Debord vs Cinema

Wtf did this brainlet had against cinema?
I don't understand it.
What the fuck does he want?
I've read about the shit this alcoholic leftcom piece of sheeeeit threw at Godard for being a maoist.
Did he really intend art as totally disconnected from whatever form of entratainment?
Isn't that fucking stupid?
It doesn't really add up for me
From Pierrot le Fou:
Isn't this the reason for art itself?

It's really fucking stupid, Godard and his crew were already more interested in subverting language and finding new way to film. I mean the most common complaint against the nouvelle vogue and Godard is that they were emotionless shit for critics and have nothing entertaining about it.
How the fuck do you go from one extreme to the other?
Is Debord a massive fucking brainlet and poor man Adorno? Or he just didn't understand cinema?

Also I did watch the stuff Debord did and called cinema. It wasn't cinema, it was something you put in a modern art gallery. My conclusion is that Debord didn't get cinema as an art a part from other art forms

Attached: d1c810c9b931c8dfef4aede0034940bc.jpg (615x355 50.78 KB, 30.11K)

Debord is fun for a while when one is a beginner Leftist but the more serious you get the more you realize he was just self-absorbed and very drunk. He would have been better as an artist who occasionally gave his two cents on political or social events rather than a full time Marxist theorist who attempted to start his own tendency

Idk, it think he wrote and did some very valid shit but the Guy didn't master dialectics. Actually now I'm very interested in his thoughts on Hegel.
The fact that he didn't understand cinema or the entire theory behind it including the concept behind calling it "seventh art" shows that he's kind of a brainlet.
I think the 68 movements in Paris really failed because of piece of shits leftcoms like him and the post structuralists.

Cinema is a satanic art literally invented to disrupt the proletarian revolution. Cinema becomes a thing and few years later WWI started. Think about it.

Attached: d47012c3c867deacb90f4f693454b466cd244a6b.jpg (644x1024, 112.27K)

lloollll

nigga what

Wrong. The film theoretician who fighted for calling it art wrote his manifesto in 1911, the first projection was in 1895.

Also are you retarded or what? What does it have to do with anything?

Read Walter Benjamin.

Attached: 1529424468252.png (111x115, 27.81K)

Hey, someone could actually answer my question?

Attached: c1d1e2d25631a62267818ca6790419e4.jpg (781x1024, 91.77K)

Jesus fucking christ, could you piece of shit brainlets give me a clue here?

he hated it becasue its gay and sucks ass [spoilers]which is correct[/spoilers]

Sure I will OP just not in the way you'd want it.
1. Debord wasn't brainlet tier he just didn't understand cinema.
2. Godtard was a giant piece of shit. He's not even Reddit tier, he's above Reddit, but once you get legitimately good taste Godtard is no longer someone worth viewing as a good director. Quite literally he's irrelevant garbage. Debord's critique wasn't quite as good at grasping why but yes his exposure to cinema was what gave him misconceptions.
Point being, tl;dr OP you're right, and you should delete your thread before autists tell you otherwise and derail the thread with their own personal arguments.

Attached: me and you.png (593x445, 146.16K)

Lol. Cuck chan tourist please go. You can't even spoiler you fag piece of shit.

Hello Cuck-Chan, did the /lit/ drama thread bring you in? If so you might wanna take the time to lurk more and check out /test/ before trying to post.

Baseless empty statment from a guy who yesterday complained about taxi driver on the basis of bad pacing while praising falling down.
On what basis are you calling godard shit? What does reddit tier in this context even mean? And how the fuck he's not relevant? Breathless was literally the last film who made big contribution to cinematic language and that's not even his best.
I mean thanks for saying I'm right. Now it's no longer about op tho. You are insulting on of the greatest auteurs of cinema and I'd like to know if you have actual substance to your claims or you are just calling him shit becauze lul. I feel like there are serious critique of Godard one can make, I do it myself especially for his imput post 67, but you own more than a simple "he's shit"

Calling one thing a piece of shit doesn't mean I inherently think the other is good you dolt it means I think one thing is a piece of shit, I've never seen Falling Down and I wasn't the same guy as yesterday.
Now then
On what basis are you sucking his cock on such a humongous level that you say shit like
>literally the last film who made big contribution to cinematic language and that's not even his best.
Off the top of my head I can think of a million films post 1960 that contributed more to cinema in one second than Breathless did in it's entire 1 hour and 30 minutes.
This statement is a thousand times more ignorant and I should stop talking to you right here because it proves you know jack shit about cinema and your opinion is invalid.
And I will. The rest of your post is just more dick sucking, I literally have no reason to address a single thing you said anymore, that statement alone grants me the power to defeat you in this "argument" although after you said that it's me anally raping you publicly which is why I stopped saging and bumped the thread.

Attached: FEED THE MURDERCOCK.jpg (592x541, 63.58K)

based spurdo gang triggers the libtards yet again

Name literally one. 1

Thank you for playing into my trap card.
Toshio Matsumoto
Michael Snow
Andrei fucking Tarkovsky
For Christ sake Tarkovsky should be popular enough for you to have expected him to be here. Snow is dogshit in comparison to more but I won't spoonfeed you. Those are entry level directors and they're literally better than Godtard. Tell you what though I'll humor your argument and rewatch Breathless and other Godard films then tell you why they're shit, why don't you watch the people I gave you and tell me why Godard is better.

EPIC STYLE USING BASIC FACTS AND LOGIC

Lmao. No. I don't even know the first one. They are not even in the same field as godard of tarkovsky. You must be really be really something to name drop a couple of experimental filmaker.
I am a pleb. I like Bergman and Antonioni

I could post an image in reply to that statement alonebut I won't because there isn't a single image in existence that expresses the sheer hatred I feel right now thanks to that statement.'and there's no point in dragging out this conversation anymore so I'll end it.
Thank you for admitting it.
Do everyone a favor and stay in /r/movies or /r/truecinema or whereever you get your taste from, I don't mean that in a mean way I mean that in an honest "You're too mentally disabled to interact with anyone outside your group please just never go out or you'll get hurt." way. Don't. Don't make statements like Godard is the best either because those can easily be dismantled. I'm going to bed now. On the bright side one day I might make a whole book calling out Godtard thanks to you, I think the first pillar to dismantle to help film get back on it's knees in a post capital society or trying to push one will be the one with Godtard and others that people seemingly get filtered on.
As much of an elitist as I am I'm this way because I want everyone else to see properly, and I can't do it like this.

Attached: no rest for me.gif (300x229, 9.37K)

Lmao. You still didn't prove me wrong on the godard statment. He had much more influence than any of those experimental filmakers (I assume you think snow is shit because he's the famous one) also no, godard doesn't make experimental filmaking. They are not on the same fucking level nor the same sport for that matter.
Idk why you putted tarkovsky in there tho.
You are not an elitist, you are just an autist. You immediatly got hot and didn't even disprove shit. Breathless still had more influence and was more revolutionary as far as cinema for us mortal plebs goes. You got serious problems and probably don't even enjoy cinema. Also you diminishing tarkovsky for being popular shows how much of an idiot you are.

Except I didn't.
What the general populous see's≠Cinema in general.
You assumed that based on an argument where I entered knowing I would be arguing a negative claim. This is the same logic as

Nothing. The experimental filmaking started in 75, Breathless doesn't enter in the category just because of what he did later in his career. If we want to discuss about what godard is currently doing, yes I'm pretty sure he's garbage, irrelevant and a piece of shit compared to the rest of scene.
Experimental cinema filmaking be compared to traditional filmaking. They are not interested in the same thing it's simple as that. An elitist such as yours should know this.

Also for all the Godard hating you are doing you should notice that itt you literally doing right now what he's doing for the last 40 years.

And tarkovsky didn't invent nothing new really. Just perfectioned something that already existed.