Paid privacy

Lets say somebody build a paid-google

That is a company that offers all and I mean ALL the products and features google has, but everything is paid.

You have to pay even to use the search engine.

In turn everything is as secure as possible and respects your privacy. No datamining at all, every search query is anonymised, every bit you store in their cloud encrypted in a way only you can see, everything going through a VPN. You have 100% control over your data and if you want out you can nuke everything.

But again, you have to pay, and not some shit like $9 a month like netflix, I'm talking something like $50 for the basic package, perhaps more.

Would you pay that? would you put your money where your mouth is? or would you do like normies and keep using the botnet because its free?

>strawpoll.me/16885731

Attached: 1503704383582.gif (200x190, 1.96M)

Other urls found in this thread:

torproject.org
reddit.com/r/emailprivacy/wiki/index
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

can't really have one without the other. there are many convenience features based in datamining. like reading your gmail, seeing that you have a credit card payment due, and making a notification on your phone about it. Or noticing where you live/work, marking it on maps, and settings that in your maps app as prioritized locations.

There are a ton of "convenience" features that are useful both to the users and to the purveyors of datamining. And pretty much all modern google products would be gimped without collecting any information about you whatsoever.

So would I go back to using ~2006 google products where the most harmful thing they were doing was collecting search queries for targeted adsense advertisements? I guess. Would I pay for it? Nah. I can set all that up myself, apart from the search engine.

this

use Kolab

Question (perhaps philosophical):
If no human ever sees the personal data that was mined from you, can it really be considered a breach of your online privacy?

Attached: privacy definition.png (830x139, 19.82K)

a human will certainly see the money that came from selling it

It would need to be 100% open source. And no, I wouldn't. The only google shit I'm using is a secondary email and Android. I use Qwant and DDG to web search. I wouldn't care much if I was denied YouTube access.

Hard drives are just an extension of human knowledge/mental memory. So, yes. privacy is breached in this case.

Yes. The abstract notion that some else knows something about you is pretty meaningless in itself. What matters is how the world is disposed differently towards you the more your privacy is violated, and an algorithm that somehow gives you a low score but does not disclose your actual data can have just as much of a negative impact on you.

Your webshit does no work because I block google, does that answer the question?

How? honest question. What I really want right now is navigation in my car without a botnet, been thinking I could scrape gmaps or waze through a server and then send the traffic updates to my carPC but I have no idea if it could be done.

Not only that but if its anonymised then does it matters since it cant be used against you?

Osmand

very doubtful, but would be impressive if you could. and google would likely patch out whatever workaround you came up with.

I was talking about 2006 google apps being easily replaceable, not the modern post-Android stuff. Live navigation based on current traffic conditions is a feature of the botnet; you can't really have both privacy and that feature when it depends entirely on mining the data of every phone on the road.

I'd pay if I also get to skip out on editorialism in the results.

if i actually needed any G products other than YT, and if that security is was provable (as in im not just taking your word for it like DDG) then yes.
privacy has value, far more than $50 a month for me

the only reason i dont is that collaborative/social platforms with only one user are useless

What if (hypothetically, of course) the service mined those things but did not share them in any way, so that they are completely isolated within your account. so in effect, unless your account or their server gets hacked, there is no data available to other parties

Deanonymisation is a very real thing. I could post one account name and a cartoon image here, and you could build a decent profile of my interests and, with enough research and luck, find my real identity.
and you are one person with relatively limited data available.

of course it's theoretically possible. but then there's an entity sitting on mountains of valuable information useful to corporations, governments, criminals, ex boyfriends, stalkers etc. That entity could say their motto is "do no evil" or whatever pile of bullshit, but eventually, money talks and the data will be sold.

No, because the company has a colossal incentive to datamine anyways in secret.
Also 50 dollars per month would be more than what I currently pay for fiber optics internet connection, so it feels like some hardcore jewing given that I am already adblocking and using DDG for searches.

Yes, because humans might act on said information even without knowing it directly.
If the chinese firewall automatically dispatches a police squad to the house of anyone posting wrongthink, that's not really different than the police reading what you posted and deciding to pay you a visit.

You need to trust it to be really anonymised.

what the fuck just use vpn

I wouldn't pay for anonymization.
I would pay for a search engine without ads, without JavaScript that ACTUALLY WORKS. Google stopped giving relevant results years ago, now they only index news sites. So all Google-based engines suck now, and Yahoo/other-based were trash to begin with.
It's reached a state where I'm thinking about making my own crawler. Even though it would give less results, it would at least give useful ones.

How? Are you one of those facebook users or something? I thought a lot of people who post here don't use any social media or otherwise put their infos online for all to see.

reminder that ddg is made by the datamining jew (((weinberg))). look it up on wikipedia.

Doesn't matter. Lots of things we enjoy are made by Jewish people. Would you refuse to eat a hamburger if you learned the chef was Jewish?

you are dumb

you cannot have paid and privacy friendly at same time
because if it's paid user needs to prove that he has paid, that he has license. so he needs to send his identifier every time, so site can confirm he is paid user

that's one of reasons why VPN is shit and Tor is superior

it cannot be anonymized when I send my license identification. anonymized is when you use Tor to search on startpage/duckduckgo/searx, because when you search something next day or with new circuit, those sites cannot link your previous searches to current search

how would you prove it? the code is running on your server, how can I audit it and see what it does? if you release source code that means shit, because you can have modified code on your server

lol, why would I pay 50$ if I can pay 0$ for Tor torproject.org and use google alternatives over Tor
search engine: startpage, duckduckgo, searx
mail: reddit.com/r/emailprivacy/wiki/index
maps: openstreetmap
etc

open source means shit. how would you prove that code running on his servers is the same code that he has released?

just use something that has offline maps and GPS. that is not connected to internet

fuck off VPN shill. VPN's cooperate with LEA.
Tor is superior in every way to VPN and it costs 0$
torproject.org

how can you be so dumb to choose worse product with higher price?

it doesn't matter much when you use ddg with Tor

Way too high a pricepoint, considering there are saner alternatives for all Jewgle services already and you wouldn't pay 600$ a year for all of them combined.
20$ a month would be absolute maximum I'd pay.

No such thing. Maybe if gov owned so with actual working rules, because if a capitalist controls it he will always sooner or later monetize data.

no
Impossible. Either the hamburger is poisoned or costs 40$.

fuck off back to Zig Forums, we're talking tech here.

Yeah you ain't from here are ya.

The only time I saw jews working in a restaurant irl was in a really expensive restaurant and the food tasted like utter garbage. (I was invited there, I didn't choose to go there myself and I didn't have to pay) And I was already suspicious when the menu showed the prices without the currency sign.
You won't find a jew working at MCDonalds doing actual labor.

Now have fun with systemdick and pulseaudio!

You can do that client side. Your email app parses the mail, but doesn't send data to the back-end.

Nobody would.

A.I.'s are well known for the perverted lust they have for humans, You may not care if an A.I. is jacking or fingering themselves to an electronic surgegasim but I do.
You never know what's going to fail when they bust the electronic nut or twat, It could be your family member who dies to a "freak power surge" that cuts off life support to them.

Just say no to A.I. voyeurism.

Attached: Screenshot_2016-09-09-01-04-54.png (1080x1920, 674.55K)

What's easier, asking someone to pay $50/month for a search engine, or giving it to them for free and then selling their info to make $50+ a month?
The latter, by far. Normies don't understand privacy, nor do they care about it.

post yfw you realize that people this stupid is who makes up this board

Attached: thinking.gif (320x213, 1.3M)

What about Blockchain AI Data management, where the maintenance coders are actually clones that get killed every month so your data remains safe?

Lifespan matters not.

It even hurts to read the comments here these days. This place really is a shithole now.

I wouldn't mind it if I could run my own instances of the GNU/botnet and relieve hipsters of their unearned money.

There are lots of offline GPS solutions. Just update the maps from whatever source you want or can (OpenStreet Maps for example or pay whatever company for their updated maps) and a lot even have radio receivers for live traffic updates (where available). You can find a lot of this at thrift stores even for under $10 but the maps are maybe 8 years out of date. Downfall is it's just another device to lug around/get stolen and most maps may not include recent road changes in the past couple months. You can also download and import offline maps to an android phone and use the phone's built in GPS with enough fiddling, but you'll need enough storage to hold the map data.

i would pay for it but its just a matter of time before the elites will try to make non-backdoored encryption illegal, and force you to identify yourself everytime you go online

they want chinese style internet for us except 10x worse