Is there a good documentary on what the fuck happened with greece, for someone with burger education?

is there a good documentary on what the fuck happened with greece, for someone with burger education?

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (2490x1867, 3.59M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Afl9WFGJE0M
youtube.com/watch?v=yjxAArOkoA0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I am Greek and i hardly know what happened
In general most docs would be propaganda
ama btw

well I'm asking because I don't know anything about Greece's politics even in general, even if it's propaganda I'm sure it's bound to help me gain some kind of understanding.

I don't know of a documentary but what basically happened was

Attached: germans.jpg (960x631 167.12 KB, 62.19K)

Attached: fug dey didn bay dem.png (1800x1200, 114.01K)

I always thought that I must be massively misinformed about something here but why do people give Varoufakis the time of day rather than hating him for this?

Greece memes thread NOW

Attached: greece-ball-cannot-into-clear-debts_o_3651257.jpg (460x817 255.31 KB, 47.19K)

Attached: mysides.jpg (600x729, 64.29K)

Joking aside, Varoufakis was only a small part of it. I don't recall if he was one of the delegation actually sent to negotiate or was just there in an advisory role. I want to say that he left after the referendum because he was disappointed in how completely things had been bungled. Apparently germany never intended to negotiate anyway, probably considering the shaky state of the other EU states like Spain and Italy, and he walked away after syriza committed to enforcing austerity.

I don't know what everyone else thinks or thought of him. Reactions on Zig Forums were somewhat mixed at the time, between supporting the hat-man meme and the assumption that syriza capitulating was a foregone conclusion. As aware as Yanis is, he's still a neoliberal economist, so I don't think anyone really expected him to help bring the revolution. Not on Zig Forums, anyway.

youtube.com/watch?v=Afl9WFGJE0M

The germans even made a song about the meme man himself.

Varoufakis worked for the pseudo-socdem gov the brought the 1st memorandum so….

Yeah, like I said, he's a neoliberal economist.

Read his book retard.

No he's not, he's heterodox and supports MMT and shit like that.

I meant Adults in the Room, haven't read that yet.

Did Syriza support Yes? I could swear they wanted a No vote.

Supporting Yes makes more sense for what happened afterwards though.

He left because the EU was going around him and negotiating with Tsiapras and the """radical left""" former Eurobank employees Tsiapras surrounded himself with. Varoufakis' game plan was to do their best to get the EU to negotiate a reasonable haircut deal but keep the Grexit card in their back pocket as a last resort. Tsiapras was never gonna play that card, and like 1/3 of Syriza wanted to do nothing but play that card.

I like him and so do a lot of people on here. We're not all armchair radicals who consider every economist who doesn't want to replace currency with labor vouchers based on the part of Marx's Wikipedia article they read a neoliberal.

What definition of neoliberal does he fit? He opposes privatization, thinks unpayable debts should be forgiven, and is very anti-technocracy.

Syriza(along with the patriotic conpiracy theorist party) must had been the only people with power that supported No
The far-leftist felt snobish and just said boycot the referendum
GD went back an forth changing from yes to no every other day
Most right wingers,πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§centristπŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ and the media supported yes
Now NO wasnt a no to EU iirc 70% of greek dont want to leave the EU
And around 55% of the hard eurosceptics are leftist so you realize the situation

Syriza publicly supported No, because symbolically it was telling the EU to go pound sand while Greece Grexited. This would have been an economic disaster, so they actually desired Yes because it would show a commitment to working with the EU and paying their debts and maybe get Germany to soften their stance. No one got what they wanted, except Germany, because they were the only one with a loaded gun pressed up against Greece's temple.

Hating him for what? Varoufakis wasn't the leader of Syriza.

is syriza reddit the party?

yup it was Tsipras. his wife should have carried out the threat tbh.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (542x467, 539.58K)

what is there to hate him for, he wasn't the one who decided to ignore the referendum?

youtube.com/watch?v=yjxAArOkoA0
here is a convo between varofakis, zizek, and assange, where greece is covered extensively
took place at a conference a few years ago