First AR

Henlo /k, I just got my first AR.

Long story short, I did some wheelin' and dealin' with my LGS and got $1100 trade-in value give or take.

I got:

A brand new Ruger AR-556
9 30rd mags
A Leupold Mark AR Mod 1 with an RRA 1" cantilever scope mount
240rds of M855

Took all to the range today to sight in irons and scope, and I think I did okay for my first time firing an AR. Once I got things dialed in my groups weren't too bad.

However, the trigger on this AR doesn't seem great (this is my only complaint). It has a lot of creep and has like 8-9lbs pull (tested with gauge) and was responsible for more than one flier on my 100 and 200yd targets. It seems to break at a different point on each shot.

I don't have a lot of money to spend, what is a good replacement trigger? I put 210rds thru the gun today and the trigger's feel didn't change whatsoever.

I'm hoping that with a better trigger, non milsurp ammo, a soon to be broken in rifle (less machining marks and high edges), and better skill on my part as I go along, I'll be putting down some excellent groups.

Any help is appreciated.

Included: 2 groups (target is 12" diameter"

Tighter group is my 100yd group and first group with my optic. The two high and two low shots are from me dialing it in.

More spread out group is my 200yd group.

Attached: IMG_20180419_195007022.jpg (2448x3264 1.99 MB, 2.13M)

ALG ACT trigger will give you best bang for your buck. Pull weight will be lighter, cleaner break, and less creep. And yeah, M855 isn't the most accurate because of that steel penetrator. There's some variation in how they're "set" within the bullet, so some are just enough off-center to open up your groups. QTDDTOT next time.

What's your budget for a trigger? And are you looking for a single stage or 2 stage trigger?

I don't have a set budget per se. I find an item at what I believe to be a reasonable price and I either get it right then if my checking account permits, or save up for a little bit if not.

I think I'd like a 2 stage. Knowing exactly when the trigger will break will prevent the rifle from firing before (or after) I expect it to as occurred quite often today at the range, and hopefully improve my grouping.

Try rock river arms 2stage match, usually about 100 bucks.

I'm looking at that right now, and it has a good rep. I think I have my winner. Thanks user!

Get a LaRue trigger. Just takes a few months to get it but it's worth it.

Attached: vomit.jpg (680x680, 82.5K)

Is there something inherently wrong with RRA? Their scope mount I am currently using has held up well and hasn't loosened up under the 200rds I've put thru the gun

Along with … Springfield? They supported a ban on selling guns in their home state. No more than four (I think) fireams can be transferred total, FFLs have to pay double taxes because only big companies deserve to get your money, and that might have been when private sales were listed as needing to go through the FFLs in all cases … wouldn't want our sheeple selling their guns under the radar to exceed that pesky limit, would we?

Total per year, anyway.
Take a look at RightToBear … they've got an all-NiB fcg that is inexpensive and smooth.

I've seen 2-stage triggers for sale around $135 a few times; I got my G2S for less than $180 but haven't put in into a lower yet so couldn't say how good it is.

If you get the RRA from someplace that has already cut ties with that manufacturer, yeah the trigger is fine. But all of Zig Forums and beyond are boycotting them for being a 4meButnot4thee turncoat.

Saging for doublepost.

>>>/out/

What's wrong with RRA?
Also, why should I bother with an AR?

As others have said they're collaborators with the gun-grabbers.

It's one of the best platforms for building/buying a semi-auto rifle available, especially if you want to Barbie it up and construct a rifle meant specifically for you. Also, thanks to muh sanctions genuine AKs are getting increasingly difficult to acquire.

I didn't know they were fucking around like that, please don't assume I'm on board with their shit

Seconding this, I have ALG triggers in all of my ars, they're great.

This doesn't really go into /qtddtot/ but it's because it's not so much a question as a whine.

I dun screwed up, Zig Forums

I've disassembled my first completed-80% a couple times, and other than being tedious, and using the wrong size (over-the-counter hardware store purchase) roll pin for the trigger guard, nothing bad happened.

So, I've got the upper for the pistol assembled, and the lower cerakote'd, and I went about installing the LPK. From Stag Arms, this one had the mil-spec flat trigger guard, but instead of a threaded pin, it's spring loaded and permanent. Neato, right?

I put it in backwards. And could NOT get the roll pin to go through with the pliers. Eventually gave in and started hammering it down, and it still wouldn't go. … That's because it's the side that only has one hole.

So long as I never want to take that particular trigger guard off, I guess it's okay. But I was only using it because I don't have anything fancier to throw on the pistol lower. And I don't have a drill press so safely removing the roll pin by drilling it out isn't going to happen soon either.

Does anyone here have any suggestions, or is the only way to change the trigger guard some variation of "buy a new completed lower" ..?

Find a friend or a machine shop that has a drill press. Ask to borrow it. I also suggest you stop redditspacing like a tard.

Attached: reddit spacing.png (866x475, 53.08K)

your trigger is fine op, it just needs polished. they come with built un machining marks by default.

mil-spec triggers are a shit
get a 3.5lb single stage trigger from someone, CMC and Patriot Ordinance is what I have, both are great.
and get a rail if you don't have one, that plastic shit melts fast.

Did you use a hand drill jig or something?

What fucking handguard did you use? Some poorfag airshitter thing from aliexpress? Plastic handguards with heat shields will not melt under nor al circumstances and deal with heat better than any metal handguard including those all holes rails being sold for over 300.

Okay holup. You put the spring detent side of the TG towards the pistol grip but the side with a hole going through, you put it on the side with a hole on only the right side correct? Is there a big chunk of roll pin sticking out or did you some how get it flush. If it still sticks out just get to work on it with a pair of pliers that will get you a good grip like groove joints or vise grips. If it is flush dont worry and just use the hand drill with a smaller bit if you're scared of yoking out the hole and start moving up in size from there. Hopefully you don't twitch like a crack nigger but a good vise will help you well especially if you can set it side ways so you can anchor your hand on a solid surface while working.

Fuck off lad

Tried that already; not enough sticks out and now it's just mushed – nothing that can grip it.

Do you just not read books? These are paragraphs, strelok. I'm writing prose here.

And instantly my mind goes to a hypothetical case where I'm posting at length about tho mongol hordes of ancient times, and the resulting discussion needs must be pointed out to be a discussion of the prose and kahns.

5D Tactical's jig and makita 6.5-amp router, plus yes a hand drill for the FCG holes.

Attached: MakeItA.jpg (400x400, 11.88K)

Try and get military surplus 556. I've gotten mine down to 1 inch groupings at 200 yards with an Aipa Optics scope that I picked up for $100. They stay that way until I start the second mag, then the barrel heats up. Also look into a receiver shim.

Stop digging lad, you're only making the hole deeper. Your post deserves at best two paragraphs, not seven.

you've obviously never shot an AR to any serious extent, you stupid piece of shit.

MBT