Windows 10 is deleting dualboot partitions

How will winfags defend this ?
makeuseof.com/tag/windows-update-delete-linux/

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.microsoft.com/de-de/sysinternals/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

By the end of the year all Winblows Gamers will become Linux Chads

And linux will become steam/systemd

I welcome our new Valve / RedHat overlords.

Even with systemd and cocks linux is still better than win10 by a large margin

As much as I hate Windows, I'm skeptical of this. Is this a real thing or a FUD hypothetical?

Attached: F2762C9C-FA1B-4FBF-BADB-59E080AED756.jpeg (1920x1920, 812.12K)

This happened as far back as XP, why is this even news?

Why is OP such a retard?

People care now.

What other person than retarded OP?
Who even uses Microsoft hacks?
Not one OS has ever being truly theirs.
The only few people I know that care are using hardware from the 80s with uptimes in the decades.
Have you ever seen a person even commit 24/7+2wks uptime on their (((PC)))s?

Bullshit.

I'm pretty sure it happened only when installing Windows (i.e. when Windows write its bootloader to the disk) after GNU/Linux, not during updates.

This

Ever tried extending a partition from the starting point of the partition? It moves all files. No way windows "secretly" extends its partitions that way. Sure maybe bootloader gets overwritten, but bcdedit is ur pal to fix that bullshit. Either way you deserve to get cucked for having windows update turned on, if you decide to have a windows partition slurping up your precious storage.

gif related, don't fuck with windows

Attached: bouncingwindow.gif (499x231, 891.59K)

No shit, It will make you floor your bitch then knock yourself out so that the windows pervs can get your ass.;

Windows 10 changes the default boot entry if you don't disable hiberboot. I never saw it really delete anthing tho.

Linux is just a kernel.

that was quite naive

maybe, but not with pulseaudio.
this shit is so fucking broken it's not even funny.

Imagine thinking GNU / Linux is a serious contender as an operating system

Imagine not sucking dick on a regular basis

systemrescuecd is a babby-tier easy fix for this right?

UEFI update deleted one of my partitions. Perhaps the way to avoid this would be to shrink the size of the partition and create a new one (dont delet the original)?

installed Windows 7 AFTER Windows 10
that still works for me

Reminder that Microsoft fired most of their software testers in 2014. That's the real reason why they push that telemetry crap, they want everyone to work as beta testers for free.

The fuck did just happen?
Did they wipe the linux partition or did they remove the grub boot loader?

Let me guess: It doesn't affect enterprise or Windows Server?

You are aware that win 10 updates can't be turned off ?

So the author has no idea of Windows and doesn't even know whether any of what he wrote is true?

That's wrong. You can indeed NOT disable updates by disabling the updating services but disabling the task scheduler disables forced updates completely.
You don't have to do updates at a certain time, you don't have to do them when you shut down the PC, you don't have to do them at all

Note that you have to start "Services" with system rights. You can do that with PSExec: docs.microsoft.com/de-de/sysinternals/

PsExec.exe -i -s -d cmd.exe
is the command
Just in case anyone needs help with his babysteps.

It will still say "Administrator" but if you type "whoami" you'll see that you're "system"

then type services.msc and make the desired changes

Interesting that we have Microsoft employees ITT

German at that

I'm not a Microsoft employee. I take that as praise.
If I was working at Microsoft I would have said TV XBOX TV SPORTS TV

Attached: microsoft_xbox_one_market_audience.webm (640x360, 7.37M)

If you make a fresh install just torrent Server 2016 and install the drivers manually.

old news
Windows has been doing this forever.

You shouldn't have installed Botnet 10 to begin with.

you're posting this thread after months of windows doing zero updates because they fucked up 1809, and your link is to a random shitty site with zero evidence and no indication of which updates caused issues.
shitpost/10

Microsoft stock is captured by bankers so they're not exactly in charge of their own bowel movements at the moment. Right now they're being forced by their evil Board of Directors to replace all their competent white programmers with incompetent poos so that China can have the edge over the United States. Every single product team has an incompetent poo in charge of it. See for yourself!

Wangblows 10 October 2018 RE-RELEASE, OUT NOW!

is this real?

He's doing it backwards.

shure do love me some winders 10

Attached: win10.png (1280x1024, 346.4K)

Look at almost anything in your house, "Made in China" China already has an edge over the USA.

Why I only use Windows for gaming anymore. Even Apple respects your privacy more than Microcock

If I get it right the problem happens when wangblows needs to do an update but there's no space left to do the update so it automatically deletes any partition it deems to be "useless" then grow its own partition to accommodate the update.

Yep. Windows users are suckers.

Attached: 2018-10-01-5.png (770x588, 81.65K)

Even then the Linux partition is still there and still read-writable. You just can't boot into it unless you reinstall GRUB.

As always the cancer is kept in the consumer version. Server 2016 doesn't have that.

t. iCuck
I really really doubt that.
Microsoft is shit and Apple is Microsoft³.

Like that garbage was ever secure.

I won't have this problem if I run LTSC right?

Does anyone know why this happens, I can see it erasing the bootloader bc it shares the partition with grub on guided installs but how can it erase something on another partition?

It's true. They waited until Steve Jobs succumbed to GRIDS to join PRISM and give all their users' data to the NSA. MS joined years earlier.

"You see user, Enterprise is just too expensive :^) "
Someone shoot me.

Attached: 152056269123.jpg (678x468, 44.5K)

Propietary tech can have many secrets.