Merry fucking Christmas, wagies...

Merry fucking Christmas, wagies. Don't forget to buy some presents! You wouldn't want the bour-I mean your friends to get disappointed, would you? Now go and buy some shit, fuckasses!

Attached: unknown.png (291x297, 11.96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kxuBhemD3nk
youtube.com/watch?v=-e-w0ScVcSM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You're right, it's socially enforced consumerism, but what can you do?

Buy nothing

Merry indeed

Attached: iu.png (470x507, 349.55K)

Christmas isn't about buying shit, it's about getting meaningful gifts for those you care for. It's like you people have never read The Grinch.

The Grinch: It's completely understandable that a lonely, cynical, old curmudgeon like the Grinch would want to be left alone in peace and quiet and not have to put up with what, to him, was a loud, obnoxious, garish, and overly commercialized celebration every year. In the end he realizes he was wrong about what Christmas was really about and that realization allows him to open himself to love and be loved by others.

Attached: giphy.gif (250x144, 628.18K)

Okay here's an experiment: don't buy anyone anything and see how they react. Give them something cute and homemade. Watch them throw it in the garbage. Give them something used or salvaged (and make sure they know it), see how "happy" they are that you got them a gift. Or even better, just give them the gift of your presence - I'm sure they'll LOVE that.

It sounds like you just hang out with garbage people

Buying presents for family is cheaper than paying rent. And somehow 'oh I'm boycotting Christmas' isn't a very popular position for your social life.

Imagine giving into peer-pressure. Fuck Christmas, fuck Valentine's and all other corporate holidays.

Getting someone a used shit phone or jumper is one thing but used furniture/vehicles/collectors item is perfectly valid.

What Christmas is about is how it is celebrated in the real world outside of Christmas specials on TV. The more expensive the gift, the more you love the person you're giving it to. If you don't spend as much as you can afford, you're a bad person. That's what Christmas is to most people.

Yes, because those things are valuable. You must demonstrate your love materially. It's literally not the thought that counts - it's the price tag.

Well you demonstrate your thought by investing a certain amount of effort ie time or money. Most people can't make good handmade things but for people who can draw, paint, sculpt, garden, whatever, those gifts are often highly thought of.

Right, because if you don't give someone a gift you don't love them. Never-mind all the time and effort you invest into your relationship the rest of the fucking year.

"Good" handmade things? If it was the thought that counts, surely anything handmade would do? But you and I both know it's not. What you mean by "good" is that it has a perceived resale value. The only thought that counts is the thought that it could be worth money on eBay. Sure, they may never actually sell it, but just knowing that it is potentially valuable is enough proof that you love them.
Christmas is 100% materialistic. Anyone who suggests otherwise is peddling Hallmark propaganda.

that's what Christmas is supposed to be about but we live in such a consumerist culture most people see Christmas as a way for people to get things that will turn the fantasy of the Spectacle into reality, and get disappointed when they don't.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1400x1121, 2.65M)

Fuck Christmas. Instead of Saturn there's Capital. Thats'all.

A personalised gift isn't likely to have much resale value is it? And yet it's (usually) cherished because it was made and given with love. Yes, people don't generally appreciate being given a bunch of tat from the charity shop but that doesn't mean it's all about money, like I said, putting in effort is what counts. I'm not saying it's ideal but hell, it's not all so cynical you know?

Merry Christmas pinkos(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Attached: jewish satan clause.jpg (500x500, 29.14K)

youtube.com/watch?v=kxuBhemD3nk

HEY THIS GUY'S A COMMIE!

But seriously, I stole some of my presents this year so I feel somewhat less consumerist I guess.

Based

ITT: edgy teens

All I want for Christmas is a market crash.

Attached: 429d4056ed951b4e14add735e2be090e93ce3679109c53664e0073046b753299.jpg (1100x605, 405.11K)

youtube.com/watch?v=-e-w0ScVcSM

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (800x450, 738.48K)

Christmas really shouldn't be a huge holiday. It's kind of pagan and gross.

Christmas shouldn't be a holiday period. It was plagiarized from Saturnalia and various winter solstice festivals. Biblical scholars put Jesus' birth in July or something last I heard.