(4 hours ago)
Chevron CEO commits to developing oil wells in Venezuela.
(2 Hours Ago)
Venezuela’s intelligence police at dawn Friday detained two central bank employees who met with opposition leader Juan Guaido, according to a person with direct knowledge of the matter.
(36 Minutes ago)
MADRID - MADRID (AP) - Police spokeswoman: Hugo Carvajal, Venezuela's ex-spy chief who declared loyalty to opposition leader, arrested in Spain.
U.S. Aircraft Carrier Locations:
USS Dwight D. Eisenhower (CVN 69) - Atlantic, unknown (Venezuela?)
USS Theodore Roosevelt (CVN 71) - Pacific, unknown
USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN 72) - 150 miles north of the Libyan coast, to provide security amid unrest
USS John C. Stennis (CVN 74) - Persian Gulf, in support of freedom of commerce
USS Harry S. Truman (CVN 75) - Atlantic, unknown (Venezuela?)
- Norfolk, Virginia (home to 43% of U.S. Navy) is 57 hours away from Caracas, VZ by boat (32 knots, standard route)
- Kings Bay, Georgia (home to 48% of U.S. Navy submarine force) is 9.5 hours away from Caracas, VZ by boat (32 knots, standard route)
- Venezuela's regular army consists of only 128,000 soldiers.
- The crown jewel of Venezuela's air force are sixteen F-16A fighters of the same type that entered service in the United States Air Force 41 years ago. The United States Air Force alone currently operates 1,172 4th and 5th generation fighters each far more advanced than the vintage 1978 F-16As.
- Although Venezuela deployed the vaunted S-300 defense system a few weeks ago, American F-22 and F-35 fighters cannot be detected using this system or any other, and these platforms can be easily either detected and destroyed and/or detected and jammed by KH-11 superflatforms and E/A-18G Growler electronic warfare aircraft respectively.
- P-8 Poseidon aircraft have been intercepting all Venezuelan military chatter for several months.