Saying Goodbye to Planet Earth

Maybe I'm being too cynical, but I don't have hope that is going to happen.
We're pretty much already living in the end times, at this point. It's going to take a major earth-shattering disaster before climate change is taken seriously, and by then it will be too late.
archive.is/sd7hL

Attached: 1532255855691.jpg (309x323, 56.13K)

Humans won't go extinct. The west will though. Thank God for that.

Attached: 1529704527325.jpg (245x245, 27.75K)

F

I think humans are far too tenacious to go extinct. We could easily see a 90% reduction in the population though, especially as automation alleviates the need for unskilled labor. The people who aren't profitable for the capitalists will simply be left to starve to death.

We could still avert the worst of the damage and save a lot of people, but humans are mostly too stupid and selfish to do so.

Attached: 1418973164603.jpg (1440x1080, 651.95K)

Attached: 438FD037-81F3-4A77-8C08-B45308232AC5.jpeg (1242x1119, 606.88K)

Muh math.
Clima change is over rated, scarsity of non-renewable resources is a real danger. We have already seen the first oil wars, and there are more to come, but in the end it probably wont be enough to topple civilization, and definitly not enough to out right end humanity. You need some sort of super vulcano or gigantic comet to do that.
But we can all dream, I would love to see the world end.

And how do you see that happening? The west is the most stable and prosperous part of human society, seems odd to single it out like that.

So basically communism or bust?

You are saying it as if its a bad thing.

the first option is the most likely to occur

based christcom poster, I love you :DDDD fuck w*Sternoids!

pretty sure we have passed that point 20 years ago.

Yes the western lifestyle will die out but humans won't go extinct. Jesus Christ guys chill out. Eco autism is not the solution. Class war is.

I definitely think that climate change will be a threat to civilization but it won't outright end it. The third world is going to be massively fucked and its going to create a shitton more refugees that will most likely be stopped at border walls that are being constructed around the world. This explains Trumps dehumanizing rhetoric towards people in the global south because the rich are trying to get people ready for the incoming famine/mass migration/die off of a large section of the human population. Some areas will be a safe haven, others will see famine and war and will be under constant anarchy.
See pdf related. This shit is a must read for anyone interested in climate catastrophe

Believe me, the average Amerifat will express concern over the well-being of the 3rd world in a social situation, but they already don't give a flying fuck. These are people who talk about worker's rights, while playing on their iPhone.

Better example would be the socdem types who cry about kids dying from lack of healthcare while supporting US imperialism abroad. Climate change will kill social democracy though so they might not exist at that point.

How?

This is the only scenario I believe could happen, but with a higher percentage of the human population perishing (perhaps 95%). Capitalists won't stop using fossil fuels until they become so scarce that they are unprofitable, and those resources could run out within 15 years. The scarcity of oil in particular will be the biggest blow to the capitalist economy, because it's not just used as a fuel. It's also used to make many incredible materials and products, for instance tyres and plastic. Even if we switch to more sustainable methods of energy generation, we will not be able to maintain them. I believe our only hope to maintain some form of civilisation is after the collapse. People who know how to hunt, farm, fish, treat injuries and illnesses, and those who want to group together and work for mutual benefit will survive. As for repairing the damage we have done to the ecology — I believe nature will take care of that with time.

without the rest of the world it would collapse into anarchy in under 24 hours

West has been on steady decline from 1914 forwards so its eventual collapse should be surprise to nobody.

Based on what analysis? Western countries are one of few places on this planet with naturally declining populations and consistent agricultural surpluses thanks to our generous farming subsidies, not to mention untapped energy reserves in NA in Canada and in Europe regarding Russia.

Attached: 1522194527208.png (1885x1051, 900.77K)

The only way for them to be unprofitable is for other alternative resources to outcompete them
We may have hit peak, but we aren't running out of fossil fuels anytime soon.
That's true, but fossil fuels are not the only source of oil, it's just the cheapest right now. It will send prices up, but they can be replaced. It's bad, but not cataclysmic.
Pretty fatalistic, if shit goes south it could require drastic meassures, like a one child policy, but complete societal collapse seems less likely than a strong state emerging.
Well you better hope 99% of people died in the collapse, or deer will go extinct pretty quick, but, yes I agree, even if everything else goes wrong there will always be some an-prim canibal cult that survives and eventually repopulate and start the shit show anew.

This climate change denial is gay as fuck. Sure the planet can deal with climate change, so long as it happens over MILLIONS OF YEARS. 4°C in 100 years will fuck shit up beyond belief, the ecological devastation is what will kill humans, not the temperature itself you fucking moron.

If you honestly do not believe the proletariat are capable of stopping the Earth's destruction than I honestly have no idea why you are here. It is an inately hopeful position requiring positive belief. Always bet on history.

No, it's more like bust or bigger bust