New FAL Pistol from Atlantic Firearms

atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-pistols/sa58-tactical-pistol-25-bbl-w-stabilizing-brace-detail.html?Itemid=0

Attached: dsa fal pistolshort.jpg (1000x540, 144.71K)

A hand flamer?

Attached: sobs_cosplay.jpg (600x618, 163.43K)

Stocks on pistols always looks so stupid, even these types of pistols.

So small its cute

Repeating flashbang.

Sounds like a pain to shoot tbh

Well now i suppose we have the luxury of not needing anything to help stabilize repeat shooting or pistols now don't we. someone fucking kill me

why not make a normal FAL?

Does DSA actually make good FALs or are they still shit?

Attached: 1469420847403.jpg (278x341, 53.28K)

Chris Bartocci shills for them pretty hard. Apparently they bought out all the tooling and blueprints FN was using for them back in the day, so if there's any US company that does FAL clones well it would be them.

I'd put money on "ATF import point fuckery". For the ATF 50AE is more sporting purpose than 22lr.

Apparently they've switched to cast receivers of late.

I just got my DSA Voyager 21 inch barrel ol standard last week. Been throwing a few rounds out of it about every single day, seems pretty decent. No obvious errors in worksmanship, was able to group 2 inches at 80 yards with shit grade Tula, had one hiccup because of the gas setting which was easily fixed enough. If its not a sterling, hand made Belgian beauty, it certainly seems like a functional battle rifle.

As I type, the one worry I have is that they sent a plastic magazine and not one of their own steel ones, and I prefer steel. Not only did I get the magazine I don't want, I remember watching that one Arizona-what-his-nuts-guy on the Youtube saying that Coonan and DSA receivers might not take surplus or other magazines, so I hope that when I get an order of steel magazines I don't get fucked over. I'll update if that ever happens.

Also, steel cast is inferior, but will it put a lifespan on my gun? In some cases the weaknesses of certain processes and materials can be fatal to the firearm, other times its beefcake enough to not be a concern.

Because pistol FAL a cute
A CUTE!

they suck, dont buy them. The receivers are rarely in spec and are cast not forged despite their frequent spreading of misinformation about this.
buy a fal on an import receiver or a LMT (pre 2006-iirc) DSA gun

G3 pistol when?

want to risk your gun blowing up?

Are you seriously saying that DSA is selling receivers so weak that they will blow up in my face, and the faces of other customers? Do receivers crack and fail, not explode, because barrels and chambers explode?

Its like the Tommy gun forum I joined for a bit when my brand new TM1 had teething issues, like every other modern built Auto Ordnance gun out there. I went for the free warranty fix, which fixed the gun perfectly into a well functioning weapon, while the entire forum was pushing me to send it to a specialty custom shop instead and PAY WITH MY OWN MONEY what Kahr was supposed to do with the warranty. Seemed like they were pushing a private business or two on forum members more than help them.

The more I hear about how shitty DSA and Coonan is the more I get the feeling that custom FAL builders are smearing them for their own gain. Having someone claim that the cast receiver is going to blow up is the kind of bullshit claim that a smear campaign would use. I don't think I'm going to believe anything else bad about the company until I see otherwise.

Why would you buy a rifle that you know isn't built to quality standards? Not even international military standards.
Congrats. That's a fucking faggy gun forum. This is *Mythchan.
Again, why the fuck would you knowingly purchase a product that is BUILT with lower quality components and parts. If they are going to the extent of lowering quality of parts via casting, what makes you think that other areas of the firearm will be lacking as well?
Also, the Coonan handgun had issues. I do not understand why anyone would buy that firearm. Last I heard was issues; although, I am sure those issues are not a big deal due to the fact that it is a range toy.

Attached: DID YOU REALLY THINK.jpg (285x208, 8.66K)

Damn, all I want is a full-sized FAL.

Already exist IIRC.

Can any user tell me if a .308 pistol is any good?

What's the difference?

Attached: 1455934666831.jpg (322x321, 7.67K)

Is there no good new production FALs? Is it easier and less of a hassle to just buy a PTR to get your euro battle rifle fix? If one does wan't a new/ish FAL is it possible to buy a properly made new production receiver and build it yourself from a parts kit or are they hard to find?

Attached: kunt.jpg (604x453, 59.85K)

You can take a FAL pistol out for walks to the parks and let it play on the swings and nobody will look at your strangely. If you take a FAL rifle to do that everyone will think you are your FAL are some sort of weird couple.

does anyone have the ad for the short barreled g3 that was the size of an mp5 but in 7.62 real nato

For a moment, I read "autistic firearms"

just go PTR and save yourself the trouble

Correct. Get a fal built by a respected builder on an import or lmt receiver or just get a ptr

Not the ad, but have this.

Attached: G3 belt-fed.webm (640x360, 2.9M)

This bad boy?

Attached: 194eb7252cd7e0526265e34196ebbce8fb1288ae703cd5dd0bd013c9ec6540d6.jpg (800x521, 40.64K)

woah woah woah there you have a tax stamp for that AOW kiddo?

still waiting for the .50 BMG Pistol for concealed carry.

Attached: 123120141219117.jpg (540x359, 46.66K)

And yet they were able to do a fucking paddle mag release which is beyond most modern manufacturers

That's because it's a gun taken straight from the factory and given a crop job, not an original manufacture.

The original blueprints aren't that important, it just saves them the trouble of having to reverse engineer the tolerances.
The tooling I really doubt they have in the first place, and even if they did it would mean less than squat. One, manufacturing processes have changed immeasurably over the last fifty years, and there's no way they're doing it old school, with banks of milling machines, lathes, and shapers, each set up to do one pass in an operation.
Two, the physical tooling is not so much important as is the institutional knowledge of how to properly tune and run that tooling. Building one rifle is easy; building a million rifles is an exercise in statistics, minimizing variation so that you produce parts within tolerance every single time.

Brutal

Will try to see someone shooting it, to see the fireball it creates.
H&K could had expanded G3's modularity like a Stoner 63a at this point, instead of just milking shekels.

Yeah, the other responses in the thread seem to echo what you say. Especially the cast receivers, I didn't know that and it's disheartening to hear. Makes me wonder why Bartocci shills for them and honestly reduces his credibility in my eyes.

All FN Herstal type 3 receivers are cast, and there aren't many reports of those rifles having any of the aforementioned issues, let alone exploding. Cast versus forged isn't the issue here, it's the fact that both DSA and Coonan can't seem to make receivers that work with standard FAL parts. Both Coonans that I have built needed additional machining (one on the radius at the front of the magwell, and the other on the left hand rail for the dust cover), and from what I've read on FALfiles DSA hasn't been much better in the past few years.
I can say that DSA's 30 round mags are garbage that don't fit in either of the FALs I built yet all of the surplus ones I've tried fit perfectly.

Attached: shorts.jpeg (746x927, 171.34K)

I also forgot to mention that both Coonan receivers I built on had improperly cut carry handle slots.
I really wish someone like Tortort or Bula would get into the FAL upper market.I'd gladly pay $500-$600 for a forged or billet upper that I don't have to perform finish machining on.

Attached: 2a7e24f990a7cb539e0390050052685ef1743d7c694d3125fe460317f7e810f1.jpg (439x298, 60.5K)