Christcoms

How do Christcoms justify worshipping a decidedly authoritarian god? Jesus was all about the Old Testament, which is about as authoritarian as you can get.

Attached: Kyuuyaku Megami Tensei (Eng v1.1).009.png (256x224, 17.51K)

Since when is it wrong for something to be authoritarian?

because absolutism is reactionary by definition.

The Lord of the Sabbath
(1 Samuel 21:1-9; Matthew 12:1-8; Luke 6:1-5)

23One Sabbath Jesus was passing through the grainfields, and His disciples began to pick the heads of grain as they walked along. 24So the Pharisees said to Him, “Look, why are they doing what is unlawful on the Sabbath?”

25Jesus replied, “Have you never read what David did when he and his companions were hungry and in need? 26During the high priesthood of Abiathar, he entered the house of God and ate the consecrated bread, which was lawful only for the priests. And he gave some to his companions as well.”

27Then Jesus declared, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. 28Therefore, the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath.”

Jesus Heals on the Sabbath
(Matthew 12:9-14; Luke 6:6-11)

1Once again Jesus entered the synagogue, and a man with a withered hand was there. 2In order to accuse Jesus, they were watching to see if He would heal on the Sabbath.

3Then Jesus said to the man with the withered hand, “Stand up among us.” 4And He asked them, “Which is lawful on the Sabbath: to do good or to do evil, to save life or to destroy it?”

But they were silent.

5Jesus looked around at them with anger and sorrow at their hardness of heart. Then He said to the man, “Stretch out your hand.” So he stretched it out, and it was restored.

Let a woman learn quietly with all submissiveness. I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet.

Most of this board is some version of Leninist.

Considering the scripture has been interpreted and reinterpreted in multiple contradictory ways by various groups throughout history - and the fact that Christianity has developed so far beyond the text that it is only tangentially related, if at all - I doubt most christcoms would even accept your premise. You could just as well have a view of God that is anti-authoritarian, or perhaps that the divine authority of God precludes any mortal authority. This isn't even getting to sects of Christianity which reject the scripture entirely.

Pretty sure the only time Jesus encouraged violence was against merchants selling shit in the temple. I seem to recall an obscure quote, something along the lines of "Let he who has not sinned be the first to cast their stone."

Hmmmmmmmmmm

Attached: 10th plague.jpg (1024x768 428.63 KB, 98.76K)

Remember the part where Pharoah was cool with the Jews leaving but then God hardened his heart so that he could righteously punish him? Wild.

Jesus would LOVE that

that's how all religion has and will work, people take the bits they like and ignore the ones they don't

What part was this exactly? God had already hardened his heart before Moses even went to him. The Pharaoh was an awful man and was (together with his people) punished for the sins of his regime.

why tho

Because the Pharaoh deserved to be punished, as did the rest of Egypt.

Then why not just punish him? Why bother with hardening his heart?

And furthermore, doesn't he only "deserve" to be punished because of what he did after God hardened his heart? That's awfully circular.

According to scripture, God puts all people in power, and all of the kings after Solomon were evil for the next century because he showed off to a Babylonian once.

Unironic Christcoms will never be as insane as unironic muslim commie trannies though.

RELIGION
IS
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
rude sage

I always thought Christian communism was a meme.

Why not? Egyptians had all benefited from the oppression and enslavement of God's people. Why should they be permitted to carry on as if they weren't living on top of a mound of dead Jewish infants and countless murdered slaves? God could've justifiably eliminated the entire Egyptian civilization honestly.

It's another "don't tell me what to do you are not my real dad"-episode.

it's another "2000 year old obscurantism is relevant" episode

I bet there's fewer than ten in the entire world.

benis