Israel/Palestine

What's your take on this issue? Two/one/none-state solution? I take it there aren't any Zionists on this board so I guess the issue boils down to how would Palestine exist.

Thought to make this thread after a few exchanges on the issue in another thread. I'm not a Zionist myself and don't really care but I'd support a two state solution. One state would also be alright but I'm not sure how that would work out with the history of grievances between the two peoples. I'd like to say more but I am somewhat weary of potentially being on a watchlist.

Attached: map-2.jpg (898x673, 129.65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isratin
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Short-term
Long-term

And what's your plan for that exactly? There would be a legit chance for massive ethnic clashes (small ones would happen for sure). I'm not against the idea of a post-Zionist state, but it would have to be a multicultural one rather than explicitly Palestinian or Arab.

Well obviously the Sikhs would come in and rule while keeping the Jews and Muslims in separate play pins.

Attached: you know where this is from dont lie.jpg (800x450, 63.17K)

Single secular state completely cut off from any US involvement.

Federated Soviet Republic le Israel and Palestine with national self determination for each.
No state.
Read Machover

Just let it absorb into the greater part of Assyria.

These kind of questions are annoying because the answer depends entirely on how much power you have at your disposal.

Given sufficiently advanced technology (think Culture-level) the conflict could be ended in a matter of seconds without any further suffering or loss of life, and stateless FALC could be implemented shortly afterwards.
At the other extreme, given the resources available to me personally, there is no way to improve the situation.
At intermediate levels, it really depends on your ability to force Israel to behave itself. It cannot be allowed to continue as an apartheid state, so what's the easiest way to achieve that?

Well, I was just asking the posters' opinion on it. Prefetance etc. I'm not sure if it's even possible unless Bibi is somehow impeached or a big regional/world war redraws the map.

On the other hand, libertarianism is becoming more and more popular here. They're generally for peace or some sort of solution, most oppose the army because it's state resources and war's bad business. The reactionary and close to fascism parties are mostly socdems (lol) except for Likud and Lieberman's party. So there's some sort of miniscule chance of right-left anti authoritarian alliance in the far, far future. But I wouldn't count on it.

Ideally I'd love just a one state Palestine, but that has little chance of coming about. A two state solution though I have little problem with.

short term: two states. borders of 1967.
long term: world communism.

Anyone who advocates for a one state solution is either a retarded idealist or wants to see people slaughtered.

like all the slaughter in post-apartheid south africa?

I'm an Arab but not a Palestinian, i would simply want to end happening right now and give Palestinians access to the rest of Palestine and then implement a reeducation program to eliminate Zionist indoctrination, Jews can stay as long as they don't cause any trouble.

Picrelated.

Attached: solution.png (1000x667, 111.49K)

The situation right now in Israel is vastly more fucked than in apartheid era South Africa. There is essentially a decades long intermittent hot war between two democratically elected states. There was unrest in South Africa, but nothing on the level of the Israeli Palestinian conflict.

Seriously, what's so fucking hard about a secular state that doesn't give any privileges to either side?

I'm sticking with the solution to create one state, call it "Levant", make English the official language and Arab and Hebrew officially recognized. Don't have any religious or ethnic symbolism in the flag. Done. I assume the majority of Palestinians would be okay with it if the ones who lost their land would be recompensated, and organizations like Hamas would not win in a general election.

Humans are tribal and don't get along with people they perceive to be from another tribe, particularly if they are in competition for resources, land, political domination, etc.

Humans are social animals though, it's the perceived threat that makes them act this way.
It's easy to drum up hate when you have others screech "Those people want to kill you"
Hell look at the Balkans, it's a perfect example, generations born a decade after the civil wars still hate each other even though it barely/didn't even affect them.

That sort of idea could only come into existence after a bloody, regional war. Assuming it would cause religious doubt.

Any fellow Palestinians here? I hang out with my relatives and friends in Hebron every summer and every single one I've talked to (probably somewhere near 20-25 adults ages 30ish+ mostly) hate the idea of a compromise. They want to kick out all settlers and return all the land to the Palestinians, more or less. They range from extremely rich to fairly lower class. Most of my uncles, older male cousins, and my dad and grandfather have spent at least some time in prison (few weeks to few years) for no reason other than being adult males. Maybe from an outsider's perspective a one state (or even two state) solution may seem appealing, but wherever I go, nobody seems to want it. Anyone else experience this?

That's interesting. A few months back there was a report on Israeli news that most of the older generation is ready to bury the hatchet. I'm pretty sure it wasn't Hebron, but the report talked about Palestinians on the West Bank in general. There were some interviews. What do they mean by "kicking off the settlers"? All of Palestine/Israel or just Hebron?

As for your question: yeah, typical religious Jews and reactionaries of all stripes. But I don't think many would be willing to say they're for a Palestinian state (whether two or one state solution) out of fear for backlash. If you want to have your opinion anywhere heard in the media you always have to explicitly express your position as some kind of Zionism, even a two state solution is kind of an uncomfortable topic. It's kind of understandable from a strategic point of view for the state.
A few days ago there was a report on how leftist activists get blacklisted by authorities, for now it's nothing serious, just getting a notification at the airport before flying off and being held for a while. Wonder if it will get any worse.

Attached: Ali - Nasrallah today - No one said we want to kill 6 million Jews. We do not want to kill, destroy or throw anyone into the sea. No one wants a 'new Holocaust'. Indigenous Jews belong to Palestine....-1005219222602047489.mp4 (648x360, 4.12M)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isratin

I would argue rolling back the clock is a fruitless effort. Israel exists. However "I was here first cause muh book says so" is a shit claim to anything. There must be a fair two state solution. So long as Israel refuses to accept they need to be justly labelled a terrorist state for what they have done to their neighbors.