Why ask for advice if you don't listen?

Anyone else here sick of constantly being asked for basic advice by people that never listen? Usually it's boomers that pull this on me and it seems very common.

I don't get it. Same parent constantly expects me to drop everything to re-install Windows. I've set-up multiple Roku/Android boxes for them with all the free tv/sports they could ever want. I've had to configure every device they own multiple times. They don't follow instructions and manage to fuck up everything I do within a few months without fail. They refuse to try Linux. They refuse to learn anything for themselves. When I was growing up this man would set-up his own stereos, TVs, and stayed on top of technology.

Similarly:
>"but user we want to get on facebook"

Anyone else feel the same way?

Attached: 79a360d0ec3696feef701151953b59feee1f3e8475b751d29cd8458d02d7590a.gif (700x921, 53.07K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/s8bje
youtube.com/watch?v=wDmS0Xag90Q
192.146.137.99:11371
cww3ggjgpw56wter.onion
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just tell them "companies are literally make things that break on purpose"

Experienced this in less-involved and not-as-frustrating ways.
To be honest, they don't follow the instructions because they don't want to(or aren't capable of doing so). They want everything to work like an appliance rather than a tool or set of tools. Next time they ask for help and you feel obliged to help, just pick options that are as close to appliances as possible; you'll both end up being happier.
Addendum: Normies will always want and do what requires the least amount of thinking. If you setup some technology that saves them $100/month but requires some steps beyond dumb operation, they will inevitably complain because something will go wrong(which will be no fault of your own) and they lack even the most rudimentary problem solving skills to address it. In their minds, having to rarely do something beyond appliance-like operations is the end of the world and they would rather not save the $100/month. The best thing you can do for normies when devising technological solutions for them is to ask yourself if a toddler could use what you implement. If a toddler could, then normies can use it; if a toddler couldn't, then normies reliably can't use it.

Dude, you may have autism. Your boomer parents have no fucking clue about technology. They just want to watch fucking sportsball. Instead of just helping them you are being an autistic brat that would rather waste his time installing new modems and reconfiguring the network for 3 fucking times instead of just helping your parents out.
Your parents probably wish they'd aborted you LOL.

If these people listened I would continue helping. I've been putting up with this for 20 years. I moved out ages ago. I'm still "on call" 24/7 because they're too stupid to remember a password.

Ask for some favor in return. Not money, just the use of something they have or a service that they are good at. Odds are they wont hold up their end of the bargain and that is exactly what you want. They either won't ask again because they don't want to remind you they owe you something, and if they do you can just point out how you are still waiting on what ever they promised last time. In the case of your dad, the answer to all criticisms and accusations should be "Ok, if you're so sure I don't know what I'm doing, do it yourself. Otherwise, let me work and be glad I'm helping at all."

As says, for normies even what you would likely consider to "just werk" is too complicated. Don't bother trying to make things easier or cheaper for them, it will just backfire. Just let them muddle along with what they have been sold and become half-addapted to. You need to remember that to these people about half the buttons on the TV remote hide arcane secrets, some of which they live in fear of accidentally encountering.

Yes. I have been giving advice on the internet for the past 10-15 years, mostly on the hardware/software side and only my closest friends actually listen. Randoms / anons usually just try to argue with me because they're not actually looking for advice, but trying to start a fight (Because they're usually degenerates or ignorant).

I have a similar experience as well. I wrote some software years ago and constantly get asked about it. Sometimes I'll get drunk and just want to help people in good faith. I'm always quickly reminded it's a bad idea. Some random with a few wrong answers from google will argue endlessly with me. If you call them on it and prove them wrong they'll just keep going in an attempt to save face. Usually these people are the same ones with 25,000 posts under the same name on some forum where they're moderator/admin.

I've started using this and it works. Unfortunately, I don't see a lot of these people often enough or they don't have any useful skills/services to give me in return.

I'm not ignorant or degenerate you faggot. Fight me!

I'll pass.

I tend to see random people who stick to certain boards for a long period of time (Usually 10+ years) spout an attitude when you say something they don't agree with. I tend to never stay anywhere for a long period of time, with exception to the 'chans.

It just sounds like you're not a very assertive person. My folks know that when I speak to them about technology, that is gospel. All I really see here is a family with poor genetics, low IQ parents and meek children.

It's not just computers, there are people who simply cannot sit down and RTFM. My parents are both this way, but at least my mother has the humility to admit that she cannot RTFM, but she will keep the documentation in order. My father on the other hand is a total mess. Just the other day we were changing the tires on their car and he had bought a wrench where you can set a torque limit. The wrench comes with a manual because you have to take care how to activate it before use and how to store it when not in use. It's precision tool after all. Of course he has lost the manual, and we couldn't even find the manual of the car to look up the proper torque to set. I had a rough idea of the correct torque from the last time, so it was better than nothing I guess.

A thing both of them do when they buy some new device or appliance is hand me the manual and tell me to figure it out. What the fuck am I supposed to do? Read the entire manual and recite it to them? Most of the manual is for reference when you need it, you are not supposed to read it from cover to cover and know every answer off the top of your head.

I'm glad I don't own a smartphone, that way I can just feign ignorance when asked something and refer to my siblings.

You know how video games used to have this copy protection thing where you had to answer a question and the answer was somewhere in the manual? We should bring it back, but this time for everything. Got a new toaster? RTFM of you will have to eat your breakfast cold.

Comfortist mamas and papas have to die.
Kill your cucked parents.

Trust me, you van milk your parents like this.

This is the moment I bring out the hammer and they hide them again.

Of course, and if something doesn't work they always shift the blame on me.
That being said I'm a responsible adult and help them whenever I can without being autistic about it.
I know a guy just like you OP, he's so disgusting he probably was the cause of his parents divorcing.

What kind of beta male little bitch boy rants about his parents on an image board? Help them with their problem and stop whining about it. Your parents "never listen" because they don't respect you as a man. They know to tune you out because you're a whiny little woman and they have no time for your bullshit complaining. Instead of talking to you, your dad just wants you to fuck off so he can watch football instead. That's pretty sad mate.

And your parents feel humiliated that you're into nerd shit and don't want to toss a ball around. My parents aren't great, but you're not seeing it from their perspective. (That said, I don't have boomers as parents, and I probably curse them with my dying breath if I did.)

Don't help anyone who doesn't respect you, done.

I just say to people I have no idea how a computer works most of the time. In case someone sees my laptop I just say I'm hacked.

Either kys or him OP. Preferably yourself because why would you do this to yourself?

Your parents are ashamed of you. You're supposed to be into technology, but anytime they ask you anything you put up a big fuss. Because let's face it, you're actually not very bright when it comes to electronics, so you hide behind a TV-crafted stereotypical know-it-all edgy nerd veneer. Sure, you can hookup some cables, but you're just not very competent beyond fitting things together like LEGO. I suspect you're the type who likes to be known as "the tech guy", but cannot even implement simple protocols like SPI or I2C.

Your CIAnigger demoralization isn't working. Go glow somewhere else! :^)

Are you ok user? Who hurt you?

no u

My solution to that and more was to drop contact after moving out. Best decision of my life. Shit's peaceful and you get to spend time off and holidays with people you actually like.

OP status: rekt
This is some glow nigger tier deep cutting psychological warfare.

Attached: psyops.jpeg (602x629, 158.93K)

If you need some cathartic boomer bashing, this recent blog post by Vox Day and the following comments is good.
archive.is/s8bje

He's had other posts like that in the past, go look for them if you need more catharsis. Also, look up The Zman's blog post, 'The Coming Boomercide.'

I installed Linux with MATE for my parents and told them that this is the newest Windows. They've been happily using it for the past four years.

Actually, Its GNU/Linux... Linux is just the kernel ok?

Stallman, go home.

Change your phone number and don't tell them. Done.

This.
OP, you might not believe it but you caught the beta virus.

TOP KEK

Right in the feels, buddy boyo :(

I put Ubuntu on my parent's computer. Been working great for almost 6 years. NEVER let your parents use something as dangerous as Windows.

I would've told him off at the beginning before going through that. Woulda stated that if he can't trust me he can't have my help. I feel you on the ishit bricks though, that has happened to me a couple times before. Basically you have to issue an ultimatum like I said, either they trust you and don't nag, AND follow your instructions or you stop helping. That is the deal I made with mine and it works, seeing as they wanted to keep their free tech support.

Attached: Distasteful Disregard.gif (330x166, 2.1M)

boomers are the most entitled fucks, fuck them

youtube.com/watch?v=wDmS0Xag90Q

who raised him? that worthless sack of shit watching niggerball on tv. op should just dissasociate from his cancerous parents

Just phone cable company for them and order proper equipment. I know what youre doing, and that is listening to what your parent say, that repeat what cable people said, instead of doing what you should do.

I stopped helping my family with tech shit when my sister's router died after 2 years. She came over and destroyed my things because I recommended it.

Few years later she calls me for her own wifi password because she doesn't know it. I just hung up.

Don't help family with tech shit unless they pay you.

I work as a cable guy for Spectrum. Its my life. AMA

Oh you sweat, naive child...a couple of more years under your belt and you will be introduced to the betrayal from within that transforms every human life into a steadily worsening struggle. Starting at about in the middle of your 30s, you'll lose energy by simple changes of weather, followed by waking up in the middle of the night to take a piss. Sickness takes way longer to shake off, your joints act up, your lower back becomes a steady reminder, your food selection shrinks, falling asleep takes effort. At that point you're in your 50-60s when you'll meet your last stretch nemesis...arthritis. From then on out it's living for the few moments time isn't stealing away from you.

With all that in mind, plus all the memories and experiences you accumulated...do you really think you will give a flying fuck about some modern electronic thingumbob? Modern society are nothing but degenerate, hectic morons in the eyes of the aging demography. You'll soon find that out for yourself.

no, noone ever talks to me

Half of the things you mentioned stem from shit diet and shit lifestyle, including arthritis. Even at 50 or 60. I know because I've been there.
Although if you've gotten that far without realizing that you've been living wrong, it's probably too late for you.

Best of luck next time.

Even your parents probably aren't worth it.

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA512

Fuck yes oh my God. It's made so much worse by autistic ass cable providers and isps.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
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=/iJb
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

>gpg: data source: 192.146.137.99:11371

Lay off the corn syrup and you won't have boomer-brain

Yeah and be sure to phrase it exactly like that, as pajeet and gormlessly as possible.

Still recruiting, Mr. NSA?

I can't be the only one here whose family is genuinely very appreciative and thankful when I help them out with something, right?

Most of my adult family members usually pays me as a way to say thank you, while the few who don't still appreciate it.
The only family member whom I don't like to help is my mother, as she literally thinks everything that is free or cheap is illegal and therefore I can't really help.

OP, I truly feel you. I also once hated my stupid parents. Then I discovered Kekistan. Kekistan is the beautiful nation of the Truly Free Individuals. Become a Kekistani today. I became Kekistani and my mother is no more. Shadilay!

Attached: 1421473647269[1].gif (200x254, 1.37M)

Yeah i'm sick of it.

Why can't tor users post in the ypa section?

I fucking hate this site for attracting bottom of the barrel single digit IQ mouth breathing mongoloid retards like you

You should've told her to pay for the stuff she destroyed. Then when she does: stop talking to her. No need to go broke over an excommunication.

I registered that post as obvious bait for OP, why didn't you?

most families are extremely dysfunctional

Animeme is for faggots, dude.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-11-29 r anime(1).png (580x493, 633.26K)

this, only leddit and npcs like anime

Feels good to be a stupid fucking idiot and so never having to experience these troubles.

No i don't feel the same way. It's called a family favor, you help other people near you out and it will(if they are good people) be reciprocal and they will help you back. Take care of your family and contribute if they're not literal scum. If they are scum and you never expect them to ever help with with anything then you can still help them but ask a favor for a favor of same value right there which can be whatever.

I've experienced this, but not your situation because I'm an assertive person. Don't let people walk over you because they are retarded and cannot and are unwilling follow basic instructions, you should have told them to fucking listen closely. If they do not listen and you have made it clear to them(passwords, adresses that they should store and bookmark) on notes then none if it is your fault. It's their fault.

And always make it clear by demonstration that you have solved their problem when you do. They will know that it is their problem from thereon out.

Attached: orangutang nerd.png (391x319, 241.64K)

Been on chans for longer than I'd like to admit. Never once have I posted anime, feels good.

And:

The moral of the story is don't do it. Don't help your family with tech. They have no shame. They don't care because they can't understand how painful things are and don't believe you when you tell them.

I just let is spread through the grapevine on both sides of my family that they should never contact me unless they're tired of living and want to borrow my pump action retirement plan. I persistently remind them of how badly they'd individually fucked me over in my life, and now it's been about five months since I've spoken with any of the family members that I genuinely like.

you're all a bunch of fucking pussies
Spend time with your family no matter what, because once they pass away you'll be crying like a bitch for beeing such an asshole

Buy all your Christmas gifts with stolen gift cards! cww3ggjgpw56wter.onion

My ex would always ask me to torrent tv shows and video editing software for her, even though i showed her how to torrent like 12 times

Reads like my sister, until I told her she won't get internet access until she learns it right.
Sometimes good motivations bring the best out of people.
Too bad girlfriends can easily walkout on you. Nothing like good old sibling discipline.

my ex admitted after we broke up that she did know how to torrent, she was just being lazy

Ah, she likes it when you show her the way, and does things for her.
Yeah, humans are evolved this way, optimizing ways to be lazy. But nothing like a good motivation to keep them in check to be cooperative.

I don't understand this at all. Why did they do that? What the hell was the point?
Next time, explain loudly and slowly with small words, "no sports cable means no sports on TV", surely he's got to understand.

No, my parents aren't like this at all, so it always blows my mind that there are people like this out there.

Autistic people don't understand sarcasm, satire, rhetorical questions, tsundere, bait, analogies or shitposts.
Zig Forums has a lot of autistic people.

Attached: autism.png (778x629, 159.4K)

Hey OP
The way I fixed stuff was:
1) Tell parent prices of the services I've been doing for free.
2) Got yelled at for being a dirty bastard/liar.
3) Said: Ok. If you think that someone else will do shit better than me, go pay for service.
4) Parent called and asked for service. Was told it costs 1.5 k / day / 1 person
5) Parent now doesn't tell me stupid crap and lets me fix the OS, DB, ..., conf. I'm pissed because I got more work.

What is there even to know about torrents? You install a torrent client, download the torrent file, double-click it and the clients does everything on its own. It takes longer to ask for a person to sit down in front of the machine than it would take to just do it yourself.

Why pay the cable company and not pirate it? who in his right mind pays for fucking sportsball?

Searching for files on non DHT clients is still difficult without an indexer. The work is thankless at times. I can tell why loved to lie about doing the searching, downloading and file check.
My partner is honest: "Do it for me please, I'll give you a BJ if you do~"

"It's pretty simple, click the big shiny WiFi button that the KDE devs have made pretty obvious and type the password"
I come down and he's been pressing buttons on the router

1.5k what? Rupees? We can smell you, pajeet.

1.5k Euros. I can do some interesting things ^_^

Imagine being your mom's own paypig

yeah I had the same stuff. I just stopped being a pushover, you know. Just say what you'd rather do, like cook a dinner together. Or go at it with little effort, according to your motivation. Get to a point at which you'd have to do something tedious like research a function and say "I don't know". You can always say that yes, although you are smart, you don't know that particular thing. I for my part always stayed out of TV stuff because I hate TV and don't WANT to understand it. Boomers did it themselves and never asked me, because I would just say: 'I don't know either'.
And others can see whether they can change your mind. When they know they can get you to do it, they will pressure you more and risk conflict. Change in how they see you will, WILL cause conflict. Own it. Don't be a pushover.

I actually prefer to do this kind of work when I'm with family. Because then I can focus on that instead of talking to them.

I'll just leave this here
sorry not sorry

Attached: Ultirage.jpg (1795x709, 1.14M)

They take advantage of you because you are goodie two shoes, or at least were in the past.

I suggest you have a smug attitude about it.

I got angry just looking at the thumbnail.

in my own logic

you got beta people: the true npcs of game of life, they are helpless and god damn hair pulling common

then you got alpha people: almost the phrase god helps those who help themselves, education is achieved not received

Feels good knowing my parents weren't techlits.

Attached: 1542071483.jpg (620x515, 58.77K)

My solution was to move away with my partner across the city away and rarely speak to them because they honestly don't influence my day to day at all. Before that, I'd get asked to fix stuff all the time at work and I'd charge them if it wasn't a work system. The ones who actually were worth something paid up- I'd charge them the cost of my lunch-time.

This.

This story as a major hole
how did his sister have the password to his personal laptop in the first place ?

Good made up story anyway

Either your "partner" is male, or a whore.