VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE

Why do people say this shit so much here in Burgerland lately? It's obvious that the phrase "civic duty" is concocted by corporations and the government. Gotta preserve that facade of legitimacy, I guess Do they shill voting this hard in other countries?

Attached: Mayuri angry.png (477x274, 259.15K)

yes, like 70% of people still don't vote here, in fact people hate politicians so much here that i think that if i explained what a cultural revolution is, but without telling them the name or that it was used in mao's china, around 90 % of people would say that they want one

They stress it because they think you'll vote for their candidate.

I'm surprised more countries haven't put in laws for compulsory voting. I'd skip out still honestly. There's rarely someone worth voting for here in the US.

Not having compulsory voting benefits smaller parties in multi-party countries with proportional representation since those who vote for smaller parties to begin with tend to be more active. There is no intensive to force people to vote in such system unless you belong to the biggest party.

You say that and to a degree that's true but you also have people much more likely to just vote lazily and so you get what happened in Australia in 2013 where LDP's David Leyjonhelm and AMEP's Ricky Miur made it into the senate desite said parties never having been notable in the federal level before then, due to the fact they were placed early in the ballot
Though I'll admit such a thing only really manifests in the Senate while the HoR never has that happen to them

already a thread for this:

The most annoying part is the corporate shilling

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (528x154, 12.99K)

Well another reason they haven't it is that it is actually pretty difficult to justify mandatory voting, let alone enforce it.

The assertion that not voting de-legitimizes the system, itself, legitimizes the system. A non-vote is just another kind of vote. After all, are you not saying that you think your non-vote has some kind of democratic power?

I early voted for Stacey Abrams
Standing in line was a lot of fun, and even though I hate the government and don't see it as legitimate, Kemp is a piece of shit that stepped out of the 1860s somehow while Abrams will legalize weed at least.

You all need to start accelerating

Attached: 65f.jpg (634x1024, 63.36K)

One would think it's saying exactly the opposite: that voting is pointless.

There really isn't a hope with voting.

During the Bush years rad-libs pretended to be super far left quoting Mao and etc and when Obama got in they loved him and became super authoritarian. During Obama the lolberts and etc hated him and grew in power, then when Trump became President they suddenly loved him and became super authoritarian.

it's really just a cycle of rad-libs and lolberts now and when /ourguy/ gets into power they go super authoritarian.

And then the next senile old man will just send an army to steal Venezuela's oil so that the yankee proletarian can maintain a somewhat non enraging life standar.

Just draw a dick on the paper

Kys

In Australia it’s illegal to not vote

Fascists always lose wars, Franco only won because of the infighting in the Spainish Republic. Would rather fight Fascists than Libs.

no one is stealing Venzuala's oil because its poor quality
there are lots of countries with better oil

I sincerely believe that most people who say it sincerely believe the "I don't care who you vote for, just vote” line. They think the magic of """democracy""" will fix things.

assuming that to be true, then the next madman will just have his army invade there to steal the oil.

It is illegal here to not vote, we have lile 70% turnout.

Attached: e85d0d59a88d66f08cb223cb5659f68eb46d9ececd367cce2a59e1df8d26b7a6.jpg (600x590, 61.64K)

I voted for the lesser hitler, maybe it'll put a few more seconds on the doomclock idk

Vote for a billionaire or the lap dogs of other billionaires?

The choices suck , lets change the game to something better.

Attached: X9TSk2u.jpg (480x480, 38.37K)

If voting is pointless, then not voting is ALSO pointless. Participation shouldn't matter one way or the other, because a vote is as good as a non-vote.

The best way to de-legitimize voting is to get the goods through organizing or direct action, and then compare the actual material gains to the lack thereof from voting. We need to DEMONSTRATE that voting doesn't matter by contrasting real material gainst against ephemeral electoral gains. Choosing to not participate in elections is not a revolutionary act and it doesn't do anything to undermine liberal democracy.

This. Not voting and just sitting around gives more legitimacy to the government than anything.

it really do be like that sometimes…

The stuff Trumps doing has been going on forever, its just more obvious now.
I mean, if you're arguing that neoliberals are just crypto-fascists then I'd agree, but I'm not exactly sure that's what you're saying.

Sonny Bono and Copyright Extension dies iff GOP wins these midterms. It's not me who says it, it's Disney execs who stated it earlier this year, and Mickey Mouse will enter public domain in 2020 if I just stay home.
What do? Will the country be irredeemably destroyed if I let GOP win this round?

Attached: USA-Star-Mickey-Mouse-House-Flag.jpg (2000x2301, 135.39K)

Who cares vote or don't but don't feel good about it either way.

That's basically the difference between neoliberalism and fascism. They're functionally the same, but fascism does in the open what neoliberalism does in secret.

VOTING REPUBLICAN IS NOT A FUCKING DOWNVOTE, OK?!?

vote for a communist party tbh
it doesn't matter either way

Lmfao

Attached: 19273782919.jpg (1080x572, 54.52K)

If GOP wins war with Iran, if Dems war with Russia right?

War with Iran either way fam

Attached: peace was never an option.png (499x662, 353.95K)

Thanks, doc

You're given the power to vote, might as well do it. The only thing lost is your time, likely not that valuable. Vote third party.

at least go and protest then, use the more popular talking points like voters interests contradicting actual policies and corporations getting what they want, that sorta stuff
be present at least