THIS IS A REAL THING THAT SONY HAS A PATENT OVER

THIS IS A REAL THING THAT SONY HAS A PATENT OVER

gizmodo.com/5937810/sony-wants-to-let-you-skip-commercials-but-only-if-youll-stand-up-and-shout-brand-names-at-your-tv

Attached: THIS IS A REAL SONY PATENT.jpg (534x429, 28.89K)

Attached: ummok.jpg (784x1200, 65.2K)

Smashies seriously have got to start targeting big tech companies before skynet comes online

Attached: stalinak.jpg (500x353, 41.58K)

wasn't this literally a joke a couple years ago on /v/?

Attached: pepe.jpg (600x584, 25.1K)

life imitating memes?

Then why don't you get out of your armchair first and help us?

Anything for them numbers

In the bottom left, it looks as if he's rising up to worship the hamburger.

"Arise, arise, from couches you numberless infinities of souls, and to your scattered McDonald's franchises go."

I forget which came first on there tbh

No it was having to drink a can of (tm) Mnt Dew to activate your Xbox.

lmao, we need a crew of tech people from /gnussr/ working on a way to reverse engineer this, make it work 100% of the time without saying product names, and give the schematics or whatever out for free.
advertisements and patents are our #1 enemy, advertising is literally theft and patents are intellectual private property. we need to dismantle it all.

oops left my shitposting flag on.

This is literally 1984 tier shit. Slavoj was right, capitalism is going to bring us fascism worse than we thought with illusion of democracy

Attached: Slavoj Zizek NATO crime in Yugoslavia.jpg (640x433, 72.09K)

The thought police know the worst fear of the American; having to interrupt their tv screen time by getting off their ass.

Attached: 04032dedf42fa75a3c4a71ba2942fad2d0d9030e22c926aa42de21322a169068.png (1278x1124, 682.9K)

Attached: 1531673462816.jpg (395x295 6.62 KB, 49.25K)

Or not get sony devices.
I aint going through the trouble of getting in trouble and having a lawsuit filed against me. Maybe some other user could do so and upload it on some torrent site.

This picture has been making the rounds for years because the patent application is several years old. Here, have a pic of another "fun" patent.

Attached: matchmaking microtransaction bs.png (760x772, 106.9K)

vidya was a mistake

Attached: frustrated misato.gif (500x280, 928.26K)

Most patents are for trivial things. For instance, Sega had a patent (now expired) for Sonic running through a loop. The wording of it is so bizarre that it's really hard to get that it's referring to that.

Forgot to mention another Sega patent: You know the arcade racer Daytona USA? The cabinet has buttons for accessing different camera angles. Sega patented that. It was later struck down in court because of prior art (provided by a hobbyist who got absolutely nothing in turn for that from the company he helped against Sega's BS), but why did it even get accepted in the first place?

They also got a patent on the fucking arrow in Crazy Taxi that shows you where to drive.

i'm a huge arma fag, but i'm not gonna buy arma 4
they have masses on free mod content but they apparently were sympathetic to steams "paid mod" thing
if they go down this path and the sandbox game i loved becomes just another generic DLC and Mod selling shitshow that forces you to get the content to keep up with others i'm done with it
and yet it'll mean nothing to them as hordes of kiddos who think that shit is normal will just accept it and throw their parents money after them
i should probably enjoy it while it's still enjoyable

Attached: qRggs-k588dZAM2uBK3FH4xOih9LEaq0FCcZdkYm2uw.png (1186x677, 104.84K)

my bank makes me "sign" with my voice saying shit like "In Bank X, my voice is my signature". I have to comply if I want to use their services. "Voice signatures" are the least secure measure, it drives me fucking mad.

This was supposed to be a joke, not a prediction.

Attached: DORITOS DEW IT RIGHT.png (1186x677, 114.45K)

Did they really use a picture of a guy shooting another guy as the TV example?

How unsubtle do they have to be? Could they have drawn a bottle of Ritalin in there?

Looks something straight up from Futurama.

No way is this real (why stand up?), and if it is, Sony have done the world a favour by patenting it.
Think about it, if only Sony can implement this, then they create a disincentive for people to buy their TV's. So people buy other companies' TV's. Sony have actually prevented us from having to suffer the humiliation of it.

But you can't skip commercials with other companies' TVs. So what's the point?