QTDDTOT

Didn't see a qtddtot in the catalog, so I'm creating one. I'll start it off with this question. Is sodomy between a man and a woman sinful?

Attached: argentine church.jpg (900x600, 185.99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

biblestudymanuals.net/kjv3.htm
biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm 138&version=KJV
biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm 138&version=DRA
biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm 139&version=KJV
biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm 139&version=DRA
vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p2s2c2a4.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Which saints or apologists have written about polytheism?
When I have walked people through the argument from contingency, argument from intelligent design etc, I hear the response "But why one God? Let's assume that there is a divine being that made all of us and the universe. How do you know it's just a single God and not a plethora of Gods?"

How do I respond to this, I don't know who has written on the topic

Isaiah 45:5

Aquinas "five ways" indirectly explain this.

Attached: aquinas.jpg (1583x2048, 457.92K)

they don't know what an elect jew is, and they seem to forget that it was "jews" who crucified Jesus

pls respond

That fact that even protestant biblical scholars agree on, yes.
Because of circular reasoning really
But that already required that "aporypha" are not in the bible in the first place. And I am ignoring the fact all ideas that are stated clearly and explored in deutercanon (creatio ex nihlio, Raphael being archangel, love covering sins, prayers for dead, purgatory) are in other places of the Bible. And that all reasons that protestants give against it requires from intellectual honesty that books from protocanon to be removed as well.

What, they did? Where? And where did the protestants agree with it?
Im a Catholic and I'm unaware of this.

A Protestant could argue that "other non-Biblical books" are referenced in the Bible. The Book of Enoch comes to mind. So agreeing that Jesus quoted any "apocryphal" book doesn't necessarily mean they believe it should be canon.

Google "KJV 1611 original notes" or something like that. Fun to read.

Why assume an infinite chain of events is impossible, but a non-physical first mover is not?

Not that lad, but infinity, for example, an actual infinity of events (implying that the universe never begun, but rather has always simply existed) leads to a number of absurdities.
We can only observe infinity within set mathematical discourses with predefined axioms and rules.
Applying actual infinity to the real world gives you shit like Hilbert's Hotel paradox.
William Lane Craig mentions in On Guard an example of these absurdities.

Let's assume in the time it takes Saturn to complete 1 revolution around the sun, Jupiter has completed a 2 revolutions.
Over the course of 1000 years, we would expect Jupiter to have completed twice as many revolutions as Saturn.
Now, what if the universe was infinite, no beginning, no end? Which planet, from time immemorial, has completed more revolutions.
The answer is they've both completed an equal amount. Because if they're orbiting for an infinite amount of time, then they've both completed n revolutions where n equals infinity.
Of course this is just an attempt to explain an absurdity caused by applying mathematical infinite to real life situations. Clearly, even if the universe didn't have a beginning, Saturn and Jupiter most likely did.

Have any of you seen a false figure of God in your dreams?

I really like proverbs is there more things in the same vein

Could New Jerusalem be in an entirely different location?

Nope. Neither seen true one ethier. In case of doubt, make sign of cross.

Book of Sirach. Better imo.

It will be on "New Earth". It will be in different location for there will be not former locations in the first place.

I’ve seen many videos of protties “proving” nephilim still exist. What is the Catholic stance on this matter?

That Angels don't have bodies for Christ wounds sake and anyone who thinks otherwise is retarded or worse - he's gnostic/jew

Are there any OT/NT artifacts that have survived until today? I about Shroud of Turin, Head of John the baptist and probably pieces of True Cross, but is there anything else?

Say that I was using Tums (antacid) in lieu of taking calcium pills, and let's say they are flavored. Would I be breaking a fast if I took them?

There are instruments of passion, relics of saints of all ages, Temple wall, and few other things like coins. Probably more.

Medicaments do not break lent.

Thank you. That's what I thought. I didn't take it anyway, because it's not entirely necessary and I can easily do so later.

Is it possible for the devil to send "attacks" at you through other people? I've been a Christian for only a few months now, and I have been propositioned by multiple separate women while out at a pub which my friend and I have been going to for years and at which this has never happened before. Obviously I don't know the actual reason it's happened, but it seems weird and I will admit that it has made me have moments where I think things like "If only I had become a Christian just a few months later" and others along those lines.

Temptation comes from flesh, world and the devil. Sometimes separately and sometimes united.
Assuming (and I am too wrong) that before becoming Christian you had oversexualised life, then after cutting source of arousal flesh demands, by both concupiscence and habit, it again. So you are more alert on this kind of stuff and see it more clearly. Don't worry, it gets better.
The there is world. World run by lust and lwer instincts. Those animal-like dwellers of world are by thier animalish nature drawn to strenght like brutes. And you have new source of confidence in you and they can sense it. And lust for it. Don't worry though, if you denied it once, you are on the best way to deny it every time.
And there is of course devil. He of course don't know thy heart (this privilege is Divine) but he can take pretty good guess what's on your mind. Plus he observes you all the time. And not only you but those around you too. So he can whisper ideas in mind of worldy men. Don't worry though if you conquer one of them, all three will fall.

If monster girls were real and humans could make children with them, would marrying one be acceptable?

Attached: 73c4474a348b4264ccd9d71a1f3566150927d293bdf4d1516ba6b360d297c776.jpg (964x969, 214.47K)

I'm really nervous about attending my first mass tomorrow evening (saturday mass).

It's a rather small church and I'm worried about an elitist congregation.

Holy Lance

Repent.

I doubt your worries and nervousness are justified.

There are some questions I know I should know the answer to, but I fear asking them here (even though this is an anonymous Mongolian basket-weaving forum) and an also uncomfortable asking my priest about trivialities (most of my questions are trivial, imho) because I don't want to look stupid. Is this sinful?

I'm beginning to notice a pattern here.

Then they would be of the same species a.s. they would be horribly mutated girls that would fubar your children genetics.
But what am I saying, asking such question means that you have near zero chance to get even a girlfriend. Repent and stop being fag.

Nothing will happen, just follow what others do except partaking in Eucharist

Through curiosity is a vice it's vice of wanting to know things that are not for you. Trivialities are not such knowledge.
So, what are those questions user?

Only if she is of your father's tribe.

They have completely escaped me (shows how important they must be). I'll think of them and ask when they come up.
My thinking is that it was potentially sinful to be afraid of looking foolish here. I don't think it's sinful not to waste a priest's time with random weird questions, though.

In what universe is a man marrying a woman gay? >>606710 doesn't count because MtFs are still men and thus gay.

Thank you for the encouraging reply. And for anyone who has or will face thoughts like I did
It helped me to realize that if I had gone through those situations without the help of God in resisting temptation, who knows what kind of damage could have been done. I now thank God that He came into my life at the perfect time to help me avoid these pitfalls.

Nah, honor is a good thing to have. But believe me, we heard worse.

biblestudymanuals.net/kjv3.htm
lmao this is actually insane. meme pastor k btfo

Man's goings are of the LORD; how can a man then understand his own way?

I'm pretty sure they still believed it wasn't scripture and that also wouldn't prove anything

some orthodox schizo that hates catholics converted to taoism on twitter, citing luke’s unreliability with the census and eastern church fathers promoting a literal reading of genesis

can anyone verify whether this is of any concern like at all

Attached: 0AB573C5-67D1-4FDE-A9F9-0FEF3EC1B375.jpeg (500x397, 27.24K)

God made man from the beginning, and left him in the hand of his own counsel.

This is getting "depends on who you ask" tier.

That guy was just an idiotic larper, anyway. He spent months regurgitating Common filth memes against homosexuals, and now he's crying about how other Christians are treating him the same way.

He's probably just using that as an excuse for him becoming a homosexual furry.

The Book of Enoch is quoted by Jude in his letter directly (Jude 14-15). Some of Christ's sayings in Luke specifically also are similar to verses in Enoch, though He doesn't directly attribute them to that text

SHIT DUDE you know yianni? its him and some other pagan LARPer that gave me concern. i feel bad for yianni, kids not right in the head.

My mother is getting "married" in the town hall.
I feel like i should try to evangelize to her. She is somewhat cultural Christian, so I'm not sure I would be able to convince her she is doing wrong by God.
I want to save her from the fires of hell, but I'm not sure she would accept it.
What should I do bros?

Getting married in the town hall isn't going to send her to hell. Getting married without a pompous ceremony isn't even a sin. Remarriage after divorce, however is a sin, and a particularly bad one at that. If she's a widow instead, remarriage is fine I guess.
But you still should try bring her to Jesus, as not believing in him will send her to hell.

IIRC natural marriage to be a thing needs to have:
And that's all.
SACRAMENTAL marriage needs however that both spouses are baptised. It's also liturgical art for it's literally "work for the people"
But if one of spouses are divorced, then it's adultery and not marriage at all. And there are cases like incest when there couldn't be any form of marriage.

One of my parents said I should go to Divinity School. I told them this was dangerous, even if I don't want to become a teacher, because it's safer to be ignorant of some things than to learn more and become potentially capable of receiving the "greater condemnation." Does this verse refer to the act of teaching or only the act of knowing more about the Truth? Did I misapply Scripture?

Sorry. I didn't think anyone would ever respond to my post when I saw it went without reply for so long. I'm glad I checked now though. Yes, I'll try consulting a priest and asking him for advice.

Why should I follow God's rules if he'll love me and forgive me anyways?

Attached: Inside_the_Church_of_Our_Lady_Immaculate,_Guelph.jpg (1600x1067, 732.73K)

Wrong assumption. Dangerous.

Yeah right I can tell how that will go.
>Thank you Father, but you know, there's nothing wrong with breaking your rules, so really what is the problem? I really didn't do anything wrong.

Attached: 1425813974550.png (356x256, 199.58K)

'Whoever says a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.'
All sins will be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they utter; but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin.'
'Every one who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven; but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.'
CHAP. XIX. The Sins against the Holy Ghost Expounded
Q. 915. HOW many are the sins against the Holy Ghost?
A. Six: despair of salvation, presumption of God’s mercy, to impugn the known truth,
envy at another’s spiritual good, obstinacy in sin, and final impenitence.
Q. 920. What is obstinacy in sin?
A. '''A wilful persisting in wickedness, and running on from sin to sin, after sufficient
instructions and admonition.'''
Q. 921. How show you the malice of this sin?
A. Out of Heb. x. 26, 27. "If we sin wilfully after having received the knowledge of the
truth, there is now left no sacrifice for sins, but a certain dreadful expectation of
judgment."
Q. 922. What other proof have you?
A. Out of 2 Pet. ii. 21. "It was better for them not to know the way of justice, than after
the knowledge to turn back from the holy commandment which was given them."
Q. 923. What is final impenitence?
A. '''To die without either confession or contrition for our sins, as those do of whom it is
said, '''“With a hard neck, and with uncircumcised hearts and ears, you always resist the
Holy Ghost.” Acts vii. 51. And in the person of whom Job speaks, saying, “Depart thou
from us, and we will not have the knowledge of thy ways.” Job xxi. 14.
Q. 924. Why is it said that those sins should never be forgiven, neither in this
world, nor in the world to come?
A. Not because there is no power in God or in the sacraments to remit them, if we confess
them, and be sorry for them, (excepting only final impenitence) of which we read, “There
is a sin to death for that I say not that any man ask.” 1 John i. 9. “If we confess our sins,
he is faithful and just to forgive our sins, and cleanse us from all iniquity.”

so apparently he reconverted .. i guess it’s pointless to ask this now since it aint an issue

So if I insult God, there's no chance for forgiveness? I'm automatically going to hell?

Because you have to want to be forgiven in the first place.

No. If you truly repent of it, confess and do penance, you can be forgiven. If you persist in it, however, especially until death (which is what final impenitance means) then it's not looking good for you.

You have the freedom to cross reference what the Catholic church says about the Sin against the Holy Spirit. You are being very ungrateful right now by only not reading it, but 'pretending that you have read it.
Nowhere in that text talks anything about insulting god. Everything in that text talks about being unrepentant.

If you blaspheme the Holy Ghost then you can never be saved. If blaspheme the Son or Father you still can be.

No, can you read? It literally says it will not be forgiven "but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men." "but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come."

Attached: 269DFF1D-43D7-447A-9DA4-A72DCA0E3456.jpeg (533x741, 93.59K)

Because what will save us is not our being loved by God, but our loving God. And God's commandments are there to teach us about God and to discover our love for Him that is intense yet deeply hidden in our being, covered by mountains of trash.

It refers to knowledge of the faith and the commandments of Christ in Scripture, so yes, you did misapply it. Actively avoiding knowledge about Christianity to avoid defining sin is a silly loophole and I can guarantee that it's not legitimate.

Yes, even though OSAS is true he will still bless/punish you on earth and if you do works you get more rewards in the afterlife
Ecclesiastes 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

why do protestant bibles remove verses 9 - 24 from psalm 138?

Man i hate making replies in this board because it takes like 3 years for them to get responded to. but i'll bite

true, but you must realize that you cannot be blamed for an action which you did not understand. "father forgive them, for they know not what they do."

it's like if i say this: "muhammad is awesome and is the ultimate prophet", but if i say this only ironically, then i say it with no sincerity, and even a muslim would not consider this a legitimate announcement

likewise, if someone thinks that they blasphemes against the holy spirit, but then they sincerely repent of it, then they are no longer blaspheming, since they admit the power of the holy spirit to heal spiritual wounds

"Thou shalt have no other gods before Me" Exodus 20:3

So can I have other gods as long as I put God before them?

Attached: pepeVirgoInfrared2.jpg (300x317, 13.81K)

God's position in your life is to be worshipped. If you worship a false god, you have put him before God.

Q. 915. HOW many are the sins against the Holy Ghost?
A. Six: despair of salvation, presumption of God’s mercy, to impugn the known truth,
envy at another’s spiritual good, obstinacy in sin, and final impenitence.
What part did you don't understand?

OSAS is not true and prosperity gospel is even less true. Do I have you remind you, o vain and prideful man, that sinners die in pleasure when saints in sorrow?
"If we sin wilfully after having received the knowledge of the truth, there is now left no sacrifice for sins, but a certain dreadful expectation of judgment."
"It was better for them not to know the way of justice, than after the knowledge to turn back from the holy commandment which was given them."
"4 For it is impossible, in the case of those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, and have shared in the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 and then have fallen away, to restore them again to repentance, since they are crucifying once again the Son of God to their own harm and holding him up to contempt. 7 For land that has drunk the rain that often falls on it, and produces a crop useful to those for whose sake it is cultivated, receives a blessing from God. 8 But if it bears thorns and thistles, it is worthless and near to being cursed, and its end is to be burned."

Probably because it's partvif the aprocrypha. I can't find an english version if it just the latin one

sane with some part in Daniel 3

likewise,
Because they're saying it ironically and don't mean it
No, again it says it shall not ever be forgiven if you mean it

Are there any other websites like vaticannews.va ?
I am mostly interested about Europe and Catholicism.

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm 138&version=KJV
biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm 138&version=DRA

orthodox have many old relics like that

how to deal with very obscene intrusive thoughts? they came out of no where. probably a demon. thank you friends.

Yes, I can read, because blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is doubting or denying It's ability to save you and forgive your sins. By saying as the Jews did that Jesus wasn't casting out demons by the Holy Spirit but by the prince of devils, they were literally denying divine work.
How can you be forgiven by the very Thing which forgives you, if you deny it's efficacy or think it is just a demonic power? Their refusal to acknowledge this is why He said you can't be forgiven it.

Try engaging with actual apologetics and getting a sense of what's being said rather than just going back to "b-but it says …!"

Orthodox and Catholics, how did you discern your Christian names? I'm on track to be chrismated this Easter but I don't quite know what do to. My priest suggested I do some research into my own name, as a few saints had the same name as I, but I feel like I should choose a new one to better symbolize my new life in the church. Help!

Are both the Orthodox and the Catholics saved, according to each other? Also, do both posses the gift of apostolic succession something that sadly halted for Protestants…..as far as I know

Also, are the consecrations of the Lutherans invalid (as the one in the Eucharist, for example), due to this broken apostolic lineage and is more symbolic than an actual conversion?

I physically shake my head, albeit slightly. Some kind of action to take my mind off of such thoughts, followed by a prayer for mercy.

Do you guys believe Islam is a Christian heresy and Gabriel did speak to Mohammed to bring the Word of Christ to the Arabs but Mohammed failed? Like the guy had frequent seizures and told people it was from God sometimes.

All that the Father has is mine; therefore I said that he will take what is mine and declare it to you.
John 16:15
If all the Father has is Jesus's, can Jesus take literally whatever he wants? Does he have that authority?

They're in Ps139 … well, no, not … perfectly …
biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm 139&version=KJV (24 verses)
biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm 139&version=DRA (14 verses)

My guess would be the reason lies in the differences between the Masoretic and LXX texts. Protty Bibles, particularly the KJV, are more likely to reject the Masoretic for the LXX. Sometimes.

Very good question. Because things don't line-up perfectly, aye?

It gets worse: Ps140 are different, too (13 verse vs just 10 DRA)
Ps141 = 10 verse vs just 8 DRA
Ps142 = just 7 verse vs 12 DRA
Ps143 = just 12 verse vs 15 DRA
Ps144 = just 15 verse vs 21 DRA
Ps145 = 21 verse vs just 10 DRA
Ps146 = 10 verse vs just 11 DRA
Ps147 starts at v12 in the DRA, but otherwise they seem to match
Ps148, 149 matching numbers of verses
Ps150 = 6 verse vs just 5 DRA but that seems to be more how the last verse gets split up

I'd say someone fugged-up but you might take that to be tacit catholic-bashing.

Probably deserved/s its own thread

on it

Do you want to apologize to someone but either something silly is going on(people are giggling form something that happened earlier) or, most importantly you simply aren't taken seriously because people aren't used to having to apologize?
I feel like my apologies don't count anymore.

Can someone post the screencap of that user who debunked the Islamic science meme please?
If I remember correctly he ended his post with something like :
YES I'M REALLY PISSED ABOUT ISLAM
Thanks.

saying, “Go into the village in front of you, where on entering you will find a colt tied, on which no one has ever yet sat. Untie it and bring it here.
If anyone asks you, ‘Why are you untying it?’ you shall say this: ‘The Lord has need of it.’”
Luke 19:30-31
It does seem like he is able to take what he needs, but I'd just like to hear from someone else whether or not I'm on the right track.

If degeneracy and atheism is what caused God to abandon the us, why are Japan and China doing so well? Is it because white culture is based on Christianity and like a gasoline engine running on diesel, millennials are trying to run systems made through God and the right-hand path with left-hand path ideology?

Do the priests that rape little boys go to hell?

Attached: 38222-cross-sunrise-1200.1200w.tn.jpg (1200x627, 60.22K)

Where else would they go?

Idk, they're priests, so raping children is probably like the only sin they haven't confessed

I should go back to and say, "Yeah, maybe they're saved, you can't know" as a matter of technicality.

vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p2s2c2a4.htm
There's more, but I can't dump a whole wall of text here.
As you can see, having speedy access to confession isn't powerful as you'd think(Though having it in first place is rather important). Even then, such a unrepentant mortal sin would be enough to doom a soul to hell.

Reasking :DDD

There isn't an easy answer to this.
Orthodox are schismatics, which is not the same as heresy, so they aren't irredeemable, but they don't make it easy for themselves. I mean even technically speaking, from a Catholic point of view, their rites and sacraments are valid, if not really licit, and in cases of necessity you can fulfil your Sunday obligation, give confession, receive the Eucharist and last rites from an Orthodox priest, but only under the most extraordinary circumstances (i.e. you are travelling in Russia).
Some modernists like to push the "two lungs" theory, but this doesn't fly with a lot of trads, for obvious reasons. Fundamentally, we leave the judgement to God Himself.

Pretty much. Lutheranism is ultimately at the root of the modern "le symbolic communal meal" meme of the Blessed Eucharist, rather than treating it as the Real Presence of the Body and Blood of the Lord.

Find a saint who really resonates with you, first of all. If they have a name close to yours, that's even better.

Catholics have apostolic succession, although there is a tradition that exists that says schismatics don't have real sacraments, including orders (based on the Apostolic Constitution), so some (ie ROCOR when they were in schism, Mount Athos monks) say that Catholics don't have apostolic succession.

We can't just say who is saved and who is not. If we can't say with certainty that anyone who's in the Church right now will be saved, we cannot say with certainty that anyone who's outside the Church will be condemned.
Can one be saved even if they're a Catholic? Yes, but it'll be in spite of Catholic errors, not thanks to them.

I believe some Lutherans have kept apostolic succession, but the vast majority have lost it by not intending to actually ordain pastors to the priesthood to begin with.
Similarly, there are Anglicans who have lost apostolic succession by ordaining women.

I don't know if their consecration is necessarily just a funny ritual though. God alone knows that, and in doubt we should treat with respect any communion upon which it is asked that God brings down His Spirit to make them the Body and Blood of Christ, because we do not have the authority to say God would refuse such a request. But I can't imagine an Orthodox ever being allowed to have communion at a Lutheran parish, while in extreme circumstances it has been allowed before to commune at a Catholic or Anglican parish.

Some thinkers have come up with the idea that Muhammad's revelations did start off as a legitimate thing, he simply went off the deep end.

The angel who appeared to him first tried to kill him, so I wouldn't be so sure.

Islam is still a Christian heresy though, it is based in Christianity. Judaism is a Christian heresy too. And Jehova's Witnesses… And Mormons…

You know, because Islam and even Zoroastrianism are so close to Christianity both physically and spiritually, who knows.

Even if you're laughed at or not taken seriously, your apologies matter. Don't give up!

When I was getting baptized, my Priest suggested the same. I looked at formal lists of saints, did a little research on the few saints that share my first name, and picked one that resonated with me.
With that said, there's nothing stopping you from picking someone else. I know a woman who picked St. Werburga, and another man who picked St. John – neither of those were their original name. Just be careful with your choice because people are supposed to refer to you by the name of your Patron once you pick. If you choose St. Barffhion, people will probably give you a hard time. The woman who picked Werburga is held up as an example of dedication by my Priest since it's a bizzare name.

Ultimately, start with the saints that share your name and move to ones that catch your attention. Research saints that lived in your area and ones that are associated with issues you struggle with. Good luck!