Meme thread

New meme thread because the old one is autosaging, starting with a request: I need the exploitable 8ch logo, have this crop in return

Attached: victory.png (600x1594, 617.88K)

you did not answer any of my points

please try again. otherwise, accept that your charge against the Church is false.

You'll be living in shit for eternity if you keep it up.

Your point was just that some people spoke latin so there's no reason to make it legal to read the Bible

no u

no, my point is that the Church did not do anything to keep the common man away from the Bible, but rather, did all it could to sustain and hold up scripture

you will never admit this, because you are a slanderer

stop discussing this stuff in the meme thread

Attached: 1485387770198.png (1000x720 62.82 KB, 380.62K)

It says "rightly dividing the word of truth." What do you think that might possibly mean when it comes to whether or not you study and know the word of God?

Keep reading to the next verse.

When the bible isn't explained to you chances are you're going to make up another protestant heresy and be lost, and safeguarding your flock is the job of any priest, so I don't see a problem there.

Are you really this dense? Learning to read requires education and education costs time and money common people didn't have.

50 of the best in England maybe.

I don't think that St. John Chrysostom, St. Gregory of Nazianzus or St. Basil the Great would agree with these translators.

The vulgate was translated completely around 410, when West-Europe still spoke Latin for another 200-300 years.

It was to combat unapproved translations as to hold the spread of heresies.
The Douay–Rheims bible was approved and published without any problems before the KJV existed.

Literally NOTHING is said about studying scripture in here, and my language shows that the context is an allegory about being direct with the truth.

One does not need to read scripture to know what's inside.
The fact that you people look up single verses, with no context at all, and paste them all behind each other just to prove your argument as to why you need to read the bible but doing what's inside is less important is borderline idolatry of a book.

You protestants see the Work of God as the bible.
The Word of God is something living, something that moves, something that you can put down on paper but on its own won't do anything.
You people have killed the Word of God like the Pharisees did, by diligently studying it yet not doing anything from what's written inside.

Tbh these discussions would be a whole lot clearer and better if you Romanists would just admit up front you believe it's a good thing to keep people from reading the bible, instead of us having to pry it out of you

Here is something he left out, from the same statement

The problem is that people conflate reading with knowledge, and it always was, is, and will forever be laughable to claim that the Church wants to keep people from knowing the word of God, since an entire third of a regular mass is dedicated to reading it aloud first and subsequently explain it. That's all.

How can you paste that text and come to this superficial a conclusion? Are you being purposefully dishonest? I sure hope not.

I don't need a rabbi, thanks, I'll read it myself

It literally begins by implying "the Sacred Books are permitted everywhere and without discrimination in the vernacular" would be a bad thing, and then gives instruction for limiting access as much as possible. How thickly tinted are your glasses that you think that isn't what's going on here?
In fact, it says only those who are most committed to official doctrine should be granted permission to read the bible, no doubt since they are least likely to abandon the pope for whatever they might find therein.

It's very rich coming from a protestant of whom a lot would outlaw the printing of a non-approved bible version themselves.
The whole Council was to counter protestantism, which included homebrew versions of the bible.

You are reading in it what you want it to be lest your whole vision of catholicism might fall into pieces.
It expressly says "and without discrimination" which points out that vernacular bibles must be first approved.
The fact that catholics have printed vernacular translations before protestants did is enough proof of your blind unfounded hatred as long as it furthers your narrative about the catholic Church.

You would have someone like the king of England who would ban non-approved bibles, not because they wanted to limit the bible (unlike Rome), but because they wanted a monopoly on bible sales. The same men allowed promiscuous bible reading, again, unlike Rome.
No, I'm just letting it speak for itself. The fact you find it shameful is telling
I'm don't get you. Regardless of whatever it is you're saying, I think "without discrimination" is a reference to the people who would be permitted the sacred books. Meaning, universally accessible
Did they now? You mean like the aforementioned Douay-Rheims, and how it preceded the KJV? This is a point I see a number of Catholic apologists making, of course, they never mention that 6 Protestant Modern English bibles existed before the DR. The Catholic hierarchy did not approve vernacular bible translations until the Counter-Reformation.

grrrr i will buly you
woke

Then you've got a corrupt translation buddy. The context does point to knowing and being able to rightly divide the word of truth. Now maybe that doesn't mean anything to you because you don't know the word of truth yet? If you knew the word of truth, you'd know what this is talking about.
Ok let me just say up front that I have enough self-respect not to whine this much about context without even being able to explain how. This sounds like a canned excuse, to be honest. Or why don't you tell us why the context is wrong then in even one case? Can you? Or can we all simply say "ur out of context" in response to everything? Get back to us with that explanation. Might need to do some studying.
How would you know, you don't read it?
You've proven to be unreliable, so why exactly does it matter what you think? You've already said that it doesn't matter whether the word truly abides in you or not. Like you can substitute your own ideas in for it and call it "oral tradition" just like the rabbis did. All arguments from fallible human authority, no Jesus. – Mark 7:7-13

I have this edit but can't find the original; I'm sure someone else has it.

Attached: chad virgin future.jpg (479x640, 56.22K)

Hookers

I got it in the meantime.

Attached: The Virgin Chad and The Chad Virgin.jpg (952x444, 61.46K)

Attached: q3nxunv5ka801.jpg (750x499 179.15 KB, 55.28K)

Then please bear in mind that you're exposing yourself greatly and needlessly to the risk of heresy.

That's an assumption not based on facts just to support your narrative.

The taking out of context of verses can be done very easily and it's not calling speaking for itself, but being a fraudulent.

Isaiah 54:13, John 16:13

I don't think they were granting permission to the books, I think they were giving it to people

Proverbs 26:18-19

What is permitted? The Sacred Books
How are these permitted? Without discrimination.

You just ARE this dense I guess.

For about 200-300 more years was it vernacular.
It was a vernacular ordered by the catholic Church, so your argument is already undone especially since you have no facts to back it up anyway except muh feelings.
Much can also be said about the KJV's old English that's apparently so dated you guys don't even know that the word 'study' in 2 Timothy 2:15 doesn't mean 'to study' as in studying an object.

Possession of the sacred books by people. This is what it means. That is a fact. What are you even claiming it means?
The Roman Catholic hierarchy did not exist back then.

Bloody hell IT'S ABOUT THE PERMISSION OF THE SACRED BOOKS NOT THE POSSESSION OF THEM YOU DENSE NIGGA

So you are this retarded, well discussion is over then I guess.

history is the really their achilles' heel, they cannot really use the sort of hand-wavy gloss they've been taught to use in holy scripture

Fire your English teacher

What baffles me everytime is that they go through lenghts of doublething and fanfiction just to keep the 'le ebil cathlic church' narrative working in their head.

Everytime.

Good job.

Study to show thyself approved next time. And that doesn't mean laying aside the commandment of God like you seem to think it does. Saying it's all out of context is just a lazy cop-out

Psalm 119
Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.
Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
I have sworn, and I will perform it, that I will keep thy righteous judgments.

They executed people for translating it. And no they didn't allow people to read it(unless theybwere a priest) even if they spoke latin.

So you claim to know exactly which precepts and words are right trough no effort of your own, since you just accepted what was handed down to you, but claim that those who told you which is which are wrong in their application of said things, since I assume you use l*ther's "canon", but then why trust those people at all since they're hypocrites?

citations, please

"Heretics" weren't just protestants of today, they were usually legitimate terrorists of their day, whipping up their personal sects into acts of terror against Catholic Churches, priests, and nuns.

Most of the executions of the day weren't even conducted by the Church, but State actors trying to put down Protestant-tier ISIS sects of the day. Coincidentally, they also preached insurrectionism against the local state/princes, especially if they were Catholic.

oh, you can even check out England if you like.

it's king henry the 8th

-putting prots to death for not being catholic
and then…
-putting catholics to death for not being anglican-protestant

and in all varying degrees until Elizabeth I had Mary killed, snuffing out Catholicism for a good 300 years*

*it was illegal to be Catholic or attend Mass.
You were killed, or all your property was offered to other people as punishment

Key words.

Even today, you should not read anything to do with Scripture or Scripture iself that does not have an Imprimatur or Nihil Obstat.
This is to help prevent the Pastor Jims making up rubbish to mislead people.

What he said . Part of the reason that the likes of St Francis were initially treated with suspicion by the hierarchy was because they weren't sure if he was the real deal or just another heretic mendicant.
The difference was that not only was St Francis completely orthodox in his faith, but also because his belief was that one could live without wealth or possessions. Other mendicants like the Dulcinists, Waldensians, Apostolic Bretheren, Lollards etc. believed that one "should" live without possessions, and often attacked others who did so, amongst preaching innumerable other profanities.

yep

catholic mystics - preach tenants of faith in accordance with holy scripture, tradition, and the magisterium

- most importantly, are OBEDIENT. they never offer up a correction, or a brand new path that precludes the authority of Christ's Church, but rather show you another way in accordance with the holy scriptures

protestant preachers - everyone who don't do this are ebil or unbelievers, to varying degrees

Nobody gave the permission or authority to anyone to impose such a restriction. You have no authority.

I don't get what you're trying to say, neither of my posts were in response to you. But I will say that the church has no business executing people and no actual church ever has. Much less taking away the word of God from the people, that's the opposite of what the church has been commissioned to do by the Lord Jesus Christ, upon whom the church is built.

Mt 16:18

The church didn't. The secular authorities did that :^)

Why do protestants make Catholicism pre-1500 sound like it was some super secret mystery cult where people were just left to spiritually rot outside it? The Church was indeed always cautious about people, particularly less educated people, getting a hold of scripture, because thye knew what damange could be done by people reading things they didn't understand could do, and it's not like there weren't heretics from the get go. In fact, the arch-heretic, Simon Magus, is even mentioned in the Bible itself trying to "buy" the power of Holy Spirit for himself.
Really, a little learning is a dangerous thing. Drink deeply or not at all.
Whatever its practises were, the Church never tried to deny what was in scripture to anyone, through sermons, plays, paintings or whatever. Just because people couldn't read didn't mean they had no access to the contents of Scripture.

John 17:17-18
Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

Matthew 28:19-20
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

If you can't accept authority then you can't accept from God either way.
The Church is not a democracy like the joke of your country.

2 Peter 3:16-17
As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.

That's why we have the Church to guide us to Christ path and teach his true word.
When you get uneducated retards like pastor Anderson interpretation a 2000yo greek-Hebrew-aramich text shit like protestants are born.
KJV isn't the word itself. Neither is any translation for that matter.
Only the words that come from the mouth of God.

Exactly. The Church in it's mission does these things, and always has done.

What is your objection?

1 Peter 1:23-25
Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.
For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:
But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

1 Thessalonians 2:13
For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

So you've just confirmed my point.
Free interpretation of the scripture might lead you into heresy.

You can't take away the word of God from people. You have no authority to do so.

And it's counter to the very foundations of what the church is meant to do.

Forget it bro. Wrong mention.

That's why I'm not going to respect false prophets who teach contrary to the word.

1 Corinthians 1:18
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

I mean if people want to listen to the word of God they could just, I don't know, go to church?
There were many false versions of the Bible circulating with lots of heresies, and since most people were uneducated they could spread heresies leading other man into sin.
Besides most people couldn't read either way.
If you could during your medieval studies you would read the Bible.

But it never has. What are you talking about?
Knowing the Word of God /= literally having a bible in your hands.

Exactly. False prophets like John Smyth, Martin Luther etc. Jesus warned us about them.

Alright then what's the point in taking it away from people? See, there's something here that doesn't add up. This is eerily like a post-crime justification of unlawful actions. But I'm not the one that will be judging this case.

What's the point of having a bible if you can't read?
Besides the number of bibles was very small. It took months to write one. There was no press back then. That means that a regular pleb couldn't just walk into a store and buy one. The only ones available were in monasteries churches and universities.
Having a Bible is different from having the word of God retard.

you could at least do it with images

Attached: no.png (2000x2000, 82.27K)

wat.

It's true.
It's like saying the apostles didn't truly evangelise because they were handing out bibles to everyone they met. Reading the Word is not the only way to receive it.

Posting some images to stay on topic.

Attached: daeb976314c13a4139b3b91f0eed648e28a154901cb343d5ba24175e74affc34.png (500x678 603.4 KB, 55.63K)

Attached: be74f4cf4049c7c6c9020e63fa20953c706fbfd51a341a2689a6aea29b39b748.png (964x1272 255.1 KB, 184.69K)

What is that second image supposed to be saying?

Attached: 1431ca4a8d0c6e28d88d7ae5eff33dd763a3d1d69eec1951f88ae8b398126764.jpg (500x789 37.9 KB, 246.64K)

Indeed, it’s absurd to suggest that Reagan did or Trump will in any way cause the death of homosexuals, that was their own fault.

tbh I never noticed the bottom text, I only ever saw the image

Attached: 8c523823290ce73f3e488c9e51e4194b185504a241db9d6046b84f5be57720dc.jpg (971x3604 59.74 KB, 785.09K)

Attached: 1444190244217 (2017_01_01 19_34_55 UTC)

Click, click, click, click, click, click, click -Knuckles's chat to the Ebolas 4:20

Attached: Blank _05035d4c76d87aa10cf7df68e49ff95e.jpg (247x326, 23.42K)

downboat

*spit noises

Attached: 1502049812497.png (1280x550, 259.84K)

Russia circa 1923

I still cry like a bitch whenever I look at this icon.

Attached: Кру.jpg (330x330 295.74 KB, 16.37K)

source on the 3rd one?

I get the same reaction from listening to this

/r/ing more rare Andersons

Nicholas II was a butcher. he killed a couple thousand crows and cats for fun

It would be better if Zig Forums just admitted they were full of newcomers and people that don't usually use Imageboards, and then killed this thread.
I swear this is some horrible stuff.

Attached: 1428578159365.jpg (910x1090, 312.4K)

proofs? Reddit is literally the first source I can find.

I Can provide in Russian?

Attached: 4FF71A56-82CA-450B-AC57-1E83D426DF56.png (634x466, 444.12K)

lmao

post better memes or leave then friend

Does anyone have that webm of the Pope as a magical girl anime?

I have no idea what the catholic figure dancing with the nun is, but they're cute together dancing.

We fit the Reformed row pretty spot on tbh

t. Sydney Anglican

tfw have to differentiate my diocese from all the others because we're basically the only conservative branch left

the purpose of this thread is to share memes that we can use for evangelizing, so there are memes that appeal to normies on facebook and chan-tards.

Attached: Anime.webm (320x180, 629.45K)

For once I can agree with Anderson.

Attached: pope-francis-follow-pontifex-anime-is-the-greatest-evil-the-1065013.png (500x300, 51.21K)

A-amen to that?

Has Zig Forums watched Japan: Kamikaze Nation yet?

Source of that sermon please ?

Attached: doge.png (1000x820 848.7 KB, 403.67K)

The Daily Bible Verse section of the popular Catholic app Laudate had an interesting pic today, usually they post different inspiring pics of Jesus but today they posted Jojo's.

Attached: Screenshot_20180112-102346.png (1080x1920, 1.19M)

gay

Do not be conformed to the world's pattern of thinking anime is gay, user.

very noble

Attached: AF208A03-5FA3-4EA6-B7AC-F9008EE4AD9B.jpeg (708x720, 123.98K)

Attached: 66FFAAB4-ABCB-4AF1-84EF-5E87A81D887F.jpeg (640x360, 40.01K)

L-O-V-E IT

Attached: babylonbee-satan-sprinkles-more-dinosaur-bones.png (706x1012, 635.77K)