Israel vs Hezzbolla confrontation

rt.com/news/445508-israel-hezbollah-lebanon-tunnels/
They didn't learn after the first time not to expand their settlements up north did they?

Attached: 5,107 × 7,174.jpg (900x506 9.07 MB, 72.62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QcAVl2tUPoo
youtube.com/watch?v=n7BmMsdzwAQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bump.

Reports are Bibi wanted not to go to war and now he is being removed…

I'd like to see them try

Attached: 1502125854910.jpg (2048x1105, 230.53K)

Realistically, what are the chances Hizballah could fully defeat Israel to the point where Israel dissolves as a political entity?

Nil.

Based and Nasrallahpilled

Why? They have Iranian weapons don't they? Can't they just create mass chaos in northern Israel/occupied Palestine which would lead to a nation-wide political crisis? They won in 2006 after all.

Hizbollah has been the single greatest asset for Assad other than the Russian Air Force. In return Hizbollah has gotten more sophisticated rockets and heavy weapons from Iran/Syria. They've also been rotating thousands in and out of Syria. They are much more experienced than they were 10 years ago and are combat hardened. For all their vaunted power, the 2006 Lebanon War was not a victory for either side. Both sides will claim a win, but Israel restructured significant parts of its military as a result. You don't do that if you're winning. I believe Hizbollah came out the better and they've shown to be adapting from lessons they've learned. They're basically the only non-retarded Arab military force (Syria's best army troops fight on the level of 18 year old recruits if you watch Youtube videos, MENA suck at war as literally anything that isn't can win…Chad defeated Libya with pickup trucks) and they're primarily a light infantry militia.

Hizbollah causalities are estimated to be a few thousand in Syria since 2012, but there are plenty waiting to take up the cause. There's gonna be a crippled Syria out of the civil war, but a strengthened Hizbollah.

They're just going to get bombed to shit. What are they going to do against air power?

Wasn't aware of this, thought it would be a cakewalk for Israel.

Hezbollah's armed corps is basically set up to exploit the IDF's weaknesses, as the IDF is a conventional although casualty-averse army. Population percentage-wise, a single Israeli casualty is like 50 American casualties. Hezbollah is basically trained and equipped to ambush advancing IDF troops with dispersed, mobile teams of professional soldiers willing to die for their cause and armed with pretty sophisticated weapons such as anti-tank guided missiles.

They also have a large rocket arsenal which they will use to saturate northern Israel, forcing the populations living there to evacuate. Worse from the Israeli point of view, Hezbollah can now likely hit Tel Aviv – although only enough to rattle these cities. The idea isn't to collapse the Israeli state but to raise the stakes enough until international pressure forces a cease fire. This also gives Hezbollah credibility in Lebanon, because the one thing that unites the highly diverse Lebanese population is hatred of Israel.

Stay mobile. Hide. Pray. Air power is messy though (despite all the new technology) and you can't win wars from the air.

The IDF had a lot of problems in 2006. They went in with armored columns that got barbecued by Hezbollah ATGMs at long range. Numbers are imprecise because the IDF doesn't disclose them, but one estimate is 21 "mission-killed" tanks. Don't know how many armored troop carriers, and 121 soldiers KIA and 1,244 wounded – which if we're going by a population comparison again, would be like 6,000 U.S. soldiers KIA'd and 62,000 wounded in a few weeks of fighting.

The IDF has most certainly changed its tactics for the upcoming rumble.

Attached: merkava.jpg (1016x926 49.69 KB, 256.67K)

Even cynically looking at this, this will probably still result in a blow to Israel's military that other factions can take advantage of and possibly help rally all the other anti-Zionist/Israel factions together.

What do you mean by messy? Israel doesn't care about collateral damage. Dead men can't win wars either.

Attached: apache.gif (315x227, 1.47M)

Killing a bunch of civilians from the air just results in a bunch of dead civilians, not dead Hezbollah fighters. But it's not just "collateral damage" that is a problem from a strict military perspective but hitting nothing at all in many cases. Air forces always say "we dropped X number of munitions, destroying Y number of enemy combatants" when in fact they blew up a cow munching on grass. That happens a lot.

Best solution will be get something like SA-11 Gadfly and start shoot down their planes.

Israel will be still able to carry out air strikes on Lebanon without even leaving Israel airspace because with high-altitude glide bombing, but that reduces accuracy. People forget how small the area we're talking about is. The border is only 30 miles long. That's like one end of Oklahoma City to the other.

Controversial opinion, but the Merkava is a sexy as fuck tank and if Israel is ever dissolved or is annexed by Palestine they should just keep it and rename it.

Attached: 76ytyu.png (698x570, 585.33K)

More likely then not they'll drop a few bombs and shell the area a bit then leave and say they won. I don't think they'll actually go into Lebanon what with the US already having to deal with problems elsewhere in the nearby area. Then again, they could just become overconfident retards who will do so anyway.

ChallengerII looks better, hopefully Comrade Corbyn will get his hand on them.

Controversial opinion: I'm a fan of this really over-the-top Israeli gay club disco music. Israeli music mixes in some Arab instruments and Jewish music tends toward the minor key so I think it sounds really cool: youtube.com/watch?v=QcAVl2tUPoo

They also have this trans diva named Dana International who sounds like Fran Drescher singing disco in Hebrew. It's horrifying, nails-on-chalkboard obnoxious but I love it: youtube.com/watch?v=n7BmMsdzwAQ

The phrase "Gay Jewish music from Israel" is also basically an auditory weapon that will eliminate Nazis on first contact like fucking Raiders of the Lost Ark. Israeli men also all look like supermodels because they all serve in the army and walk everywhere.

I should add that the terrain of southern Lebanon is really unforgiving. It's all rocky and rolling hills and is pretty dense with villages bypassed by windy, narrow roads. Never been there myself but would recommend doing a Google Maps tour. Not great terrain for tanks in any case.

Unfortunately, I think if the Israelis go in, they'll go in full force like Warhammer 40,000 and it will be a catastrophe for the Lebanese people who will suffer greatly. I think this is what they've been preparing for. Their mistake in 2006, the way the IDF brass interprets it, was going in but doing it in a piecemeal fashion.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (400x399, 241.52K)

Attached: tumblr_pfr0guvA3E1ts4zyt_540.jpg (540x320 50.42 KB, 35.87K)

it should also be noted that Hez missile strikes basically shut down the Israeli economy to a complete standstill and it'll be worse in the next war as Hez's missile capabilities have grown considerably.

Israel can only fight for around 25 days before they implode due to economic and social reasons

They should throw a beard growing contest to see who gets it.

I mean would mean Druze administration of the West Bank…

Weird… its almost as if a certain austrian politician and war hero was correct all along… weird.. so very very weird… I mean its not like israeli expansionist and antagonistic policy has been a *BAD* thing right… hmm weird.

Attached: downloadfile.jpg (442x500 125.12 KB, 63.04K)

You mean the same austrian politician and "war hero" who colluded with Zionists and who's original first plan was to work with said Zionists to allow for the creation of a Jewish ethnostate in Palestine?

Attached: 82544074960100640360no.jpg (640x360, 171.7K)

Didn't Bibi blame the Palestinians on the Holocaust though
Said that since the Palestinians didn't let Hitler send the Jews to Palestine, he had to kill them?

In that region, that salute has no relation to Hitler or Nazis.
Even Marxist-Leninist PFLP does it.

Attached: pflp roman salute.jpg (958x634, 86.37K)

Attached: ashke nazi.png (1440x810, 471.6K)

Hezbollah's military is geared for specific task orientation that relies on proximity to friendly populations and mountainous terrain to maximize its guerrilla effectiveness. Its a thorough defense force. They're an actual "defense force" unlike their IDF counterparts or more accurately "invader occupation force"

weird… very very weird, hmmm….

Pray.
Spooked.

see how that air superiority went in 2006.
it didnt mean squat shit so jews started hitting civillian targets, only making more lebanese join hezbollah

and it will be 2006 or 1984 all over again. syrians and iranians come in and save the day, israel retreats with devastated morale and casualtiesand sais "we completed X abstract objective so we actually win"

The best part was when they hit that UN observation outpost that was suppose to track such incidents and then subsequently started hitting more villages after. The IDF had to tone it down when they realized the entire world could circumvent US media.