Trotsky (Netflix series)

Russian miniseries detailing the life of Leon Trotsky (available on Netflix).

What are your thoughts on it? For a dramatized serial that takes some obvious liberties with the historical accuracy, I thought it was pretty good. The lead actor was phenomenal.

Attached: Trotsky_(TV_series).jpg (250x351, 27.29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OX4UvfpoWBQ
timesofisrael.com/russian-tv-series-claims-jewish-trotsky-masterminded-the-bloody-1917-revolution/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How is Stalin portrayed? My opinion will hinge on this.

He's portrayed as a guy who steals from the rich and gives to the poor. I'm Russian so I thought he was portrayed pretty positively. Westerners might not get that impression because he also personally executes cops and looks menacing and is hostile to the west in general

i heard the series is quite stalinist and that trotsky is portrayed as the bad joo who manipulates lenin. i haven't watched it though

Lenin is portrayed as a giant asshole. Stalin is portrayed as the based grass roots revolutionary bank robber man. Trotsky is a mixed bag who basically masterminds the revolution by himself and is an asshole sometimes

lol netflix

Bourgeois propagandist garbage, just like Demon Revolyutsii. Revolution bad and all revolutionaries are asshole sociopaths. There are some decent aesthetics, but it's idiotic to expect Russian state propaganda to paint any revolutionary other than Stalin in a positive light.

It's not made by Netflix it's made by Russian state tv

Tbh many major revolutionary heroes were a little crazy

Attached: imagesroo.jpg (235x214, 11.44K)

Unruhe is a neonazi

I watched a couple episodes of Demon Revolutsii and it portrayed Lenin as a cowardly, hysterical pissant crawling before his foreign benefactor. It was painful to watch.

Do they show Trotsky getting the pick?

sounds more like a rat(no offence to the cute creatures), while you said
Anyway what can we expect from the putinist shithole….

Attached: DJF7197-min-e1445008549761.png (498x651, 79.55K)

From trailer Stalin looked like anti-Semitic gangster.

It's on netflix? Nice, I remember wanting to watch it a while back but didn't know where.

Sounds about right. Lenin could be… difficult.

How many episodes is it? I'll watch it in a few minutes.

Also
/our show/

OK, I'm interested.

cover artwork looks like shit. it screams "hurrrdurrrr communism is evil".

Somebody should make their interpretation of his train from the show into a webm. Looked pretty metal.

Attached: trotskys train.PNG (847x365, 402.45K)

From the sight of it they play up the "evil demonic gommunists", but it's not actually a bad thing because it makes the reds look really badass.

Comrades do not really like Trotsky especially the Russians.

Attached: 1545500998950-0.mp4 (480x360, 9.38M)

I think they made him a bit of an antihero though, people liked the series in Russia.

Attached: d0922b789a3528048c74f17a45ebc4fbdc2d6cb6106bd37f9754b861e9c9f9fe.mp4 (1280x720, 727.95K)

Anticommunist propaganda is a bit weird in Russia since Stalin and WW2 are respected too much for porky to go full reee gorillions like in Baltics and Ukraine. So instead porky shills focus on Lenin and Trotsky painting them as demonic anarchist SJWs, while differentiating Stalin as a cooler head who didn't really believe in communism and just wanted to make Russia stronker

I'm watching it now, Trotsky and Stalin seem like slick, badass dudes but Lenin comes off as a sperged midget retard

That's weird to me, because Lenin has always seemed like the most eloquent and had the greatest mind for theory.

Wtf, why do even the Russian trots seem so badass

Damn, people there still hate trotsky.

What are they saying to him?

yeah and that's why his legacy remains dangerous to porky, the clergy and the rest of the ruling class there.

First page of State and Revolution.

He was also notoriously belligerent and insistent on being right all the time. I always imagined him as a bit of a sperg tbh.

You kinda have to be in order to do what he did

He was

What was the source of this masterpiece?

That explains this shit, though to the artist's credit it does look like Stalin is more than a bit embarrassed about being there.

Attached: stalin cringing on some dudes chest.jpg (768x768, 110.99K)

Is that Tsar Nicholas? Why would anyone ever revere him?

Lenin almost throws Trotsky off the roof in the second episode.

a made for tv stalin movie with robert duvall
I recommend against watching it.

It's one thing to be right. It's another to insist upon it at all times. The latter makes a sperg.

Well it's like Laibach said, communism should be barbaric. It shouldn't try to be domesticated. Or maybe Zizek said that. Either way Zizek is a big fan of Laibach.

Attached: laibach_DPRK.jpg (1600x900, 267.94K)

It's funny because Stalin thought the same thing when he first met Lenin. He had this image of Lenin as this superhero-like figure from his writings, but encountered this little manlet. Like, "THIS is Lenin!?" Of course they became friends and went on to have hilarious adventures together so it all worked out.

and then he poisoned him to death

You should see the gulag.

Attached: 13ae046aff78e167617a66e7d36f276999d0e55b.jpg (1968x1965, 184.62K)

Attached: Stalin - Copy.jpg (889x979, 42.84K)

Basically, my point is that the real communism is the friends and comrades you make along the way.

Did anyone else's peepee get hard when he fugged the girl in the beginning?

Attached: 336478777997c7093304555d73ccf57551d1bc8fb4e553a1569c28365ac96812.png (750x750, 658.46K)

Watching it right now. Surprisingly pro-Bolshie. Stalin is fucking badass!

My god, did Zig Forums made the artwork? It looks like it's pushing for hurr durr joos and ebul gommunism way too hard.

Is he really hated in Russia? Why though, I mean obviously there are reasons to hate Trotsky but it's not like the guy played an awful role in Soviet history?

They probably bought the "he helped the Nazis" meme.

Come to think of it, there's a (shitty) Russian shooter called Stalin Subway which is a FPS in the Moscow Metro during a Trotsky-fascist coup. You're on the side of Stalin.

I want to play it just for the cutscenes which are a trip: youtube.com/watch?v=OX4UvfpoWBQ

Attached: stalin.jpg (1280x720, 245.34K)

Based.

Why was Trotsky killed? I thought the general consensus behind Trotsky was very negative, but I never really heard anything specific about why.

Trotsky did do that though.

Attached: furr.png (225x243, 40.32K)

According to mainstream Russian views, Lenin was a Jewish spy that Austria sent to destroy the Russian Empire which he did with Liberalism. Stalin saw through Lenin's Liberalism and destroyed it and rebuilt the Russian Empire.

Not even the legendary Grover Furr is immune.

I wish more Communists were evil and demonic

Attached: 32.jpg (686x1061, 97.25K)

Russian reactionaries truly suffer from dementia.

i talked to an edgy teenager online who uses this an avatar
who is in the image?

your worst nightmare heheheh
*teleports behinds you*

That’s how I’ve always envisioned him

I think it's the Nazbol faction of Atomwaffen.

……..

Attached: q.png (834x276, 169.39K)

family, I don't have Netflix. Can a comrade put this on torrent?

Mine did comr8. Mine did indeed.

What surprised me was it didn't. It portrayed Trotsky and the Bolsheviks in a really balanced way. Ruthless, Machiavellian, at times unnecessarily cruel/bloodthirsty but undeniably heroic and true to his ideals. Really didn't expect such an admiring portrayal he's a complete fucking badass in this series.

Ok, so watched the whole thing and holy shit is this series politically confused. It's all over the place. It seems to give some support to every narrative about the revolution.

Every main player except from Lenin is initially portrayed fairly positively. Trotsky is an earnest if arrogant idealist while Stalin is a dashing rogue with a revolutionary heart. Lenin is a weasly Machiavellian with little integrity. As the show progresses and the revolution starts, both Trotsky and Stalin respectively become ever darker and bloodier figures, wrapped up in their egos. In the end Lenin's redeeming virtues (he was a true Leninist after all) emerge, Trotsky remembers his old ideals and Stalin ends up playing the bady. The conditions and injustices that gave rise to the revolution are given surprisingly little attention.

Politically speaking the only coherent line seems to be that revolution is nasty, don't try it. I'd still count this as a propaganda victory. Communists are basically portrayed as leather-clad Chads who do nothing but bang hot chicks, rob from the rich and kill porkies.

You can find it on rutracker, but you'll need to look for subs separately.

That isn't surprising, they didn't want to paint Tsarist Russia too negatively. The point of the series is that revolution isn't a popular reaction to material conditions, but something that is concocted by a clique of machiavellian ideologues to everyone else's detriment. Basically, Trotsky is Navalny. Don't be like them kids.

When this originally came out i discussed it with some russians on another chan and they said it was some stupid take on russian history where the guy directing it was trying to make it some sort of edgy breaking bad american type tv show.
Except about trotsky.
lmao

timesofisrael.com/russian-tv-series-claims-jewish-trotsky-masterminded-the-bloody-1917-revolution/
Zionists are crying about antisemitism already because Trotsky is portrayed as too machiavellian.

It's retarded to call it antisemitic but there is definitely an agenda behind making Trotsky out as the mastermind behind the revolution.

Excellent.

There's a scene where one of the rich capitalists says to the other "Why did you change your name? To hide your Jewish origins?" and then a dramatic music sting occurs.

They probably were. Dude, can you even imagine the amount of pussy che got.
There is a funny story about one of the many times the CIA was trying to kill fidel and they sent a female spy and the female spy ended up falling in love with him and fucking him.

Like can you imagine these guys in modern times lmao. They wouldnt survive with all the feminist idpol.

I think you're thinking of the time the CIA tried to get that woman to put poison in Fidel's coffee and tea.

hmm

Attached: CHAD.jpg (225x225, 7.27K)

He was a threat to Stalin’s hold on power in the Soviet Union. He still had many supporters and as long as he was alive he had the potential to be seen as the “legitimate” heir to Lenin.

watched the first two episodes today. in the pre-1917 timeline he's basically depicted as Robin Hood robbing train cars and carriages and staring death in the face multiple times.
standard chad stuff.

he bangs an entirely different chick in the second episode too. and BTFOs Freud.

I remember seeing somewhere that Adler and his wife were friends of Trotsky somewhere.

I like the fact that the creators of the series were playing so fast and loose with history at certain times that I literally had no idea what was going to happen next. An interesting feeling to have when watching something based on real events.

The portrayal of characters in this show is hot-take-central:
Trotsky: Jewish revolutionary who single-handedly starts the October Revolution (two days ahead of time just so he can flip off Lenin) and is pretty much the only person who gives a fuck about the revolution. The only reason he can't take over the reigns of power for himself is because he's Jewish. The Russian people will never accept a Jew to rule them. Btw. did you know he's Jewish?
Lenin: Or should I say, The Sperg Megalomaniac. Lenin is a guy who doesn't give a shit about the worker's plight, he just wants to rule the world. He spends his days eating fine pastries and writing nerd shit. Develops a serious rivalry with Trotsky and works with Stalin to undermine him at every turn because the people simply adore Leon and his charisma. Shown to hate Trotsky's guts during most of the series, but does a 180 in the last two episodes when he decides having Leon in charge is for some reason better than Stalin, his protege in the previous eight episodes. Lenin's the only major character in this series without any redeeming qualities.
Stalin: This is a Russian TV show, so I was expecting a more timid portrayal then what we would get in the West. Other posters have already mentioned the important bits, so I'll just add something that Irked me about how they showed his part in the Civil War. Apparently, Stalin was a mere bureaucrat who was never in a commanding role but had his alcoholic friend Voroshilov do stuff to piss Trotsky off. So Trotsky ends up having to save Tsaritsyn from the Whites (literally wut).
Dzerzhinsky: Bloodthirsty sadist who likes nothing more than to have poets and honest intellectuals shot. When he gets foiled by Trotsky to start a new Reign of Terror he's so butthurt he signs up with Stalin.
Kerensky: Lawful neutral decent guy who just wants everybody to follow the law. He tries to be reasonable, but the goddamn extremists from both sides just refuse to give him a break.
Tukhachevsky: Apolitical ambitious officer guy. Doesn't appear to hate Jews at all.
Ramon Mercader: Posing as an American journalist, he starts of challenging Trotsky with very ☭TANKIE☭ takes. As the series progresses, his takes veer from ☭TANKIE☭ to modern conservative in a very jarring way.
Frida Kahlo: Slut. Probably sucked every dick in Mexico City.

Oh yeah, almost forgot about the scene where young Leon BTFO's Freud during one of his lectures in a charismatic display of big dick energy.
All in all, is this what Russian radical centrism is?

Attached: Screen_Shot_2018-12-20_at_15.15.49.png (149x156, 39.57K)

Sounds like fanfiction to me

Your post sounds like sore asshole to me

did literally nothing wrong irl

I dunno in Russia this was supposed to appeal to. Its still interesting that this was even made why and for who. All the Stalinists and modern Russian com party members hate trotsky and hes portrayed as sympathetic here. Russian libshists and neonazis all hate communists and Trotsky. Monarchists and Orthocucks think communists are chaotic evil demon possessed evil doers. This tv show is like probably an expression of Putin's regime ideology which is just nihilism and power for powers sake kinda expressed by the prison warden in the first episode

Yo guys did this only come out in the US or something? I have Netflix but I can't find it.

It's a thinly veiled allusion to Euromaidan and Navalny. It was made to convince the average Russian TV watcher that any popular revolt is just a cabal of nihilistic jewish hipsters using foreign money to subvert mother russia, so they should just shut up and let Medvedev continue robbing starving pensioners.

They fucked up then because nobody who was anti-government watching this changed their minds in fact all the young people who watched this probably think Trotsky and the bolsheviks are kinda cool dudes who wear black leather get pussy and make history and shiet

>Ramon Mercader
Slightly off topic. But we are talking about Trotsky and tv/films, so…
Ramon had a sister, Maria. She was an actress. She was Vittorio De Sica's second wife. They had two sons together. One of them, Christian, has featured in dozens of trashy films in the last forty years. If you're a Bong, think about some Carry On stuff but with Keith Lemon's language. He singlehandedly BTFO'd his father's name with all the crap he has made. Now De Sica is associated with his stuff, at least for most Italians, and not anymore with neorealismo and things like that.
Now, a decade ago or so, Christian made a passing reference about his uncle Ramon killing the Trot during a tv show. Obviously, he was promoting one of his usual Xmas films.
Up to 2005, he used to feature in almost all of this kind of movies with this guy who is very silly and idiotic while pretending to be a "comedian". His name is Massimo Boldi.
For some reason, which I suspect had to do with money, they split after the 2005 Xmas film, "Natale a Miami" - "Xmas in Miami". For a few years afterwards they were competitors in that genre and things between the two were really sour. Then, the overall economic downturn following the Euro-crisis forced them to stop doing their shit altogether, at least for a while.
Now, they are friends again and there's their first Xmas cine-turd in more than a decade out now.
The thing is, some time ago, De Sica Jr said he was interested in making a film about his uncle assassinating Trotsky. When I heard about him and Boldi getting back together, I was concerned for the latter: what if the title of the movie was "XMas in Mexico City" and there was an icepick in one of the scenes?
Now another coincidence.
As I said, the last De Sica-Boldi film together for a long time was shot in Miami. Now, Miami is a notorious sanctuary for anti-Castro Cubans. But where did Ramon die? In Cuba.

Attached: Christian-De-Sica-Massimo-Boldi.jpg (630x315 27.38 KB, 30.93K)

Nobody anti-government was convinced by it but the average Russian housewife probably got spooked against any anti-government sentiment, especially after watching another prime-time "documentary" about how the revolution was paid for by 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧Britain🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧 to undermine glorious Russia

Attached: DC7A58DB-9F7A-46D8-B7BB-24AC18A4BE3D.png (1647x949, 674.62K)

Yeah, the depiction of Lenin was the most jarring. I expected a somewhat more sympathetic portrayal of him.