Would it be possible for a hacker with enough hacking skills to delete the entire internet off of the internet all at...

Would it be possible for a hacker with enough hacking skills to delete the entire internet off of the internet all at once? How could something like this be done? If it could be done?

Attached: af2.png (741x568, 29.42K)

Replace "hacker" with "military" and "hacking skills" with "nuclear missiles" and you got yourself a "maybe"

If I had a button that could do that I would hit it so damn hard and fast I'd break my damn wrist.

If you could hack time, it'd be simpler to go back to where it all started and stop it there.

Attached: hkmn.jpeg (1280x720, 54.26K)

maaaybe. you'd have to gain root permission to every last delivery network, nameserver, distribution server, and so on and wipe it clean. there's several millions and the majority of them are unlisted.

You could have a skilled hacker and social engineer guru hack and control the military and do that

Your mom is unlisted

Most realistic way for that to occur is to take advantage of one of the supposedly-existant hardware backdoors on x86/ARM.

bomb data centers, tech jihad now

Basically, no.
Replace "skills" with "money", and you have a "technically possible, depending on how poorly you define the words 'entire' and 'internet'."
You would need to stockpile and distribute a broad range of 0days, and hope none of them get fixed or detected in the mean-time. You would also need to engineer extremely reliable exploits that 'just werk' on many configurations of hundreds of OSs.
The amount of money necessary could probably be better spent on conventional weaponry and submarines to bomb undersea cables and data centers. A series of mortar strikes on Amazon and Google could be surprisingly effective.

at that point, you might as well call them a politician

t. azure employee

nuke from orbit

No, the internet is decentralized.

I'd honestly trust Azure over AWS and whatever Google does.

You'd have to be a level 9 hacker and I don't think anyone has made it past 7.

LOL

Theoretically if every piece of hardware on the internet was vulnerable to 0days then yeah it's possible. Just need to automate it.

If you hack your own militia group you could shut off the internet for a country by blowing up a bunch of power generators and key power cables you don't even need to get them all just a fraction. Can't connect to the internet with no power. The whole entire country would also collapse too which would also shut down the internet for any place left with power.

the fact you not only make a thread but you actually found this board is disturbing.

reported.>>992644

sage got eaten during recaptchatization

DeathStar > Planet EARTH

All software hacks will just be reversed in a couple of hours at most.

The best thing is to attack the deep sea fiber optic cables that connect continents. This is the weakest part of the internet. There was a story about a Somalian pirate ship stealing something but in the process accidentally cut one of these cords. All of Egypt was without internet for days before it was repaired.

You could do that on a larger scale. America wouldn’t be affected as much as other countries, since most internet services are already running in America.

Well, I tried. I guess this place is >>>/g/ now.

if the BO doesn't give a shit, why would I give a fuck about saging faggot?

You show us, user. Be the hero we deserve.

DO IT FAGGOT

it is physically possible. maybe that is why we are fucked like all the other aliens.

True, but there is a heavy reliance on certain devices, like Cisco IOS routers on most tier 1 networks. One or two IOS 0 days that get into the device, then spread to all the BGP neighbors, then brick the device and you'll see a huge chunk of the internet go offline. At least, temporarily.