Code of Cuckery

I have a question. Why exactly do CoCs mean anything? Who enforces them? If wanted to submit some code to a project with a function named niggerfaggot(), who would delete it? Would I be banned? I don't understand how a CoC effectively means anything for a opensource software project. It's just an arbitrary set of rules that people must agree upon for it to be worth anything. If no one does, why does it even matter? It seems completely unenforceable and laughable. When the CoC was submitted for Linux, why didn't people just say "nah, fuck off"?

Attached: 8f35c1c72c037b3742519bc39f0834e07d88fe477dcf5385f20ba085483a4293.jpg (960x540, 54.71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/nigger
en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/faggot
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

people might not want to join your project then

Would get you removed from github. Nothing stopping you from hosting that on your own site, but you might not get many contributors willing to associate with you.

Some did, but Linus shoved it down their throats. The enforcement will entail some sort of anti-hate tribunal (The Coraline bloke wants to run those) which will convene should anyone be accused of heresy against the cult of PC; ultimately it will result in the truth-teller's expulsion. The punishment is just group exclusion, which might be quite severe to a person who has say spent 10 years of their life developing Linux for free.

When the CoC was submitted for Linux, why didn't people just say "nah, fuck off"?
Because linux is a foundation that comprises of serveral hundred corperations?
Those very corperations have controlled linux for years now. The people who work on Linux have very little say in matters like this.

ftfy

Linus had to sign off on it though, he still controlled the source tree at that point, did he not?

redpilled as fuck questions. most normies can't even conceive of these things.

Before code of conduct was invented all projects had to accept this patch and there was nothing they could do.

Let's just say this: CoC doesn't mean what it is purported to mean. There might be some rough explanation about how it's a list of behavior guidelines.. This is not what it's about.

Saying this would not stop it from happening, people are powerless against the forces injecting these things. Secondly, saying this would expose someone for punishment and harassment. People who understand things happening are scared to say what they think.

It's a written excuse to ban anyone who doesn't subscribe to marxist groupthink from the project.

So what though? Do you really want people in your project who would be offended by anything non-PC? I can see being polite and not being deliberately offensive, obviously, but CoCs mandate far more that just "politeness".

Exactly. My question goes double for that. If Red Hat or Intel publishes a fix for a major bug or adds an essential feature, but the submitter used "incorrect pronouns" or called someone a trannynigger, is that patch really going to be rejected? How can that possibly be justified? Why would anyone risk alienating highly-skilled developers, many of whom donate their time to enforce a CoC?

You can ban people, but can't you just host patches elsewhere? Can't other people merge them with mainline? This all seems absolutely pointless and unenforceable. It just pisses people off and fractures the community and in the end you've accomplished nothing. What's the point? To force people to behave a certain way? It's just going to make people do the opposite.

I don't think I would join a project that is intentionally filled with racism. It prevents me from taking it seriously. Then again, to ward (((them))) off, you'd need some kind of offensiveness. It's a paradox tbh.

At the end of the day, most people just want their ideology to be enforced everywhere, and conveniently silence those who oppose them instead of trying to present their case on a fair argument. This is a pretty common practice among people who falsely assume that they somehow unlocked the secrets of the Nirvana or some bullshit like that and anyone who disagrees with them must be burned alive. This characteristic, however opposite they might seem at the first glance, is shared among both Nazis and SJWs.

Feels good to be a centrist, fuckers.

t. radical centrist that wants to kill all extremists

I think in time we will see it just so happens that all the people called out for CoC violations will be contributors who refused to merge code from RH, MS, Intel, Google, etc. Most likely pertaining to encryption, DRM, networking, etc. A half-hearted attempt has already been made against Theo Ts'o for refusing to merge Intel's random number generator, which was later discovered to include an NSA backdoor.

I would tell you to fuck off with nigger-like names for functions, changed the name of function to something that doesn't let you think of lowly niggers and that's it. As long as the code isn't shit like the naming you use, I donẗ care.

It's a convenient excuse to kick out developers without really exposing the real reason. See pic for example.

Attached: Theodore Ts'o vs. Intel.png (2328x1500, 221.53K)

I'm sure it feels just wonderful not to have any sensibilities and buy into the false dichotomy of modern political ideologies.

That's the beauty of it: after the goyim take the CoC the infiltrators can ban anything, it isn't limited to racism and doesn't even require fake rape accusations. Remember how Debian used this tactic against weboob? It isn't racist and the name is no more offensive than "finger", all it takes is not being marxist enough and you're a target for these trannies. Give it some years and they'll have removed most key people for being born White males, replacing them with stooges. Free software will go back to being irrelevant, something only used by a few trannies and their nerd slaves.

Attached: coc-beacon.jpg (753x638, 199.31K)

To be fair, without a CoC, niggerfaggot() as a function name wouldn't indicate what it does, and by that would've been renamed if your patch was actually useful enough to be accepted.

I do agree that things like etiquette rules don't have a place in a software project's repository.

From: Sam Vilain Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2011 00:39:04 +1300On 31/01/11 21:13, Russell Stuart wrote:> Thirdly, from what I could tell Geek Feminism policy wasn't just about> stopping harassment. It was also about forcing open source conferences> to adopt the Geek Feminist view on what harassment is.There is one thing I noticed at this LCA that I haven't noticed before.The Unicorns were there, and they were there in force.And I feel that has to be a good thing.If adopting Geek Feminism guidelines is partially responsible for that,then I think that's great. I've read a large chunk of the site and Idon't think any of it is unreasonable. It certainly made me think alot. And what is feminism but support for changes towards gender equality?In any case I think the best forum for this will be with the Ballaratorganizers, in their discussion meetings and surely not this list. Ihope that they continue to adopt geek feminism guidelines next year.Perhaps these could be clarified, though I'm not sure that if the ruleswere more explicit that it would have prevented an "edgy" speaker likethis from breaking them.

chink was probably installing backdoors for china anyway

Code of Conduct.
Like any religion or cult, nice words are always more attractive than negative words.
What people fail to understand, since they don't often think about who has power and what does that power enables, is that CoCs aren't above the law and even if the law is a thing people still have the freedom to choose to follow it or not.
-Someone who as administrative power over a project, guides it.
-A selected/elected group of people voting have administrative power over a project, they guide it.
Both of these two points have the same problem, that cannot be mitigated by any means, which is that they can be bribed, manipulated, menaced, biased and many more unethical actions and behavior.
These cannot be mitigated on a group level via rules because it's a inherently human problem on the shoulder of the individual. These aren't exclusive to free software communities but to all kind of groups, countries, tribes etc... Such problems were known and witnessed over the centuries.

The people who have the administrative power.
en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/nigger
Because the definition of nigger is a pejorative term. If you were joking then see poe's law about it. If you insist in a spam like or troll like behavior then you'll probably get warnings before being removed from the project. The spam like or Troll like behavior is to be judged and interpreted by the responsible.
en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/faggot
Because the definition of faggot is a pejorative term. If you were joking then see poe's law about it. If you insist in a spam like or troll like behavior then you'll probably get warnings before being removed from the project. The spam like or Troll like behavior is to be judged and interpreted by the responsible.

Just like the law. Rules are meant to let people enable their constructiveness and be happy. When I say people it does not necessarily mean the people of a nation, it also could be a small group of people.

Like any unjust or just laws it feasible to enforce them.
Like any unjust or just laws it feasible to laugh about them.

I do not need a Code of Conduct because I know how to behave. People do not need Code of Conducts because they need to learn by themselves. People do not need Code of Conducts because they are often used as a justification for tyrannical and unjust behavior towards other members which also normalize the said unethical behavior. Tyrannical and unjust behavior towards other members will always exist even without CoC the difference is that without a CoC it won't normalize and justify such behavior.

kek

The only problems I have with your function name are:

1) You should write either nigger_faggot or niggerFaggot according to what is the standard word separation indicator policy of the language.

2) Unless the function somehow steals the user's bike and gives him AIDS I doubt the game would be descriptive.

If, on the other hand you just happen to have cursed in your comments because, for example, you were fixing a bug made by a nigger and a faggot I don't see much of a problem.

*GRIDS

And just like that I have to enter a fucking shitpost to discover a good idea that was kept hidden from me by marxists

Some of the botnets over the last year or so have had variables and functions named things like nigger. I've found it on Github. I think those are posted by malware analysts and they are left unedited for posterity.

I guess it's at the discretion of the blue hairs to interpret the context and github acts according to the degree of their meltdown.

the ZOG is retarding our people, and making them gender dysphoric, so they can weaponize retards and trannies against the society that wishes they were healthy. they are forcing mental illness to be called "normal" so that anybody who tries to help them is "hateful" and should be shunned, so the weaponized covert civil war between the body and cancer can continue unchecked until the host dies and can be replaced by the ZOG's necromancy.