News 1/2

Iran 'Can Do What They Want' in Syria, Trump Says
U.S. President Donald Trump said on Wednesday that as far as he’s concerned, Iran "can do what they want" in Syria.Trump made the comment during a conversation with reporters at the end of a cabinet meeting in the White House. “Iran is pulling people out of Syria, but they can frankly do whatever they want there,” the U.S. president said.
haaretz.com/us-news/iran-can-do-what-they-want-in-syria-trump-says-1.6805949

Xi Urges Peaceful Unification Of China And Taiwan, But Won't Rule Out Using Force
A Taiwan independent from mainland China is not an option, and no person or party can stop the trend toward "unification," Chinese President Xi Jingping said in a policy speech Wednesday.While Beijing would seek a peaceful "reunification" with the self-governing island of over 23.5 million people, The Associated Press reports Xi said China wouldn't rule out using force if necessary.
npr.org/2019/01/02/673986174/xi-urges-peaceful-unification-of-china-and-taiwan-but-wont-rule-out-using-force

Fatal train accident closes Denmark's Great Belt Bridge
Six people were killed and 16 others injured on Wednesday morning after a train accident on a bridge linking the Danish islands of Zealand and Funen. A initial investigation by Denmark's Accident Investigation Board showed an empty lorry trailer had blown off a cargo train wagon onto the oncoming tracks.
dw.com/en/fatal-train-accident-closes-denmarks-great-belt-bridge/a-46923287

Jair Bolsonaro launches assault on Amazon rainforest protections
Hours after taking office, Brazil’s new president, Jair Bolsonaro, has launched an assault on environmental and Amazon protections with an executive order transferring the regulation and creation of new indigenous reserves to the agriculture ministry – which is controlled by the powerful agribusiness lobby.
theguardian.com/world/2019/jan/02/brazil-jair-bolsonaro-amazon-rainforest-protections

Mexico: Mayor gunned down after swearing-in ceremony
The major of Tlaxiaco, a small municipality of Oaxaca, Mexico, was gunned down on Tuesday straight after he had been sworn in.Alejandro Aparicio was elected mayor of the town in Mexico's most recent elections in 2018. He was a member of the MORENA political party, founded by current President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador.
dw.com/en/mexico-mayor-gunned-down-after-swearing-in-ceremony/a-46921726

Protests in India after women defy ancient ban on visiting Sabarimala temple
Two women defied a centuries-old ban on entering the Sabarimala temple in Kerala on Wednesday, sparking protests and calls for a strike by conservative Hindu groups outraged by their visit.Police fired teargas and used water cannons to disperse a large crowd of protesters in capital Thiruvananthapuram, television news channels showed.There were protests in several other cities in the state, media reported.
in.reuters.com/article/india-sabarimala-temple/protests-in-india-after-women-defy-ancient-ban-on-visiting-sabarimala-temple-idINKCN1OW07T

Israel 'capitalising on Trump' to launch construction binge of new settlements in West Bank
Israeli settlement activity in the West Bank has spiked with Donald Trump in the White House, new data suggests, as campaigners claim a fresh surge in new construction is on the way.Figures compiled from official government sources by the anti-settlement monitoring group Peace Now show an increase in building in 2018 while also recording thousands of plans for additional future development.
independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/israel-settlements-donald-trump-west-bank-international-law-barack-obama-a8707361.html

Japanese emperor makes last new year appearance before abdication
Tens of thousands of people gathered in Tokyo for Emperor Akihito’s final new year appearance of his reign months before he abdicates.“I am truly happy to celebrate the new year with all of you under such cloudless skies,” he told the crowd from a balcony at the Imperial Palace on Wednesday.
theguardian.com/world/2019/jan/02/japanese-emperor-akihito-makes-last-new-year-appearance-before-abdication

Pompeo, Brazil's new government target Cuba, Venezuela, Nicaragua
U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo discussed supporting a return to democracy in Venezuela, Cuba and Nicaragua with Brazil’s new right-wing government on Wednesday, in a joint effort against what he called authoritarian regimes in Latin America
reuters.com/article/us-usa-brazil-venezuela/pompeo-discusses-venezuela-with-brazils-new-right-wing-government-idUSKCN1OW0VQ

Attached: 15781154_1299392416802017_3130073621583316959_n.jpg (640x449, 47.17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/01/02/raul-castro-says-donald-trump-has-put-us-path-confrontation/
outline.com/pmUrHS
thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/423492-house-dems-formalize-climate-committee-plans-without-green-new-deal
outline.com/WyD54k
investors.com/market-trend/stock-market-today/dow-jones-nasdaq-stock-market-2019/
thisisinsider.com/tim-cook-trump-tariffs-china-trade-war-apple-iphone-sales-2019-1
jakkkobinmag.com/2019/01/unmasked-graves-review-indonesia-genocide-communist-party
counterpunch.org/2019/01/02/communism-fascism-and-green-shaming/
itsgoingdown.org/the-drive-towards-liberation-in-2018/
blackagendareport.com/freedom-rider-elizabeth-warren-and-trap-black-voters
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Jesus fucking christ he's an actual comic book villain

Attached: sadlenin.png (176x233, 86.45K)

Holy shit that set-off some Kill Bill sirens in neocon heads.

He's also just lowered the minimum wage: and you've gotta remember that a lot of the Amazon is in poor rural areas. I wouldn't be surprised if we get ecologist guerillas.

I reckon Taiwan is gonna go the same way as Hong Kong or Macau. I think it's only down to 17 countries that officially recognise Taiwan nowadays.

Iran 'Can Do What They Want' in Syria, Trump Says

Xi Urges Peaceful Unification Of China And Taiwan, But Won't Rule Out Using Force

Considering Taiwan had a massive protest movement against signing a trade deal with China because it would lead to further integration I'm gonna air on the side of no here. Regardless, I 100% expect a straits crisis by 2020.

Fair enough.

I reckon you might be right there. How do you think it'll go down?

b-but who cares if fascist raycist Blrompf is actively throwing spanners in the machinery of neocon-neolib imperialism?

he's mean and full of NEGATIVE EMOTIONS and said womyn are property, r-right guys?

journalist-murderer putin literally wants to gas LGBTQ peopyl and russia is the biggest threat to international peace and human rights.

glorious independent progressive media and our 171 intelligence agencies agree, so it must be true.

r-right guys?

Attached: bill browder 1.jpg (515x385, 31.74K)

It really depends on who goes first. The irony is that the current KMT government is kinda for working with China, but public opinion has turned towards Taiwanese nationalism (which has some left-wing undertones, the New Power Party isn't Marxist but seems bound up in student left wing politics found in east asia). Now there are only really two ways it can start: US provocation and Chinese provocation. Now rn I am not sure the US will launch into one but if Trump's ratings dip he might, especially if the trade war reignites. I can see this happening in mid 2019, the US would send a carrier to "SUPPORT OUR ALLIES IN THE REGION" and it would go downhill from there. I imagine he'd offer limiting China's economic capacity RE trade with the US in exchange for removing the existing military force. How China would react I don't know, the people are pretty nationalistic and "Muh KMT" will work considering China's stance towards its history, and I doubt the naccient neo-Maoist student-trade unionist movement will do much in this case, however Chinese porky will caution against both a war and further economic issues. China needs America for its tech industry, the loss of the ability to import high-end electronic components will do it much harm.
Now if China escalates, say if finally declares Taiwanese independence and constitutional reform to end the RoC, I can see Beijing going fucking ham. They will launch economic sanctions, and autistically screech at every international org to not recognise Taiwan and eject them in its totality. This would likely lead to a US response (either pushed by congressional warhawks or Trump himself) which would lead to above: however the US and Taiwan would likely gain a lot more international support since China would be the aggressor here. I doubt China will invade Taiwan, especially while so many US troops are in the region and Japan is rearming, but it may undertake hostile military acts and even occupy the islands of the Taiwanese strait. In a case with a belligerent China, I imagine things will go south but will just avoid a direct shooting war (think Suez Crisis), China would probs have to backdown if international pressure forces it to.
Gotta say China is not my speciality, Russia is: and even then I am not sure how Putin would react to this. People like to make-out there is some "Moscow-Beijing Axis" but it is more like Japan and Germany in WWII: they have different AOs so they just promise not to tread on eachother's feet. I mean for example China is very cordial with the EU currently while Moscow, obviously is not. I imagine Putin would caution China diplomatically not to do anything stupid (more US forces in Japan, SK[well maybe not SK by then but still], and Taiwan are ofc more US troops near Vladivostok), but wouldn't join in any sanction effort.

The thing is, regardless of what the ROC government or Taiwanese people want, their economy has become increasingly dependent on the Mainland. Taiwanese companies like Foxconn have huge operations in China and there are over a million Taiwanese working in the Mainland. Eventually Taiwan will be in so deep they won't be able to survive without China's cooperation. Frankly, any talk of military action on China's part is simply posturing; why provoke a military conflict that could draw in the US and Japan when they can simply exert soft pressure to force Taiwan to reunify?

Oh and IMO, the correct stance would to be to critically support Taiwan against Chinese imperialism, because if China loses it will likely spark a marxist backlash within the country and in Taiwan might further the forces of the left-wing NPP.

You might be right, but the people of Taiwan are pretty supportive of independence: which is why it may come to loggerheads. I can't see China doing what they have done in, say, Sri Lanka going off without a hitch there.
Kinda ironic, Trump acts all anti-China but the TPP was Taiwan's main means to try and dislodge US influence. Still, knowing Xi I imagine he might wave around his new toys RE Gen V fighters and a Carrier if Taiwan were to declare independence with the strait of Taiwan islands. I think China wants its 1905 movement, showing it can stand-up to the great powers of the age as a military, not just economic, power.

Raul Castro says Donald Trump has put the US on a 'path of confrontation' with Cuba
Raul Castro has made a rare return to the public stage in Cuba, using celebrations to mark the 60th anniversary of the Revolution to warn that Donald Trump is taking the US down the "path of confrontation" with the Communist island.Mr Castro, who stepped down as Cuba’s president in April, accused the US president of unjustified aggression, and of scapegoating Cuba for all the problems in the region.
telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/01/02/raul-castro-says-donald-trump-has-put-us-path-confrontation/

Anti-semitic doctor bragged about deliberately giving Jews wrong medication
An anti-semitic doctor sparked fury after she made social media posts about deliberately giving Jewish patients the wrong medicine.Dr Lara Kollab, 27, a former resident at The Cleveland Clinic spent years posting hateful slurs, including that she hoped ‘Allah will kill the Jews’ and referred to Jewish people as ‘dogs’.‘I’ll purposely give all the yahood (Jews) the wrong meds…’ she wrote in a 2012 Twitter post.
outline.com/pmUrHS

House Dems formalize climate committee plans without Green New Deal language
House Democrats have formally proposed creating a new committee on climate change, without many of the main factors that progressives wanted in the panel’s structure.Democratic leaders unveiled the plans for the “Select Committee on the Climate Crisis” late Tuesday as part of a package of rules to govern House proceedings for the next two years.
thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/423492-house-dems-formalize-climate-committee-plans-without-green-new-deal

Ocasio-Cortez, Bernie Sanders oppose Pelosi-backed spending rules
Rep.-elect Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., announced Wednesday that she would vote against her own party's rules for the incoming House over restrictions on deficit spending, pushing long-simmering Democratic divisions into public view.At issue is the House leadership's plan to include "PAYGO," short for pay-as-you-go, a rule Democrats have adopted in the past that requires them to offset any increase in the deficit by cutting spending or raising revenue elsewhere.
outline.com/WyD54k

Dow Jones Trails Nasdaq In Choppy Trade; Will This Badly Hit Stock Market Sector Reign In 2019?
The Dow Jones industrial average trailed the Nasdaq composite on the first trading day of 2019 yet still finished a whiff higher as bulls and bears wrestled fiercely in a seesaw session in stocks today. The Russell 2000 added 0.5% in afternoon trade, then nearly gave back all of those gains. By day's end, the Russell closed more than 0.3% higher. The small-cap index lost 12.2% last year.
investors.com/market-trend/stock-market-today/dow-jones-nasdaq-stock-market-2019/

Tim Cook blames Trump's trade war with China as a big factor in Apple's slowdown
Apple CEO Tim Cook laid some of the blame for the company's shock revenue guidance downgrade on the trade war between the US and China.In an interview with CNBC on Wednesday, Cook said tariffs imposed by the US and China on products from the opposite country contributed to an economic slowdown in China. The Chinese economic slowdown in turn decreases retail sales in the country and hurt Apple's overall business.
thisisinsider.com/tim-cook-trump-tariffs-china-trade-war-apple-iphone-sales-2019-1

"The reason Russia was in Afghanistan was because terrorists were going into Russia. They were right to be there." - Bornald Drompf who is definitely a bad racist capitalist badman or something.

Attached: stalin icepick.jpg (1024x768, 80.02K)

Most Taiwanese favor preserving the status quo. It's true that reunification under the PRC (even as part of a Hong Kongesque dual system) is unpopular, but so is a declaration of independence. Furthermore, the DPP got slammed in the recent local elections, and, if they don't improve their image, they'll get slammed again in the next general election. A KMT government will only deepen the cross-strait ties.

OP/ED

The Indonesian Counter-Revolution
In late 1965 and early 1966, a wave of violence swept Indonesia, directed at the country’s powerful left. Before it was over, half a million people lay dead and Suharto, a right-wing general who would rule the country for decades, had moved closer to power.Vannessa Hearman’s Unmasked Graves: Death and Survival in the Anti-Communist Violence in East Java, Indonesia describes the impact of this mass slaughter and the little-known history of leftists’ attempts at resistance. Drawing on dozens of interviews, she shows the persecuted not just as faceless victims or representatives of abstract ideologies but living, breathing human beings. We learn what motivated them to join the movement, how they developed survival strategies — and how they tried to fight back.
jakkkobinmag.com/2019/01/unmasked-graves-review-indonesia-genocide-communist-party

Communism, Fascism and Green Shaming
I am sensing — at least in the U.S., a migration of the liberal policing of thought into green movements. A guy ( a writer in fact, one published on several left sites including this one) arguing about plane travel. And this seems to be a thing. The problem of individual travel on jet airplanes is, of course, dwarfed by military pollution of all kinds, including massive nearly incomprehensible jet fuel usage, corporate air travel, and the world of private jets altogether. In other words there is a qualitative distinction. And I’m quite sure most people getting a short break from their miserable day job appreciate the shaming and hectoring of this polyanna bullshit. I’d be happy to travel by train, but since that’s not possible much anymore, nor is sea travel unless you own a sailboat, the point is to change a system of inequality, which would by itself radically reduce the pollution of jet engines. The EU, by the by, suggested a ticket tax (to passengers of course) for flying. Nothing about reduced truck transport of useless foods, or any rational solution because rational solutions cut into profit. Nothing about military transport. Nothing about improved rail transport –which most people would absolutely prefer. No just more guilt pinned on the working class for daring to take a trip. To ask people to voluntarily restrict their movement is a very dangerous and disingenuous delusion. And so far, for me anyway, it is always white males who promote this thinking.
counterpunch.org/2019/01/02/communism-fascism-and-green-shaming/

The Drive Towards Liberation in 2018
While the forces of fascism have been gaining power in the US and abroad and wielding it to wreak havoc on people’s lives this year, RAM has been steadily organizing and building. With our vision firmly fixed on a revolutionary solution, we have been taking steady, practical steps to build our groups, and spread horizontally through our communities.As we faced a common enemy, with the battle lines so clearly drawn, we looked to the strength of our groups: our camaraderie, commitment, and drive to create a new way of relating to one other; the antidote to the supremacy of authoritarianism. Our chapters pulled together to create this revolutionary culture and we tried to reflect this culture through our actions: defining holidays and celebrations that would help us prepare our skills, and commemorate resistance.
itsgoingdown.org/the-drive-towards-liberation-in-2018/

Freedom Rider: Elizabeth Warren and the Trap for Black Voters
Whether Democrats are openly obstructionist corporatists like Pelosi, or liberal sounding like Warren, they will not consider any meaningful systemic reforms.“In the South, Democrat means black and those voters have every right to ask hard questions and make clear demands.”The next presidential election in the United States is now just one year away. In January 2020 the process begins with the Iowa caucuses followed quickly by the New Hampshire primary and contests across the country. Massachusetts Senator Elizabeth Warren is the first to officially announce the formation of a campaign exploratory committee.
blackagendareport.com/freedom-rider-elizabeth-warren-and-trap-black-voters

He IS a bad racist capitalist. The fact that he's better than America's "left" on foreign policy says more about them than him.

Kind of interesting considering how capitalist China has become. Is the Taiwanese economy even structured all that differently from the PRC?

Nah even when it comes to capitalism, China is unique in its set-up of corporatist control and integration with the party & the state. No country that wasn't a planned economy with a single/dominant party state could properly implement what China has done.
Taiwan is pretty-much a standard East Asian corporatist economy with slightly stronger union laws than its neighbours.

ok so relatively speaking Blormpf is on the "right side of history" and the mainstream left is more a threat than nationalist populism is regardless of "racism" or other such faggot tier obsessions

Good, the world needs people like the Bougainville Revolutionaries

Attached: 3794814.JPG (640x443, 205.1K)

this is the gayest larp. These savages would immediately sell out to international capital if by some miracle they ever took power.

So called "savages" and peasants have been bigger partisans for communism than the metropolitan proletariat have been since 1871

Attached: g2-51.jpg (706x937 111.11 KB, 205.69K)

*sigh*
Chinese are not stupid savages.
Natives of PNG are, objectively, stupid savages.
Go there and check it out.

The Burger left IS nationalist, they just don’t wanna admit it, let’s be honest if China tried to put their aircraft carriers in American territorial waters, your average American leftist is more likely to Nuke them than Trump. (this is a good thing)

Attached: UnitedSocialistStatesOfAmericaFlag.png (2000x1053, 211.8K)

Peasants are objectively the reason why communism failed in the 20th century. In those few states where they supported communism instead of liberalism/reactionism i know I repeat myself they continued to favor market economics and private property in land and other property

yes exactly, international plutocracy will use any ideology, it's not as simple as nationalism good/bad. The NATO gangsters backed some nationalists in Yugoslavia, and demonized others. They support Ukrainian nationalists but suppress nationalism in the West. And of course the CIA-Trotskyite types (and later neocons) went after Stalin for refusing to play into their dialectic.

Their are no good or bad guys in geopolitics, just us vs. them.

After NATo collapses left wing nationalism is America’s future. America’s decline from global power will appear smooth, but all of a sudden, the Eagle in all it’s might and glory will create a big bang, a fire that will burn bright.

and yet the proletariat of the imperialist countries have only pushed for social democracy and welfare reforms, mostly at the cost of the global south, if the peasants are failures then the proles have a much worse track record, where else are we supposed to look for a revolutionary subject?

u wot lol

Not even true, Russia was an imperialist country and the Bolshevik movement was a movement of the Russian proletariat—not a peasant movement. Germany nearly had a socialist revolution in the 20s and the KPD was objectively bringing the proletariat close to communist revolution—which caused the capitalists to bring Hitler to power. The GDR was an enormous accomplishment of socialism as well.

It remains to be proved really that social democratic reforms are so expensive that they can only be paid for with imperialism. Really, imperialism happens with or without said reforms, so there is the question of whether it makes a difference. The fact that social democratic governments have worked to some degree in the third world (in the few places where they actually come to power) would seem to show that capitalism can accommodate worker mass dissent/discontent to a limited degree even without imperialism

Third Worldists think in a very zero-sum manner about these things

False and I would really be here all day if I had to give a full history lesson about every reactionary movement the peasants formed the key mass base of. Peasant worship in 2019 is very weird to say the least, you’re talking about a group with a petit-bourgeois relationship to the means of production with a primitive religious traditionalist mindset in general. Peasants (like most farmers) often suffer from the delusion that if the price of wheat is $1.10 instead of $1.00 they will be wealthy—for a surprisingly poor group of people, they disproportionately suffer from the temporarily embarrassed millionaire syndrome.

It’s ironic to me that Maoists and MTW still place so much emphasis on the peasantry since their in decline everywhere. The world is now majority-urban and even if the near 100% urbanized first world skews things it still doesn’t change the fact that the peasantry is dropping rapidly as a percentage of the population even throughout the third world