially easy to disable. I'll drop it if somebody can prove that it's a honeypot.
spyware.neocities.org/articles/iridium.html

It's basically what netscape became.

i thought you pissbabies didn't use soyboy browsers