Planetary USB C at stake in one hour

apple.com/apple-events/livestream/

This time every year Tim Cook comes out of his hole in scilicon valley. The myth goes that if he shakes his wallet the entire planet will get usb c. Otherwise its two more years of winter.

Attached: osidjfosdijfsdojf.jpg (660x449, 76.63K)

Let me know if he says the n word otherwise I'm not interested

You mean now or in 4 minutes?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I'm out. This is gay.

Wonder what bullshit they've invented.

Toaster that requires registering to apple service so you can start toasting with a button on your phone!

Ok enough brainwashing for today. Let me know if something will be more dystopian than usual.

Die.

What's so good about usb c?

I don't even think it was even mentioned.
It's faster but INCOMPATIBLE. I always just just used USB for peripherals and I think that's what most people did.
I don't see the point.

They announced an Apple credit card.

The USB C port is 3 dimensional instead of the 4 dimensional current USB A port that has to be rotated 180 degrees 2 times to insert into a socket.

Who the fuck is Tim Cook and what does he have to do with Apple? It would be a great name for a chef. Last time I paid attention, Steve Jobs was still in a coffin and it was still great.

I seem to remember reading that using the wrong cable can destroy your device. That sounds great. Also, they want to use this shit for absolutely everything and get rid of the convenience of having different ports for different things, because being able to easily tell what is what is way too convenient for the stone age of computing that we're living in. It was also designed for shit phones because they are too thin for normal USB, so again, cheap garbage phones are dragging the desktop down. They killed software design and quality, and the web at the same time, and now USB, because that's what the nigger monkeys want so it makes money.

The only good thing about it, as far as I know. And of course, we couldn't change the shape of the fucking plug without destroying the current standard. Well, except that the B and C plugs already solve this problem.

Have you been in a coma since 2011? I'm not even an applefag and I know.
Jobs is dead.
"I'm not glad he's dead, but I'm glad he's gone."
~ Richard Stallman

I don't know famous people, no idea who they are whenever people mention them. The only famous people stuff I know is that famous guy Trump was elected after Steve Jobs and Michael Jackson died after 9/11. Heard that name before and just assumed that he's another actor that I don't know. Tim Cook sounds like someone that has been in a bunch of shit American movies that I don't watch. I am too pure to know this stuff, I just watch anime and masturbate to anime and complain about computers, and actively avoid knowing about Apple because they went from expensive shit that I couldn't have to just shit I don't want to have.

Because he can't continue to have cancer and suffer more for his crimes against software if he's dead. I know what you're thinking, Stallman.

They instead announced /tv/ shit

Also "we want the disgruntled jewgle news audience" and a new AirPod model

That is extremely inconvenient, because you need to keep 50 different kinds of cables and adapters handy. Moreover, it's not always how things used to be, with connectors such as mini-DIN-8 reused for everything from mice and keyboards to video and audio in 1980s computers.
USB-C is capable of full USB 3.2 Super-Speed, as well as 20V 100W power delivery, just like A/B connectors.
You mean A & B plugs? Having separate A & B plugs was yet another pointless, retarded Intel-ism.

As much as I dislike pretty much everything nuApple does, USB-C is a genuinely good thing that brings the dumpsterfire of USB closer to what it should've and could've been from day 1.

Attached: Gamelinkcablecomparison.jpg (2809x1192, 1.26M)

Everyone uses A-plugs for everything these days. That's exactly why USB-C is just another incompatible standard.

Except now it can be inserted upside-down. Admittedly, that wouldn't be such a big deal if USB-A had an asymmetrical shroud, but it didn't.

Now we just have to gradually work our way down the rest of USB's flaws:
Incorporating features from Thunderbolt (note, Thunderbolt is steaming garbage for a variety of reasons, most notably its unnecessary use of "active" cables) will hopefully fix more of these.

Applel is gay

But goy, our patented AppleChip(tm) in every cable ensures your safety!

God damn you're a stupid. Kike not the brightest lentil in the soup are ya?
USB C is a connector, USB 3.1 is the protocol standard. Anyone can use any chip for communication with the USB. It's entirely vendor choice. Chances are even Apple doesn't even use their own firmware for USB.

USB-C actually does use a very small chip inside the cable, but it's a simple passive unit that just tells other devices about the cable's capabilities, and doesn't contribute basically anything to the price of cables. Thunderbolt, on the other hand, places a large number of sophisticated powered components (signal boost, skew correction, etc.) that would normally reside in the device in the cable, which increases the price of Thunderbolt cables to over 10x that of a comparable passive mDP cable.

As I said, Thunderbolt is garbage for too many reasons for me to list here, but it has a lot of features (daisy chaining, native bus bridging) that might be implemented better in USB 4.

Attached: CableThunderbolt3_ifixit.jpg (640x360, 69.24K)

Is this newspeak for it sends a UUID?

HAPAS ARE SUPERIOR TO WHITES

The Semitic influence is strong with this one.

This is a slide thread. SAGE AND REPORT

Lots of shills in this thread.