Combat Fitness General /cfg/

You like guns and knives, but what use are these when someone pins you against a wall? If they grab your gun? Can you drag or carry your buddy out of harms way if he is injured? Can you hoist yourself over a wall while in full kit? Can you accurately fire after a sprint in full kit?

user, we need to talk about your fitness.

The body is the only thing tying you to this physical world. It is the ultimate weapon, moreso than your gucci AR and ceramic armor plates. You have a responsibility to mold it into what it has a evolved to be, strong, limber, with the muscle memory to get yourself out of any hairy situation.

Attached: fag_pushups.jpg (857x471 27.35 KB, 413.06K)

Other urls found in this thread:

liamrosen.com/fitness.html
arthritis-health.com/treatment/injections/stem-cell-therapy-arthritis
defrancostraining.com/westside-for-skinny-bastards-part3/
t-nation.com/workouts/531-how-to-build-pure-strength
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4198250/
youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FSZJu448
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'ld recommend if you're a medieval fag, or a history fag in general to read up on Pietro Monte' Collectanea: The Arms, Armour and Fighting Techniques of a Fifteenth-Century Solder. For modern training you might as well go to a gym to, but if anyone wanted to know how medieval soldiers did all the physically impressive shit that was required in melee combat on or off a horse, then this would be the thing to read. Basically the most physcially demanding sports in the Olympic games you'd see ancient /fit/izens training on a daily basis. If you were a soldier you needed skills like shot put, sprinting, vaulting among other things to be battlefield effective. Your pike formation is getting routed toward a river bed? Don't worry your pikes make great tools to vault from one side to the other without getting your shit immediately squashed in my those faggot nobleman on horseback.

Attached: fit angels above.jpg (243x295, 107.53K)

Push ups, niggers. And jumping jacks.

That's very vague, also
wewlad
Something like this would be better
Pushups 3xf
Pull Ups 3xf
And hill sprints, something like 5x40yds with 30 second breaks

This. You can do bodyweight workouts anytime, anywhere. Three times a week, do
And you have a bare-bones workout for several muscle groups

This one is iffy considering how many people's legs are strong enough to do many, many BW squats.
I would suggest squat jumps instead, a much better BW lower body exercise IMO.
Be careful. this can fuck up your joints if you don't have proper form(Or proper shoes). Get some nice, thick squishy soled running shoes with a nice insole and make sure to strike the ground with your midfoot. I would also suggest sprints if you want a quicker workout, they are fucking brutal and will have you puking pretty quick.
Also, you cannot neglect pullups, they are just as important as pushups for BW exercise. Doorway pullup bars are cheap, and if you're serious about your health and fitness $20 is not a big investment.

Attached: run.jpg (474x474 29.06 KB, 10.02K)

ID Change, I'm 2f4da1
Oh believe me, I know. I have weak knees from birth and I personally try to swim instead of jog because of this. I wanted to list shit that anyone could do anywhere however, as a no-excuses anyone-can-do-this-shit exercise regimen.

I agree, but proper form should be emphasized no matter what.

>liamrosen.com/fitness.html

Whoops, didn't intend to include that first line.

It is very important to train for what you will actually do. A modern interpretation of this form of physical training would be some sort of endurance work with firearms, explosive(as in explosive movement) weight training, and some work for core strength and stability.

Not saying it isn't good info, but nobody wants to read all that, and it especially has nothing to do with guns or combat.
This thread is already only tangentially Zig Forums, lets refrain from making it a general health and fitness thread.

Here are some sample exercises. IF you don't have a gym and don't have any equipment, just doing squats, pushups, and pullups won't cut it for muscular development.
Also, has anyone checked out patmacs combat strength training book? He is probably on gear but that doesn't necessarily discount his advice. I'll post some videos.

Attached: 9792cffe40d879402cc8b33e65cefc0fc10f05a0aa5cc8a69b1d4a2da00f8207.jpg (540x773, 53.5K)

do you have a pdf?

Just get the book, so you can support the few people who go out of their way to dust off fechtbucher that were thrown in the corner with all the others somewhere in some great library. When the EMPs go off how do you expect to bring society up from the stone age with a pdf? Always have hard copies. Dark times are ahead.

You'd have to calculate the cost of printing and laminating the PDF, the cost of the ink ect. vs actaully buying the book.

On another note.
FLEXIBILITY
You don't want to pull a muscle, do you user? Can you even touch your toes with straight legs? Stretch, stretch every day if you can, personally I only stretch on training days after I train.

Attached: d2913ebaf677de5d2000a33147c201d1.jpg (736x1025 88.24 KB, 87.31K)

so let's say your knees are already fucked up, and you regularly have to wear an elastic brace at your retail job standing and walking all day. What do? I'm not even thirty yet and my knees hurt and threaten to give out at times. I fucked up my knees jogging like a retard when I was younger because I didn't know any better.

lol youre fucked
you can stay in the armory elastiboy

Get stem cells injected into your knees
arthritis-health.com/treatment/injections/stem-cell-therapy-arthritis
Other than that, I would say take some advil and do some work on an exercise bike.

RUDE

Attached: 1442731008313.gif (275x200, 115.78K)

A wise person once said through repetition you can gain a lot of strength.

I'm in shape but the tough physical labor of lifting and walking in circles at my warehouse job are wrecking my feet, I have lots of support in my shoes I think it's plantar fasciitis.
Also have the type of body that eats gains in two seconds, not making enough time to fork in fuel before clocking in.

STARTER PACK, PICK YOUR WEIGHT

Monday: Legs

Squat Wide Stance 3×8
Squat Narrow Stance 3×8
Stiff Legged Deadlift 4×8
Leg Press Wide Foot Placement 3×8
Leg Press Narrow Foot Placement 3×8
Leg Curls 3x Drop set
Leg Extensions 3x Drop set

Tuesday: Chest/Biceps

Flat Barbell Bench Press 3×8
Incline Barbell Bench Press 3×8
Dips 3×8
Flat Dumbbell Press 3×8
Incline Dumbbell Press 3×8
Straight Barbell Curls 3×8
Heavy Hammer Curls 3×8
Cable Curls 3×8 Drop set

Wednesday: Back/Abs/HIIT

Deadlift Bent Over Barbell Rows 3×8
Bent Over V Bar Rows 3×8
Two Handed Cable Rows 3×8 Drop set
Kneeling Cable Crunches 3×8
Standing Cable Crunches 3×8
Weighted Leg Raises 3×8

Thursday: Shoulders/Triceps

Military Press 3×8
Barbell Upright Rows 3×8
Side Raises 3×8
Bent Over Lateral Raises 3×8
Skull Crushers 3×8
Cable Tricep Extension 3×8

Overhead Cable Tricep Extension 3×8

Friday: Glutes, Calves, HIIT

Cable Kickbacks 3×8
Smith Machine Kick Ups 3×8
Lunges Smith Machine 3×8
Standing Calf Raises 3×8
Seated Calf Raises 3×8
HIIT 20 mins

Saturday: Back/Abs

Wide Grip Pull Ups 3×8
Wide Grip Pull Downs 3×8
Close Grip Pull Downs 3×8
Machine Pull Downs 3×8
Crunches 3×8
Seated Leg Tucks 3×8
Bent Knee Leg Raises 3×8

Sunday: Rest/Stretch

Nah, I'm just gonna camp the whole war.
I'm good.

Attached: ce09a5173c30847c4474ca14b3603479d0650180199579c05127cdfb30eda5e1.jpg (1024x845, 215.59K)

For anybody interested how Germany could become so strong in the 19th Century I recommend to read "Die Deutsche Turnkunst" by Friedrich Ludwig Jahn.
It includes all the training a person should do to become fit for the military during that period and even gives instructions of how to build your own 19th century training ground to do these activities.
Also at the end of the book there are further recommendations of books from other European Countries from the same period, so its a treasure trove for anybody interested in that period.

benis :-DDDD

You best keep that benis oiled and loaded, user. The DOTR is cumming.

Well, my back is royally fucked up, and I have one bad knee thanks to a sporting injury. So about the only excercise I can get nowabays without putting myself into too much pain, while avoiding total muscle atrophy is to put my bum knee over the good one and do a moderate amount of push ups on a good day (without putting myself in too much pain). That, and do a few pull ups over the kitchen counter (push with your arms and shoulders only, do not use your feet or legs in any way), to pull the rest of your body up there, stay as long as you think you can and do not slam your way back to the ground that'd fuck your kness even worse. Ease your way back to the ground. Given that both your knees are fucked, I guess that's about as much as you can do.

Unlike mine, your back's alright though, so there is a whole lot of other excercises you can do that I can't.

Thank you for your invaluable contributaion to this thread.

If you keep pushing that could turn into something serious user.
Have you thought of being fitted for shoes? I would look around your local area for a custom sneaker/running shoe shop.

I assume most fags here aren't on gear and aren't aiming to be bodybuilders or look like ronnie coleman. You would have to go light on all these exercises too with a rep range like that. Plus, with exercises like
Nobody wants to do these, they are gay as all hell and not necessary unless you are a bodybuilder, You will have better luck with less of these isolation's and more compound movements, both heavy and high weight, always high intensity.
Just adding weight when you feel like it will not provide optimal results, you are better off running a free program focused on compound movements, for example, 5/3/1(3 day SBD split) or west side for skinny bastards(4 day upper/lower split) (totally free programs)
defrancostraining.com/westside-for-skinny-bastards-part3/
t-nation.com/workouts/531-how-to-build-pure-strength

How so? Herniated disk?
Have you tried dead hangs or moon boots(hang upside down) from a pullup bar? That may help.

I meant light weight

here

Attached: 341e6669b7fd9e5b564e05b024dd087db87ee6df8d43ad877b289436c201785f.jpg (1724x1269 68.82 KB, 137.82K)

is pic related you?

Attached: 1469172795442-0.png (893x1228, 997.06K)

well, I was looking for another reason to get into gunsmithing.

shit, that may be a good option, never knew they were doing that shit. Other than being on the edge towards high LDLs (I'm skinny as fuck but eat like a fatty), I'm healthy enough for that procedure.

Sounds good. My upper body is fine (so far). Hyperlordosis is going to fuck me eventually but so far the spine is holding, can do crunches, etc.

I'm an ex-gymnast. I have excellent control over my bodyweight, superb balance and coordination, and I can run a 5:00 mile. After letting myself go for years, I'm finally getting back into fitness.

I started with what I know I'm good at:

running 3x per week: first day is 2 sets of 1 mile as fast as I can (current best is 4:53), second day is as many miles as possible while maintaining a sub-7:00-mile pace (current best is 3.5 miles), and third day is running as many miles as possible (first 5 miles must be run in less than 45:00 - current best is 9 miles).

bodyweight exercises: 5bx every morning as soon as I get out of bed, pull-up bar in the closet near the bathroom (I do a set of 5 every time I come out of the bathroom, rotating between different hand positions), but at work where there is no pull-up bar, I alternate sets of 25 push-ups, 25 jumping jacks, and sometimes crunches/dips/squats/running in place whenever I feel like it.

I'm in great shape, I eat right, and my skinny ass is strong for my weight (5'9", 145 lbs). So I ask you, Zig Forums…

What kind of strength training regimen should I get on? I want to build a bunch of muscle and strength, because my agility will only get me so far against a much bigger adversary. I don't want to sacrifice my agility (I want to stay light on my feet and flexible) so I don't want to get totally jacked. Also, I'm planning on taking hand-to-hand combat classes at some point; boxing and jujitsu call out to me as being extremely useful, but do you have any other recommendations?

Ah, my fellow manlet. 5'6 155 lbs here
225 Bench
255x2 Squat
275x2 Deadlift
I'm testing my maxes at the end of my current cycle(2 weeks from now)
Do you know your 1RM's for S/B/D?
You underestimate how hard it is to get "jacked", trust me, you won't do it by accident lmao. As for your fear of muscle impeding your agility, watch this video, this faggot is cuhraaazy atheletic, but also "jacked" (200lbs +), as long as you do mobility stretching in addition to your lifting you'll be plenty agile.
Granted, he is also on gear, but gear doesn't negate my point. (Gear is also a reason many people get "jacked" easily and quickly, giving a false perception of what is achievable natty)

Ok, here we go.
Since you're new to lifting, you will experience "newb" gains, which your body adapting to the barbell movements, so you're not actually getting "stronger" per se. For your program, you're going to want a simple program focused on compound movements with linear progression, such as 5/3/1, something I mentioned earlier in the thread. Before you start the program learn how to squat, bench/overhead press, and deadlift WELL, practice your form. Look it up on jewtube, practice, get good, then start a program(You will also need to test your maxes before starting the program). After all this you need to increase your caloric intake to build any considerable muscle mass(something I'm not good at tbh, small appetite for a small man) For this, I would suggest drinking more whole milk, very easy to get down and calorically dense. I'd say HGOMAD (Half a gallon of milk a day) or GOMAD (Gallon of milk a day) if you don't mind a little fat.
I'm currently on two different programs ATM. Mark Bell's stronger in 30 days for my bench press (I have the PDF if you want it) and a generic T-Nation program for my squat and deadlift.
My week of training looks like this
A: Deadlift
B: Bench
C: Squat
D: Bench
x:Off
(I also add in some weighted core work on my squat and deadlift days)
ABxCDxx
I like to run on off days, a mile, which you are much more adept at than I am (7:55 Mile time) A few minutes to shave off.
What shoes do you use for running?

I recommend fighting irl. Sure get your mma down, but then take your gloves off and put yourself in a potentially deadly situation if you fuck up. I can assure you that the number one priority you must have is overcoming fear and gaining confidence. Ive seen hundreds of life/death fights and 9/10 times, the victor has 1st hand experience and sublime acceptance of the stakes. Training your heart, then mind, then body has always produced the greatest warriors.

Yeah, dead hangs work fine too.

Yeah. Two badly herniated discs, and a bunch of other problems with greek/ roman-sounding names I never bothered to memorise or understand in the first place Ignore the Greek flag, it's a VPN. Operated twice. Didn't work. Also turns out I'd actaully broken a vertebra and then proceeded to walk about doing my everyday shit, lifting shit, doing shit I shouldn't have done, etc. for at least six months or so before I or the doctors for that matter even realised what was wrong by which point the bone had already fused itself, but rather badly and crockedly, which for reasons far beyond my non-existent medical knowledge, caused or causes other problems I can't even pretend to comprehend but I've been told told I have and that's a bad thing by men who do.

TL;DR: Apart from the discs, embed related is all I know.

Yeah, but the problem (with both of us) is mostly in the lower body. Back then I used to have legs the size of tree trunks. I'd hardly be exaggerating if I said I used to spend half of my waking hours either walking, jogging or running absurdly long distances ever since I was a kid just for the fun of it! Then, suddenly, poof! All that regular exercise gone, and now my legs look like pipe cleaners! Fucking pathetic! I never even cared about upper body strength that much tbh, but I took pride in my legs.

Ab crunches, are great, too. I did them just for the pure extastic sheer fun of it!

Very nice.
You could try injecting stem cells into your spine too.

Unless they have a knife or gun.
TBH a real MMA fight or combat sport, such as a wrestling tournament, would have the same impact to a degree.
But I think that's good advice, have you done it? I should try it some time

S

yeah well fuck you too buddy

Attached: power foot.gif (436x328, 487K)

Also, how did you herniate your disks?

How do I do a nigger?

Very carefully.

In the ass

A rope. Good cardio routine followed by a brief but intense upper body workout.

That's the damned thing of it, my fellow manlet. I was execersisng much too hard, you know, that "push yourself to the limint meme and all" and I was rather mad, now it was around 3 O'Clock, I hear something snap/ break/ crack (

I too took great pride in my legs because I was fast and agile as fuck. I miss speed. Better than the drug named after it. How I feel now vs. then.

Attached: muslim sonic.png (919x720 48.89 KB, 56.73K)

Oh, fuck, accidental reply!

Well continuing: I just remember these two facts (I was pushing myself to the limit, and I was majorly angry at the time), and that disgusting sound (like some bad horror/ B-movie sound effect when somebody rips someone's flesh and bones apart) and I remember (very vaguely) continuing, or rather continuing on. Apparently, I just blacked out then. I just remember waking up at around 8 o'clock. I could hardly stand on my legs then. It was like they weren't even following my command! So I took a cab to the local, trusty, grumpy old GP, I waguely remember telling him something, and him giving me some muscle relaxants and NSAIDS and a rubbing gel, and going home. tl;dr of it is: I was exercising, I black out, next thing I know is I'm no loger in control of my body.

Anyway, after two or three weeks (or fuck knows how long, it was years ago) of walking about, lifting weights, one day I'm practically paralysed leg down for a month, and after a month I had to take large amounts of muscle relaxants daily for almost an year just to be able to stand.

I don't know if I herniated the discs because of, or after the injury, or it was just a simple moderate unilateral herniation at L5 that turned into this major fuck up after the fact because I didn't know of it or what.

I don't even remember what exact exercise I was doing at the moment. But there was this rarely-used, practically abandoned on weekends dirt track I sometimes used (because most of the time nobody else did and I had an entire fucking track to myself) and it had these 2-3 feet tall concrete slabs (in lieu of stages) that I often incorporated in my exercises. For all I know I fell down/ on one (or all!) of them. At least that's the only logical explanation I can come up with.

But yeah, I just say 'sporting injury' when someone asks me about it, because that's both true, and all I know and remember. If I were to say more I'd just come off as a nutter!

Aye, that's exactly how it is, my brother-in-feels.

This is a good start.

Attached: 02e00216690826f9b1857dfab62beacbd4184df8581ced92a142ae7f5f51c63e.png (1203x2261, 516.83K)

good advice, but my ankles are McFucked, so no running for me. any suggestions for low impact leg exercise? rowing machine maybe? not that itll help me now, im getting corrective surgery on my foot in 6 days anyway.

Swimming.

Typical how he didn't post his own body
Take this as a lesson, all world class ahteletes are on PED's be it steroids or something else. Drug testing is useless, considering athletes can just cycle off weeks to months before testing (depending on PED)
I can't even fathom how ignorant this is
Endurance work, while it may work the calves, is in direct opposition to "strength", your legs will not be strong from running, they will be good at running. You can run, but has this guy even had to pick something up off the ground and carry it?
Militaries of the world don't really care about your health and fitness, you don't have to be strong to be in the military, you have to be good at rucking, walking and doing pullups/pushups.
This has turned into literal bro science tbh, true strength is the ability to produce force against an external resistance, it is not measured in muscle fibers.
Also, if this fag wants to know "true strength" he should look at competitive strongmen(pic related)
this guy is just pulling shit out of his ass, body builders (all on gear, by the way, gear = steroids) are fairly weak for their size because they mostly do fluff and puff exercises, because that's all they need. You can build muscle without training if you're on pharma grades testosterone.
Also, since this fag likes to use bodybuilders to discount weight training, refer to this video for my example

so do most people under the age of 30 lmao

Working with heavy weights will get you quicker gains in strength and muscle density than doing lots of endurance bodyweight work(not saying bodyweight work is bad mind you), the fact that this idiot points to drug users as example of his program and just says he "looks ripped, feels strong" is telling. But if you want to listen to some idiot on the internet about what he "feels" is good while spewing blatant shit out of his mouth go ahead.

I have been sticking to a keto diet, shit works, lost 2 kilograms in 2 weeks.

What I really hate is beer, it really makes your guts big.

If you don't stuff your fat fucking face all day you can drink beer. Beer doesn't make your gut big, a caloric surplus of carbs and fat does.

Beer visibly make my guts bigger and liquidly unlike last week where I just had pork and egg.

sure

I got some reeboks that were on sale, hopefully they have better support than the inserts I've been stuffing in my shoes.

He could just be really bloated. Beer bloats the shit out of me. Bread too.

Been doing this a while.
Plenty of stretches too.

How am I doing?

What the fuck are those
Could you explain further?
Also, how many dumbbells do you have? What weights?
You should also be doing some weighted lunges.
Increase the volume. If you are doing 50 at 1 time add another set of 50 with a 3 minute break in between sets.
Make sure your form is good, you could fuck your joints. I suggest hill sprints instead, much more bang for your buck distance wise, they also force you to use proper form.
How many days a week do you do this user?

Model?

It's better than nothing. What do you mean by lifts? Curls? And, having a way to progress and do more is something you probably don't have.

If you're going hard on the calisthenics there's an entire progression to each major exercise. You work up to do one handed pushups and pullups for instance. With that number of pushups and situps in a set you could definitely be going down that progression.

I also see gaps in there. No pullups, dips, presses, squats, or anything for the back.

Did anyone ask you chink?

Attached: 54be4aecf64c13f296b867694e6f0996b2c415fb0c240d3da8aafba0633ea8a6.jpg (250x250, 4.56K)

Smoke a peace pipe bro.
Its a good introduction to basic fitness. Its simple and straightforward and doesnt require much reading of anything. Its cheap. It doesnt require the expense or embarrassment of going to the gym for the less than healthy. Also, most people can do it so its a pretty decent intro.
As for running, it depends on what TYPE of running. Im a big advocate of hill sprints, they really do work the lower body and core pretty well, especially if done on an irregular path. Not mentioned in the previous pic but good advice anyway.
The name of this thread is 'combat fitness general' so i guess we should be using the military as a guide anyway. Theres a reason they emphasise endurance i suppose?

Lift for strength. i.e. low reps high weight
Run and ruck for cardio.
Sprints and/or HIIT for anaerobic conditioning
Extra situps and pullups if you're actually in the military or want to join since you'll be tested on them.

Such is to be expected from a degenerate, beady eyed anglo such as yourself.
I agree, but the fact that the screencap is so matter of fact
it comes off as saying that these bodyweight movements are the be all end all of physical fitness, I just don't anyone getting confused.
ofc, but the screencap (which i've seen posted on /fit/ also) stated that these exercises would make you "hugely strong" in both upper and lower body. The opposite is true, they would increase your muscular endurance. Not saying endurance is bad, but getting two opposites like endurance and strength mixed up is dumb.

Attached: 1468638114195.png (500x278, 90.52K)

Also, forgot to mention this
The military conducts combat in a much different way than we, as lone citizens, would. The thread is aimed at (if you read the OP) individual combat or self defense, which is a far cry from large groups of coordinated soldiers operating in a theater such as afghanistan. So no, using the military as a model is not a good idea.

Say goodbye to your knees lad

What should I start with as an skeleton aspiring to get /fit/?

Attached: spec_spigal.png (606x715, 69.98K)

Drink more milk
Buy a gym membership
Go 3 days a week, do this
Start at whatever weight you want(Pick something you can lift for the specified reps and sets), don't ever fail a rep. You will add 5 pounds to your squat and deadlift every workout, you will add 5 pounds to your benchpress/press every week.
If you fail a week, don't progress until you stop failing.
Don't ask anyone at the gym for advice
I will post some form videos for you, starting with the squat.

Squat 5 reps x 3 sets
Pull ups to failure x 3 sets (If you cant pull up, jump up and do negatives)
Overhead Press/Bench Press 5 reps x 3 sets
Deadlift 5 reps x 1 set

This will make you bigger and stronger (If you get enought calories in), it will not make you a better runner, or good at endurance work. Do something else for those if you wish, just make sure to eat more calories dependent on what you do.
A word of warning : This program will probably stop working after 3 or 4 months, milk it for all it's worth and switch to something else when progress halts.

Benchpress
The squat video is longer due to the squat being a bit more likely to snap your shit up than bench. Feel free to skip around the video.

Deadlift

6'1 165 lb skeleton reporting in, thank you for these sir.

Grasse roads?

Thanks, I've been going to the beach 5 times a week and running the full mile, periodically running on the sand.
Got a Gym Membership last week but didn't feel like going didn't have the time.

Sweet. Also, between sets rest 2-5 minutes(whatever you feel like), so, lets say it takes you a minute per set (this is on the upper end). Also a warm up, which should take 5-10 minutes before your workout (pushups, bodyweight squats). At most your workout shout take around an hour if you stay focused. No 10 minute rest periods.

Isn't it also very important to keep your head forward in order to prevent unbalanced vertabral pressure that leads to popped discs?

By forward do you mean not looking up or down, but looking straight ahead or "forward"? If so, yes.
Here's an anecdote to support that. When I was in HS wrestling we had a SWAT trainer teach us how to squat, he specifically showed us to look forward at all times. Apparently he had back problems from doing this his whole life.

Combat fitness is a practical thing. One of the problems with a more structured approach (weights for instance) is that it can cause us to focus too much on simple progress beyond the point at which its meaningful. A similar thing can happen with Martial Arts, we become obsessed with getting just a little bit better long after practical combat effectiveness is attained. In part i think this arises from our early experience and rapid progress when we begin to train. Meaningful improvement is within easy reach. But after a while it becomes diminishing returns like an abstract metric instead of a practical thing. But we continue to base our training on our early experience.
But at what point does the ability to lift a little more become academic? At what point does learning another obscure technique become just fluff? There IS a place for the absolute best in physical fitness and combat knowledge, but for most of us its meaningless.
A man with good fitness (the screen cap i posted before as an example would do well enough) and a good, practical grasp of a handful or two simple and effective techniques will not be a 'master' of combat or even close. But they will be able, with the right motivation, to take on most combatants they are likely to face with a good expectation of success most of the time.
THIS is realistic combat fitness. Its not that having better technique or greater strength is irrelevant, its that beyond a certain point these things are overshadowed by other factors like mental state/motivation or gear for instance.

As for the idea that the advice given in the cap. wouldnt give good strength, im not so sure.
If you can do a solid minute of pull ups with good form wait a minute then repeat a couple more sets, then yeah, you will have excellent upper body strength. Maybe not the best, sure and there would still be room for meaningful improvement, but adequate for most men most of the time. And thats the point, its practical fitness rather than abstract fitness.

Attached: 195-tien-shan-range.jpg (1792x1167, 421.54K)

This. Gyms are great for city folk or people who really can't exercise any other way, since the equipment in a gym lets you focus your exercises. But combat fitness is more developed through grueling combat exercise, as in while using military equipment.

Besides what are you going to do, focus 1 week on just body exercises, then week 2 on proficiency with arms?

I didn't mean at the same time. If you're really that worried about your knees, you can just ruck. It's much lower impact than running.

What I suggest is practical.
Not only will the "structured" approach have you seeing progress(large jumps in strength and size) for YEARS, but it will keep your coming back as incentive to train. I find exercise fun, but not all people do. What do you mean by meaningful progress? Progress doesn't matter at a certain point, what matters is consistency in training, which is something a "structured" approach provides.
Also, when you speak of "structure" What are you even trying to say? That you should just do pull ups and run around with guns in the woods until you puke? That is the vibe I got from that screencap. "Structure" Can also be applied to ANYTHING, not just weights, and it should be applied to every type of physical training. Running should be structured, so should bodyweight exercises and rucking, you should know the weight of your pack, your mile time, and how many miles you are either running or rucking. This is so you can gauge progress and keep consistent.
For you, perhaps, but you must adapt your training as time goes on to accumulate more stress on the body, and longer recovery times, which will lead to progress. This is what smart, structured training is.
Does it matter when we are "training" for something with a very small chance of happening? The very idea of "combat" isn't even practical. Whatever keeps you training, whatever keeps you consistent. For this, we need structure, but not all of us can stay in the military forever.
You should always practice the basics, and if learning something new and interesting keeps you coming back, so be it. You must also keep in mind that with non-use, we may not be able to draw on these skills as readily as we were with training, if at all. Consistency at any cost, whatever keeps you training, because the point of training is lost if you only do it once a month. Heavily structured workouts in a consistent routine with planned progress, changes, new material, are the key to this.
You misread my post, and perhaps I was also unclear.
I think pull ups are a great exercise, but they ARE not a good way to build a well rounded upper body(My problem with the screencap was the phrase "all you need for a hugely strong upper body" or something along those lines). You must practice pushing and pulling exercises for obvious reasons. You must push and pull in different planes of motion, with overhead press and bent over rows, to build a well rounded upper body, capable of exerting force against an external resistance in any direction. But when doing SO MANY reps, the body adapts, body weight and muscle mass drop and it becomes more a test of muscular endurance than one of pulling strength.
What does this even mean lad? What is practical about it vs. weight? adequate for what exactly? This is all abstract in a sense, what you suggest is just inefficient, and will lead to confusion and failure. People like structure, people crave structure, that is why structure is good for fitness.

What? Nigger you can do pushups wherever you stand, you can run on sidewalks, you can pull up on a monkey bar?
tbh i expect this of a torposter who used the phrase "city folk" unironically
You didn't read the OP obviously, this thread isn't about firearms training ,it is about physical training.

Also, I may seem to be coming off as derisive of bodyweight and endurance work. I think It is good to do any kind of training, but the pic i originally replied to rubbed me the wrong way with it's willy nilly approach to training. It's not "bad" advice per se, just not "good" advice.

I don't live in the city, but there are no monkey bars near my house, the trees don't have thick enough branches to substitute, and I tried to use one of those door frame setups, but I heard a cracking sound from the plywood lintel as soon as I did one so I immediately dropped that. The gym I go to not only has all sorts of setups for weight lifting and cardio, it has setups for bodyweight exercises like pullups, dips, and even rope climbing, and also has a olympic pool. This means variety of exercise, which means less chance of falling into a rut and stopping out of boredom, and better muscular balance. Gyms aren't bad. I mean, even the ancient Greeks had gymnasiums instead of just wandering out into the wild and lifting stones.

How much milk should I be drinking when lifting? I eat eggs everyday and drink milk inmediately after working out.

Milk is just an easy way to be in a caloric surplus to gain weight so it's not set. Take what you normally eat and then add on ~5-600 calories for weight gain, which is about 1 quart or liter of milk, and another couple hundred for what you burned working out. You can eat more to gain weight faster but you might end up with more of the extra weight being fat. I personally don't have those problems but some do.

If you want to count protein, 1g/lb or 2.2g/kg body weight is recommended for lifting. Endurance requires slightly less. If you don't, just eat a lot of meat, eggs, and other high protein foods.

Really, don't stress on getting everything perfect out of the gate. Focus on making changes last. People fail when they try to do a complete 180 all at once.

By structured i mean the more abstract "im better because i have added 2 more pressups/ive added 2 more pounds" type of thing even though the practical impact is meh. The emphasis should be on practical, functional strength and endurance. That doesnt mean that the extra pressups etc.. arnt improvement, they are. It just raises the question: What are you training for?
If its to be the very best you can be, an expert in peak physical fitness then the small improvement is meaningful. You have progressed towards your goal.
But if your goal is simple, practical effective strength, endurance and combat ability then its just diminishing returns for increased effort.
The structure i mentioned is probably better described as a set of assumptions we tend to make. Its a mental structure i suppose, but it can be reinforced by certain types of training. And if we plough enormous effort in order to gain only negligible improvements perhaps we need to reassess what we are doing and why? Is this practical or abstract? Am i using my time and effort productively or could it be spent doing something more productive? Etc…
The benefit of the pic i posted is that if followed it cuts through much of the assumptions we tend to make and gives us adequate strength and endurance that can form a good solid basis for combat. Nor the best of the best but good enough for most circumstances without it really requiring much expense or time. Its a functional approach that i find a bit more healthy than the more obsessive detail orientated approach that its all to easy to fall into.
The approach is something like this:
Now that i have developed my body to a reasonable degree what am i going to do with it?
This is a question that i should have asked myself years ago instead of playing the 'my goal is to add another 5 lbs' game and loosing interest or burning out. I can run for fun and not just for fitness. I can climb, i can hike, i can fight etc… Of course the slightly more autistic guys can do all these things as well. And thats the point. In spite of all the dietary nuance, obsession over training, time at the gym etc… in practical terms they (mostly) only do AS WELL as a more functional bloke like me. It doesnt mean those guys are wrong, it they love it im ok with that. But its important to not get swept up in that kind of abstract improvement and the structure or assumptions that its based on.

Attached: 2fbdc3b6da80dc054a3cec3df00a3f6823e4a558be42f85c44ff770cebce3c94.png (581x1100, 914.7K)

Functional strength is a meme at best. Unless you do nothing but isolation exercises (machines) and only on a few major muscles, your strength will be perfectly functional. Unless you train like a true retard, you're either strong or you're not. Your long rambling post is just you getting high on your own farts. Fucking stop.

Functional=is it good enough to hit hard enough, carry enough etc… well enough to get whatever that task is done properly. Pretty straightforward really.

Attached: H.jpg (478x268, 156.97K)

What is enough though? Enough for what? What task? This is all abstract in a sense. "Functional" training is dumb.

Everything related to "combat fitness" is abstract though. Weight training is "functional", it makes you stronger In general, deadlifts, squats, and presses/pulls translate to movements in the real world. It would translate to a fight too, to combat. What does functional mean, functional for what? What function are we performing? Productive, functional? Unless you participate in a sport (such as wrestling) none of these mean anything. Structured weight training and cardio can be transferred to any movement in the world, any stressful action, it is important to stay consistent, not to let muscle atrophy take hold, or is it? If you get burnt out on weight training, well, it is important to have a goal. Maybe switch to oly lifting, or start a sport, whatever. It's all about what keeps you training. Maybe have a goal of losing or gaining weight, I don't know, this is all tailored to you. I guess, if you think training is necessary. Shit probably isn't going to hit the fan, you probably aren't going to get in a fight or need to defend yourself.

Weight training is the most effective way to gain and maintain muscle and strength, something which may or may not be important in a possible combat scenario which may or may not occur.
What does this mean? Do as well in what? What are we even talking about at this point? Combat or life? Weight training and a good diet increase bone and muscle density, this becomes very apparent at old age, which may or may not give you a better chance of living a longer life. But again, we are going off the rails with this discussion What we should be talking about is goals, fitness goals, and the most effective way to reach those goals. Goals are important, without them you are training for the sake of… something. You need goals to stay consistent.

Reminder to take the /fraud/pill
Steroids are much cheaper and safer than (((they)))'ve lead you to believe, 20 weeks of 500mg test enanthate and maybe 50mg daily of an oral like dianabol or anavar for the first or last 6 weeks shouldn't set you back more than £200 (including AI, syringes, needles and possible ancillaries) and won't have any permanent side effects unless you go full retard AND have bottom of the barrel genetics

Thanks for the cringe, buddy. I'd really like to see a picture of your current physique, but anyways, your idea is okay.

The Roman gladiators were fed a meal called "puls" (read: pools, with a short "oo"), which is a pulp made from barley, beans, onion, garlic and olive oil. This diet enabled them to build muscle and strong bones. I found the following recipe online:

Some say they also drank a mix of vinegar and plant ash, haven't looked into that yet though. If you want to read more about the details of Roman gladiator diet, go here:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4198250/

There are many similar dishes available worldwide with different grains, legumes and vegetables that work in the same fashion (oatmeal, amaranth, bulgur, risotto, polenta, etc.). Garlic is associated with all kinds of benefits, such as cleaning the blood, preventing cancer, increasing muscle growth and testosterone production. Many Hindus strictly avoid allium plants (onions, garlic, leek, etc.) due to their invigorating and aphrodisiac nature, so there's enough reason to assume it has a noticable effect.

In many traditional martial arts (such as Kalaripayattu) they start with preparing the body for exercise before beginning any actual training. This mostly involves stretching (non-kinetic) and massages with oil, to relax the muscles and reduce risk of injury.

After a few weeks of such preparation, they start with basic exercises. For physically unfit people, cardio exercise should take priority so the heart and circulation don't get fucked up when confronted with weight and high intensity interval training. It also prepares the muscles for action and allows the body to get used to frequently repair increased wear on tendrons, joints and bones that inevitably result from harsh exercise.

When running, make sure to run without shoes a lot. Running injuries are another prime example of the self defeating mechanism called "civilization" and many African runners are the evidence. They run barefoot, often many miles daily over hilly and rocky as fuck terrain (google the Ethiopian highlands and you'll see what I mean) and rarely have injuries from running alone. That's mostly because their muscles and tendrons are exercised well and capable of enduring the load put onto them, as well as the right running technique, which is rolling in- and backward from the outer front in a spring-like fashion, so that your knees and hips never get the shock from a heel-first impact, see second picture.

The issues start to appear when we walk and run a lot in rather thick shoes or boots: those stabilize our feet, thus taking workload off our feet, thus exposing them to less stimulus, which our body answers with letting them get weaker. To prevent further risk of injuries, we get even better running shoes with even greater stabilization, that reduce the load on our already weakened feet even more and makes them even weaker. It's a never ending cycle that has fucked up many people's feet, even (or especially) those of avid runners. Meanwhile, that Kenyan guy who hasn't had shoes for half his life is sprinting over the fucking fields of Pelennor like a Hobbit on amphetamines and doesn't give a fuck.

Swimming is especially good for people such as , who should also try out Yoga. For some people with fucked up joints, such as that one paratrooper vet who spent years in a wheelchair, it has done wonders. Doctors told him he'd never be able to walk without help again. Yeah, well, we'll see about that, mhkay?

youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FSZJu448

Attached: DPMJosi.png (785x793, 1.26M)

Weights are definitely an advantage, though one can do without or improvise if one's a poorfag. Try to get used ones online or locally, many people might gift you some they have lying around not using them. Alternatively, go into your local woods and check for large logs that you can lift or fill sand bags (wrestlers traditionally prefered lifting those since they're instable and imitate an actual body better than stiff weights, also trains more muscles due to shifting weight when exercising). Any hardware store should have metal pipes/rods or wooden beams that you can use to exercise with.

The total no-brainer is probably the burpee, a combination of push-up, squat and a straight jump, which can be effectively paired with running on the track.

This exercise gets even the strongest and fittest people to their limits rather quickly, so its ideal if you don't want to spend a lot of time on exercising.

Squats alone with weights work wonders as well, as you're pushing the weight with all of your body. Any part of the body that gets exercise will yell for repair afterwards, thus stimulating growth. Which get's us to…

… the actual growth happening, which is when you sleep. If you don't sleep (enough), you don't grow. If you don't eat enough, your body lacks building material to grow. Thus, sleep and food are two very important factors to get everything out of your exercise regimen. There's more than enough people out there who train hard and eat right, but simply don't sleep enough for their body to repair, thus stifling growth.

Attached: Wilkerson HT2 MARQUEZ OF SBU12 APRIL 1987.jpg (1024x705, 211.44K)

Attached: high_elf_jew.png (469x305 23.11 KB, 63.82K)

Uh, Strelok.

Attached: little intellect.png (200x387, 145.11K)

Say that to my face and see what happens fgt :^)
What is non kinetic stretching?

Why split it up into two posts?

But when SHTF where will you get your post cycle drugs?

It's when you stretch without swinging your limbs. Kinetic stretching bears the risk of you swinging further than your body can tolerate, resulting in injury. By stretching slowly and without any external help (such as keeping a limb stable with the help of a wall, chair, etc.), at least in those cases it makes sense, you avoid that risk.

Hit the letter limit.

So, static stretching? I've usually heard "kinetic" stretching called dynamic stretching.
Didn't know there was one.

Any tips for increasing bench press? I'm struggling with getting any higher than 155 lbs

Do more bench press and eat more food.
How often are you benching a week?
What kind of rep/set scheme are you doing?