FAA Workforce Was "Too White", Obama Admin "Sacrificed Safety At The Altar Of Political Correctness

As if it needed saying, "The Airport Control Tower Is No Place For Racial Redress" but as The Wall Street Journal Editorial Board member Jason Riley exclaimed this week, that is exactly what the Obama administration appears to have done the Obama FAA grounded qualified candidates in the name of social justice.

The FAA seems to believe that having diverse air traffic controllers is more important than having good ones and seems unwilling to defend its hiring practices.

As Fox News reports, the FAA has for decades been one of the most trusted institutions in government and for good reason. Commercial air travel has been the safest in the world in part because of the FAA's high standards. But under the Obama administration that began to change radically without anybody paying attention.

Michael Pearson, an attorney suing the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) told "Tucker Carlson Tonight" host Tucker Carlson that during the Obama administration, the FAA replaced the previous hiring standards with rules designed to increase diversity among air traffic controllers.

“A group within the FAA, including the human resources function within the FAA – the National Black Coalition of Federal Aviation Employees – determined that the workforce was too white,” Pearson told Carlson.

“They had a concerted effort through the Department of Transportation in the Obama administration to change that.”

“This is social engineering at its finest,” he added.

The Obama administration pressured the FAA to meet abstract diversity goals. Nobody bothered to explain why diversity is a relevant criterion for air traffic controllers. No one will explain it now.

Fox News reports that, starting in 2014, the FAA added a biographical questionnaire to the application process. Applicants with a lower aptitude in science got preference over applicants who had scored excellent in science. Applicants who had been unemployed for the previous three years got more points than licensed pilots got. In other words, the FAA actively searched for unqualified air traffic controllers.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3QltTnJjyGA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Today Fox News reports it obtained new information, it is an internal email written by an executive at the firm that devised the FAA's biographical questionnaire.

In that email, the executive admits that the test he devised has nothing to do with finding the best air traffic controllers. If you want good air traffic controllers, find people with experience, that was his advice. The FAA ignored this and used the biographical screen anyway. They appeared not to care about finding the best air traffic controllers. As Fox News notes, compared to diversity, your safety meant nothing to them.

Fox News reached out to Greg Martin, who is the FAA's top spokesman and got no answer.

However, WSJ's Riley has a more pertinent question: "why isn’t Trump moving to reverse?"

"The most shocking thing to me is that nobody in that room when this change was decided - not the secretary of transportation, not the head of the FAA - raised his hand and said that we’re talking about airline safety here,” said William Perry Pendley of the Mountain States Legal Foundation, a public-interest law firm that is representing Mr. Brigida and other plaintiffs in a discrimination lawsuit against the federal government.

“We’re not talking about somebody driving a truck. We’re talking about somebody guiding an aircraft into snowbound Chicago.”

Equally shocking is the revelation that the Trump administration is fighting in court to preserve the Obama-era policy. Like its predecessor, this administration is ignoring the fact that thousands of people who dedicated years of their lives to getting the proper schooling - in some cases incurring significant debt - only to see the rules changed in the middle of the game. Moreover, the changes weren’t to streamline the process or improve safety but rather to achieve what the government decided (for now) is the “right” racial mix.

The Trump administration should be returning to a sensible system that prioritizes objective measures of competence. After all, being a controller means making life-or-death decisions on a regular basis. Instead, the administration has opted to preserve a policy that in practice amounts to thinly disguised discrimination in the service of boosting the number of minority air-traffic controllers.

And finally, in case you were wondering just how racist the author of this story must be to even dare to mention the fact that the Obama administration appears to have placed diversity above passenger safety, here is WSJ's Jason Riley

What a fucking surprise

Ayo hold'up youz cant be landin no mo' right nail cuz ima needs me muh break so yousall circle nsheeit till i fix me sum snackz.

This needs to be made extremely public. Trump "loves the blacks", but only to an extent. We can be certain he doesn't want lazy unqualified AA nogs in such important positions.

Because Trump is a mega kike from Jew York City, what did you expect

Letter from a train to Gulag:

t. Ever faithful comrade

More like preparing for another 9/11 since security gets lax.

He's black.

The older michael gets the more I am beginning to believe hes actually trans

Put it to the test. Make it impossible for him to ignore, and see what he does about it.

Checked
And rarely do I see someone point out someone else's stupidity in new and creative ways. So thanks.

not sure if related
youtube.com/watch?v=3QltTnJjyGA

eat a bag of dicks leddit

Tucker did 3 segments on it so far this week.

Attached: Will Congress intervene on FAA hiring standards.webm (640x360 4.08 MB, 5.54M)

Trump spends hours every day reading his Twitter feed 8^)

I'm OK with everyone in Chicago dying. Blue state, poop state.

Underrated my nigga

This disaster is only saved by the fact that most planes are nearly autonomous, can be flown completely by computer with pilots there being button pushers for show who more and more aren't really pilots(there's been a couple of mayday aircraft disaster shows I've seen where the crash is caused by the "pilots" not being pilots anymore, fucking up on fundamentals results in everyone killed.)

Whatever keeps whitey down Trump and the Z.O.G are all for it.

mmm no, you say that, because you're a kike working on consensus cracking, you know. That jizzy snowden shit. But you have no argument, because you're a nothing. But a fool, trash, possibly CIA, I mean real shit quality here.

Is Tucker the only one left at FOX who doesn't just shill for Israel 24/7

looks like you're getting rekt by
time for touching_wall.jpg?

Of they are part of the media sphere they are always a shill. The only difference is there are some “rebel” shills like Trump that do like 10% good and then 90% shill like the rest.

Yeah but I mean as much as anyone else on FOX has. I know everyone else at FOX is a fag and sucks jew dick all the time but I can't recall Tucker doing it even when he was at CNN

op is a CIA shill, not even a kike shill, and I can prove it:

Basically, the CIA keeps track of the sort of "map" of rules. When the rules changed here, to the rule allowing Trump bashing, but forbidding duplicate threads, the CIA lept upon it, with this simple strategy:
For every topic largely unrelated to Trump make it a trump bashing thread - this shall cause all threads to become anti-Trump threads.

So, now that you have seen the CIA in action, will you still pay your (((taxes)))? Give unto caesar what is caesar's (donations to the Republican party), and to God what is God's (you are God. Save your money, buy Bitcoin).

Tucker is controlled opposition 8^)

I'd say kys but bots aren't alive.

Attached: FAA ignoring cheating on air traffic control tests.webm (640x360, 3.92M)

Please stop posting niggers unless you are a muh Drumpf based nigger-lover.