Come tox with me~

Get in here, fags, let's have a Tox thread.

Looking for Rudolph edition

Let's share our Tox IDs too. I'll start:
8FC4694583756BEC3F9DCBED5CEF21AD47D5B4A19D6C2974D68FC33AAB056509E24B62449BF0

Attached: logo.gif (289x109, 1.39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/uTox/uTox/issues/1206
toxme.io/
github.com/TokTok/c-toxcore/issues/426
prosecco.gforge.inria.fr/personal/bblanche/publications/KobeissiBhargavanBlanchetEuroSP17.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

there used to be a groupbot what happened to that

here's groupbot's tox ID:
56A1ADE4B65B86BCD51CC73E2CD4E542179F47959FE3E0E21B4B0ACDADE51855D34D34D37CB5

what's the point
there's no one to talk with

me

The official tox group bot is over at: 415732B8A549B2A1F9A278B91C649B9E30F07330E8818246375D19E52F927C57F08A44E082F6

We have a pretty decont Zig Forums room going on there. You will get automatically invited to a room if you add the bot.

Attached: 00b05e643a8bc7e1499b0f08f41a44809eb8ceeac01aaed35664ef3795457131.png (481x463, 144.6K)

Tox is full of pedos

See this anime avatar fag for an example

So is Zig Forums.

Attached: 1535725705177.jpg (669x696, 87.58K)

0A323568AB15A8BACB72786B373B886382C1A658B2DDD53827EE8C5BFDBD3E2893A922EDAAAC

Hit me up buddy

github.com/uTox/uTox/issues/1206

Utox is the shittiest client. No one uses it. Use qtox or toxic. I bet you are a windowsfag.

Problem's right there. Everyone is talking about how much better Qtox is.

no

but utox is written in pure holy C and qtox is written in unholy C++

That's how I know you're a larper. Head over to the fizzbuzz thread and learn something, kid.

Fuck off cianigger

i'm not going to have a choice even the git version has this same stupid fucking error and it's been raised an issue for 8 months. utox needs to get its shit together

You're throwing around bloat too much. It's feature rich, sure. It's also quality. If features are well put in place and useful I don't have a problem, it's not over the top in Qtox.

uTox vs qTox argument is also C vs C++ and gtk vs Qt
this is irrelevant though because uTox doesn't work

Why hasn't everyone just accepted that TUI is best and switched to toxic already

When you find rudolph can you help me find recharged?

I was using Tox in the past if anyone wants to talk with me again (I was using sometimes the name Luigi9).

EA3B363D9D6BF083857C7A1E5ADD0E0B00408BB8D3E8B4F5CF54F83B84DDF81A0948FDA449FB

Attached: Kafuu.Chino.full.2417461.jpg (900x774, 450.37K)

Attached: AbsoluteStateOfTox.jpg (1000x1000, 170.64K)

Lol wtf

Toxic doesn’t even run for me. I execute the run script and it just returns an error. Not sure why

I made that a while ago. It took approximately 15 minutes.
Just go to toxme.io/ , click find friends, and you'll find sickfuckery fast, probably on the first page.
Interestingly enough, many of them appear to be German.

i thought this image was a joke, it is not.
first page or two, names I clicked on with messages, toxme.io, find friends, and it's all this shit.
how is this allowed to exist?

Attached: toxme.png (1364x1132, 172.96K)

Because they let pedos run rampant on the internet. There is no intention to do anything about them most of the time.

this is what happens when you allow c*mskins on the internet
the age of consent should be raised to 28 tbh

Attached: T_alberto_barbosa__737cd367a5474ddfa3ca272b30c0d3b9.jpg (600x584, 39.06K)

Privacy is a one way street faggot its either everyone is allowed or no one is

This raises the question... can the privacy and security of a solution be directly measured by the number of pedophiles that use it?

Attached: yinyangemoji.png (420x420, 260.12K)

not cia, trust me

OP here, am recharged, add me faggot

because the userbase was sourced from imageboards

Wasn't the development team itself sourced from imageboards?

Almost all pedo related actions on the internet are done on the clearnet on normalfag websites and applications like facebook and "KiK". Fuck even jewtube is plastered in borderline CP. If every man who tried to solicit pictures from underage girls or who watched CP over the clearnet actively was imprisoned you'd have 10's of millions of people in prison. Millions and millions of views on videos of girls doing gymnastics and shit with a fuckton of disgusting comments below and nothing was done about it for years. Pedophilia is all but completely normalized in the west, everyone just likes to pretend that 12 year olds wearing miniskirts and having their faces caked in makeup like a street walker is perfectly normal.

The number of pedophiles trading and scheming on a given service never changes. It's just the number of normalfags obfuscating them lowering that makes them more obvious.

Most obvious tryhard glownigger shit I've ever seen. They've been doing it since 2013. On the rare occasion an actual pedo shows up in cyberia he usually just gets mad, gorbles in poolang, and leaves because no one will add him

The proportion of pedos then?

What stops others from registering someone else's ID on a service like that?

The fear of someone else doing it driving them to do it first.

The point is that pedos are fucking retarded and use whatever they can to access the material. If there is even perceived privacy they flock to something regardless of how private it actually is. The idea that pedos are somehow smart and try to hide their deviancy is wrong. The average pedo is literally braindead, as the average person is literally braindead.

Pedos are like the Canary in the Coal Mine. You know there's a problem (with privacy/security) when they keel over dead (get v&).

That's not even true. There are just bad practices that they can get caught for because they're retarded.

Isn't Tox dead? Or is it still updated? Rumor had it that Tox was useless because its privacy/security was compromised.

Yes, there are still critical vulnerabilities in Tox. I don't know why this thread exists.

Source or fuck off

( ° ʖ °)

Attached: LOLI-METAL (OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO).webm (1280x720, 14.27M)

I've read studies to this effect, indicating that paedophiles have an on-average, lower IQ. I can't stop myself from wondering if we're only catching the stupid ones, and that this skews the perception of their intelligence, and puts us on a poorer footing to deal with them effectively.

who falls for this?

Attached: self_defense_situation_-_sam_hyde.mp4 (854x480, 2.61M)

>github.com/TokTok/c-toxcore/issues/426
Why would you ever use a program created by /g/?

Fundamental problem of with the class of encryption. If you fix it you lose deniability. Which means if you private key was stolen every message you have ever sent could be proven as having come from you. This is a feature of tox. Only retards that don't understand crypto shill this.

wrong

Name a single example that is deniable and does not have some other far worse fault. Pro tip you can't because you are a larping faggot.

LARPer spotted

Every single time some faggot links to that thread, and every single time you faggots can never list a counter example. Fuck off CIA shill.

every single time some faggot mentions that insecure chat program, and every single time you faggots claim that protection against KCI and deniability are mutually exclusive. Fuck off CIA shill.

Seriously, just tell us which chat protocol to use instead

no
signal

Which is vulnerable to KCi you retard.
prosecco.gforge.inria.fr/personal/bblanche/publications/KobeissiBhargavanBlanchetEuroSP17.pdf
Just like every single deniable protocol

This PDF doesn't say that Signal is vulnerable to KCI though.

It literally does

Try again.

try again

This means it isn't the Signal protocol anymore. try again

You are aa retard

I'm done arguing with this level of retardation.

Okay user. What specifically did they change to break everything? Pro tip shill nothing related.

Where'd all you retards go

I doubt pedophilia is any more common in the west than it is anywhere else. E.g. in the muslim world women are subhuman (hence rape isn't that bad and surprise its easiest to rape a child). And only a (possibly latent) pedophile would watch anime.

Why use tox when there's xmpp?
The latter doesn't disclose your IP even if you don't use tor and supports offline messages

XMPP is server based, your server will know your IP. Tox was designed to be P2P with no server necessary. I don't understand how it's possible to connect through a P2P protocol without knowledge of the specific IP address of each peer.

Yeah it will, but at least it won't disclose your IP to every single person you connect to. Also, there's nothing preventing your from using tor and shit
Why make that the goal? I don't see how being p2p is of any value unto itself. And yeah, you still need bootstrap servers
Well, i2p (as well as freenet, I guess lokinet and some other networks) is p2p and you don't get to know IPs of the people you talk to. Actually, if somebody were to make an alternative to tox making use of i2p, that'd be a lot easier and more secure, since besides anonymity i2p would also provide routing and encryption.

CP is the gold standard for encryption and anonymity. If the standard is any good, it should be swarmed by the dregs of society looking for safety. Dont fight it, they are the canary in the coal mine.

Servers are single points of failure that can be abandoned, shut down, or raided.
Bootstrap nodes, that are plentiful, can be run by anyone, and are automatically discovered and added. Additionally, you save peers after every successful connection to use as bootstrap nodes the next time.
Tox lets Tor handle anonymization, because Tor has a longer and better track record at it, so Tox can focus on doing what Tox does. I2P transport support via proxies, similar to the way Tor support works, was being worked on last time I looked into it.

This user is correct. Paedophiles are canaries. If your network is worth using, it should be able to protect terrorists and pedophiles, society's most wanted. Encryption is fundamentally non-discriminating. Anything capable of denying service can be turned against you, and eventually will be.

The problem with this is that the presence of CP is what prompts the glowniggers to come and find ways to de-anonymize your network. If your canary is what's causing the toxic gases to seep out of the mine, you're probably safer without it.

Pedos don't cause the network to become insecure (unless you're talking inserting backdoors into the codebase), the network was always insecure and glowniggers just expose it. You're not advocating for security by obscurity, are you user?

i swear, i've been seing these Tox threads on /g/ and Zig Forums since 2013. Is it still an unusable piece of shit?
lately, i've been using signal, it's nice except for having phone number + pin instead of username and password (which is completely retarded)

It's a lot better than what it was, but still not perfect, and I'm pretty sure it's stagnated now.

i think this goes to show you should never beta before you're ready to, as it will kill your product's reputation.

Well one of the developers made off with the domain/donations for ever ago, that's what killed the project.

isn't Tox ded? and imageboards are the better form of communication.

anime can't be pedo. it's back to >>>/reddit/ for u

Tox died in 2013 and has been keeping it up ever since nigger

bait

most people use im on a fucking phone
tox can't support offline (p2p),so is fucking shit
apple doesn't allow background app network access,unusable trash
drain battery and using a lot data

F9706A42721016DAC583592294E7FEF064689AD270D0788153433E8BB2D2BF625F4F7DF9B56B

What is your definition of "full P2P"?

This is literally the most bold-facedly retarded post I have ever seen on this website. This post is the most blatant example of down syndrome posting to ever compete in the window-licking cup. What the fuck, user.

The list you linked of default bootstrap nodes is only a simple way for joining the very first time. You need to know someone in the network to enter the network. You can specify that manually, you can get the bootstrap peer info from a sneakernet-smuggled Solitaire deck if you really want to. Tox doesn't care. That particular list is also updated automatically from the public wiki.
After the first bootstrap, you save connected peers and bootstrap off of them every subsequent join.
Not quite. Decentralized is federated. Distributed is p2p.
TNS, the optional nameID mapping system, is decentralized.
Some clients include optional auto-update mechanisms that are centralized.
Tox is distributed.
All core comms functions are directly peer-to-peer. There are no hyperprivileged servers. All nodes may perform all tox node functions.
Because IP addresses are considered ephemeral and can change, so we look them up from the DHT (literally, *Distributed* Hash Table, notably *not* Decentralized Hash Table), which also makes Tox a near perfect basis for magic sshing anywhere on the globe with tuntox.
The Tox wiki is public. I encourage you to browse it a little bit. It's very interesting reading!

Attached: centralized decentralized distributed.png (1163x758, 195.29K)

I'm here. It's spelled Rudolf. I have my Tox profile on another computer which can't connect to the internet anymore. If I can transfer the profile to this one, I'll get on it and talk to my boys again.

So I guess lainbot is not coming back? What now? I told you guys to get on telegram.

Somebody needs to make some consensus system for chat logs, and make a nonautistic mobile client that only does TCP.

On another note Delta Chat is GOAT, doesnt reinvent the wheel and actually does what i want

There is still kalinabot
12EDB939AA529641CE53830B518D6EB30241868EE0E5023C46A372363CAEC91C

Here is the ID for the new lainbot, it was down only temporarily.

2167ED20D40E1A5557A7AEFE16D0E110920382A9F3AA6C6597EA71DF4E499C5942CD0768F260

You'll never be white.

FE35D4C55C4CB0E36BBE7009BA977463FCF0B0917583C9CEC57266B72AA7675EF6D1D0C02B1D

sup fag, it's recharged here. just add me already

Recharged here?

You "id" is not ID
12EDB939AA529641CE53830B518D6EB30241868EE0E5023C46A372363CAEC91C2C948AEFE4EB

why is tox such a piece of shit, and why are they not developing it anymore

Tox was updated a few months ago. You don't need to update a protocol. It's set in stone. You just need clients, which already exist and are updated every month.