How is it possible to be both a Sternerite and a Marxist at the same time...

How is it possible to be both a Sternerite and a Marxist at the same time, when both held philosophical views that went against each other?

Asking as a newfag

Attached: 1487374269773.jpg (543x408, 69.54K)

you could take stirner as the sefish route to communism. I do. What is a trade union or a co-operative but a mutually benefical union of egos?

You can't, because

if you are a brainlet and think the logical conclusion of concious egoism isn't communism… unless you are bourg but most people are not

Communism is not the only logical endpoint of egoism. Communism would be the risk averse endpoint if you are already a prole, but it is not had to imagine how it would be less interesting for someone who will gamble on being able to become a porky (or already is one).

A somewhat relevant quote from Stirner himself:
Make of that what you will.

Communism pleases my ego.

Pro-tip, you can’t.

If you have a petit bourg or bourg mentality then yes

An obvious case: if you are a member of the bureaucracy of a communist party, it is in your interest to be Marxist.

The material conditions are such that the possibility of communism is too remote currently for a reasonable sense of self-interest to compel you to invest your time and efforts towards Marxism. Your efforts would likely be better spent towards bettering your personal situation within the capitalist framework.

Stirner is wrong about a lot of stuff, but if you think that Stirner is incompatible with Marx, you don't really understand either.

Why won't spookposters just read Marx?

We're talking about somebody that's trying to pursue it's self-interest. Communism would be best for most people but working towards it is a lot of effort with limited chances of success. Your efforts would arguably be better spent towards an easier and more immediate goal such as trying to obtain the best possible profesional situation within capitalism. Of course most people are not Stirnerites and do not coldly and calculatingly pursue their self-interest only.

Capitalism literally doesn't function. You have a greater chance of being struck by lightning than upward mobility under capitalism. How is it in your best interest as an individual to plug your ears, shut your eyes, and pretend that the crashed economy won't also bowl you over as well?

Capitalism is incredibly resilient. It has managed to mutate again and again to survive each successive crisis. It is bound to fail at some point but there is no telling when. It could very well last longer than a human life. For many people, their own selfish assessment of the situation may be that they would be better off spending their efforts to better their lot within capitalism.

It's not. It keeps failing over and over, anf the only way it's propped up this long has been by both abandoning basic tenets of free market economics and by stealing money from the public ever few decades when the economy still crashes anyway. I'm not even middle aged and I've lived through two global fanancial crises. It's not an "if" it will happen in your lifetime but rather "when."

The only way you could possibly think the market is rational or that you stand any realistic chance to profit from it in any way as a member of the perpetually exploited class is to simply be oblivious.

This is completely normal though. Capitalism was already having crises every decade or so back in the 19th century.

Yep. That's why it's foolish to think "this surely won't happen to me."

Those quotes are pretty great.

Just read Marx and Lenin. Stop caring about the philosophical ramifications of x or y.
Or at least list what you think is incompatible

You guys are talking about self interest in the sense of material, objective self interest, which is not what Stirner means. Your self interest is whatever you decide it is, even if it’s actually harmful to your status, prosperity, etc. If living in a dumpster is more pleasing to your ego than living in a mansion, then the egoist thing to do would be to live in a dumpster. So objective material self interest has nothing to do with the relationship between egoism and communism. The only thing that matters is whether or not communism pleases your ego.

Easy, by appropriating what is useful from Stirner and disregarding the rest. I don't have to take up the man's entire ideology to find the concept of spooks useful.

This. What a waste of a thread, when OP answers his own question.

I don't know. Stirner is lumped in with his hegelian contemporaries.

Technically Stirner's ideology is against all political ideologies. Though it's clear Stirner had views resembling proto-libertarian individualist anarchists like Benjamin Tucker.

If one strictly looks at Marxism as a scientific view of history, and not as an ideology, then yes it would be possible.

Attached: e45875d.jpg (575x425, 45.73K)

Stirner was trying to do the best he could to give Hegelian critique pre-marxism. pls keep that in mind. What he does give I think is still prescient today. I have a hard time believing marx wasn't pushed from Marxism towards some form of anti-humanist communism because of him. He drops all idealist notions later in life and focus on materialism. If Stirner didn't help set that dialectic in motion, then I don't know who did. Either way, it was worth it.
Fight me

What if "Stirner" was just Engels shitposting?
Polite sage.

I would tell you no, it's not. but then it's me who's choosing what's in your best interest.
is it in your best interest to use a doctrine of morality dressed as an economic theory?
you decide.
and ofc you don't have to take everything said by Stirner sacred.
I oppose Union of Egoists as a form of government.

Engels is Stirner and Striner is Engels, so it's possible to be a Marxist Stirnerist, because it's basically Marxist Engelist, which is the same as Marxist.

stay woke.

Truth be told I only like Spookman because I can call """""Human Rights""""" spooks when someone complains about MUH GRILLONS

???

Attached: 9975308a85e463d2671364d.jpg (180x180, 8.81K)

Libertarian Stalinist Gang?

Buddy

These days.. you need all the firepower you can get

Attached: e33qy8pbwagy.jpg (1412x1600, 115.04K)

>How is it possible to be both a Sternerite and a Marxist
Wait a sec! Who's Sterner now? :^)