Texas Roadhouse Forcing Workers to Dance

Excellent thread on /biz/ right now:
boards.4channel.org/biz/thread/12055380
I actually went to one of these restaurants with my boomer parents once, and had no idea they would be dancing. It was extra fucked up though, because we were in the deep south and all the employees were black. They had to sing some kind of old spiritual slave song and were marching around in a line with their hands together, it looked like a fucking chain gang.

Attached: 1544292090797.jpg (300x168, 10.97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U-C_Nm7v81M
youtu.be/GB86QT9bRq0
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1544342570523.webm
boards.4channel.org/biz/thread/12065227
boards.4channel.org/biz/thread/12068689
youtu.be/lrNdLdiX7jA
youtu.be/RH9kl6XZixo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yeah there's quite a few chains that do this kind of stuff. I'm in the Northeast and I've seen it a bunch of times. I'd never work at one of these places

Why can't we stop these boomer crimes?

Attached: 1544293891544.jpg (640x1136, 159.04K)

this is prime astroturfing hour

get in there comrades

Attached: E507DA0D-6A32-4C8D-BF37-63950E271A69.png (1676x937, 1.76M)

There's a BBQ chain called Mission BBQ that makes their customers stand up for the national anthem every goddamn day.

Real cult shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=U-C_Nm7v81M

Wow, I almost forgot 4chan could have fun threads like that.

Kek, fucking burgers.
We can't even get people to sing GSTQ in a pub during the world cup.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1024x696, 1.25M)

I just went to one if these places and they actually force their workers to wear shirts that say "I

yep
youtu.be/GB86QT9bRq0
courtesy of /biz/

Even worse though every table has a free bucket of peanuts, which has to be hell to clean up. There were shells all over the place and some tables had huge piles of them.

Low-energy virtual signaling ITT. Can we get any lamer perhaps?

cringing at videos of torture isn't virtue signalling.

/biz/ is killing it

Attached: 1544342570523.webm (1086x776, 947.22K)

porky edit needed

I used to be required to do this at Joe's Crab Shack.
Eventually I figured out that it was possible to duck in the bathroom 95% of the time when the music came on.
The flip side was smoking blunts by the dumpster and the kitchen manager making all of us drinks on the shifts he was in charge, including the underage wait staff.

Best thing from the thread:
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1544342570523.webm

fugg

boards.4channel.org/biz/thread/12065227

I have no mouth and I must Y I K E

Attached: boomer.jpg (1024x768, 143.13K)

This is the most American image I’ve ever seen. Perfectly encapsulates the fake Christian culture of conservative America

Whoever made this should be fed to dogs.

Imagine obeying your boss if they tried to make you do this

Fuck I just choked on my drink watching this

Missed lawsuit opportunity.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (777x182, 38.23K)

I didn't know /biz/ was so based

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (535x119, 38.65K)

That's probs one of our lads (I severely doubt Biz have Corbyn reaction images).

I quit going to halfchan before /biz/ was founded. What do they typically do there? LARP as porky?

they convince each other to by scamcoins

Is there anything more indicative of the soullessness of late capitalism than a chain restaurant? I ate at one of these dumps once and it sucked. I hope the next recession takes down as many chain restaurants as possible.

Attached: 441f55fdcaa89223b47c565b416f667d8453f8621848a71cb629250a3f584a71.png (756x760, 39.69K)

Advertising

gonna second advertising/marketing
god those people just really fucking suck
"tech startups" sound like they're pretty bad too

ill give fast food one thing its honest about what it is
You know your getting a Cow Anus burger made by a oily student who hates being there

But these Chain "Restaurants" are a fucking abomination
the one nearest to me in AUS is this place called "Outback steakhouse" where they make it look like a Barn or wtf ever so you can eat some dried "Steak" that tastes like plastic

this

Attached: capitalism.jpg (960x1200, 179.19K)

I keep saying this: the wagie meme has potential.

boards.4channel.org/biz/thread/12068689

the wagie meme is always good for a laff

Attached: get in cagie.png (837x501, 155.65K)

No. I'm saying that using the wagie meme we can spread class consciousness on /biz/.

looks pretty at night though

That'll only be possible in the event of a stock market crash. /biz/ is however not all that terribly reactionary in comparison to say /a/, /sp/, and /v/

/biz/ is fucking art at this point

AAAaand I have cancer.

Attached: 1.png (1284x447, 128.31K)

I remember discussing anarcho-syndicalism on /a/ like a decade ago. Incredible how much things have changed.

Attached: 1379853832057.jpg (255x291, 12.51K)

New thread: boards.4channel.org/biz/thread/12065227

This still goes on.

Attached: 1.png (664x237, 88.3K)

I remember discussing stuff like that on /a/ too. Usually in comfy late night threads. I miss old 4chan.

Attached: COTTON EYE WAGEY.webm (1086x776, 947.22K)

It's ironic that they sperg about 'the left' ruining video games with identity politics while destroying their own website with identity politics.

Attached: fOf1gNl.jpg (684x775, 60.69K)

But it's true.

And how do they destroy their own website with "identity politics"?

if you can't tell then you should probably smash yourself in the head with a ball peen hammer.

Attached: 0BUmLFq.png (413x435, 157.65K)

I like that he photoshopped in peanut crumbs

just give up.

Anti-SJWs effectively becoming the mirror inverse of the SJWs they despise. Easily triggered, shitting up discussions and lowering board quality.

How? They get banned every times they mention politics.

I genuinely can't tell.

The fact you can't discuss politics on /a/ is not because of Zig Forums, is because /a/ mods hammer down any political discussion.

It still happens in any thread that can vaguely be connected to anything political at all. Just because it's against the rules doesn't mean that it doesn't happen. Hell, go to /v/ and you'll see a group of assclowns that go into a seething rage at the mere mention of any minorities.

That's because the mods aren't omniprescient.

The fact the mods ban them actually encourage them, which makes it look leftist mods helping leftists.

Maybe they should read the rules then instead of being unbearable faggots.

If you follow the rules, you shouldn't be able to talk politics at all.

So the oldfags who talk about "anarcho-syndicalist" ought to be banned.

Maybe you're right about that, but it also hasn't been a thing since most of the board's users were even in elementary school, and I don't remember any threads being derailed by it.

How the fuck? If you talk about politics, you derail the thread.

Because the thread's topic could still be discussed and not turn into an unsalvageable mess.

Again, that's where the mods come in to decide.

This post from /biz/ is very true:
I live down the street from a Texas Roadhouse … in Texas. I wish I had a picture of this but there are these murals in there of suburban white families fishing on the nearby lake and it looks like something out of a North Korean propaganda poster.

One thing people don't know is that in the recent election, people who moved to Texas from other states preferred Ted Cruz (who over-identified himself during the campaign with Texas stereotypes like cowboy boots and a kind of "traditional Texan identity") than Texans who were actually born here, who voted more for Beto O'Rourke.

There is a belief on the conservative right in this state that Texas is becoming competitive because of Californians moving here but it's not true. There is geopolitical "sorting" going on where conservatives are constructing an idealized image of Texas in their head, and moving here and implementing it. Like, there are millions of Republican voters in California: I think those are the ones mostly moving here. And I think the state is becoming more competitive, but it's because the Republicans are doing extremely badly with the young population, which is also very diverse, who were born here and are now reaching the age where they become more politically engaged.

By the way, Cruz's last campaign event was at a multi-million-dollar restaurant, bar and concert venue in Houston called the Redneck Country Club, which is like redneck kayfabe for suburban, cul-de-sac cowboys who move here and immediately buy a pickup truck and let their right-wing freak flag fly. I knew one guy who lived in the Hill Country (west of Austin) where there are actual ranchers still, and he said this dude who moved here two years ago from Baltimore bought a truck and started dressing like a Hollywood cowboy *complete with a duster, cowboy hat and spurs*. He lives in a gated community. The ranchers would see him driving around and they'd laugh at him.

And naturally, Cruz himself and his wife Heidi are also posh and rich as fuck and lived for awhile in a Houston condo tower. They are the wine-and-cheese set. Anyways, it's mainly just funny.

Attached: cruz.jpg (960x638 70.87 KB, 244.93K)

I've been banned for insulting Trump on /v/ many times without making being OP so your point is invalid.

Because you make it about politics.

If someone was insulting Marx or Corbyn or Venezuala, you would want that person get banned for "shitting up the thread".

A lot talk about Cruz, but how many millions did Beto sink into his campaign?

If it was on /v/, I wouldn't really want a discussion about Marx in the first place unless kept strictly game related.

So if it's on /v/, what's there to talk about Trump?

Beto O'Rourke is a right-wing Democrat. I don't care about Beto O'Rourke.
(me)
Also, well I find this interesting, but for another example of this is the Houston Rodeo, which is a recent and modern invention, because Houston was never a cow town. It's a swampy city and was a port city in the 19th century and later an oil and gas refining and shipment hub. But because it's in Texas, it needs a rodeo, because that's what "Texas" is, so it got one.

But if you go back into the early 20th century and further back, the original culture of the place was more like New Orleans with the Caribbean influence. More voodoo. I think you see shadows of this though in the local black population which produces this surreal and psychedelic hip hop (RIP DJ Screw):

youtu.be/lrNdLdiX7jA

youtu.be/RH9kl6XZixo

Attached: scott_2.png (1312x499 1010.01 KB, 391.3K)

But you care about Cruz, which makes it weird, eh?

I find my state (where I'm from) and its weird culture interesting. Cruz is mainly just funny to me. It doesn't matter for working people which one is senator. At all.

Which is why most working-class people here NEVER vote, ever, in their lives.

Oh OK, just found the fact you find Cruz funny but ignoring Beto funny, because Beto sure tried harder than Cruz to be appear as hip.

Well, if you want to know my opinion, honestly Beto is just white Obama. Liberals (particularly white liberals) basically want to vote for Democrats, so they project onto them their own views to justify doing it, even if the candidates don't actually share those views. It's very much "feels over reals" even though it's not a coincidence Beto O'Rourke's climate change "plan" caters to oil and gas industry profits over the future of human civilization. But if you ask your average Beto voter what they think of him, he's going to save the planet and the "waters will begin to recede" like that Obama line from 2008.

Liberals are actually pretty apolitical. They hate politics and just sort of live vicariously through Beto O'Rourke's "personal journey" or upward path to glory or whatever. I was talking to a guy working on a local Democratic campaign who was sort of cynical about the Democrats, and said he applied for a job with the county party and they literally asked him during the interview "how much West Wing have you watched?" Like, the T.V. show. But if you watch the West Wing – it's about a fictionalized Democratic president – they don't have any policy accomplishments at all. It's all this uplifting hoo hah. They don't see politics as a struggle between competing interests, even.

I mean in the West Wing, if you watch all eight seasons or whatever, which is a two-term presidency; the fictional president literally accomplishes nothing. He just gives speeches about the better angels of our nature and blah blah blah. This is an idealized liberal power fantasy and they don't actually DO anything. What does that say about liberalism, you know?

Get in here fags. Pic very much related.

Attached: 1544410236269.png (400x2000, 54.43K)

Another worker in Marketing
Other workers working in other areas, also exploited
The surplus value extracted from the workers' labor
Bossman, who exploits other workers to train in addition of working
Probably, no one. Bossman, if he is smart, likely got a loan that he can declare bankruptcy if things go FUBAR and continue living as a prole
On the other hand, if the business fails, the workers are now unemployed, in a time where the job market is getting saturated.

So in short, if all workers work on something, who decide that workers get what?

inb4 worker council

What makes worker council different than capitalists?

The computerised planning system and workers councils. The workers councils are different from capitalists because they are made up of workers and are more democratic than porky controlling everything.

Which is somehow fairer than capitalists?
Not a fucking argument, democracy doesn't mean fairness.

which is why you compute the value of someone's labor so their merit is quantitative and not qualitative.

And who controls the computer?

Such computer is in place today, but someone is behind it.

It is more efficient than capitalists, and combined with worker democracy is able to produce fairer results. Democracy by itself may be not fair, but a workers democracy will benefit the workers which constitute the majority of people and after the de-bourgeoisification of society will include all of the society.

Also, it should be QUALITATIVE.

I don't see why, explain?
Elected bosses aren't anywhere fairer than normal bosses.

the trade unions

why?

Trade unions are even more corrupted than the fucking bourg. They have no stakes on anything.
Quality should be focus before quantity.

There's no point to quantity if your quality is shit, see China.

similar conclusion in thread

Attached: 1.png (1247x392, 108.18K)

Since the computer can calculate values better than humans and since there is no hidden data, it doesn't need to guess. Elected bosses are fairer, why do you not think so?

I'm not the guy you're talking to, but a system that benefits more people is obviously more efficient. Use computing for example; imagine you find a program that supposedly uses hyperthreading, but only uses 1 thread for most of the processing, would you consider that an efficient program?

demand is qualified by the consumer, a worker's ability to satisfy demand is his qualitative merit.
*by the fucking bourg
they don't have to be, and they definitely weren't during the turn of the 20th century

I like how these quantitative vs. qualitative arguments act like quality control workers don't exist or that computers and machines can't check the quality of a product. I used to be in machining, I knew people who were in quality control and who didn't even need to check the product with tools/instruments themselves, they just looked at it it for a bit and then put it into a machine that proceeded to do all the necessary tests while they stood and observed. You can ensure quality while also producing enough of a quantity to meet demand, its just currently now companies will purposely lower quality to to push costs through the floor while using it as justification for not paying their workers enough. Its also always better to move masses of product then to have buyers and distributors waiting.

AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ffffffhhhhhhhh

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Attached: 2.png (851x146 16.21 KB, 25.65K)

they're such brainlets but they make good ass memes though.

committing species suicide to own the libs

The last man on Earth will wait until his fellow human dies in his arms whispering into his ears: "we could have been so much better", sighing her last breath. Then the last man will stand up, smiling, and shout for a final time: "LOL, TRIGGERED!"

When Americans finally snap it'll make Colombia's La Violencia look like a playground shoving match.

Thank you. I'm not the only one who thinks this is the pattern for the U.S. if things go really tits up bad

what the fuck

The French need to rebel because they don't have freedom.
Mutts don't need to rebel because they have guns, and therefore freedom.

Buddy, Americans are this close to going full Yugoslav.