Military bases

How likely is it that this location still stores EODs?

navynucweps.com/images/nas_adak_auw.htm

Attached: ADAK6.gif (902x607 380.45 KB, 348.22K)

Well the D part is kind of key to such facilitates. No sane military has an entire warehouse of faulty "explosive ordnance" just stacked somewhere waiting for disposal. That's why we even burn cheese. Although if people were crazy enough to do such a thing, putting that warehouse on an abandoned island in the middle of a very low traffic sea would be a good place.

On the other hand it would also make sense to put a massive server farm there, because the cold is needed to cool the chips. If that were the case, the story about dangerous explosives might make the perfect cover.

Meanwhile in Russia

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (896x672 2.27 MB, 1.18M)

Strelok, I think the kea word here is 'sane'.

If Darwin was here to see and document Russians, he would never have formed the theory of evolution.

You're forgetting one very important detail. Ordinance is inert. If it fails, it just fizzles out in a weak burst of flame, or doesn't even start altogether. This is why if you drop a bomb during transporting it, it wouldn't explode. You need a very carefully designed and precisely calibrated ignition device to get it to work properly. And in all of these, it's damaged or destroyed, hence they didn't explode as intended. Unexploded ordinance is a threat the same way a live bullet with failed primer is a threat. Unless you go out of your way trying to fuck with it, it won't even do anything.

Depends on the explosive compound in it, some get pretty volatile with age.

M8 nobody in military uses TNT. It's not even that strong an explosive.

Pure TNT, no.
But TNT mixed with other compounds? Yes.

Those aren't waiting for disposal. That's the disposal.
All old ammunition is moved out of stocks dumped on a military terrain in the middle of nowhere (which isn't something Russia lacks).
If it blows up it blows up.
All it will kill are the idiots guarding it that are there as punishment and nothing of value will be lost.

There is a clear method to the Russian insanity.

Why didn't they destroy it? If USA collapse then everyone will want to pillage it.

It is stored in middle of nowhere so how come they didn't deserted it unless they are too dumb to realise that it's a death punishment for them.

First they only, sometime, blow up. Men are hopeful creatures by nature. Second, the russian climate (very cold and largely wet) tend to naturally prevent any chemical reaction of a combustive nature making it largely safer to do that than elsewhere.
Last but not least let me ask you a simple question:
How?
How are they supposed to desert?
It's the same thing with most Russian "camps" (low security prisons).

The first town is a day trip on 4x4 truck on a mud track.
Said town is where the rest of the soldiers are.

Oh and the town isn't actually connected to anything by roads than other logging/mining camps. It's link to civilized parts of Russia will be an airfield/rail station that are largely military in nature too…

If the idiots were capable to trek in the tundra for 3 months to maybe get back to a town where they wouldn't be arrested on sight, they wouldn't be there in the first place, all they're gonna manage by fleeing is ending up as wolf chow. And again nothing of value will be lost.

You don't need walls to keep people somewhere, as an aussie you should understand what the "middle of nowhere" means.
The promise to come and get them back is what is keeping them there.

Madness. But controlled and polished in a very methodical manner.

Attached: Russian soul.mp4 (318x180, 1.7M)

I don't know how it works in Russia, but in countries with mandatory conscription that sort of shit is usually reserved for conscripts who fuck up real bad not hard for a vodka-chugging snownigger to do or those who manage to get on the wrong side of some superior that bad. So to add to that, those guys' line of thought probably goes something like "just three more months of this shit and I'm free to go home and chug vodka and eat sunflower seeds with Vadim and guys again all I want". So they have virtually no incentive to escape, and risk a harsher penalty.

Thank for the interesting video. I am very happy that it is subtitled because I am deaf so thank you again! If the tv are filled with real life based video from the people instead of the (((media))) then their minds would be molded differently.

The acronym you're looking for Strelok is UXO, not EOD. How likely is it? Not likely at all, ADAK was closed in 97' when it's mission slowly dissolved with the collapse of the USSR and it fell victim to a round of BRAC, it's been on the NHL/NHP registry since 87', but most of the hardened facilities were demolished to make room for a civil airport. Chance are, if it still had UXO on site, there have been a big media story about it being left behind, unguarded at a civil locale.

There's a lot of wisdom in that, I sure as hell know that feeling

What does it even mean?

This might be the romantic in me.
Essentially what they are saying is that up there, working, or flying up to there they are alive. They get to be on the edge of life and death, being on the edge of the final frontier. The thing is when they are back on earth, they don't have that. They are stuck just going through the motions, they don't have the feelings they do up there.

If you would like to imagine, it's basically getting out of the service and seeing old friends but realizing you don't really identify with them on the same level anymore, especially compared to the guys you were in with. Not sure how to better describe it myself, but that's how I see it.

if a war were to break out, how bad would we be with all of these base closures?

When you say "war", I'm going to assume you mean an act honest war against a "force equal" aggressor, not blowing up sand people; Shit, this is going to be a long post…

In the event of a large scale conflict these closures would greatly hinder us, it's force reduction, which is never a "good" thing, but on the economic side of the coin it would be a real industry boost (*insert something negative about the MIC here*). Since 91' we've tried folding multiple missions into singularities, be it with weapon systems, commands, ect… and it never works out for the better…unless you're the executive of a defense contractor who's billing the US Gov't $500K for an OTS part. (Seriously though, fuck any contractor post-1992, they went from developing and manufacturing start of the art, ground breaking systems to being corporate welfare leeches). The only smart move made by DoD post-1992 was moving some of our WRS out onto Ro-Ro, rather than in static locations we'd eventually lose due to capitulation of cucked politicians to anti-war/anti-nuke whining. So, at least we have war stock mothballed somewhere that is mobile, rather than just completely destroyed, which Congress loves to do. All that ammo destroyed years back, that was WRSA. Aame with all the 1911's, M9's, M1 Grands, M14's, M16's, ect… fed to Captain Crunch, all WRS that could have either been mothballed or surplused out for the commercial markets, but you can thank whiny ass anti-war groups and shitty companies that can't function with any real competition, all with the geriatric fucks in Congress. So, do away with any dreams you had about a Red Dawn scenario where crates of Vietnam-era M16s and pallets of M193 5.56 being air-dropped by the AF in your suburban neighborhood to help arm you in fighting off Ivan and Xi from driving deeper into CONUS.