Fast Food

Is fast food just a prole MRE?
I've been thinking about this a lot lately.
The two are really about nutritionally the same, and they are used when there are no other options.
There are even people who eat MRE's for pleasure for some reason, despite not needing to. There's a lot of parallels.

Attached: 70bd5de1236fa49c5841bec8de0a7165.jpg (337x550 36.95 KB, 41.09K)

the only non-military people who eat MREs are either reviewers like SteveMRE1989Info or Zig Forums LARPers. i wouldn't really consider MREs and fast food similar since the former comes in sealed bags and you have to actualy assemble all your items, let the food heat up, etc., while fast food is pretty much ready to go when you pick it up or have it delivered.

That's true, but I feel like that's one of the few differences. It seems like fast food is still part of this trend, along with huel and soylent, to get workers to focus less on meal prep, and more on being productive.

oh yeah for sure they're both bad, but i don't think we can put MREs in the same boat as fast food since it's not being marketed to us and is just something people buy for themselves if they're interesed.

Can we make this a Steve thread now?

Attached: DTOT5IZX4AEqbuc.jpg (768x1024, 167.56K)

he's such a chad look at him man

pretty sure MRE is much better for your health

You'd be surprised.

Not if you don't move as much as soldiers, it contains a lot of calories, too much for average person

This is now a shoujo shuumatsu ryokou thread.
More pics of these moe blobs eating mres.

Attached: glt23.jpg (383x342 10.82 KB, 25.71K)

Weebs get the bullet too

Hes a cool guy

Nice!

MREs are actually manufactured to be as nutritious as possible (at least calorie wise), and safe to consume. Soldiers' lives matter.

Fast food is made from cheapest shit available, is actively bad for your health and more addictive than it is nutritious so you have to keep buying it.

Bad comparison.

Meanie
I'll stop though

Attached: download (5).jpg (300x168, 6.77K)

moe is cancer.
burn all waifus

This is relatively speaking. It's still not that good for you, compared to an actual meal.

MREs are designed to be a balanced meal to keep a soldier at the peak of his physical prowess while he fights for his masters. They wouldn't feed him rubbish because it is not in their best interest to have weak enforcers.

Fast food, on the other hand, is designed to be tasty and cheap, with healthiness being a secondary consideration at best, they are made so that the mega corporations that sell them can make as large of a profit as possible.

Why bump an 11 day old thread to make a post that has already been made?

WELCOME TO CAPITALISM

Yes, they totally would. Because that's the essence of Capitalism: it is the market that makes decisions, not people.

Also, look up actual reviews of MREs. Even MoD admits that MREs should not be eaten for more than a day or two.

What the fuck is an "actual meal" in the US? Is it the average meal that americans eat?

hi anprim

You shouldn't eat MREs regularly because it is unusually dense food made to sustain soldiers during forced marches. Sort of like eating nothing but sports supplements and protein bars.