How do I connect to a SOCKS proxy from C++?

How do I connect to a SOCKS proxy from C++?
I need it for Tor hidden service shenanigans.

Attached: ___.jpg (1200x1055, 894.74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1928
github.com/NuclearC/socks5-cpp
stackoverflow.com/a/15661226
stretto-editor.github.io
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The spec isn't very long, and it's very readable. Create packets of the necessary format, and make the requisite send system call. The same way you'd do it in C.
tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1928

github.com/NuclearC/socks5-cpp
you're welcome

Oh, lol. I had already seen that page, I just got threw off by the "server" word in the description and thought it was a SOCKS server.

Why would you spoonfeed the nigger? Let him read the spec.

Because c/c++ retards should not be rewritting everything from scratch every fucking time like everyone seems to think is a normal.

Just what the world needs. Another shit programmer who can only accomplish simple socket code by using someone else's library. Next time stick to advising people in Java threads, all you did is Google for a library and say you're welcome.

I saved the world from one more dumbass implementation. Last thing we need is more broken implementations of trivial algorithms / protocols because c faggots think rewriting sort is a good idea.

Damn, /g/ sure is a very toxic environment nowadays isn't it.

That's what he said. Why are you repeating it?

unbased

It's better just to push retards like that towards python. If he's not comfortable with a simple wrapper protocol, how many other things is he fucking up in C++?

Probably a good idea.

hey op try python

Right here OP, just smash that SO link like the rockstar you are.
stackoverflow.com/a/15661226

Sorry, I don't touch any language that doesn't give me an assembly output.

It's true though. At least people can see it's just a wooden bridge and make a determination whether to cross it themselves. I'm far more terrified of steel/concrete bridge that tries to pass itself off as the work of first rate engineers.

Attached: Ethiopia Tana Beles DSCF2008.JPG (2560x1920, 975.21K)

Consider the Go language then. It's literally designed for people like you, and it produces native binaries.

Oh, you mean like every operating system, web browser or office suit in widespread use today?

user, I get more terrified each day. Wooden bridges look very appealing somedays.

Can you even make a text editor with Go? I certainly never seen one.

You most certainly could. It wouldn't be my first choice, but there's nothing stopping you.

I just realized my bridge example has been reinforced with some steel. This is the best of both worlds. Let a proven design hold everything up, and the quick and dirty solutions sit on top.

Did a quick search, never used it. stretto-editor.github.io

Oh dear:

lmao I hope this is satire
that nigger took the "I'll make the logo" meme way too seriously

It was probably enough to get the guy hired somewhere, and he called it a day. Kek, I wish it was satire, but this is clown world.

No matter what you touch it is going to be a shit show. You are totally unqualified to make that judgement if you cannot figure out a basic fucking protocol like socks5

Attached: D7WeHjuW0AAdgRP.jpg (235x207, 23.03K)

Where is the code, LARPer?

look bud I'm not the one asking the retarded questions

SOCKS5 is piss easy and Tor's proxy doesn't need the authentication parts. Just implement it from the spec, I recently did the same thing.

Use libcurl.

- set CURLOPT_PROXY and CURLOPT_PROXYPORT to your Tor host and port (e.g. "127.0.0.1" and 9150 if you use unmodified TorBrowser as a proxy)
- set CURLOPT_PROXYTYPE to CURLPROXY_SOCKS5_HOSTNAME. This will let the proxy resolve hostnames (domains), hence prevent DNS leaks.

If you want to use Python instead then use pycurl with same curl opts.

hot

Then use cython if you're that autistic.