Has there ever been a society that was so capitalist that it led to its own collapse?

has there ever been a society that was so capitalist that it led to its own collapse?

Attached: 245976.png (1440x900, 206.83K)

we're living in it pal

Multiple times at this point.

Attached: 4884F3D7-80EC-4CD8-9ADF-0BB599F246D3.mp4 (640x360, 8.74M)

Somalia?

That show was fucking so Pseud and gives you so much Tonal Backlash watching it
Maybe i will watch new season at some point though

*Whiplash

I felt like it was incomplete. Ike they had a whole two cour planned, ran out of budget and just made the first two episodes, the final episode with three random episodes in between.

Didn’t mean to sage.

The Soviet Union.

Episode 2 dosent even have "That" Much story deveopment and the main "Revelation" of the episode is that the MC's Oneitis is a Fire bug and that basically has no effect on the Story after that episode at all iirc

I know. I felt like it was slowly building up for a much longer story when the series ended up only being 6 episodes.

Its main purpose was as a way to experiment with (for the time) new animation styles and techniques, some of which apparently cost them way more than they were expecting, especially the manga sequence. Considering Gainax was involved in this and they have something of a history of blowing their budget, I have a personal little theory that FLCL was meant to be much longer, but they had to cut it into little pieces to get it out because they realized they wouldn’t have the budget to release a full 1-2 cour show after animating the first two episodes. The length they shortened it to is intentional because they released it as a movie in Japan (despite clearly being episodic).

In short: the shock of the rightwards turn of the Eastern bloc did a ton of damage. This also happened to the former USSR.

Yeah i got that aswell
Id go so far to say even episode 5 despite SOME story development was still just a "Slice of Life / Monster/Villian of the week" episode for the most part
Which is what caused the "Tonal Whiplash" i was talking about as it ends up throwing what feels Like the ENTIRE story and more at you in the last episode without any build up to the Story's Climax or even hinting towards it

Are you dense or just not aware that we are heading into climate collapse which will likely wipe off most sentient life on this planet?

my question was more about the shortcomings inherent within capitalism as an idea itself that leads to its destruction. not about it affecting the climate.

Nazi Germany

So whaddya think of the fooly cooly episode tonight?

Feudalism as the end game of capitalism and we collapsed it, everywhere.

I've heard the FLCL sequels are shit, hopefully I'm wrong.

user, the last leader of Somalia was a Communist, Siyaad Barre was his name. He originally had Soviet backing, but his country fell apart when the Soviets stopped helping him and the American coup succeeded.

This is actually a good answer.

What show?

give it a few decades and there'll be more examples than you'll care to count

The episode last night of saturday was pretty good.

Attached: 1538284327997.png (639x639, 447.15K)

FLCL my guy

Colombia

can you give me more info on that

how

Attached: kamon1.png (630x475, 142.85K)

kys, FLCL is a masterpiece

Sais the person with shit taste

Attached: 5a617273c018395c436b2233a8b40d85.png (1203x897, 529.92K)