/leftyk/ - equipment/survivalist edition

So what equipment does the cuban, soviet, Chinese maoists use?
what's the equivalent web gear of Alice and molle for each country etc.
Also, cheapest in your region etc.

Attached: portablestove.jpg (1162x756 28.67 KB, 129.62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

globalsecurity.org/military/library/policy/army/fm/
archive.org/details/military-manuals
archive.org/details/field-technical-manuals
archive.org/details/firearmsmanuals
stevespages.com/page7c.htm
stevespages.com/page7b.htm
stevespages.com/page7d.htm
stevespages.com/page7e.htm
stevespages.com/table2.html
stevespages.com/table3.html
stevespages.com/page8d.htm
stevespages.com/table1.html
stevespages.com/page8c.htm
stevespages.com/page8a.htm
stevespages.com/bvjtools.shtml
stevespages.com/page8e.htm
stevespages.com/page8f.htm
stevespages.com/page8b.htm
archive.org/details/Anarchist_Cookbook_William_Powell
archive.org/details/KurtSaxonThePoorMansJamesBondVol5.pdf
archive.org/details/UrbanSurvival
archive.org/details/ScientificPrinciplesOfImprovisedWarfareAndHomeDefenseV6BiologicalWeapons
archive.org/details/TheAdvancedAnarchistArsenalDavidHarber
archive.org/details/TheAnarchistArsenalImprovisDavidHarber
survivalschool.us/survival-info/military-manuals-pdf/
pdf.textfiles.com/manuals/FIREARMS/
stevespages.com/NewManuals/
mediafire.com/file/v7b6gx4xpxux7n6/TM_31-210_Improvised_Munition_Handbook.pdf
rethinksurvival.com/net-guide/medical-and-health-guides/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i'm an extreme hillbilly and have been my entire life, but i don't get the love for military surplus stuff. i was in the military. most of it is complete garbage, and from the few surplus stores ive been in, its expensive. sometimes more expensive than buying the civvie equivalent would be. sometimes its the same price but the civvie version works about 10x better, or is more comfortable etc. is it just larping, IDGI.

Well then, show me your cheap civvie stuff.

I thought the equipment carried by a US soldier was, like, expensive enough to trade in for a small house in Texas?
And yet it's all crappy at the end of the day?
Capitalism is hilarious.

afaik in terms of load-bearing gear your "average" Soviet motor rifle dude in Europe would've had a belt/suspender system with one mag pouch with four AK mags (afaik they'd be carrying three in the pouch and one loaded on the rifle, plus ammo on stripper clips or loose in boxes), a water bottle pouch, grenade pouch for two grenades and an entrenching tool carrier, plus maybe a gas mask/NBC bag slung separately. Afghanistan would've been more varied; fuckload of Chinese chest rigs plus domestically-produced Soviet ones as well as any integrated pouches on flak vests, and also stuff cobbled together by the guys themselves (e.g. chest rigs made from RD-54 rucksack pouches). Not much out there about Cuban gear, but it would've likely been the same as Soviet stuff - the four-cell mag pouch setup was pretty common throughout the Warsaw Pact, so it'd make sense. China was pretty big on chest rigs afaik, both for the SKS and the AK, though I believe they used a conventional belt-type system for a short time with the SKS.

Not sure if any of it would really be worth bothering with nowadays outside maybe the chest rigs. I don't know why I know any of this tbh

Say, condor mcr1 vest or mcr3 vest?
3 is cheaper but What's there to protect my heart? Is there something more cheaper?

nevermind, I'm a dumdum.

Threadly reminder that if you can't run three miles, you should learn to do that before you learn to shoot.

maybe this is a thing with US equipment in particular? Ive been buying finnish and austrian stuff from the Zig Forums store and its pretty cheap for pretty good stuff.

On a somewhat unrelated note, to any brazilian anons itt, how's the gun situation in Brazil? You know, with all the shit going down right now you might want to have one just in case. I hear they're illegal, is that true?

I'm wondering if a 55L khaki backpack is going to stand out. Should I die it a darker brown?

globalsecurity.org/military/library/policy/army/fm/
archive.org/details/military-manuals
archive.org/details/field-technical-manuals
archive.org/details/firearmsmanuals
stevespages.com/page7c.htm
stevespages.com/page7b.htm
stevespages.com/page7d.htm
stevespages.com/page7e.htm
stevespages.com/table2.html
stevespages.com/table3.html
stevespages.com/page8d.htm
stevespages.com/table1.html
stevespages.com/page8c.htm
stevespages.com/page8a.htm
stevespages.com/bvjtools.shtml
stevespages.com/page8e.htm
stevespages.com/page8f.htm
stevespages.com/page8b.htm
archive.org/details/Anarchist_Cookbook_William_Powell
archive.org/details/KurtSaxonThePoorMansJamesBondVol5.pdf
archive.org/details/UrbanSurvival
archive.org/details/ScientificPrinciplesOfImprovisedWarfareAndHomeDefenseV6BiologicalWeapons
archive.org/details/TheAdvancedAnarchistArsenalDavidHarber
archive.org/details/TheAnarchistArsenalImprovisDavidHarber
firearm and military manuals from these websites
1. survivalschool.us/survival-info/military-manuals-pdf/
2. pdf.textfiles.com/manuals/FIREARMS/
3. stevespages.com/page7c.htm
4. stevespages.com/page7b.htm
5. stevespages.com/NewManuals/
mediafire.com/file/v7b6gx4xpxux7n6/TM_31-210_Improvised_Munition_Handbook.pdf

It's a magnesium and ammonium nitrate mix inside, kept contained in a scored metal case (aluminum) inside of a sturdier cast steel case. This mix does not cause a characteristic explosion, but a sub-sonic deflaguration (slow burn) that burns through the material. Magnesium, by the way, is one of the brightest burning elements, and has a history of flash-photography and fireworks. The ammonium nitrate speeds up the reaction enough for the characteristic boom.
- The pin is pulled.
- The fuse is lit.
- You throw it.
- The fuse finishes and ignites the starting charge.
- The starting charge hits the inner compound in the inner casing with a small explosion.
- The deflaguration is strong enough to shatter the inner case, while keeping the outer intact.
- This releases the blinding flash of 6-8 candela ( a high powered spotlight) and a 170 decibel noise (a shotgun blast beside your ear).

Attached: hobostick4.jpg (354x450, 27.05K)

What’s the terrain like where you live? Unless you live in the desert you’d probably want OD green instead of khaki.

Eastern seaboard in the heart of the beast. I think od green is good but it kind of sticks out as le taticool wannabe in urban areas, coyote brown seems good (the bag with the color wasn't on sale and it's easier to dye it a darker color so that would do.) It's a bit of a marshland over here.

Good post comrade

I didn't see it?

An AK, 12 mags and some rice.
Salvage everything else from the enemy.

Attached: uncle ho.jpg (1536x2048, 611.4K)

well then, how do I salvage the ammo from the enemy then? How do I hold the 12 mags when I'm naked? The rice is good though. don't what to cook it with though, the blood and body warmth of my enemies?

you don't cook the rice
have to learn to survive from cold maggot-infested rice

Sir, I just want to say to you: thanks for bravely serving our bourgeoisie.

Attached: 1336994389044.png (200x206, 59.01K)

Soviet surplus everything. I'm not a larper either, there's alot of aethetic vintage soviet shit that you can wear in public that doesn't look autistic.

lol

Back in my Maoist gorilla warfare days we used to eat the soil.

dropped

Shiggy

The bag that carried the rice will work.
By the time you have the enemy equipment you should have used all 12
How'd you know?

Attached: 20080323004402AK-47_type_II_Part_DM-ST-89-01131.jpg (1999x2000, 287.57K)

What about night vision?

Why not, I didn't mean to strictly adhere to equipment anything really goes. I ment it as a general theme.
What bladder packs do you guys have?

A modern version of OP's second pic and a good Portable cookset, alos a good military bookbag to hold all that.

Attached: 71cvVYMfnpL._SL1050_.jpg (1181x749 157.57 KB, 84.9K)

Bumpo

Know where I could find some good books on medical shit?

rethinksurvival.com/net-guide/medical-and-health-guides/

In my experience those stoves are heavy/flimsy, but then again I got a cheap-o from army and navy :P
I basically have the budget version of this setup.

Some stuff i recommend for all not just people who have are or trying to get a gun. A canteen, a compact multi-tool shovel, combat knife and a cheap first aid kit, one can make a homemade version by just getting a medium baggy and putting first aid spray, Band-Aids of different sizes and some gauze into it.

Attached: 81lDiJlqxYL._SX522_.jpg (498x500 84.62 KB, 17.68K)

I would say to upgrade the canteen to a bladder and make the medkit less of a boo boo pack and more of a, I just sprang my leg and blood is gushing out pack.
Otherwise it seems okay.

It's nice to have a few boo-boo bandaids and stuff just so you don't let minor wounds get infected when you're camping and shit. It helps them stay clean. Also it's way more sanitary if you're cooking for everyone or something, obviously.

But what you mostly want is cling, gauze pads, ace bandages, a split or two, etc

Anybody got readable pdfs of Poor Mans James Bond Vol 1-4?
I really wanna see what lists I'm on

Okay, fifth day of nofap November. Should I stuff myself to preoccupy myself or should I play some DoL and try not to fap.
I'm also applying for some stuff today.

That's just a larger boo boo. May need some better analgesic though.

swordsman ship stuff - less survival and more just fun.

Attached: twohanded broadsword wilding HIMA.jpg (467x1000 120.05 KB, 84.65K)

Wtf, I thought I posted in /leftytrash/ mods plz delet.

Stop

Attached: govorkov-nyet-1954.jpg (400x582, 62.51K)

WAAAAAAAAAH, the bad man is posting diagrams! WAAAAAAH

Grow the fuck up, just because the character is drawn in a mildly anime style does not make what is drawn false or bad, not to mention that pic 1 isn't even in the anime style you blind fuck.

Translation for the last 3 pls?

Attached: pretty please puss in boots.jpg (1024x1024, 142.7K)

Or to mention that those two diagrams are fucking korean.