New DPRK documentary

youtube.com/watch?v=jI7or26HHLw

So what's different here is that the journalist asks about the internal workings of an enterprise and the factory manager (called "Mr Jew" lmao) alludes that the Taean Work System is still in place, where workers receive a share of the surplus of the factory. The journalist then goes ahead and calls that "capitalism".
youtube.com/watch?v=jI7or26HHLw&feature=youtu.be&t=434

There are some other funny moments where the journalist constantly thinks that what he sees isn't real. I also wanted to share some of the comments with you, because they are absolutely nuts.

(most upvoted, guy comments under EVERY North Korea video)

>The part when he goes into the subway system, I've a sneaking suspicion that the public were told to use between the hours of 2pm to 3pm when the international journalists were planning on using it. Just looks so choreographed.

Let alone glorifiy it. "Juche seems to be working …" No its not. We know its not, half the population would be dead without international aid, the country is among the poorest in the world and a giant human rights violation.
"Slave Labour seems to be working" isn´t something you say in an adoring tone of voice.

(Sleeping is outlawed in North Korea, didn't you know)

(The guy has a fucking SS officer as a profile picture, Jesus Christ)

… and many more like that. This is like watching flat earthers,

Attached: cd3ccfec661076ebcb50955c801f10f924dd73de04285079de53e8faf3441ec9.jpg (528x714, 253.66K)

that comment
was supposed to be greentexted completely.

Attached: edgy.png (839x537, 87.77K)

Is this some kind of ongoing operation by the CIA or has the “everyone in Pyongyang is an actor” meme become self-perpetuating?

I can believe some idiots in YouTube comments saying some asinine bullshit like this, but how does nearly every journalist go over there and say that all the good is plastic, all the people are actors and other normal shit is actually a facade being put up by increasingly extravagant totalitarian schemes?

(Haven’t seen the video yet, don’t know if that’s the case here, just saying in general)

The reporter isn't horrible, but he acts in an infantile and naive way most of the times, and sometimes makes blatant statements out of his arse ("a ski resort in a country with not enough busses"). It's almost hilarious, he is constantly like "wow, this looks great! Juche seems to be working! But… IS IT REAL?"

I really wanna do a parody of these North Korea documentaries, in my own hometown. Sign up for a tour, bring my camcorder and ask ominous questions all the time. I'll do a voice over in the metro, alluding to everyone being an actor as I zoom in on their faces. I'll call my guide "minder" all the time.

When we visit a museum or a classical concert, I'll say "There is no Macklemore or Rihanna here. It feels like a trip back in time, like to the 60s."

I will ask my guide why we can't see the run-down areas, and I'll get real mad when I am not allowed to film policemen and soldiers.

even when it's the dumb DPRK docs that try to make it look like and evil scary dystopia, they always kind of make me wish I lived there instead of the US

Psychopaths. I don’t comprehend how these people can feel morally superior in their imperial hell state that has murdered tens of millions over the twentieth century abroad, built extra-judicial prison camps, tortured, used chemical weapons that deformed and maimed generations, and all in the name of its own geopolitical interests and ideological prejudices, but IT is so much more superior and righteous than countries like China or the DPRK. Only because they feel so safe in their country, they don’t have to be on the roulette of foreign nations that could become brutalized so it must be a good thing that they can live their normal life while all the foreign people have to die for it. They don’t matter, but woe for the political prisoners in this foreign country. This just has to be stopped to save the world.

I feel like I’m schizo posting. Luckily I don’t think most people want an actual conflict or to inflict unnecessary suffering and control on these countries. They just believe that countries like the DPRK are insane and holding their finger over a “destroy downtown LA” button because of what they’ve been told, so it scares them. Otherwise they wouldn’t care, it would just be some nightmarish figment to gawk over in the daily news.

I think he's saying "Mr. Zhu."

Do it.

Pure ideology.

Attached: zizekwave.jpg (1663x1080, 297.33K)

at around 10:00 he asks some girls about what is the best thing to see in the DPRK. They say Juche tower and birthplace of Kim Il-Sung, then the journalist says "they're staying on message".

if you go anywhere in the world the people will tell you the popular tourist sites and have only good things to say about their country. in the DPRK that's evidence of some fear-based brainwashing, while in the other countries it is those countries being great.

this documentary is a joke and I hate this Louis Theroux knockoff. He uses the same voice, tone and schtick.

He is also like “they keep looking at my minder”. He translates you dipshit, they don’t know English.

Fuck, and the other thing is him saying at the model farm “I doubt this is representative of North Korean agriculture”. Why? Why the doubt? There is literally a guy with an ox nearby carrying shit on a flimsy cart and skinny people are crouching in the dirt working with their hands. What would the other farms look like? Presumably in his mind worse, but I don’t know what could be more basic. Does he think people are just whipped in the other farms, or they wear burlap sacks?

The way the Koreans shut down whenever they hear something they don't like (Did Kim study in Switzerland?) doesn't really help stop people from thinking this though.

I know. The line "Mr Jew is the boss here" still had me cracking up.

You should do it, sounds fantastic.

This is more readily explained by North Koreans (well, Koreans in general tbh) being hardcore nationalists than this being some kind of totalitarian shit. It’s the same response you get when you tell a Burger patriot that most of the Founding Fathers owned slaves.

Fucking this. When I visited the USA some old boomer almost shot me for alluding that the US lost Vietnam. He literally told me that you can't say that because it's disrespectful.

It could be either. I don’t think anyone is going to jail the guy if he were to acknowledge it, though maybe I’m wrong, but I think it does run contrary to their values that the leader should be allowed to go abroad and study in nice foreign universities while everyone else is supposed to be patriotic and hold the ranks. It might be a point of cognitive dissonance, but it’s possible that for that reason it is considered subversive to talk about it, so he didn’t want to address the question.

Involuntary euthanasia is probably the most benevolent option for these people.

The biggest human rights abuse in the DPRK is tour guides having to tardwrangle americans.

Attached: americans foreign politics.png (540x526, 166.44K)

But the host is clearly from the UK…

I didn't watch the vid cause I don't want to have an aneurysm reading the comments
Anglos in general then.

you have to do this

the one thing that bothers me is that they don't let you do whatever you want inside North Korea, I don't know the reasoning behind this but I really don't like that.
it only serves to """legitimize""" (not really but in their eyes it does) the retarded arguments of those mongoloids that keep claiming everyone in pyngowhatever is a paid actor and everyone does things because the government points guns at them and they're all starving or whatever in this dystopian country, all retarded claims, but when they essentially surveil you 24/7 and can't do shit without a NK national babysitting and they prevent you from going places it's really difficult if not impossible to show the world how retarded they are.

i don't think they care all that much about the image they have with retarded people
it's better than have them pester civilians
just imagine what'd happen if you let them run wild
they'd go after people and keep asking about their stupid conspiracy theories, they in turn get annoyed and the "reporters" would just interpret it as them being intimidated or something equally stupid
and i think they do give you allow visitors some freedoms
like those bikers that went through the DPRK from russia to the rok

I hope it's something that relaxes over time but
1. those limitations are often exaggerated and there's plenty of people who are allowed to do things unsupervised, visit rural areas, just talk to people etc.
2. it's understandable considering you're gonna have retards harassing people left and right
go figure, even people who have actually visited are still convinced the whole country is a truman show

Yeah, there are people who have travelled around, but they are usually people working for some company investing in the country or something. Aren’t there a couple of American soldiers living there or something? I thought there was a guy who stayed there after the Korean War.