sam.zeloof.xyz/category/semiconductor/

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/BzPau
archive.fo/yjnU2
archive.fo/Hek5W
archive.fo/2CbV6
archive.fo/IxVFO
megaprocessor.com/index.html
zigforums.com/thread/1037572/technology/reminder-that-you-can-manufacture-your-own-cpu.html
youtube.com/watch?v=23fTB3hG5cA&list=PL9S58HV89WaDmeejxTenflLmrZ_N6jJTo&index=16&t=0s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Cool. Just let me ask my mom to buy me a mask aligner.

lol poorfag

Would a super primitive CPU be botnetted? They still make the Z-80 series of chips as used in the ZX Spectrum. If people can access parts of the internet using C64's then an internet capable Z180 machine is certainly doable. I'm figuring since these chips were meant to be embedded ZOG wouldn't bother backdooring them because they wouldn't be predicting any real notable usage.

You can also make a CPU out of solid state components, but again you're at $50k+ if you don't find a way to scavenge the bulk of it.

Why not make everything yourself user? The lathe, mill, wire bonding machine, and test equipment have schematics and guides online that result in a better product for a much less expensive cost. The microscope can be bought on the cheap along with the furnace. I didn't even search for how to make the furnace, microscope, or mask aligner. But I am sure its possible to make those yourself too.

Zig Forums opens it's own non-botnetted chipfab

If you rape and enslave your mom, she will buy you them!

nothing will happen beyond the production of a single logo

no, the entire internet, just don't use a piece of shit like firecuck

Precision is expensive. Sure those tools seem primitive enough but now do same thing with 0.000001 mm tolerances. Then there is also problem with time. You would be long dead before you've made all your tools to make an IC.
Maybe if you only account for raw materials and even that is expensive if you don't buy in bulk. There might be schematics available, but most software is proprietary. You're basically limited to 80s technology. Schematics also tell you absolutely nothing about the layout which becomes very important at high frequencies for example. Old components also got discontinued so you can't get them anymore, there isn't always a replacement available. Newer test gear is full of custom ASICs and FPGAs so you don't have a choice but to start from square one.

Hence making everything yourself, starting from square one and opensourcing your efforts or using the collective open sourcing of others efforts so that collaberation can be made anonymously and privately. That and the only things in that list that need percision are the mask aligner, the microscope, the test equipment/oscliscope, and the mill. Here some stuff to get you started since that's what this thread is going to be then.

Yea, why not?

Attached: f2baaf7119308d92ab69a67a0266380185ee4afeff9de41e21464ee38c82100d.jpg (362x400, 24.51K)

Attached: 00f27b2fad6aa412a34836cd439b6c8801a231d75eaa094f0278b97ea7270607.png (330x362, 15.33K)

I don't think you've ever read a single scientific paper. You have absolutely no clue about the scope of the work you're blabbering about or how long it would take. You're completely clueless and are at the very peak of the Dunnig-Kruger curve. Congrats user, you've made it.

You have to triage. A little paranoia is good, but too much will kill you. For example, no TLA is going to backdoor a precision mill on the off chance that someone will use it to fab a CPU. It is simply infeasible.

The key to security, so I am told, is modular components/routines that are completely self-contained and do not trust the input of any other modules/routines.

archive.fo/BzPau - oscliscope links with varying sample rates
archive.fo/yjnU2 - tube furnace
archive.fo/Hek5W - plebbit tube furnace
archive.fo/2CbV6 archive.fo/IxVFO - electron microscope resolving up to 0.00000000001m
I couldn't find anything on wire bonding machines, mask aligners, and more percise microscopy then 0.00000000001m.

Then enlighten me. What is the scope and how long would it take? I found all this stuff and read through it just because I was bored for 15 minutes. Why don't you in all your knowledge enlighten me on how to fabricate a proccessor, or its tools.

Attached: 4247122a60030be6e6f6860a9d201dea8582b8c07b88e60f24af949de847eea8.png (800x404, 61.08K)

You just admitted that you've spent a total of 15 minutes doing research. I never made any claims about knowing anything about CPU manufacture. But I do recognize that what you're trying to do is recreate an industry with hundreds of thousands of people that have actually been working in the industry every single day for at least the past hundred years, in your basement, for free.

Then why not learn more yourself so you can contribute instead of shitpost?

Like every chip is manufactured in a country where the botnet directly controls peoples lives.

It's like Breaking Bad but with more autism.

Attached: 52008ad4eab8ea5564000024-750-562.jpg (750x562, 82.84K)

Because I can't take any project seriously without a serious logo.

I just started teaching myself Verilog, I'm gonna install Icarus later and try and figure a bunch of sample programs out.

If there was no reason not to, you would have already.

Just replicate this megaprocessor.com/index.html

Well user, the answer is yes because china/taiwan. Every IC and package comes from there as they have all the modern methods and tools outside of speciality shops like..... what this thread is turning into. Also found a guide on a mask aligner that is 7,500$ USD but the cost will be reduced since you do all the machining yourself and the two digital microscope inside it will need to be made and not bought since the ones the pdf use are propritary software. So its actually way less then 7,500$ USD.

What about optical maskless lithography? I realise it can only do 50 nanometers but could that be enough for a Z80-level chip?

Holy shit in google fooing for wire bonding machines this turned up zigforums.com/thread/1037572/technology/reminder-that-you-can-manufacture-your-own-cpu.html which is just a clone of this thread. Good thing I am behind seven proxies.

There are test features as small as 2μm on OP's fab design so no.

hownew.ru

I really don't think they'd bother to botnet/backdoor a chip that is used in, what, mid-end calculators now? If they hadn't bothered doing it to the Intel chips until less than 20 years ago there just can't be much incentive. As well you've got some functionality limitations that would make it difficult to get it to do something useful, and if the machine around it is custom-built it makes it harder for their sneeki-breeki antics to work with the rest of your system.

How much does it cost to have chinks fabricate a design for you?

Do you trust chinks not to backdoor your chip for huwiee? Do you trust them not to add a debug modules that act as botnet to be sent to marketers too? I wouldn't if I were you.

Does the z80 accept interference being held next to a microwave of any wavelength? Yes? Then its fucking botnet. Does the z80 have debugging hardware access ports on chip? Yes? Then its fucking botnet.

How many old powerPC cpus would need to run to output decent processing?

No point in trying to escape then.

Anyone can manufacture their own CPU, but first they must invent the universe.

in my experience verilator is less of a meme than icarus.

Got it, thanks

Here's a talk Zeloof gave, he explains all the tools he needed to build or buy
youtube.com/watch?v=23fTB3hG5cA&list=PL9S58HV89WaDmeejxTenflLmrZ_N6jJTo&index=16&t=0s

I think if we want to democratise CPU manufacturing we need to start by democratising the tools. I'm sure these these things have more applications than just IC fabrication right?

Congrats, you just reinvented communism. I ain't even mad.

Is it still communism if I buy the means of production.

Question: If I make an electron gun will I get cancer/how do I shield it so I don't die

In communism, nobody is allowed for private ownership of the means of production as the means of production is owned/shared by everybody. The idea here is not communism because people are allowed private ownership of the means of production. The idea is to make the private means of production available to any random person without the normal huge cost of production. That isn't the same as communism.

Of course it's possible. What's not possible is to manufacture a CPU that's more powerful than a Gameboy. You'll need millions to fabricate more powerful CPU.

Well the more people make stuff the better it gets. Besides, even a basic CPU can accomplish alot.

I'm not sure how much better you can produce a CPU even with many interested people all producing a trivial grade of CPU. It's certainly a good thing that there is knowledge about the process of manufacturing as well as the design of the CPU. The problem is that upgrading from the trivial level into a higher level requires a significant increase in manufacturing skill and tools. Increasing the level of the CPU is something that is beyond the ability of a one or two person manufacturing team can achieve.

GIVE ME YOUR SHEKELS

Attached: 1_xKLhYM6mBSx5RjaH_kXm0Q.jpeg (1280x960, 287.75K)