Zig Forums Approved Horror Films

We already had a thread for films with Leftist themes, but what about horror films? Any good ones you can think of?

Attached: 43F7CD46-6D27-42D8-9032-617FC4C9F330.jpeg (364x138, 11.83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/IGCTSSWT4lg
youtube.com/watch?v=l79cH9xEIng
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

dawn of the dead is literally communists vs ancaps

They Live

Original Godzilla, unedited.

Is Godzilla actually good? I've never watched it because I assumed it would just be some Japanese guy in a suit knocking over cardboard boxes for an hour.

Capitalism.

The original is low-key one of the best Japanese films ever made.
This explains it pretty well.
youtu.be/IGCTSSWT4lg

Attached: godzilla5-091215.jpg (970x545, 116.1K)

The Green Room. Of all the movies I've watched it's the only one that nearly gave me an anxiety attack.

Is horror, along with western, the least susceptible film genre to criticise capitalism? If so, why? Is horror counter-revolutionary?

Leave western alone you massive fag.

Sorry to Bother You.

M8…

It's bleak af, the effects are actually incredible, overall a definite monument of the genre.

Night of the Living Dead came to mind right away, too, although it's certainly not as on-the-nose.

To OP:

I dunno. Halloween III, C.H.U.D, Cannibal Holocaust (if it counts properly).

How do you figure? Yes horror can often have socially reactionary aspects(Slasher cliche of you fuck you die, only the virgin survives, etc), but what about the genre makes it predisposed to reactionary themes? Same for western. I guess sometimes it can idealize colonialism and rugged individualism, but it has lots of films to the contrary, The Searchers, Duck You Sucker, and even a whole genre of westerns made in the Soviet Union referred to as Osterns.

Attached: 28076245-80D0-44CB-AEF8-E4D2704C183A.jpeg (1000x663, 194.88K)

100% this and Videodrome

Attached: 93e8676d3a21f6cf9b8d96bbd2a35ab4dd6ef41985d748a5e4f0940459692dcd.gif (400x400, 556.57K)

Genocyber, easy

Have you seen the remake of the most recent Magnificent 7? It is literally anti-capitalist.

Also tbh, while a smidge campy: Daybreakers. A CEO literally launches a famine to drive up blood prices so he can create a monopoly. As it is very critical of the MIC.

"anti-western" or "revisionist western" inb4 revisionists out REEEE is literally a genre

Jaws was one of Fidel Castro's favorite films. Zizek talks about it in Pervert's Guide to Ideology.

Attached: jaws.jpg (400x600, 105.12K)

Im surprised nobody brought up Alien yet.
The Yutani Corporation is the epitome of Capitalist fuckery.

Glad I'm not the only one! I also liken the self-feeding vampires to capitalism itself.

The Careful Masacre of the Bourgeoisie
youtube.com/watch?v=l79cH9xEIng

Yup. Burk the Joo was ready to sell everyone out for some shekels.

Attached: RipBurke.jpg (373x249, 21.4K)