No, you have not discovered a grand truth hidden by the elites

Jaxon Campbell
Jaxon Campbell

No, you have not discovered a grand truth hidden by the elites. You are just shouting at each other in this echo chamber that the whole world is about to end every five years and that the current system that everyone except a few entitled lazy teenagers oppose. Sure, the horribly unchecked capitalism in the US is horrible, but with countries where they have figured out how to have a fair system (Norway, Switzerland, Denmark, Japan) you shout "HURR CAPITALISM WITH SMILEY FACE" without acknowledging how they are the best countries in the world and everyone gets a fair chance at a good life if they work hard enough (getting a job here is ridicilously easy as long as you have decent grades). You talk like everything is going to collapse as if the economists wouldn't have predicted it by now, but guess what, we have practically reached the end of history. A few dictators in the third world are couped and you conspiracy theorists genuinely believe that the CIA is building a world hegemony. Your cognitive dissonance is just astounding. The riots in France could have just been prevented with a Swiss semi-democracy.

Attached: 1193563926-m.jpg (109.88 KB, 800x928)

All urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/isis-us-saudi-arabia-arms-fighters-jihadis-military-capability-enhanced-weapons-syria-terrorism-a8112076.html
nbcnews.com/news/world/isis-weapons-arsenal-included-some-purchased-u-s-government-n829201
aljazeera.com/news/2017/12/isil-weapons-traced-saudi-arabia-171214164431586.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_Federation_of_Northern_Syria
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naxalite
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communist_Party_of_the_Philippines
amnesty.org.uk/womens-rights-afghanistan-history
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AK-47#Production
marxists.org/archive/lenin/works/1916/imp-hsc/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2B9_Vasilek

Benjamin Campbell
Benjamin Campbell

Very interesting thread.

Charles Martin
Charles Martin

You sound mad.

Attached: 6de.jpg (111.22 KB, 629x793)

Andrew Wright
Andrew Wright

Japan and Singapore are fucking fascist countries, the left is just mad that fascism is actually successful.

Ryder Sullivan
Ryder Sullivan

No, they are not. Stop fear-mongering.

Ayden Flores
Ayden Flores

bad things would not happen if the world was different
Any more insightful statements you feel like sharing OP? I could make a dozen like that before having breakfast.

Lincoln James
Lincoln James

Yes, they fucking are.

Merging between corporations and government.
Strong racial nationalistic spirit.
Strong domestic industry and culture.
Anti-foreigner and xenophobia.

Leftists are trying to work around that shit.

Ethan Turner
Ethan Turner

Sure there are leftist jerking themselves off in echo chambers on the internet, but that's true for any ideology, it doesn't prove anything. What is true for Marxism that isn't for other ideologies is that there are Marxists organizing and fighting actual wars at this very moment.
Please read Capital.. If you don't understand the Marxist critique of capitalism there's no point in arguing against it.
The fact that CIA has played a major role on international affairs and regime change and is arguably the cause of radical Islam and terrorism is not contestable.
Also I would recommend you watch some of Michael Parenti's speeches on youtube, they are accessible and enlightening on the basic stuff.

Wyatt Bennett
Wyatt Bennett

What is true for Marxism that isn't for other ideologies is that there are Marxists organizing and fighting actual wars at this very moment.
Such as?
The fact that CIA has played a major role on international affairs and regime change and is arguably the cause of radical Islam and terrorism is not contestable.
Yes it is, Islam has always existed and radical, the fact they got funding from the CIA AND the KGB does not mean they are innocent.

Anthony Sanders
Anthony Sanders

From the top of my head: Syria, Philippines and India.
Yes it is, Islam has always existed and radical, the fact they got funding from the CIA AND the KGB does not mean they are innocent.
Funny how you mentioned the KGB, because the anti-soviet CIA campaign is exactly what radicalized the secular muslims under Soviet influence. The CIA funded Al-Qaeda and Saddam. The US sells weapons to ISIS, (I'll have to look up the source for that) and is directly funding Saudi Arabia's genocide in Yemen.

Brody Hall
Brody Hall

independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/isis-us-saudi-arabia-arms-fighters-jihadis-military-capability-enhanced-weapons-syria-terrorism-a8112076.html
nbcnews.com/news/world/isis-weapons-arsenal-included-some-purchased-u-s-government-n829201
aljazeera.com/news/2017/12/isil-weapons-traced-saudi-arabia-171214164431586.html

Ethan Fisher
Ethan Fisher

From the top of my head: Syria, Philippines and India.
Where's the marxist troops fighting in Syria? There's not even war in Pinoy and India.
Funny how you mentioned the KGB, because the anti-soviet CIA campaign is exactly what radicalized the secular muslims under Soviet influence.
secular muslim
Yeah and the sky is red.
They are also using Soviet equipment so I guess communists are funding them?

Tyler Gutierrez
Tyler Gutierrez

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_Federation_of_Northern_Syria
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naxalite
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communist_Party_of_the_Philippines
secular muslim

"Until the conflict of the 1970s, the 20th Century had seen relatively steady progression for women's rights in the country. Afghan women were first eligible to vote in 1919 - only a year after women in the UK were given voting rights, and a year before the women in the United States were allowed to vote. In the 1950s purdah (gendered separation) was abolished; in the 1960s a new constitution brought equality to many areas of life, including political participation."

"But during coups and Soviet occupation in the 1970s, through civil conflict between Mujahideen groups and government forces in the '80s and '90s, and then under Taliban rule, women in Afghanistan had their rights increasingly rolled back."

Mujahideen were armed by the CIA btw.

They are also using Soviet equipment so I guess communists are funding them?
Explain

Joshua Gutierrez
Joshua Gutierrez

I don't see any war there, are these bandits?
"Until the conflict of the 1970s, the 20th Century had seen relatively steady progression for women's rights in the country.
And what about the year before that, champ?
"But during coups and Soviet occupation in the 1970s, women in Afghanistan had their rights increasingly rolled back."
Well OK.
Explain
Soviet equipment is made by communist for communist, correct?

Kevin Brooks
Kevin Brooks

And what about the year before that, champ?
What about it? In the US christians were openly treating black people like subhumans untill the '60s. The only reason Islam today is more radical than christianity is because their countries are poor and exploited by imperialists.

Well OK.
Most of us don't agree with the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan as the USSR was revisionist at that time. Ignoring that, the US was funding small radical Islamists to take over the country because they would oppose the Soviet influence. Guess what? Al-Qaeda and Osama came out of this.

Soviet equipment is made by communist for communist, correct?
Where exactly is soviet equipment being used and at what period?

Anthony Mitchell
Anthony Mitchell

My point is that if the entire world had social democracy we would prosper and be stable forever. There is no collapse.

Adrian Brooks
Adrian Brooks

What about it?
I said what about the years before that, champ.
Answer it.
Most of us don't agree with the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan as the USSR was revisionist at that time.
Who cares? What makes me care is that the Soviet roled back these changes.
Where exactly is soviet equipment being used and at what period?
The entire 70s to now, muslim are still using Soviet equipment.

Dominic Jenkins
Dominic Jenkins

Read Marx.

Nathan Perez
Nathan Perez

I said what about the years before that, champ.
The years before that the christians in Europe were slaughtering each other in WW1. Also the years before that the USSR didn't exist. What is your point exactly?

the Soviet roled back these changes.
Yeah I'm sure that the CIA funding extremist far right fundamentalists had nothing to do with it.

The entire 70s to now, muslim are still using Soviet equipment.

Aiden White
Aiden White

muh socdem countries
1) Even social democracy is falling to neoliberalism across the world now that there are no longer any spooky scary Bolsheviks scaring the bourgeoisie straight
2) marxists.org/archive/lenin/works/1916/imp-hsc/

Eli Allen
Eli Allen

Your tendency of profit to fall is completely wrong though? Things have been getting progressively better here in Norway ever since the end of ww2 and there is no end to our society lurking in the shadows. the 2008 crisis caused by the mutts barely scratched our rock solid safety shell.

Sebastian Roberts
Sebastian Roberts

What do you mean we are failing? Even if unpopular reforms take place I think the people should be able to vote against them, like in Switzerland.

Landon Ward
Landon Ward

Capitalism is a global system. Globalization didn't happen just because of some evil "globalist" conspiracy, it was a requirement for global capitalism to maintain its dominance.
Examining conditions in single counties without understanding the global network of resource production and exploitation is like a global warming denier noticing a single country get colder.

Jason Wilson
Jason Wilson

Norway has had a degree of prosperity because of oil and being a beneficiary of imperialism. As such, not every country could adopt the ebin Nordic model libs like to gush about. You are rich partially from the oil, but mostly because other countries are poor. Venezuela is actually a good example of when an oil-rich nation that is a traditional victim of imperialism tries to take on a similar model to that of Norway.

David Nelson
David Nelson

The years before that the christians in Europe were slaughtering each other in WW1.
Which says what about secular muslim before the 20s? Hmm? That is my point, where are they?
Yeah I'm sure that the CIA funding extremist far right fundamentalists had nothing to do with it.
Yeah, the CIA funds "extremist" while the Soviet rolls back laws so that they can be "extremist" too.

It's not just AK-47.

Brody Rogers
Brody Rogers

Which says what about secular muslim before the 20s? Hmm? That is my point, where are they?
Christians weren't secular back then and you expect me to show you secular muslims?

Yeah, the CIA funds "extremist" while the Soviet rolls back laws so that they can be "extremist" too.
It wasn't the Soviets that rolled back the laws, it was the Taliban who got into power.

It's not just AK-47.
Then give me sources.

Caleb Price
Caleb Price

Christians weren't secular back then
The fact? Christians were secular back then, christians have been secular since the goddamn Englintenement.
and you expect me to show you secular muslims?
Yes? Why not? You muslims can be secular right?
It wasn't the Soviets that rolled back the laws, it was the Taliban who got into power.
Nope, both the Soviet and the Tablin rolled back laws.
Then give me sources.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2B9_Vasilek

Leo Evans
Leo Evans

You know that we were to Sweden/Denmark what Korea was to Japan, right? We were also victims of imperialism but now we have come to good terms with each other.

Justin Lee
Justin Lee

Christians were secular back then
What are you talking about, slavery was a thing and you tell me they were secular? Most of the people were xenophobes. Sure secular ideas were born in the enlightenment but that doesn't magically make everyone secular.

You muslims can be secular right?
Yes, on the condition that they are not poor and uneducated like they are now in the third world.

Nope, both the Soviet and the Tablin rolled back laws.
Sources?

Daniel Robinson
Daniel Robinson

Also that weapon you linked isn't shown to be used by terrorists during the Soviet period.

Caleb White
Caleb White

What are you talking about, slavery was a thing and you tell me they were secular?
Slavery was outlawed since the 20th century, it's only kept in the muslim countries. In fact, slavery was secularity too, since Christianity forbid slavery.
Yes, on the condition that they are not poor and uneducated like they are now in the third world.
So I guess saudi arabians are secular? How about the ones in Qtar? Or the ones in Iran? Hmm?
Sources?
"But during coups and Soviet occupation in the 1970s, through civil conflict between Mujahideen groups and government forces in the '80s and '90s, and then under Taliban rule, women in Afghanistan had their rights increasingly rolled back."

Brandon Nelson
Brandon Nelson

It's used by the muslim states.

Parker Scott
Parker Scott

cheked

Andrew Miller
Andrew Miller

Slavery was outlawed since the 20th century, it's only kept in the muslim countries. In fact, slavery was secularity too, since Christianity forbid slavery.
Yes, but European countries colonized the whole world and even today they exploit many third world countries, leading them to extremism.

So I guess saudi arabians are secular? How about the ones in Qtar? Or the ones in Iran? Hmm?
Those places are Monarchies and Theocracies were the religious dogma is law. What exactly are you implying? That Christianity is somehow better? Because it was the exact same before changes were made against its religious dominance.

Sources?
The text doesn't specify who rolled back the women's rights, only that it happened during that period.

Brandon Walker
Brandon Walker

Yes, but European countries colonized the whole world and even today they exploit many third world countries, leading them to extremism.
Colonialism was done by every major countries in the world, muslim countries included. Look at the Ottoman.
Those places are Monarchies and Theocracies were the religious dogma is law.
They all have decent to high living standard, surely, poverty and education do not make one secular.
The text doesn't specify who rolled back the women's rights, only that it happened during that period.
Considering the Soviet occupied the territory at that time, the responsibility of laws fall upon them.

Tyler Lewis
Tyler Lewis

Social democracy is a nice dream but it's a failed project that can only be sustained by marxist revolutions happening in other countries.

Chase Miller
Chase Miller

Elaborate on this. As in, Nordic countries are successful because the Soviets came to power?

Justin Phillips
Justin Phillips

If there were no revolutions in the 20th century I don't think social democracy would even be a thing.

William Morgan
William Morgan

Colonialism was done by every major countries in the world, muslim countries included. Look at the Ottoman.
The Ottomans didn't colonize, they expanded and they were forced to abandon their territories by the major powers of Europe. Also, muslims in Turkey today are much more moderate.

They all have decent to high living standard, surely, poverty and education do not make one secular.
When compared to muslims in the USSR, or muslims that have migrated to European nations you can tell how the political system in these Monarchies reinforces religious fundamentalism. Also, the only way such countries exist the way they do is because it is in the direct interest of Imperialism.

Considering the Soviet occupied the territory at that time, the responsibility of laws fall upon them.
That is a non sequitur. Just because they occupied the territory doesn't mean they controlled it absolutely. If fundamentalists held over parts of Afghanistan they could impose their own laws.

Isaac Hughes
Isaac Hughes

please fill this out before posting again

Attached: butthurt-form.jpg (97.19 KB, 576x720)

Sebastian Ortiz
Sebastian Ortiz

how it feels like to walk into this thread
shame I forgot my bаboon kibble…

Attached: 2014DEC-81020331.jpg (131.82 KB, 1200x675)

Colton Jackson
Colton Jackson

Why do you think social democracies are falling to right wingers OP ?

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit